Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Umberger posted:

This was with a 3* katana with no element, Br/Hu 33/47. I hope they don't nerf Katana Combat/Finish because it's crazy good when the stars align and I like the idea of having something like Chain Trigger/Finish that isn't complete rear end 90% of the time.

Yeah I've had up to 235k hit with Combat Finish on Falz Hands, a pain to pull off because sometimes they wont sit still but when you do, super satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
So apparently Zanverse adds a chance to deal 30% wind damage to every attack in its area of effect. A Wind/Light techer build is sounding really tasty right now.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
My going theoey on why there are so few katana and bows is that the ones alreday in are stupid powerful. Saying that I wound up grinding one to +10 and 50% elemental just because I could find nothing better.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Has anyone posted the answers to the Ark quiz thing yet? Haven't done that because it's all still in Japanese.

Also, is it weird that I can't equip any 6*+ rifles yet? I'm level 33 and I can already equip a few 7* gunslashes.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Do you even have the r-atk reqs to even equip said rifles?

Also, yes. To the rifle thing.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'm about 40 R-Atk short on one of them, I think.

That seems like a fairly large gap, though? At least it would have been in PSO.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Eh, it's not that much of a gap as you just have to continue leveling both you and your mag.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

What does this mean? I get this error everytime I try to log into from my vita. Never had any problems before I installed episode 2.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

Gearhead posted:

My going theoey on why there are so few katana and bows is that the ones alreday in are stupid powerful. Saying that I wound up grinding one to +10 and 50% elemental just because I could find nothing better.

My theory is that they weren't expecting people to level up so fast, so they held off on putting in higher tier weapons, since they figured no one would notice. I've already got Br up to 47, and that's just by dumping COs into it and using up my 100% Triboosts on DF runs. I've probably spent 3-4 hours max actually grinding XP aside from DF runs. It's ridiculously easy to level up a class when you already have 60/60 in something else.

On the topic of ridiculously easy leveling, here are some tips for leveling up support partners.
• XP gained is based on the XP reward for all COs assigned to your partner.
• Chance of success is highly dependent on level.
• You can assign your partner a CO even if you have already collected the necessary quantity of items (this is the big one).
• Cressida's CO to collect crystals from Floating Continent gives 37K XP.

So the gist of it is that you can send your partner on the Floating Continent collection CO as many times as you want and net a ton of XP, with the only bottleneck being the need to go to your room to reassign your partner once they finish it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
"We didn't expect players to grind so hard" seems to be one of the running themes with PSO2.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

waah posted:

What does this mean? I get this error everytime I try to log into from my vita. Never had any problems before I installed episode 2.

Just says you weren't able to connect to PSN.

floatman
Mar 17, 2009

Sonata Mused posted:

Has anyone posted the answers to the Ark quiz thing yet? Haven't done that because it's all still in Japanese.

There are three quizes and I will attempt to wing it. The questions never changes, neither do the answers anyway

Quiz 1 (3 questions)

Question 1: The 1st choice (Oracle)
Question 2: The 2nd choice (Arks)
Question 3: The 1st choice (Darker)

Quiz 2 (3 questions)

Question 1: The 3rd choice
Question 2: The 1st choice
Question 3: The 2nd choice

Quiz 3 (4 questions)

Question 1: The 2nd choice
Question 2: The 3rd choice
Question 3: The 1st choice
Question 4: The 3rd choice

Doing the first quiz gets you green wings

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Thanks! I just logged off, but I'll do it when I next log on.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

floatman posted:

You actually get those from one of the ARKS Road card, not the quizzes.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
So I made a second character, and shes a Cast Ranger. Now I gave her absolutely no bust, none. Completely and utterly flat. Unfortunetly (or fortunetly, take your pick) this causes some of the bikini costume pieces to looks, well, odd.

Also my human form gets massive thunder thighs, so there's that.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

animaCartographer posted:

So I made a second character, and shes a Cast Ranger. Now I gave her absolutely no bust, none. Completely and utterly flat. Unfortunetly (or fortunetly, take your pick) this causes some of the bikini costume pieces to looks, well, odd.

