Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Level Slide posted:

I bet Boss Leader is Max's mom.

"I've ruined your childhood! Let's roast imaginary marshmallows!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
It's too bad this comic isn't a cartoon; panels 7 and 8 would make a great visual gag.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So I just plowed through this comic in the last few hours.

The art is great. The dialogue is great. The characters are great. This comic is great. Everything is great. :allears:

EDIT: Also the latest panel is probably the best one that could have been the latest when I started reading, because I saw the first half of it when I first when to the site and I was confused as all get-out when it suddenly arrived again with no build up.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 19, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The timing on this is just uncanny.

Cucumber Quest

Paranatural

Cucumber just isn't enough of a capital H Hero. I mean, look at what Isaac did in one night/morning. :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isaac confirmed shonen protagonist, holy poo poo :allears:

E: I wish I had gif-making skills, I would make an av that scrolled across Isaac's super-stylistic pose in the second-to-last panel over to Max looking dubious as gently caress.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 19, 2013

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Guys, I don't think it's possible for Isaac to get any more anime.

That's some really impressive art by Zack there, he really nailed the style.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Isaac confirmed shonen protagonist, holy poo poo :allears:

E: I wish I had gif-making skills, I would make an av that scrolled across Isaac's super-stylistic pose in the second-to-last panel over to Max looking dubious as gently caress.

No, you should make an avatar of Isaac with credits scrolling past.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Why does that kid have a MATLAB shirt?!

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's good software.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mr. Lobe posted:

Jealous?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Isaac is so anime it hurts.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So anime that he was in freeze frame pose it HURTS.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Maybe the magical system of Paranatural actually operates on a self-aware melodramatic monomyth - perhaps only for the possessed mediums, who get caught up in whatever drama spirits engage in to while away the time.

That would also explain why mediums need to be isolated from the crisis-management stuff that Mr. Spender & co. engage in - eventually the narrative needs to discard the pesky human involved and achieve denouement.

ronya fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 19, 2013

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Dude, Isaac. Gimme your keys, dude. You're waaay too shonen to drive right now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All that's missing is the credits song from I dunno the most anime of snimes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Will this do? Not Anime but Isaac is obviously A Friend of Justice.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ronya posted:

Maybe the magical system of Paranatural actually operates on a self-aware melodramatic monomyth - perhaps only for the possessed mediums, who get caught up in whatever drama spirits engage in to while away the time.

That would also explain why mediums need to be isolated from the crisis-management stuff that Mr. Spender & co. engage in - eventually the narrative needs to discard the pesky human involved and achieve denouement.

No, it's because the spirits eavesdrop and not all of them are nice, hence why Spender flings away Isaac's bat before telling him his spirit might maybe possibly be out to kill him. Mediums can't switch off their spirits that way, so every secret Isaac hears would also be heard by Cloudface Thundercrotch.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPB6MHlyBa4???
:v:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Oxxidation posted:

No, it's because the spirits eavesdrop and not all of them are nice, hence why Spender flings away Isaac's bat before telling him his spirit might maybe possibly be out to kill him. Mediums can't switch off their spirits that way, so every secret Isaac hears would also be heard by Cloudface Thundercrotch.

That doesn't really explain why Max's experience of the spirit world is so obviously different from Isaac's, a point which is being hammered in from the last two strips. Max is so crazily isolated by whatever reality-distorting effect that follows him around that he hasn't even met a school bully before, at least until former-urban-gang-member Isaac comes crashing into Mayview and drags Max into it. Instead his life is, apparently, an unending series of neatly bow-tied supernatural adventures that occur so regularly that it reaches a dramatic conclusion every morning.

Max goes on fetch quests assigned by magical princesses. Isaac gets to deal with shoplifters. That's the contrast being illustrated here, isn't it?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

ronya posted:

That doesn't really explain why Max's experience of the spirit world is so obviously different from Isaac's, a point which is being hammered in from the last two strips. Max is so crazily isolated by whatever reality-distorting effect that follows him around that he hasn't even met a school bully before, at least until former-urban-gang-member Isaac comes crashing into Mayview and drags Max into it. Instead his life is, apparently, an unending series of neatly bow-tied supernatural adventures that occur so regularly that it reaches a dramatic conclusion every morning.

Max goes on fetch quests assigned by magical princesses. Isaac gets to deal with shoplifters. That's the contrast being illustrated here, isn't it?

You mixed up the names and its crazy ahhhhhhh.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Yoya posted:

You mixed up the names and its crazy ahhhhhhh.

whoops

oh well whatever :v:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

ronya posted:

Yes except you have their names reversed which made that pretty confusing :v:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Seoinin posted:

Dude, Isaac. Gimme your keys, dude. You're waaay too shonen to drive right now.

I can do it if I just believe!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

loving hell I love this comic.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Will this do? Not Anime but Isaac is obviously A Friend of Justice.

Any time someone compares a hero to a Kamen Rider a bad guy gets rider kicked in the face.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

readingatwork posted:

loving hell I love this comic.

Oh my god :syoon:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Max's expression in the last panel reminds me of Boulet's faces :v:

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

All I can hear in my head right now is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9aF9_mZDyY

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

kidcoelacanth posted:

No, you should make an avatar of Isaac with credits scrolling past.

The credits is just "ZACK" scrolling really slow for 3 minutes.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Spender is trying to muscle in on Issac's racket. You'll never be as anime as Issac, give it up! He is simply the best there is!

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-25/

We should really get into the habit of linking new comics. Would probably be helpful to people who are new to the comic and like to read these threads from the start.

Level Slide posted:

I bet Boss Leader is Max's mom.

Unless his mom was British, that seems unlikely.

Also, check out the Paranatural banner on the Hiveworks affiliate page:

PUNCH GHOSTS REAL HARD.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Nick_326 posted:

Unless his mom was British, that seems unlikely.

@gigideegee posted:

hmmm yes hmmm *hastily scribbles notes in heart-covered "ME 'N' BOSS LEADER" scrapbook* HMM

Gigi DG continues to be the Best at Twitter.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Huh. Maybe those stars do something.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like the sparkle's little anxious "schwing?" when Spender grabs it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Spender and Isaac hate each other because they're fighting over who's the most anime (It's still Issac.)

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Doesn't seem like a fair comparison. Spender's clearly 90's anime; Isaac's post-2000.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Keromaru5 posted:

Doesn't seem like a fair comparison. Spender's clearly 90's anime; Isaac's post-2000.

What? Issac is totally 90's a hell. Spendor is more of the less cool, less effective but newer version of the same anime.

Basically Issac:Spendor::Old Getter Team:New Getter team.

EDIT: This concludes my entry for Nerdiest Post In Thread, thank you.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Does Spender have to push his glasses up his nose every time he wants to be an anime?

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Meowjesty posted:

Does Spender have to push his glasses up his nose every time he wants to be an anime?
Well yes. How else is he going to get a dramatic glare from his anime sunglasses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's like pumping a shotgun, only for dramatic lighting.