Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Um. What?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Australia and DRS :negative:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It's like as if the entire team is suffering from an incurable, debilitating disease of some sort.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
So three out of three Aussie wickets have involved an incorrect decision to review or not.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I think that's pretty harsh. I will save my rant until after snicko though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Man, the Nan, the Plan (is to let Australia gently caress themselves over).

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Looks like Hughes is back to his old self. :ughh:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I thought that was in. The sideways view seemed to show the mark on the ball rather than the bat. Unless they picked up a noise during the review, I can't see that being out.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Smashed it.

I'm happy about that decision because it brings me joy to see representatives of Australia embarrassed on the national stage

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Looked like a faint mark on the side on hot spot to me

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
There was a white mark on the bat right where the ball went past. He definitely hit it.

But he was sure he didn't. I guess you musn't be able to feel nicks with modern bats.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The mark was on his pants, not the bat

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Hotspot is really pretty rubbish.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
If Watto didn't put Rogers in a hosed position this wouldn't have happened.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I don't remember HotSpot being this inconclusive in the past. Did the technology change recently or something? Whenever I've seen it used during the tests in Australia there's either a mark or there isn't.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Seams posted:

I don't remember HotSpot being this inconclusive in the past. Did the technology change recently or something? Whenever I've seen it used during the tests in Australia there's either a mark or there isn't.

Everyone's got the lube out.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

God our top order sucks sucks sucks

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Seams posted:

There are always rumours of batsmen coating the bat with magical substances that hide hotspot.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You're a loving maniac if you don't think he hit that. From now on only the neutral posters are allowed to comment on DRS decisions.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Even the dangerous running!

loving hell lads, it's only day 2.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
gently caress we're poo poo

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

You're a loving maniac if you don't think he hit that. From now on only the neutral posters are allowed to comment on DRS decisions.

He clearly hit it. No one is saying he didn't?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
They should probably communicate it better that they have made a decision based on audio so that people can spend less time being angry at DRS

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Hughes smashed that and lost in the DRS nonsense is that he was chasing a ball 2 foot outside off and gets caught behind square leg yet again

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Burn Down Canberra posted:

There are always rumours of batsmen coating the bat with magical substances that hide hotspot.

That would seem to be terribly obvious to detect as it would smear something all over the ball. And wouldn't that grossly advantage the bowling team, or is the hope that they get dinged for ball tampering?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Why are they all like "ANOTHER drs controversy!!". The only controversy there's been with regards to the DRS is the Trott one and that was because of third umpire error.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Scylo posted:

They should probably communicate it better that they have made a decision based on audio so that people can spend less time being angry at DRS

I'm not even watching the game, just following the score on Cricinfo and that's what the commentary on there said. Still, there has been a lot of weirdly inconclusive hotspots.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I think if these rumours had any credibility to them the ground umpires would be checking the bats at the start of each session.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

If this was the good ole days I'd just be bitching about what an incompetent buffoon Erasmus was for that shocker of an lbw. Now that was test cricket.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Keep in mind that the audio that the third umpire can use does not include snicko.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lionel Richie posted:

Why are they all like "ANOTHER drs controversy!!". The only controversy there's been with regards to the DRS is the Trott one and that was because of third umpire error.

The Narrative.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Seams posted:

I'm not even watching the game, just following the score on Cricinfo and that's what the commentary on there said. Still, there has been a lot of weirdly inconclusive hotspots.

I think if these rumours had any credibility to them the ground umpires would be checking the bats at the start of each session.

I thought I heard something on the broadcast, but there seem to be a lot of angry people on twitter that didn't understand why it was out. Probably didn't help that Warne was talking about judging it based on the reaction of the batsman right after they showed snicko.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Jesus loving christ

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
gently caress this team is awful, bring the entire Australia A team in

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Great batting pitch

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I guess England don't even need to bother batting well if Australia are going to be this bad

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh Usman. It would be lovely to see you succeed, but you should join Finn in the bin.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The standard of batting has been very poor this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
My strat of picking an entire team of bowlers looks better and better

• Locked thread