The downside of making a Cast, no way to see your human form during character creation.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, another wave of culling from the team has happened, the following account names have been affected:

rustyshakleford
Varrack
ScatmanJ0hn
Pointsman
Cerulark
Chilled Glass
pancakemonster
Tegiminis
Visceras
Hivac
MusicIsMath
gageblan
BlazinZero
FunnyFatGuy

As before, you can contact someone and get back in anytime if you were removed by mistake.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Discovered a neat trick with Braver PAs last night where you float up into the air until you sheathe if you jump right before using Sakura-endo (or Kanran-kikyou but that doesn't work as well since you sheathe so fast).

This guy found a far more amusing variation of the glitch, though:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21402905

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Katana Combat makes you do really funny stuff on bosses that jump or fly. Vol and Quartz Dragon can be chased up into the air as long as they don't actually leave the map boundary and you keep hammering attack fast enough that you can keep them in range.

Fluked into Na Grants off a Noir Dorahl in CBB, and it's pretty interesting. It generates a sphere that will increase in size with T Burst and does fairly decent damage over time, but the real attraction is the total lack of dead angles. Using a Talisman lets you maximize the coverage with pinpoint location. Nothing fantastic, but the rock solid reliability is unparalleled.

Interesting note about Na Foie: casting it from a Talisman makes the orb drop straight down, so it's very good at hitting untargetable weak points up high directly, like Rock Bear heads or De Marmos humps. The target indicator makes it easier to put it where you want it just lobbing it, though you do have to worry about something blocking your shot.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
It's the little things:

I've been leveling my force dewman, and using the third person mode to aim Foie at rockbear's head makes that so much more interesting.

I know ideally you're supposed to switch weapons, and I've been starting to switch to DS to DA spam on bosses that require more mobility to do optimal damage (banther/banshee, wolganda, few others), and its working well. I'm still considering subclassing Br to go Br/Hu eventually, though.

Also, is it me, or is the nab EQ (as bad as it is) great for getting PSE bursts? I had a 6 minute cross burst last night, and every run had at least one PSE burst.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

ttocs7 posted:

Also, is it me, or is the nab EQ (as bad as it is) great for getting PSE bursts? I had a 6 minute cross burst last night, and every run had at least one PSE burst.

Fang Banther EQ is one of the better ones simply because of how easy it is to get bursts and because it's really hard for the MPA to split up too much (which is a big problem in Volcanic Guerillas, the lovely Lillipa EQ and the Urban Mop-Up one). If you get the "protect the crystals" emergency trial you can really easily get a 4x Cross Burst. With a +75% XP ticket you can go through entire levels in the course of one burst (pre-45, at least).

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

animaCartographer posted:

Son, you have not seen thunder thighs, yet.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Schubalts posted:

I've seen her a few times on block 13 and before falz. :v:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Schubalts posted:

The tiara really caps it off.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Tengames posted:

I've seen her a few times on block 13 and before falz. :v:

Think I saw her while doing the Big V EQ a few times.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

So it turns out a special Olg (that is, the type with a special name) can drop items with Vinculum and Olg Soul. That's +40 S-ATK/R-ATK, so perfect for Braver. The best combo would be the Big V set, since the EQ version will often spawn with a special name and drop units with Vinculum as well, increasing combine chance, and it has high S-DEF and the +45 ATK set bonus. If you're nuts you could always try to get Ability as well, but your combine chance would be awful unless you were starting with triple affix units with the appropriate ATK affixes.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Braver compliments every class pretty well. I finally have all classes unlocked, and it sure makes levelling up to about 10-12 go by much faster. The mag probably helps too, though.

Now to mess around with Fighter, Gunner, and Techter and find out which one is right for me.!

Laksa
Sep 25, 2012
So this guy joined my party, set himself on follow and promptly afked. Kicked him, he joined another party in the same mpa and started swearing at me. He was kicked from that party soon after.

He went on and on and on, whats in the pic are the nicer bits.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
If you're playing on Ship 2, just never go to Block 20.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I made a video of a Normal run of Subdue Caterdra'n. Just an example of how a typical quest goes for people who have never seen PSO2 in action.

Don't use me as an example of good play, I've probably made a ton of mistakes in my bullet bow action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4V7_AlwnNA

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Umberger posted:

If you're playing on Ship 2, just never go to Block 20.

