Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

His ODI average is 43 but you're right, what really matters is how he performs at domestic level, not international. :jerkbag:

You're right, I'm confident his mediocre first class record is an aberration, and making runs against a spread field in the middle overs of one day games has convinced me he is the man to lead the way against Anderson and Swann with the red ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What side do you think he'll be playing for exactly? Australia are loving poo poo and he is an option that should be looked at. Or maybe you're right and Australia should stick with a team of players who have been given ample opportunities and have failed to deliver.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
He averaged 18 in the Shield season just gone. He's too poo poo even for this team.

cardgame
Nov 15, 2004
hmmmm.
I reckon that for all future games, Australia should just put all the available players names (bowlers included) into a glass bowl and pick six at random. Couldn't be worse.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I think usually you need at least 8 players or it's a forfeit

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Mister Chief posted:

What side do you think he'll be playing for exactly? Australia are loving poo poo and he is an option that should be looked at. Or maybe you're right and Australia should stick with a team of players who have been given ample opportunities and have failed to deliver.

Or just accept the horrible truth that this is the best team available.

:negative:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If you don't include the players who walked because of Clarke.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

glasnost toyboy posted:

You're right, I'm confident his mediocre first class record is an aberration, and making runs against a spread field in the middle overs of one day games has convinced me he is the man to lead the way against Anderson and Swann with the red ball.
To be fair, it worked for England with the likes of Trescothick and Collingwood.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
In San Francisco. A local made the mistake of asking me to explain the Ashes.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

glasnost toyboy posted:

He seems to perform in the national team when given the chance and plays the right kind of cricket.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

boss key posted:

In San Francisco. A local made the mistake of asking me to explain the Ashes.

Excuse me how does this game work?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I think theman ripping the the heart from your chest is also apt

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think I just found cricket.png

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Interview with Daniel Vettori before his first test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2eH_VdqQts

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

He looks like an extra for American Psycho.

Still would though.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

What are we thinking here, 450 lead/declare after lunch on Sunday?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Knowing Cook it'll be nearer 550 and declare at tea on Sunday.

Mind you even at England's rate they'd have to be going particularly slowly to only get that much by tomorrow.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Declare at tea? Truly a student of Strauss

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If Finn were playing I'd say that this match is still competitive.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Only 550? When they could declare at 700?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
How can a loving 12 year old have more batting nous and patience than the entire Australian top order?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How can The Nan?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

gay picnic defence posted:

How can a loving 12 year old have more batting nous and patience than the entire Australian top order?

If you're referring to Agar, no T20.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Just found this https://twitter.com/UScricketguy

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Nam Taf posted:

If you're referring to Agar, no T20.

Nah, Root

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Proclick, this has been destroying me the whole test

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

"Cremation Series"

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

oiseaux morts 1994 posted:

"Cremation Series"

New thread title

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nowt more satisfying in cricket than a couple of gritty yorkshiremen going along at 2 an over.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

That is great.

quote:

Thermal imaging leatherskin-timber contact justification technology gets another STRIKEOUT! Kangaroos arent good with gadgets! #iKangaBoohoo

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

jazzyhattrick posted:

Nowt more satisfying in cricket than a couple of gritty yorkshiremen going along at 2 an over.

No mate that's one-day speak. What they're actually doing is slowly and deliberately grinding the entire country of Australia into tired, jelly-legged dirt, setting themselves up for a huge total here which will win them the match barring rain, send them 2-0 up, and nuke what little morale Australia have left for the rest of the series.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Lionel Richie posted:

That is great.

#KangaBoohoo is the best hash tag imo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are Australians still pleased that Bres is in the team?

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Cricinfo posted:

Imagine how demoralising it must be for Australia to know that even if they break this stand they will then have Ian Bell walking to the crease
Never thought I'd see this statement written unironically.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Shane Watson LBW compilation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdwelPDdBVo

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Oh yes, Timmy Bressers still in and making more than any top order Aussie batter. Its delicious stuff cricket fans.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
Even more impressive, he also outscored their lower order.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Gripping cricket here folks.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Pattinson is clearly the bowler they've decided to watch for nb this test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Brave Sir Timmy pulled away!

• Locked thread