Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Solomonic posted:

I got engaged! :neckbeard:

I feel like the real life version of that "IT'S HAPPENING" gif with Ron Paul.

I did too! :downs:

(The ring he got me is gorgeous :3: goons in luv)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009
I slept for 12 hours straight and it was amazing. I've been really exhausted lately and don't know why so this was like a slice of heaven.

Oh! Gabsolutely
May 10, 2013

"To die would be an awfully big adventure."
Today, I found out I get to go camping, buy a bathing suit, and am getting lots of Legos in the mail.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My boyfriend bought a new motorcycle on Saturday. I'm not particularly fond of the idea, because I'm paranoid, but it made him so drat happy that he was giddy. I loved seeing that.

Yesterday I spent some time with my mom and it didn't turn into an argument! I bought a pair of skirts and came home to the entire side of the house cleared of the obnoxious bush/tree thing that had taken over.

I barbequed, ate some yummy cookies and then, in response to his boss calling me his wife, my boyfriend drew a ring on my finger and called it a place-holder. He's serious too, which is sort of scary but also kind of awesome.

Man In The Boat
Jan 2, 2006
Let's get down to brass tacks
I finished working on my resume. I installed a TV for my mom. I had a buffalo tempeh wrap with kale and water to drink for lunch. I built a Lego house with my nephew. I'm going to go run at least 2 miles while it's 80 and humid and then I'm going to take a cold shower.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Finally got my gall bladder removal surgery scheduled. Bought more Magic cards with money I don't have. Two and a half weeks until an epic road trip with the boyfriend. Had a nap. Kitten isn't scared of the bean bag chairs anymore.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I've been learning to sew clothes recently and today I made a thing! A wearable thing! Considering a month ago I couldn't even stitch something straight with my machine, I've progressed pretty well!

Aberlien
Feb 12, 2011

I am a doctor. This is science.
I've been having a rough time dealing with the slum lords at my last apartment. Finally broke down and told my mom that they were trying to screw me out of $650 and I honestly didn't know what to do. Today she calls me and tells me she explained the situation to a lawyer friend of hers who is going to take care of the whole thing for me and my husband pro bono. Definitely feels good.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Got an offer letter for a new job I've been wanting. After being poo poo on for several years stuck in a go-nowhere job I finally sacked up and got out there and started looking for a new career. Found this awesome startup that has some awesome people working for it.

Dis me right now:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
It's my last day at my crummy desktop support job - I start at a new place Monday and will be working more with the networking and server side of IT, versus being a help desk/support analyst doing the same stuff each day without a challenge. Excited and anxious for Monday to get here, and have a 3 day weekend to boot :)

Also got a memory foam mattress topper for my mattress, since the mattress is kinda firm and I sometimes wake up with some stiffness in my back. I didn't think 1-1/2" memory foam would make much difference, but holy crap it's like going from a regular, basic firm mattress to a pillow top. Woke up today with no stiffness in the back and felt really refreshed and well-rested, best $50 I ever spent.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Got offered a new job for twice what I make now and more server/network support than desktop. So hooray no more being one of two people supporting 800 on-site and 200 remote users :supaburn:

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand
My husband got about $3000 from our credit card company because they didn't lower his interest rate when he was deployed. So they paid us back most of the interest we had paid off in that time.

So after spending time thinking about what we were going to spend it on, we decided to go on another trip to Las Vegas in December (we went last fall and loved it). We are staying at the Venetian and I am just so excited!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Beautiful weekend. Picnic at the river. Swimming. Sunburned!

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
After being bullied and injured at a Walmart by a customer three times my size a few weeks ago because I had dementia (with no response from Walmart) I started a social justice campaign for myself. Or rather, the part in my brain that is damaged, the part I call Captain Dementia, got pissed off on my behalf. He has never been an ally before, at least not one I've felt comfortable with. And this time he controlled himself for the most part.

In dementia, you lose your voice so quickly in response to incidents like this. I get nasty comments and worse every single day I go to the grocery store and use the simple accommodations I need to shop for myself, but I'd never been bullied to the point of injury. I was just responding like a dementia patient would, which is I now can no longer do the shopping for myself. Captain Dementia said "gently caress that, it's not right!"

When I realized what was happening - that I was actually sticking up for myself because Captain Dementia was doing something right for a change - it was pretty awesome.