I don't have a lot of problems with B20, but mostly because I keep my head down say little and try not to look anyone in the eye.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Laksa posted:

So this guy joined my party, set himself on follow and promptly afked.
When that poo poo happens, I go out of my way to get the moron killed and leave his corpse behind.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Just never go on Ship 2 to begin with :smugwizard:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I just play with teammates and friends only, solves that problem. I think yo ucan also set it so only friends can autofollow too.

And if we're posting videos, a friend of mine actually did a recording of the new coastal boss fight to show it off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U72OkVHx1DM

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Handgun Harlot posted:

Just never go on Ship 2 to begin with :smugwizard:

Keep that crap out of here, even the /vg/ thread barely has ship wars anymore. :cmon:

fuxxo posted:

Think I saw her while doing the Big V EQ a few times.

That'd be my team's leader. :v:

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The pricing on Braver weapons is totally retarded at the moment. The 9 star Lambda series katana goes for over a cool 1.4 million on Ship 1 (a Krabata obligingly dropped one for me on Friday), and the 10 star bows Konupadari and Ricalvary are 1.6 and 5.5 million for the cheapest. The ridiculous part of it is that they're actually surprisingly common drops, and there are a full page of unsold ones listed at extremely optimistic prices. You'd figure people would realize that the big rush of impulse buying is over and adjust, but I guess not.

Also, info on the Katana Finish damage formula: [1000+(Hits*100)]% with a maximum of 30 hits for 4000% damage. This is doubled with Combat Finish 1, and tripled for combat finish 5. Yep, 12,000%. The upshot of this is that you can max out hits and trigger the finisher faster using the multi-hit PAs Asagiri Rendan and Hien Tsubaki.

EDIT: My own experience seems to bear this out, as I have hit for 37K with the finisher with 3 points in the skill and 500ish damage regular hits against non-WP non-WB arts of the same enemy (Fang Banther is this case) after doing at least 30 hits during the Katana Combat duration.

Protocol 5 fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 22, 2013

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
For those interested in the super technical aspect of the game, someone on PSOW datamined the enemy weak point multipliers. Kinda neat.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!

floatman posted:

There are three quizes and I will attempt to wing it. The questions never changes, neither do the answers anyway

Quiz 1 (3 questions)

Question 1: The 1st choice (Oracle)
Question 2: The 2nd choice (Arks)
Question 3: The 1st choice (Darker)

Quiz 2 (3 questions)

Question 1: The 3rd choice
Question 2: The 1st choice
Question 3: The 2nd choice

Quiz 3 (4 questions)

Question 1: The 2nd choice
Question 2: The 3rd choice
Question 3: The 1st choice
Question 4: The 3rd choice

...I answered the first quiz on luck alone?

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Found a Wild Round level 15 disk today, and holy poo poo, this thing is terrifying. Basically, what it does is create a spherical hit zone with 6 very fast hits for good damage. It will hit in front, to the sides, above, and behind. It gives super armor, can be guard canceled instantly, and will ignore shields if the body is in range. The damage modifier is 674 at level 15, and it only costs 28PP. The only real drawbacks are that the range is slightly shorter than the regular attack, and since the hit zone is so large, you have to be careful about positioning to hit weakpoints on certain enemies. This will totally suck to run into against clones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Protocol 5 posted:

Found a Wild Round level 15 disk today, and holy poo poo, this thing is terrifying. Basically, what it does is create a spherical hit zone with 6 very fast hits for good damage. It will hit in front, to the sides, above, and behind. It gives super armor, can be guard canceled instantly, and will ignore shields if the body is in range. The damage modifier is 674 at level 15, and it only costs 28PP. The only real drawbacks are that the range is slightly shorter than the regular attack, and since the hit zone is so large, you have to be careful about positioning to hit weakpoints on certain enemies. This will totally suck to run into against clones.

I was fortunate enough to stumble upon one of those the first day and honestly the only downside I think it has it that it builds the gear gauge instead of spending it. It builds the gear gauge fast don't get me wrong, but if it was able to be boosted it'd be an absolute monster. I've been using it for single target damage/bosses when doing Br/Hu and it just wrecks with Fury Stance+Weak Stance.

• Locked thread