Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

"One of a kind" indeed
thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!
"back wheel has car tire"

:lol:

goddamn

:lol:

I mean holy poo poo

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
That is a thing. Referred to as Darkside tires because they're sticking it to us uneducated plebs and the tire manufacturers that refuse to make a long lasting motorcycle tire.

Anarchist
Apr 2, 2003

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

If you look through the photobucket album the lower radiator is actually held on with a bent coat hanger. I'm honestly curious about what was the intended end result of the 'project'.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
I especially like the cam journals used as cable management for the brake lines.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006

Anarchist posted:

If you look through the photobucket album the lower radiator is actually held on with a bent coat hanger. I'm honestly curious about what was the intended end result of the 'project'.

I think that's the oil cooler isn't it?

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
How much do you want to bet this is a stolen bike:

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/3931625744.html

Butt Swartzky
May 20, 2001

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/3948129478.html

Is this rare? A good deal...? Would parts be annoying as gently caress to find?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

petercodeine posted:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/3948129478.html

Is this rare? A good deal...? Would parts be annoying as gently caress to find?

It's pretty much at the rock bottom running, working, needs no major work dirt bike price. Parts could be a problem, it won't be a matter of loading up your favorite motorcycle parts website and selecting the part. I would call up your nearest Husqvarna dealer and ask if they have/can easily get all the control levers, engine gasket kits, and pistons. I see early '90s Huskys out on the trails fairly often, so I doubt parts are that hard to get.

dogpower
Dec 28, 2008
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/mcy/3949228534.html

This is my motorcycle I bought two years ago for $2000. I also spent like more than a $1000 bucks in repairs. Found out there was rust in the gas tank and had to acid wash it. Also recently changed the rear brakes, changed the chain, changed the oil and oil filter all recently. Also battery changed two years ago. Bike also has new tires a few months old.

It was my first bike so I didn't treat it too well. I was originally going to sell it for a 1000$ but when I checked the other listings, people in Vancouver sell their motorcycles for much much higher.

I feel like I'm pricing my bike too high still though. Whats a good price that I should be expecting? Hell I mean the bike runs I've been riding it around the city.

Thanks

dogpower fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 21, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
That seems pretty reasonable to me.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
For the area, that is pretty drat cheap for a running and driving bike with decently low km. A guy I know just got $2500 for trade in on a 2006 GS500 with 88000km, yes that many, at a place in Maple Ridge. Cupped tires and all.

dogpower
Dec 28, 2008
Well a week ago the bike wouldn't start so I threw sea foam in it and drained the carbs and now it works fine. The bike was working fine beforehand.

I'm already getting a deluge of offers so Im wondering if I should have gone higher in price. But I don't know why the bike wouldn't start recently so I would have just felt bad.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This has to be from a storage unit sale judging by the pics. I bet they'd take anything for that bike.

dogpower
Dec 28, 2008
So randomly my bike decided not to start - it was the battery because it was making a click click sound.

Anyways a guy decided to buy the bike after he rolled the bike and got it working again and then drove it around.

I think its a good buy.

I could have probably gone higher in price to like $2000 but whatever I guess...He seemed like a good guy who knows how to fix motorcycles and Im not really concerned about the money and I was honest with him about the bike.

I think 95% of people in my area oversell their motorcycles in my area which I don't get - either that or I am a sucker.

I'm pretty good with saving money but I feel like maybe I should start being more aggressive? with buying and selling stuff?

I bought the bike for $2000 and then spent like in total another $2000 in repairs. Had it for 2 years. Selling it for 1500$ but I didn't think it would be fair in factoring repair price when determining price of the bike to sell.

dogpower fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 22, 2013

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Around here GS500s seem to be priced high.

dogpower
Dec 28, 2008
There is a 2005 gs suzuki selling for 3750$. I mean its been up since July 8 so it probably hasn't been sold yet but that seems stupidly high.

This is my first ever vehicle that I've sold so now I feel all funny and reflective.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

Bovril Delight posted:

This has to be from a storage unit sale judging by the pics. I bet they'd take anything for that bike.

