Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
So if there isn't a clear deflection or noise but a small mark on hotspot its out, but if there is nothing on hotspot but a deflection and noise its also out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel Richie posted:

Are they just disregarding hotspot now? Not that I'm against it, just seems strange. There's no consistency.

I guess maybe they really do think Batsmen are using ways to get around hotspot.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
There was no deflection.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
There is a mark on hotspot it's just incredibly faint and I'm surprised they've overturned it. He's definitely hit it though.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

You can see the deflection on the ultra-slow mo replay. Really tough call to make though.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If the evidence is weird it probably should be umpire's call.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Lionel Richie posted:

Are they just disregarding hotspot now? Not that I'm against it, just seems strange. There's no consistency.

Seems fairly consistent to me.
England always right, Australia always wrong.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
Jesus Christ is Michael Holding mentally disabled? Of course the sound doesn't perfectly sync up, the ball hits the bat inbetween frames.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

''I never retired from international cricket,'' Katich said. ''I was told by [former chief selector, Andrew] Hilditch I was never going to be picked again for Australia in 2010 - although he did say the same thing to me in April 2007.''

Hilditch is where the rot started, especially the selection of teams on criteria other than form.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Ouroboros posted:

Jesus Christ is Michael Holding mentally disabled? Of course the sound doesn't perfectly sync up, the ball hits the bat inbetween frames.

He does come out with the most stupid poo poo sometimes

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007
I thought the company behind hot spot said the vaseline would have to be 1cm thick for it to affect it showing up on the bat?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
If there is some stuff they are using to fool hotspot it would be some sort of non-reactive solid coating similar to that extra-tec poo poo they used to put on bats.

pogo
Nov 14, 2003

England's finest <3
Get rid of DRS for edges until the technology is more reliable

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Maybe they use WD40

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
As someone said the other day, you would be screwing yourself over for bat&pad lbw's. Maybe if you just put it on the outside edge and hoped for the best.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Could the heat of the day be an effect? I don't think batmans are doing anything dodgy with their bats (and the makes said that vaseline wouldn't make a difference) but if the bat and ball are warmer there might be less contact heat\friction\science stuff I don't fully understand that means there is no\less of a hotspot.

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007

pogo posted:

Get rid of DRS for edges until the technology is more reliable
Or start including snicko. I know it takes a minute or two for a guy to line up the audio and video, but surely that's time well spent?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Jawidar posted:

Or start including snicko. I know it takes a minute or two for a guy to line up the audio and video, but surely that's time well spent?

I think the technology behind snicko is now realtime.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Warner posted:

"Earlier this week, my brother Steven Warner published a tweet about Shane Watson. Like everyone, he is entitled to his opinions but I want to state categorically that I do not endorse his comments and fully support Shane and all my team mates."

We've not seen the Tweet but, rest assured, we are trying to find it. Are the Aussies deliberately looking for trouble?

What's this?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

MrL_JaKiri posted:

What's this?

Lets see if this works:

Lol, no. Try this https://twitter.com/RichieBenaud_/status/358921197397897216/photo/1

notaspy fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 21, 2013

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

What's this?

Escape Goat

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Are the Warner family what Australians would describe as "bogans"?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lol another one gone not playing a shot.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
Hahaha nice shot haddin

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lol, that was missing the stumps. Shame you had no reviews left Australia.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Doesn't matter if that was missing, if you misjudge something by that much then you deserve to be out

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
If they can get these last 2 wickets before Australia get 12 runs, it'll be the biggest ever test win (by runs, excluding innings victories) at Lords. And the 7th biggest test win of all time.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Boof is doing his homework.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What's maximum overtime if they're near a finish? 30 min?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Lionel Richie posted:

Are the Warner family what Australians would describe as "bogans"?
The textbook example

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

So if they get all out on like, the third ball of the day tomorrow do people get ticket refunds? Seems a bit harsh if they didn't.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

oiseaux morts 1994 posted:

So if they get all out on like, the third ball of the day tomorrow do people get ticket refunds? Seems a bit harsh if they didn't.

yep, 24 over or less full refund, over 25 half refund and over 50 no refund.

Kinda loada poo poo but hay-ho, that's money grabbing capitalists for you

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Sounds reasonable, actually. Especially from the red-trousered Etonian illuminati MCC lizard-race that runs Lord's

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'll be annoyed if my prediction that Australia will be all out before the 5th day isnt true.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

notaspy posted:

yep, 24 over or less full refund, over 25 half refund and over 50 no refund.

Kinda loada poo poo but hay-ho, that's money grabbing capitalists for you

Better than it used to be then - last time I went to a Test a few years back, it was 10 overs or less for a full refund and 25 or less for a half refund.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Usually in tests they do stuff like £10 for adults, concessions free on the 5th day, but it's a bit different for the Ashes I suppose.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Second largest partnership in the innings.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Cook really needs to stop smiling. This would be a massive problem against better opposition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So poo poo at cleaning up the tail.

• Locked thread