Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

ineptmule posted:

ineptmule oaths one Space Marine Terminator and lots of extra arms for the month of July!
I also am going to attempt to Save the Whales! (again) on this previous oath...

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, oath one Games Workshop 'Arrer Boy for the month of July.

OneTrueBru posted:

I, OneTrueBru, oath (another *yawn*) AoBR Ork Deffkopta for the month of July

SRM posted:

I, SRM, apparently want to paint more poo poo!

Accepted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
What about poor little me, sushi? :(

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Orc Spearman for July! :siren: From the Reaper Bones Kickstarter box set, 28mm scale.

(Photo pre-conversion:)

I also intend to do this month's Detektuv's Jurnal: Cut and Swap on his weapon, because, I mean, look at that thing. Kinda dainty for an orc, innit? That's why I'll be replacing it with the spear/halberd/glaive-guisarme thingy on the right, from Reaper's Weapons Pack VII (also for 28mm).

Edit: Here's the after-conversion pic:

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 31, 2013

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Over half way through the month and I've done no painting since the first day after oathing. It's been consistently about 28-30C here over the last couple of weeks and it's just too warm to concentrate on painting. Either going to be a crazy rush or a horrible failure.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Fuegan posted:

Over half way through the month and I've done no painting since the first day after oathing. It's been consistently about 28-30C here over the last couple of weeks and it's just too warm to concentrate on painting. Either going to be a crazy rush or a horrible failure.

It's 99 here in Boston. Thank the Emperor for air conditioning.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:frogsiren: OATH COMPLETE :frogsiren:

Sparrowhawk Aerospace Fighter by Iron Wind Metals.
Painted in 1st Canopian Cuirassiers colours.

Clan Diamond Shark Adder Prime Battlemech by Iron Wind Metals
Painted in Rho Spina Galaxy colours.

As there is no official box art for IWM minis, I am going to use Camospecs, a CGL affiliate site that is dedicated to maintaining the official painting schemes for Battletech.

I claim Box Art one time bonus.

1st Canopian Cuirassiers
http://www.camospecs.com/Unit.asp?ID=596
Rho Spina Galaxy
http://www.camospecs.com/Unit.asp?ID=489

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 20, 2013

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, Oath 1 Black Reach Nob by Games Workshop in whatever the hell scale GW uses, 12 Mordred class FLAILs, 1 Morgana class FLAIL and 12 Jetbikes from the Heavy Gear Range from Dream Pod 9 in 1/144 scale.

Pre Cut and Swap Nob

Post Cut and Swap Nob, with Power Klaw from the Games Workshop Ork Boyz set.

Should have done this two weeks ago, here's hoping I can do 26 miniatures before the end of the month.

I haven't forgotten about improved pics for my post for last month, but the pics I took today were also terrible. Will try again tomorrow.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
gently caress, I need to get back on the painting horse (there's a painting horse, who knew, I should sell it to a circus or something).

:frogsiren:So, I, thespaceinvader, oath 2 Orc Archers from Wizards of the Coast's Wrath of Ashardalon set for July.:frogsiren:
AP:

No Jurnal as yet, but I might put something together later in the month.

E: Actually, I'll swing for the May journal points, so Suiting Up. I'll aim to post a WIP after priming, after base coating, and after painting before basing. Might pop for some of the one-off points as well, we'll see.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 20, 2013

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I finished up the Cut and Swap for July.

These are just the Dark Vengeance Dark Angels terminators with some bitz swapped around. The one on the left had it's helmet cut out and replaced with one of the cloaked heads from the DA sprue, as well as adding the banner and some greenstuff. The one on the right, had the power sword arm lobbed off and replaced with a power fist; the arm holding the storm bolter was originally a thunder hammer arm that I had to cannibalize, as I'd run out of proper gun arms. Whoops.

I actually got these done a while ago, but my airbrush died and so I couldn't really get any painting done. Kind of kills the drive to do anything! My new one came in today though, so it's all good :3:

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:frogsiren: Oath Complete! :frogsiren:

I'd also like to claim Fly Your Flag as well as Speed Painting!

The cross I (badly) painted on the banner seems to be a variant on the maltese cross used by the crusaders and templars, and since my space marine here has repainted Black Templar iconography I thought it fitting to give him a variant of the maltese cross to tote around

FoulWeatherFriend fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 20, 2013

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Buffalo squeeze posted:

What about poor little me, sushi? :(

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Orc Spearman for July! :siren: From the Reaper Bones Kickstarter box set, 28mm scale.

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, Oath 1 Black Reach Nob by Games Workshop in whatever the hell scale GW uses, 12 Mordred class FLAILs, 1 Morgana class FLAIL and 12 Jetbikes from the Heavy Gear Range from Dream Pod 9 in 1/144 scale.

thespaceinvader posted:

So, I, thespaceinvader, oath 2 Orc Archers from Wizards of the Coast's Wrath of Ashardalon set for July.

