Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You mean team serial killer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Madrox posted:

I think Renard is telling Hettie this story to make a point, with the goal of swaying her away from her present destructive course. Have a little faith in the trickster fox. He's made mistakes, largely due to the influence and manipulation of others (namely Coyote and the court via Surma), but he's never really been shown to be malicious. I personally do think he was aiming for Antimony in the possession scene, but it was out of desperation due to his ~ 5 years of imprisonment and not actually knowing her yet. He now realizes he came very close to making a terrible mistake, and may be hoping that telling his tale to Hettie will lead her away from Team Evil.

Adam is so boned.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

The twist ending comes when Rey takes over Adam. Everyone's problems solved all at once. Nothing could go wrong with this plan! :downs:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
No more half measures, Rey! Hetty doesn't care about your stories.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
I was a bit sad that she wasn't given a vaguely football shaped head. Because I'm an idiot.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
Hetty's face seems back to normal. I guess she calmed down a little.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

WeaponBoy posted:

I was a bit sad that she wasn't given a vaguely football shaped head. Because I'm an idiot.
I came in to say her head was no longer football shaped. Silly Tom, getting better at drawing and perspective and all that stuff.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I guess it's nice to have something tangible to show people alongside "No, really, the art gets better."

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Well that's a solid case of :ms: if I ever saw one

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand there's your answer. Now can we all find something else to talk about?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

That wasn't very nice, Reynard :saddowns:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does this count as severing or not?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
But guys, I think Renard is lying and he actually was aiming for the doll the whole time? :v::colbert::v:

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
No see, Reynard's making himself sound more evil to get on Hetty's good side, so she'll let her guard down, so he can interfere with her evil plan and prevent it from working! It's the trickiest trick of all!

(this is not a serious suggestion)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I don't understand why anyone would think he wasn't actively trying to kill her, at least at the very instant he first acted. Dude had been kept locked up for ages and finally had a way out, he's not going to be mulling over moral ramifications when his escape route might just walk off any second.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!
Renard's spirit leaping towards Annie is very reminiscent of Annie's own fire elemental spirit. I can't help but wonder if that will be significant way down the road.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

Renard's spirit leaping towards Annie is very reminiscent of Annie's own fire elemental spirit. I can't help but wonder if that will be significant way down the road.

You think it's potentially significant that two spirits have similar appearances? Considering they're both spirits?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's silly, Renard wont ever be significant.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Definitely glad this is official now.

Thanks, Tom.

Thom

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Next comic, we find out just WHAT THE DEAL was with that haunted tea kettle.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
No look, what's gonna happen is he is gonna change his mind about possessing Annie MID FLIGHT, and THEN Eglamore jumps out and saves her.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

No see, Reynard's making himself sound more evil to get on Hetty's good side, so she'll let her guard down, so he can interfere with her evil plan and prevent it from working! It's the trickiest trick of all!

(this is not a serious suggestion)

But how can he trick Hetty who is obviously Coyote? Also they want to kill Adam because he's obviously a monster who killed his own sister and enslaved Hetty (while still managing to be coyote). Obviously. Bobby the robot masterminded the whole thing. All mysteries solved forever.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Status of Mystery: Solved

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
This comic sucks I thought it was Harry Potter not His Dark Materials boo tea san BOO

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

RabidWeasel posted:

I don't understand why anyone would think he wasn't actively trying to kill her, at least at the very instant he first acted. Dude had been kept locked up for ages and finally had a way out, he's not going to be mulling over moral ramifications when his escape route might just walk off any second.

I was also surprised that anyone ever thought there was a mystery about it. I didn't realize it was up for question until reading the comments during this chapter. Good to have it confirmed though.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Dr Strangepants posted:

I was also surprised that anyone ever thought there was a mystery about it. I didn't realize it was up for question until reading the comments during this chapter. Good to have it confirmed though.

Initially there was no reason to believe he wasn't gunning for Annie, but as we started to find out about Renard's past, his relationship with Surma, and how Surma and Annie's relationship runs deeper than even a mother/daughter connection it became easier to believe that he had been aiming for the doll the whole time, even though no one in the comic brought that up as a possibility.

Poor Renard has so many regrets, and so much time alone with them.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Male Man posted:

Poor Renard has so many regrets, and so much time alone with them.

He hasn't learned much from those regretful actions, though. Fast-forward a dozen chapters and we'll have poor Renard reminisce about that time he voluntarily broke into a [unknown facility] and stole supplies in order to help an obviously deranged creature torture and eventually kill a little boy.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Love makes you do crazy things. Renard's an interesting character. Even though he's been around for so long and has said so many endearing things towards Annie, I still feel like he's somewhat of a distant character, whose motivations I still don't totally understand. That's why I'm really enjoying this chapter, as it's giving us some insight into Renard.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Renard is the least interesting fox in anything since the fox in The Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Haledjian posted:

Renard is the least interesting fox in anything since the fox in The Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

He's certainly no mysterious fox.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 22, 2013

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I was expecting a big SIIIIIIIIGH halfway down this page. Oh well :allears:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Haledjian posted:

Well, Gunnerkrigg Court's decided to joss theories and make Renard intend to kill Annie, it seems. Interest completely hit rock bottom. Thanks, Tom!
Oh good, generic crime of passion #2,405,120. Yawn. No "Renard went for the doll", no reading.
And to Tom: gently caress you for not taking a god drat chance, you cowardly loving bitch. "Nope. Everyone has to be a murderer!" gently caress you.
Remember the lesson GCC teaches us: Be a murderer, otherwise your possessed-doll peers won't like you. #GunnerkriggCourt #fuckingasshole #badendconfirmed

Froodulous
Feb 29, 2008

Hey, head pigeon, is this a bad post?

Rasamune posted:

Well, Gunnerkrigg Court's decided to joss theories and make Renard intend to kill Annie, it seems. Interest completely hit rock bottom. Thanks, Tom!
Oh good, generic crime of passion #2,405,120. Yawn. No "Renard went for the doll", no reading.
And to Tom: gently caress you for not taking a god drat chance, you cowardly loving bitch. "Nope. Everyone has to be a murderer!" gently caress you.
Remember the lesson GCC teaches us: Be a murderer, otherwise your possessed-doll peers won't like you. #GunnerkriggCourt #fuckingasshole #badendconfirmed

It's never not funny.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Renard is evil, confirmed.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Froodulous posted:

It's never not funny.

Nah, it's gettin' a little old.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BobTheJanitor posted:

Renard is evil, confirmed.

Was. People/Fox Spirits/Robots Change, man.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Robots Change, man.

Lies! Boxbot is always terrible.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Froodulous posted:

It's never not funny.

I hope you're joking

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What would the Gunnerkrigg Court thread be without overused in-jokes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
It would be as terrible as boxbot.

It would definitely not be a robot.

The comic without excessive in-jokes is Mr. Eglamore.