Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shroud
May 11, 2009
Looks like he's getting hairstyling tips from Prince. Watch out if he starts running around in frilly shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Soup and a Sandwich posted:

it's the most anti-rooney haircut possible

I don't think Andy Rooney would have that haircut?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is that a Sherman?
e- the tank

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Is that a Sherman?
e- the tank

Yeah it is.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I'm loving this guy. Keep it up youngblood.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
What is the best hairstyle for heading a ball?

Also, for preventing concussions?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

The new Outkast album is looking phat as hell

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Breath Ray posted:

The new Outkast album is looking phat as hell

Andre 3000 would never walk out the door looking that dumb, take it back.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hallowed Turban posted:

What is the best hairstyle for heading a ball?

Also, for preventing concussions?

I want a player to fashion his hair into a big bowl and then just catch the ball with it and run straight into the opposition's goal.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

vyelkin posted:

I want a player to fashion his hair into a big bowl and then just catch the ball with it and run straight into the opposition's goal.

I've thought of this more times than I care to admit. I seriously think it is possible, but will never happen and if it does a rule will instantly be made to ban such behavior (I don't even know how that would be codified). A similar "what the gently caress!?, alright we're making a rule" scenario was way back during a college (american) football game an ex-high jumper leapt up inside the endzone and smacked down a field goal that was just about to go in. They allowed the play to stand then made a rule after.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I always wondered if there was a specific rule to stop goalies having massive mutant hands/gloves.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
What I've always wondered is what rule is broken if a player tucks the ball beneath their shirt nohandedly and runs into the goal. YATR refused to print the cartoon I suggested so there's definitely something in it.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I always wondered if there was a specific rule to stop goalies having massive mutant hands/gloves.

RIP Memo Ochoa

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Breath Ray posted:

What I've always wondered is what rule is broken if a player tucks the ball beneath their shirt nohandedly and runs into the goal. YATR refused to print the cartoon I suggested so there's definitely something in it.

or what about if all the players form a circle around the ball and just shimmy it up into the goal? Or what about if all the players just stand on the goal line and make it impossible for the other team to score. Get Gary Neville on the case imho

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

vyelkin posted:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Seltzer posted:

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The death of a child is always a tragedy, but let's put this in perspective, shall we? I mean they WERE palestinian.

Breath Ray posted:

There's a generic "don't be a dick" yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Does anyone remember what the answer for number 3 was?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think Hackett says disallow the goal and yellow card because Hackett is a spoilsport. :(

Anyway, football pictures:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

I think Hackett says disallow the goal and yellow card because Hackett is a spoilsport. :(

Anyway, football pictures:

This picture never fails to amaze / amuse me - is there a video clip somewhere of him actually getting blasted in the face?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
In the same vein:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Seltzer posted:

Picture proves you're wrong.

Also, he calls himself Andre 3000.

Xabi fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 17, 2013

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID
Jose Enrique helping Iago Aspas unpack. Courtesy of the official Liverpool twitter feed

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
You'd think Liverpool players would be happier about being in Jakarta.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Dope As Hell

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

T. Finninho posted:

Dope As Hell

It gets body when it's humid.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

T. Finninho posted:

Dope As Hell

Good volume, great thickness, evidence of continual coverage across the scalp? drat that's some good hair.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T. Finninho posted:

Dope As Hell

Yup, he's a dope.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Does anyone remember what the answer for number 3 was?

quote:

3) As tempting as it might be to award the goal for sheer novelty value, you can't consider this a sporting act. So apply the laws firmly – it's all part of the learning process for these youngsters. Disallow the goal, show the player a yellow card for unsporting behaviour and restart with an indirect free-kick from the point on the pitch where the ball first landed on his hair. Jakob Sonderby wins the shirt.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

CisSTAR 19 posted:

You'd think Liverpool players would be happier about being in Jakarta.

They just got off a 12h flight or so, probably knackered as hell.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

What's Simon Pegg doing on their tour?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Girouds instagram has a disturbing amount of selfies.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Hegav posted:

3) As tempting as it might be to award the goal for sheer novelty value, you can't consider this a sporting act. So apply the laws firmly – it's all part of the learning process for these youngsters. Disallow the goal, show the player a yellow card for unsporting behaviour and restart with an indirect free-kick from the point on the pitch where the ball first landed on his hair. Jakob Sonderby wins the shirt.

Did Kerlon ever get carded for unsporting conduct? Or did the refs just figure defenders would eventually beat it out of him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYlqql38XkY

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

euroboy posted:

it's amazing http://instagram.com/oliviergiroudafc/

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Can't blame him. I'd do the same if I looked like that :swoon:

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Bloody tourists.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

CaptainRightful posted:

Did Kerlon ever get carded for unsporting conduct? Or did the refs just figure defenders would eventually beat it out of him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYlqql38XkY

According to Wikipedia (I know), he's playing in Japan now, after suffering numerous knee injuries while at Inter. I guess the defenders won, then.

massless
Feb 25, 2012

Esposito posted:

I'd like to know how many goals he has conceded because he was caught up the pitch after a free kick.

I could only find one instance, from 2005:

quote:

Santos launched a swift counter attack to score into an empty net to earn a 2-1 win in the Brazilian championship on Saturday after Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni failed to convert a free kick at the other end.

It was the first time in his career that Rogerio, who has notched 51 goals from penalties and free kicks, was caught out after going upfield to join the attack.

'It was going to happen one day but we still have confidence in him and he's going to keep taking free kicks,' Sao Paulo coach Paulo Autuori told reporters.

'If you remember all the important goals he has scored for Sao Paulo, then he is still in credit.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
You can't trap the ball in your afro or shirt because you're not allowed to trap the ball in a way that defenders can't safely disposes you iirc. I don't think you can trap it between your thighs and hop into the goal either for the same reason.

• Locked thread