Accepted.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren: OATHING one irongut for july(Games workshop) :siren:

AND Cut and swap!

Black_Nexus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 21, 2013

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
:siren: OATH COMPLETE!:siren:

Jurnal
Speed Painting
Backstory

Speed Painting----->

Backstory----->

His name is Tcho'Tek, and he remembers.

As soon as he awoke he knew there was something different, something wrong. The others all moved too uniformly, they would not reply to him, or even look at him when he spoke. At first he tried to blend in, follow the others mimicing their lock-step and not let his darting eyes be seen. Eventually though he was noticed, he started to turn to run but stopped. For someone to notice he was different, they also had to be differnt, maybe he was not to spend eternity locked in a metal coffin, surrounded by manaquins that sometimes moved from room to room.

And so he met the general, who also remembered.

Now he is a leader, charged with finding others like himself. Free-thinkers who can use instinct as well as the logic forced into their minds from the ones above. His men, he still calls them men, are a forward boarding force. They go where the others might not think to go, find the hiding holes and the traps laid before the army. For if you cannot understand fear, how are you to know what one who does would do, where they would go, and how willing they might be to fight back.

Mr.Booger fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 22, 2013

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Looks like Im going to have an oath failure. IM so hosed off right now.

Project was fnished other than matt varnishing and painting the cockpits. Went to a wargames show this morning, bought a can of Army Painter Matt spray (never used it before) and this happened.

The large gate on the right and the one next to it are covered in the frosting of doom and the paint on the large gate has started to smudge in one area.
I am on holiday next week and its majorly unlikely Im now going to finish my oath becuase of this. So hosed off.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Serotonin posted:

Looks like Im going to have an oath failure. IM so hosed off right now.

Project was fnished other than matt varnishing and painting the cockpits. Went to a wargames show this morning, bought a can of Army Painter Matt spray (never used it before) and this happened.

The large gate on the right and the one next to it are covered in the frosting of doom and the paint on the large gate has started to smudge in one area.
I am on holiday next week and its majorly unlikely Im now going to finish my oath becuase of this. So hosed off.

I think the cure for frosting is brush on varnish, but the painting megathread would be the best place to ask.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Thundercloud posted:

I think the cure for frosting is brush on varnish, but the painting megathread would be the best place to ask.

Yeah it generally is- gloss varnish that is. Its dried better than that looks, so I might be able to salavge it

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

Mr.Booger posted:

Jurnal
Speed Painting
Backstory

Cool backstory and model there!

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Thundercloud posted:

Doesn't have to be brush on. Any gloss will fix the frosting and then you can re-matte after that is dry.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

JoshTheStampede posted:

Doesn't have to be brush on. Any gloss will fix the frosting and then you can re-matte after that is dry.

Yeah Ive just brushed on some Johnsons Future floor polish ont he worst effected areas and its pretty much hidden them. Still got to sort out the smudged area of paint on one of them. Oath back on track!!!

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Claiming: Themed group

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Deespite my earlier drama

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

No Cut and Swap Im afraid- these models are too nice and too pricey to hack about!

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 21, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kommando posted:

I claim Box Art one time bonus.

1st Canopian Cuirassiers
http://www.camospecs.com/Unit.asp?ID=596
Rho Spina Galaxy
http://www.camospecs.com/Unit.asp?ID=489

This is a bit questionable, maybe?. While I agree that you have captured the color scheme of the two units, neither of the links you provided have pictures of the actual miniatures you painted, so I can't compare to confirm that you painted things the "right colors".

I've included the links and assigned you the point for box art, but I'd like krushgroove to confirm that this counts.

Thundercloud posted:

Pre Cut and Swap Nob

Post Cut and Swap Nob, with Power Klaw from the Games Workshop Ork Boyz set.

1. Don't use photobucket. While I can see these photos now, eventually you are going to exceed photobucket's bandwidth cap for the month and then your photos are going to disappear. I suggest imgur or tinypix or lpix.

2. I can't tell how you've cut/swapped this mini, from your photos. It appears that it comes without a head or arm, and you've glued on a standard head & arm. Can you provide supporting photos, perhaps from a different angle, or something, or describe what you did? Also it'd help if your photos were in focus :(

Mr.Booger posted:

Just FYI, you missed a free point by not putting your name in your photos. Update your photos and let me know you've done so and you can get that precious free point!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

The camospecs guys can't paint every unit in every colour scheme, they're volunteers not heavy metal employee. So there is no such thing as box art for Battletech. You just follow an official canonised scheme from camospecs. Unlike last month where I made my own scheme.
It's the closest I've got unless you want me to copy a camospecs mini exactly.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 22, 2013

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Just FYI, you missed a free point by not putting your name in your photos. Update your photos and let me know you've done so and you can get that precious free point!