The garages in my first apartment looked just like that.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Quad turbo: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=321165615358&cmd=VIDESC

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I might be able to be convinced to spend a grand on that. maybe

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
A co worker on the elevator this morning mentioned he had 1982 Yamaha Vision that he is giving away. He said it's nearly impossible to find parts for so he's getting rid of it.

Probably non running. Should I snatch this at the low price of free?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Those are pretty cool bikes but they made them for like 1 year, 30 years ago. I'd probably pass because yeah you'll be hunting for parts more than it'll be on the road, but what kind of parts does it need?

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
Edit: double post

XYLOPAGUS fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 23, 2013

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Those are pretty cool bikes but they made them for like 1 year, 30 years ago. I'd probably pass because yeah you'll be hunting for parts more than it'll be on the road, but what kind of parts does it need?

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-cAJRZrlA

That said... I would pass on it.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
He didn't mention the condition. I have absolutely no need for it and no space right now. Maybe when I move in about two months I'll see if it's still available and check it out. I'll have a garage then.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Uhhh... Seems legit. :catdrugs:
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-dirt-bikes-motocross-Ducati-Dirt-Bike-W0QQAdIdZ508896204

This, on the other hand, looks like it'd be good as my next project, providing I sell off the two that I've finished. Ha. :smith:
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-Gs-550-Suzuki-1985-W0QQAdIdZ508802906

Simkin
May 18, 2007

drat, anyone in Calgary want a spotless, low mileage XJ 900 for $1200? If only it were in Edmonton...
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-1983-yamaha-XJ-900-seca-Price-dropped-by-1000-W0QQAdIdZ509752992

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Simkin posted:

drat, anyone in Calgary want a spotless, low mileage XJ 900 for $1200? If only it were in Edmonton...
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-1983-yamaha-XJ-900-seca-Price-dropped-by-1000-W0QQAdIdZ509752992

poo poo I would buy the hell out of that if it were anywhere nearby.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Yeah, it's only a 6 hour round trip for me, and I don't own a truck so I'd have to ride it back on the plates of my insured bike, but even so it's drat tempting. I did just manage to sell off one of the stable today, so there's a space (albeit a small one). Hey Slidebite, that's a little more in your neck of the woods, no?

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Simkin posted:

Yeah, it's only a 6 hour round trip for me, and I don't own a truck so I'd have to ride it back on the plates of my insured bike, but even so it's drat tempting. I did just manage to sell off one of the stable today, so there's a space (albeit a small one). Hey Slidebite, that's a little more in your neck of the woods, no?

You wouldn't be riding it back. :)

The Ad posted:

has not been ridden since 1990, all 4 carbs thoroughly cleaned and in a case under the bike,

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Yeah, I guess there's that. Ha. I'm trying to make space in my garage, damnit, why do deals like this come up when I'm trying to sell off bikes? :smith:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Simkin posted:

I'm further south then that, but actually in Edmonton right now riding home tomorrow through Calgary.

Jose Pointero
Feb 16, 2004

We're not just doing this for money. We're doing it for a SHITLOAD of money!

Jose Pointero fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 28, 2019

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Jose Pointero posted:

This guy has been listing this bike on our local CL for about 2 weeks now. Oh, if I only had the money to burn on something so impractically awesome...

Stupid lowball? If he needs to sell...

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Obligatory post...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8tkVSKb77Y

Jose Pointero
Feb 16, 2004

We're not just doing this for money. We're doing it for a SHITLOAD of money!

Jose Pointero fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 28, 2019

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Anyone in alberta feel like a cut price DR 650?

2010 for $3600 with 1700km. That's what the dealership offered for a trade in, so he's selling it privately instead for that. Ha.
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-other-2010-dr-650-Reduced-to-3600-W0QQAdIdZ512302676

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If I lived closer I would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Yeah, I am seriously considering checking all the cushions in my couch to buy it, if only to flip it and make a grand. Plus, I could braaap-braaaaaaaap back home the 40 or so km.