Scared of Bees
May 14, 2004
Save your fork there is pie!!
Ditched the crutches after 2 months of physio as a result of knee surgery, gently caress ya feels good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'd been terrified to weigh myself for over a month since I hadn't been as careful as usual about what I was eating, but I bit the bullet. No difference in weight! :toot:

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Had my first date with a dude I really like. :3:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The boss of my boss came to visit my work site to talk to me and I was all nervous about it but he actually wanted to recruit me to do a job at a snooty country club because I'm the only site supervisor available who's not a complete redneck neanderthal. More pay and more hours.

Falling from your parent's/childhood social stratosphere pays off sometimes :unsmith:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Just registered for the last classes needed for transfer eligibility.

Hopefully, I'll be in a Cal State far from this place in a year's time.:unsmith:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Got a new ABA therapist lined up for my daughter, after our last one did a few things that made my wife and I concerned.
Feels nice to have that particular person out of my daughter's life. Also an old therapist that my little one loves is picking her case back up in September, so yay!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Finally got a job after ten grueling months of filling out thousands of job applications, only getting three call backs for an interview and then never hearing from them again, and battling a near bankruptcy filing. I go into HR tomorrow and begin the paperwork, and in two weeks, I'll be a working man with money again :homebrew:

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

Tonight I spend my first night in my new house.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

I filed my first ADA claim! I am so not used to actually standing up for myself when it comes to disabilities.

Even better, because of the social justice campaign I started, a store in Washington saw my post about how I was bullied and injured in Walmart for having dementia, and decided they are going to have a training for their employees on how to be welcoming and understanding of customers with invisible disabilities.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

I went in for my first ever job interview this morning, and walked out with everything in the works to start working before I begin college. I don't care if it's entry level shelf stocking work, I'm really happy to finally have a job after months of applications and almost no responses from anyone.

My now boss also said I did well on my interview, even if I was nervous for most of it.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I'm getting published again! :)

Even better, part of the payment is an original piece of artwork by the guy organising the anthology, and I love his stuff so much. :3:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
My official lighthouse enthusiast club badge came in the mail today :kimchi:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
She *still* wants to go out with me! :dance: I haven't had a potential relationship last this long or do this well in almost seven years.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Finally got my brakes fixed up today and it cost a lot less than I thought it'd be :woop: brakes were squeaking bad in the front and rotors were warped but I had bought a lifetime brake package when I had them done last, so no labor charge and pads replaced at no cost. Got new rotors, clean and adjust, and an oil change and it came out just under $200 after tax. Feels good to have silent brakes again and no pulsing when I'm coming to a stop :)

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
It's my birthday and my wife made a little cup cake and stuck a candle in it.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

I found a newspaper today while walking my dog.

It's dated November 1914 :iiam:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
A good friend of mine invited me to her Charity Shop Challenge party.

The idea is that everyone has a 15 budget, and has to go round charity shops and buy the most ridiculous outfits they can find. Then we're all going on a pub crawl. :dance:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just realized that my girlfriend's brother moves out in one month :toot:

(yes I'm in such a lowly state right now where that's good news to me)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Molentik posted:

I found a newspaper today while walking my dog.

It's dated November 1914 :iiam:

When you find the timetraveler, please have him or her do an A/T thread.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
The singer in Them, Roaringtwenties sounds like Finn from Adventure Time. It's been a boring day.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Yesterday I fell 3 miles. Despite myself, and despite screwing up quite badly during the fall, I did not die. There is some reason to be happy.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
I got the god drat graduate position!

Starts in Feb next year, and the pay is the highest for a grad accountant in the entire god drat country.

Plus, I graduated this time last week.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Got registered for classes, found out my GPA was not as bad as I'd assumed and found out possibly my old supervisors want me back at work. Consequently postponed planned suicide; had delicious sazitza for dinner.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

It's Colorado Day!

And tomorrow my uncle is flying in to visit! I get to take him on an acquisitions trip to a book & paper fair and then Saturday we're going to a huge party where I'll play some music and see lots of people I haven't seen in years.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
A squirrel drowned in my pool and, just as I was building the courage to interact with a dead animal, some kind of bird came up and snatched it out of the water. Now I don't have to. Thanks, bird. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Had a great workout, starting to feel results and left the gym with the most energy I've felt in months.