Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Well, managed to get 69 seconds. Didn't even get the message that there weren't any prizes left. :saddowns:
The controls are rather a pain, but once you learn when to jump and when to sprint, it's not too bad.
The thing to keep in mind is that to jump the character has to play a small running jump animation that overrides everything else, that there seems to be a bit of transitional delay between sprinting and running, that there are areas where you are lead to believe that you should jump but can just sprint through maintaining momentum (like the tower after what looks like the arena), and a couple of areas to avoid.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Pyradox posted:

Yeah, Katia's movement physics are sluggish as hell and it's nigh impossible to get her to jump when you want her to because of it. It's an awesome update, but Super Meat Boy it ain't.

I think it'd be way too easy if the controls responded like SMB, to be honest.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I made it to 83, but that's as good as it got. Was anyone able to catch him before he got to the bridge?

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

jng2058 posted:

I made it to 83, but that's as good as it got. Was anyone able to catch him before he got to the bridge?

His speed is set to increase the closer you get to him, such that if you're running full-out he'll be running the same speed as you at a distance of a couple of pixels on-screen.

This is as close as you can get to him ever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just started reading this and am loving it so far. Pyrokentic running jokes, the 2nd drunk black out scene, morse-code tails and the Imperial Legion Solider interuppting dinner have all illicited genuine laughs.

Can't wait to keep going through until I'm up to date!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Infinitum posted:

the Imperial Legion Solider interupting dinner

The high point of the comic.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Nice touches with the different eyes depending on the direction facing, and with Katia setting the torches ablaze whilst she is in range of them. Mega Man teaches sliding lessons in Kavatch too I assume.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Paused posted:

Nice touches with the different eyes depending on the direction facing, and with Katia setting the torches ablaze whilst she is in range of them. Mega Man teaches sliding lessons in Kavatch too I assume.

I caught the eyes and the megaman sliding, but didn't notice the torches before now. :stare:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I absolutely love his freaked out running animation.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I caught him casting spells on himself to stay ahead, too. Correct me if I'm wrong.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah, he raises a hand and glows before a speed boost. He can't get away though, Katia is just too fast.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I guess she has a talent after all.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
How can you hope to escape Katia Managan when she is already here

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

She spent so long running away from her problems that she leveled up several in athletics.

The only problem is, the enemy scales with you, and now everyone is tougher without Katia actually getting any better in combat.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

At least it's a useful evasion tactic, instead of what happens when you go into your basement to level Alchemy and when you come back out everything's suddenly 3 levels harder :v:

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

When I played Oblivion I jumped literally all the time and ended up with a maxed Athletics score. It was great because I could bunny hop my way over/past 80% of the enemies in the Oblivion portals and finish them in like a minute. It was completely ridiculous, but hey

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Haledjian posted:

When I played Oblivion I jumped literally all the time and ended up with a maxed Athletics score. It was great because I could bunny hop my way over/past 80% of the enemies in the Oblivion portals and finish them in like a minute. It was completely ridiculous, but hey

Oblivion-style games are always fantastic for late-game cheese if you really want to. I had a lot of from-the-shadows crit arrows going on myself.

Although god help you when it came to scripted events where your opponent decides they need to path directly to you to talk to you before battle. :T

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Haledjian posted:

I think you're referring to Acrobatics; Athletics goes up very slowly as you run or swim (making it the only skill you can't really grind). But, with Acrobatics, you can jump on certain stairways in buildings with low ceilings and immediately hit your head on the ceiling. Fire up AutoHotKey, go make a sandwich, and come back to your new 99 Acrobatics hero.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Oh yeah, I meant Acrobatics. It's been a while.

