Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Soylentbits posted:

Nah. He's slower than Speed of Sound Sonic, remember?
Yeah, it's easy to forget that everything about Saitama is broken when it focuses so much on just punching.
He could just as easily be Onebodycheck-Man or Oneheadbutt-Man. Hell, he could defeat everything by jumping really high and landing on heads, Mario-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
How many have you guys have begun doing 100 pushups, 100 squats, and 100 sit ups every day?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Thoren posted:

How many have you guys have begun doing 100 pushups, 100 squats, and 100 sit ups every day?

You forgot the 10k running.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Thoren posted:

That's silly who'd do something like that.

Me.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Thoren posted:

I've been trying, but my hobby is watching anime, not being a hero, so it's not going well.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Thoren posted:

Well my hair is falling out...

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Since I saw this manga start to get noticed here, I've been waiting for some goon to start a TFLC log with this in it (and probably get banned when they try to say it was a "joke") :allears:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Has anyone tried running the relevant page through Shine?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Shine would probably be fine because someone would be working out.

Until they abandoned the log and he had to probate them.

e: tbh he'd probably just see the probating part coming and say no to begin with

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 21, 2013

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

cooldude2.0 posted:

I've been trying, but my hobby is watching anime, not being a hero, so it's not going well.

Just strive to become the best anime watcher ever.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gyges posted:

He apologized and seemed pretty disappointed that he only got 57 pages for that issue. Bringing it up is just being a jerk, man.

He even gave us this around the same time:

Being serious though, what is the average page count for an issue of One Punch Man? It's got to be in like the low 30s I'd think.

I asked for a manga chapter not an animated gif!

Anyway, I was re-reading from the start, and it struck me. Did genos save saitama's life when they fought the mosquito girl? Saitama didn't seem to be immune to mosquito bites, and he couldn't crush one mosquito, so perhaps mosquito girl was saitama's kryptonite.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He could have leveled the city with a backhand if it got too annoying, so no.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

Boogaleeboo posted:

He could have leveled the city with a backhand if it got too annoying, so no.

That mosquito was probably still Saitama's toughest opponent so far.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Bisse posted:

I think with all this build-up, Sea King has to be the first guy to be able to dodge one of Saitama's punches. I dont think there's a single entity on earth who can block or survive one of those, so the only option left is dodging them.

Do you not know how a Shaggy Dog story works?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mystic Mongol posted:

Do you not know how a Shaggy Dog story works?

Sure I do. After years of grueling training, the shaggy dog goes bald :v:

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Bybus Slago posted:

That mosquito was probably still Saitama's toughest opponent so far.

Holy gently caress you're right. It is literally the only thing to survive his wrath to this point, even showing the speed to avoid him.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Wait, do we know she survived? I could have sworn we've not seen her since she got smashed into a building which, I had assumed, killed her.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
No not the mosquito girl.

Like literally a small mosquito.

Saitama could not kill it at all. :v: Hell he went down chasing the little bastard.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
I love Murata's art (probably?) as much as everyone else here, but is there anything else out there that's comparable? Murata has a lot of freedom because he's not chained down by page limits here, but there's stuff out there that's just as dynamic and insane in detail, right?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd say Kentaro Miura is up there.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Inoue Takehiko (Slam Dunk, Vagabond) is also an astounding artist, as are Samura Hiroaki (Blade of the Immortal) and Mori Kaoru (Emma, A Bride's Story). Though it's not technically a manga, the guy who does The Ravages of Time is also pretty amazing. I also have a soft spot for Nogizaka Tarou (Team Medical Dragon, The Ghost Tower). Nihei Tsutomu (Biomega, Blame!) is also brought up reguarly when discussing talented artists, though personally his art isn't my thing. My guilty pleasures are Itagaki Keisuke (Garouden, Grappler Baki) and Yamaguchi Takayuki (Shigurui), and if you're looking for great depictions of action you could do worse than look them up.

I have to admit, though, I think Murata is the best at the "holy poo poo I swear it's moving" kind of art when it comes to manga.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 22, 2013

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Condiv posted:

Anyway, I was re-reading from the start, and it struck me. Did genos save saitama's life when they fought the mosquito girl? Saitama didn't seem to be immune to mosquito bites, and he couldn't crush one mosquito, so perhaps mosquito girl was saitama's kryptonite.
Well, if you think about it, mosquitos and swarm/area-based attacks are the only way to fight Saitama from what we know so far. He doesn't seem to have any superpowers he's just ridiculously fast and strong, so trying with any level of martial-arts/defense/strength will just get you killed the moment Saitama remembers which day was sale day. (Today) But what's he going to do against a swarm of mosquitos? Punch it? He's going to punch it, then get swarmed drained and die.

You could also fight him with toxic gas, electric shocks, acids (acid spit is just going to get dodged though, sorry Sea King)... anything else?

Basically Mosquito woman was Saitama's hard-counter.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

He was just annoyed by a mosquito, its not like he went all out on it.