Oops, added name and Pm'ed you

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Never oathed before so not 100% clear on how it works, but just reading from OP - if I oath an Infinity miniature, does that make me eligible to get an Infinity miniature, to be put into a contest to get an Infinity miniature, or is that a time-specific contest that I need to be on the lookout for? I don't have any Infinity yet but I'm getting back into hobby stuff and thought the model aesthetic was really cool, even if I don't ahve anyone to play with I thought I'd try out putting one together.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
This month I feel like I've bit more than I can chew and I'm getting real tired of painting Imperial Guard. Also Steam Summer Sales have been detrimental to my painting time. But I wont throw the towel yet!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kommando posted:

The camospecs guys can't paint every unit in every colour scheme, they're volunteers not heavy metal employee. So there is no such thing as box art for Battletech. You just follow an official canonised scheme from camospecs. Unlike last month where I made my own scheme.
It's the closest I've got unless you want me to copy a camospecs mini exactly.

Yeah, I get it: most battletech minis seem to come in packaging lacking a painted version of it, and it's normal to paint up your guys according to some official scheme. I just want to confirm that this is within the bounds of what is imagined by this bonus (I didn't write it).

Mr.Booger posted:

Oops, added name and Pm'ed you

Got it. You're all set!

Direwolf posted:

Never oathed before so not 100% clear on how it works, but just reading from OP - if I oath an Infinity miniature, does that make me eligible to get an Infinity miniature, to be put into a contest to get an Infinity miniature, or is that a time-specific contest that I need to be on the lookout for? I don't have any Infinity yet but I'm getting back into hobby stuff and thought the model aesthetic was really cool, even if I don't ahve anyone to play with I thought I'd try out putting one together.

Every month, I will randomly pick one goon who finished an oath to paint an Infinity miniature that month, to receive a free Infinity miniature.
Every three months, I will also pick one goon who finished an oath to paint an Infinity miniature during those three months, to receive a free Infinity box of miniatures.
At the end of the yearlong contest, I will also pick one goon who finished an oath to paint an Infinity miniature any time that year, to receive a free Infinity terrain set.

All this happens automatically. All you have to do is oath an Infinity miniature and then complete your oath.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Cross-post, a quick work in progress shot. The various nooks and crannies on the bike are proving really annoying to paint. But I'm hoping to have him done soon!

Save dem whales, yo!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I should probably oath this month!

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of July this Britanan Standard Bearer from Tor Gaming and this Ogre Hero from Mantic Games!

And a closer look at the pieces - that spare axe head will soon be used to replace the one currently used by the Ogre Hero.

It was my birthday last week, so I didn't get around to planning my oath. Now I have a week to get these guys done, whilst I try to organise (potentially) moving house!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
When's the cutoff for making new oaths this month? I'd love to add but want to gauge the chances of finishing what I already have first.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Cut-off time is always 1 full week before the end of the month.

Which means I'll need to post my oath at some point!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Black_Nexus posted:

OATHING one irongut for july(Games workshop)

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of July this Britanan Standard Bearer from Tor Gaming and this Ogre Hero from Mantic Games!

Accepted.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Cut-off time is always 1 full week before the end of the month.

Which means I'll need to post my oath at some point!
In this case, I, Pierzak, add 2 more Yaogats to my oath (original oath post, oath addition post), bringing the number of space monkey SS to 5 which is a minimum themed group. Note that these may undergo some light conversion I won't claim Cut&Swap on.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, add 2 more Yaogats to my oath

Accepted.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Schmetterling posted:

I should probably oath this month!

And a closer look at the pieces - that spare axe head will soon be used to replace the one currently used by the Ogre Hero.

It was my birthday last week, so I didn't get around to planning my oath. Now I have a week to get these guys done, whilst I try to organise (potentially) moving house!

What is the scale of your Britanan dude? I'm not familiar with Tor Gaming and it looks like maybe it's a smaller scale.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

What is the scale of your Britanan dude? I'm not familiar with Tor Gaming and it looks like maybe it's a smaller scale.

It took some searching, but their website says that the game Relics is 28mm scale. The little guy is a puppet, and therefore a bit smaller than a human or spessmuhreen. They will eventually release the 'Puppetmaster' who will be full sized, towering over his army of tiny cloth musketmen.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I, Namenlos, Oath this converted Penitent Engine

For the chop and swap, I have chopped off half of the legs and used venerable dreadnought legs in place, and for the left arm I have chopped off half the arm and used this ... flail thing? From the Chaos Space Marine Defiler. Also with the flamer from the venerable dreadnought box.
I'm also submitting this to the conversion mini competition; and because it's the third month in a row, does it qualify for Good Start! as well?
Have I missed anything out for oathing all this correctly?

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Namenlos posted:

I, Namenlos, Oath this converted Penitent Engine

Accepted.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Namenlos posted:

and because it's the third month in a row, does it qualify for Good Start! as well?

The points for Good Start, You Missed A Bit, etc., will be calculated at the end of the year, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Attention Tadhg! You have not contacted me about claiming your Themed Group prize!

PM me or email n.kirkby at googlemail.com!

• Locked thread