I can still picture the sight of my purple argonian bounding gracefully across the landscape like a moonstronaut

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

dpbjinc posted:

I think you're referring to Acrobatics; Athletics goes up very slowly as you run or swim (making it the only skill you can't really grind)

What about rolling an argonian and autorunningswimming against a wall for 45 minutes?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What would level 100 athletics even do? Make you the Flash?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Who What Now posted:

What would level 100 athletics even do? Make you the Flash?
  1. It does increase your Speed. Having never achieved 100 athletics I can't speak for how much of an effect it has. However, when taken in part with the Steed birth sign (+20 speed), a class that gives a bonus to speed (+5), and plenty of points in athletics, acrobatics, and light armor, you can be one speedy little bastard. Theoretically.

2. When you're under level 20, you don't regenerate stamina while running. Every 20 levels nets you 2 more stamina regenerated per second while running. At level 100, you regenerate stamina at the same speed (10 points per second), running or not. This means that you can attack with all your might while still running as fast as human/elven/argonian/khajiitly possible.

Man I want to play some Oblivion now.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
C'mon Katia, can a guy with hair that beautiful really be evil?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So, uh, does anyone want to discuss the most recent update? Looks like Katia's finally going to get justice, or at least insight into what the gently caress is up with the Kvatch Mages Guild.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
It's an amusing update, and I'm interested to hear that throwing rocks at people it's TECHNICALLY legal, but there's not a lot to discuss.

We can discuss Stephan's hair :swoon:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I fully support discussing Stephan's hair.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

It must be a pain in the dick to maintain hair like that in cyrodil, Though I imagine that kinda stuff can be hand-waved with "he's a mage".

Fakebacon
Nov 7, 2009

Renzuko posted:

It must be a pain in the dick to maintain hair like that in cyrodil, Though I imagine that kinda stuff can be hand-waved with "he's a mage".

He's actually a bald illusionist.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So I got my pin.

I don't know if it's on every one, but there's a drawing of Katia looking at it.

"Wow.

You must have played that mini-game like a hundred times."

And then on the other side of the pin:

"But hey!

You won a prize!!!"

And I only think it was fifty times, tops. :colbert:

... :negative:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Lizard Wizard posted:

So, uh, does anyone want to discuss the most recent update? Looks like Katia's finally going to get justice, or at least insight into what the gently caress is up with the Kvatch Mages Guild.

Yeah, I'm sure things are juuuust about to turn around for Katia. Surely this time will be different. Surely.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Zenzirouj posted:

Yeah, I'm sure things are juuuust about to turn around for Katia. Surely this time will be different. Surely.

Things have to get better eventually. This is just not sustainable.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Zenzirouj posted:

If I were to make a guess from the cryptic and non-combative things Stephane said, its likely that he's the only other person in town who hasn't fallen for Sigrids charms and has been playing along all this time.

Stephane posted:

If you were able to throw off Sigrid’s charms, then he supposes there’s no sense trying to hide anything from you.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to call Stephen's sudden, unexpected death just to be contrary.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

RandomPauI posted:

I'm going to call Stephen's sudden, unexpected death just to be contrary.

We should be fine so long as nobody mentions... oh. Whoops.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 26, 2013

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ariong posted:

Only in the sense that stories end.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Ariong posted:

I would have no trouble believing that Kaz's master plan is to continue this pattern forever. Just to see how long people will keep coming back to see Katia's efforts fall flat over and over for all eternity. It seems like the sort of thing he would do.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

She has been getting marginally better, though. At the beginning she never would have chased down a wizard and threatened to bludgeon him with a rock. Maybe in a few years she will be closing an Obsidian portal but accidentally losing all her rare items and having a meltdown about how she'll never amount to anything.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Haledjian posted:

Obsidian portal

Oblivion gate. The adventures of Katia in Minecraft would be very different. :v:

Though I guess the end game text about how the universe loves her would be met with skepticism, if she were to reach it. (More probably, there would be a "joke" about waking up in bed with a creeper, and then it would be the end of the story.)

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Hahaha I really wrote that didn't I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Cat Mattress posted:

Oblivion gate. The adventures of Katia in Minecraft would be very different. :v:

Clearly she was taking a detour into the long-awaited Elder Scrolls: New Vegas.

• Locked thread