Lets say you are some Idaho militia man with a gigantic stockpile of weapons to fight the government when they try to repeal the second amendment. Would that insane redneck use the power of his full arsenal to kill a single mosquito? Same deal with Saitama.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bisse posted:

Well, if you think about it, mosquitos and swarm/area-based attacks are the only way to fight Saitama from what we know so far. He doesn't seem to have any superpowers he's just ridiculously fast and strong, so trying with any level of martial-arts/defense/strength will just get you killed the moment Saitama remembers which day was sale day. (Today) But what's he going to do against a swarm of mosquitos? Punch it? He's going to punch it, then get swarmed drained and die.

You could also fight him with toxic gas, electric shocks, acids (acid spit is just going to get dodged though, sorry Sea King)... anything else?

Basically Mosquito woman was Saitama's hard-counter.

I think if he can punch through a meteor, he can probably kill a mosquito lady, no matter what she sends at him. The only enemy that has actually ever put up a fight was in Saitama's dream.

For real though, it was just meant to be humorous. And it was. very.

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 22, 2013

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

international owl day posted:

I think if he can punch through a meteor, he can probably kill a mosquito lady, no matter what she sends at him. The only enemy that has actually ever put up a fight was in Saitama's dream.
Of course, but the thing is she actually has an attack that can kill Saitama. If he can get to mosquito girl without getting hit by the swarm, then yes the round is over, but if mosquito lady (who is fast and can fly) can manage to stay away, until Saitama is hit by the swarm, then the round is also over.

What you're saying is the same thing as saying Batman can beat Superman because has all the informationz and planz. Yes, but if Superman throws the moon at the earth, and then the moon/earth pancake into the sun, then Batman will lose. Man I wish I remember where I saw that pic.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Could've, would've, should've. Point is Mosquito woman is dead.

:colbert:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bisse posted:

Of course, but the thing is she actually has an attack that can kill Saitama. If he can get to mosquito girl without getting hit by the swarm, then yes the round is over, but if mosquito lady (who is fast and can fly) can manage to stay away, until Saitama is hit by the swarm, then the round is also over.

What you're saying is the same thing as saying Batman can beat Superman because has all the informationz and planz. Yes, but if Superman throws the moon at the earth, and then the moon/earth pancake into the sun, then Batman will lose. Man I wish I remember where I saw that pic.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bisse posted:

If some hundred-ton sea monster can't hurt Saitama with his punches, I don't think that the humble mosquito's sting can pierce his skin either.

So no, Mosquitoes can't beat Saitama. On the other hand, it might be that Saitama can't beat the mosquitoes either.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

If some hundred-ton sea monster can't hurt Saitama with his punches, I don't think that the humble mosquito's sting can pierce his skin either.

So no, Mosquitoes can't beat Saitama. On the other hand, it might be that Saitama can't beat the mosquitoes either.
But what if their stingers were made of unobtanium?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bisse posted:

But what if their stingers were made of unobtanium?

I don't know what is up with you and this mosquito thing, but it is making me laugh. :D

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 22, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Bisse posted:

According to the laws of anime, beings of Saitama's power can punch the air hard enough to create deadly shockwaves that would probably kill mosquitoes right then and there.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Cerebral Bore posted:

I swear to god I saw that mosquito bite him.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

I went back and looked, and no, it never bit him. Saitama was just annoyed by it getting away.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Condiv posted:

Mosquito lady sent a tsunami of mosquitoes over the area where Genos and Saitama were standing, then Genos caused an explosion in the same area. The result was that Saitama's cloths were destroyed but he was completely unhurt. The single mosquito that first caused Saitama to rage just buzzed around him like a fly.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Cerebral Bore posted:

I went back and looked, and no, it never bit him. Saitama was just annoyed by it getting away.

check again:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Could just be the damage from his self-inflicted slap. And the face he makes after slapping himself in the temple.."You're dead, motherfucker, DEAD."

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

check again:

I think you're reading things into the story.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Cerebral Bore posted:

I think you're reading things into the story.

No way man. Although mosquito lady got beat, I have it on good authority from ONE that the mosquito that bit saitama escaped and is now evolving into some sort of cell-like abonimation with the help of saitama's super blood, and it will eventually come back and absorb saitama into it's being to become the ultimate being and genos will have to fight and defeat him to avenge his masters death.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Condiv posted:

some poo poo

There better not be ONE spoilers in here damnit :colbert: I've been avoiding this thread because of ONE spoilers.

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Condiv posted:

No way man. Although mosquito lady got beat, I have it on good authority from ONE that the mosquito that bit saitama escaped and is now evolving into some sort of cell-like abonimation with the help of saitama's super blood, and it will eventually come back and absorb saitama into it's being to become the ultimate being and genos will have to fight and defeat him to avenge his masters death.

A Saitama clone with the powers of a mosquito. Well the world's hosed.