Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I don't mind scooping our cat boxes now that I use the walnut litter, but I really hated it when we used clay litter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

wtftastic posted:

The whole "dredge poop chunks from box" thing was seriously gross.

Well you're not supposed to do it with your fingers, duh. :downs:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Bad Munki posted:

Well you're not supposed to do it with your fingers, duh. :downs:

I know I am but a simple dog owner, but I did use the little liter scoop they had.

On the other hand the cats are nice. One of them is super shy but came out to see me and the other is a bratty attention hog. I threw a toy around, sprayed their toy with nip spray and their scratching post. The more friendly cat meowed at me as I left.

:qq:

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
I knew that I must have reached critical toxoplasmosis levels when scooping the litter stopped bothering me. It's still kind of annoying and inconvenient, but not yucky any more. Even the poop container I scoop into, which used to make me gag, is just sort of... there. I figure I'm completely under the control of my fuzzy masters now.

Shiny Penny
Feb 1, 2009
I've never had a problem scooping litter, but holy wowzers does my cat lay stink bombs. I swear he does it right before I come to scoop, too :argh:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sasha waits until immediately after the box has been cleaned. :catstare:

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

Maybe she's dying

If she's dying, you know she'll just come back as a complete rear end in a top hat poltergeist.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Leela likes to poop while I'm pooping. She stares at me the whole time, too. loving creepy, cat!

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Triangulum posted:

Haha that is definitely not one of my dogs, I'm pretty sure that's a Groenendael. I guess that proves everyone's point about solid color purebreds being hard to tell apart though.

I can see why the shelter isn't sure if Kas if a GSD or a Belgian of some sort too:

That dog is a literal ~*princess*~.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
There's a gorgeous trail just down the road from us that leads to this waterfall. The trail goes on for miles, it is like The Perfect Dog Walking Trail. It's awesome up here. :allears:

You can see how impressed Shadow is.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

RazorBunny posted:

She stares at me the whole time, too.

You would only know that if you were staring at her the whole time. Who's creepy now? You're the one that watches a cat poop.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Skizzles posted:

Hey look, LOG and BOG made it onto HuffPo. :iamafag: And of course LOG is in her Trophy suit.

What is she saying?

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

You would only know that if you were staring at her the whole time. Who's creepy now? You're the one that watches a cat poop.

Maybe she doesn't, and we just both have awkward timing and every time I look over at her, she looks over at me, and then we make eye contact and she's thinking "What the hell, human? Creepy much!?" and I'm simultaneously thinking "What the hell, cat?"

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Bad Munki posted:

Sasha waits until immediately after the box has been cleaned. :catstare:

Glinda loving jumps in WHILE I'm scooping.

Fucker cat.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

RazorBunny posted:

Maybe she doesn't, and we just both have awkward timing and every time I look over at her, she looks over at me, and then we make eye contact and she's thinking "What the hell, human? Creepy much!?" and I'm simultaneously thinking "What the hell, cat?"

A likely excuse. More likely is that you both gaze lovingly into each others eyes while pooping in perfect unison, a seamless union the likes of which man- and cat-kind has never before known, and may never know again.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Poop Island

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
I think that if I ever wanted one of my cats to poop immediately, changing the kitty litter is the best way to guarantee that one of them will poop. And it will be the smelliest poop that they can possibly poop. The poop of the day.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Tasty_Crayon posted:

What is she saying?

Something along the lines of "it's pretend sunscreen."

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Tasty_Crayon posted:

What is she saying?

I think she said "it's pretending to be sunscreen."

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Not enough :3:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Siochain posted:

Glinda loving jumps in WHILE I'm scooping.

Fucker cat.

Sadie has done this once, but I just happened to have juuuust finished that box and was just smoothing out the litter. I suppose when you gotta go you gotta go. I'm just glad she chose that box instead of the box that still needed cleaning. I let her do her thing and then cleaned the other one because she was weirding me out with that vacant "I'm pooping/peeing" face they get.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Shifty Pony posted:

Sadie has done this once, but I just happened to have juuuust finished that box and was just smoothing out the litter. I suppose when you gotta go you gotta go. I'm just glad she chose that box instead of the box that still needed cleaning. I let her do her thing and then cleaned the other one because she was weirding me out with that vacant "I'm pooping/peeing" face they get.

We have 2 boxes, right next to each other. One is clean, the other I'm cleaning. She'll jump in the one I'm working on...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well that only makes sense. I mean, you're playing with her poop, you must like cat poop. It would be rude of her to poop in the other box, the one you weren't playing in at that moment. Doing so would only deprive you of a wonderfully fresh nug.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

I feel as though the cat people ITT are trying to change the topic so that we dog owners do not realise they didn't post pictures of their cats leaving tempting treats.

You do not fool me, cat people. I am not fooled. :colbert:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Fraction posted:

I feel as though the cat people ITT are trying to change the topic so that we dog owners do not realise they didn't post pictures of their cats leaving tempting treats.

:smuggo:

moments later

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Do you do stuff with Sadie or is she just a pretty kitty that gets to laze?

And all this litter box talk makes me hope that, whenever we get Sarah and Gabe back, they still remember their toilet training.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Fraction posted:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Do you do stuff with Sadie or is she just a pretty kitty that gets to laze?

And all this litter box talk makes me hope that, whenever we get Sarah and Gabe back, they still remember their toilet training.

What do you mean by do stuff? She tried to get the treats twice but I shooed her away and she adopted the "attempt telekinesis" approach. She is rather good about getting the hint when she shouldn't do something. For a cat.

Nothing near El Gar and Trophy tricks though.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Shifty Pony posted:

:smuggo:

moments later

:3: Good cat, Sadie.

That is clearly not a cat. It is a dog in a catsuit, or a stuffed cat.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

I taught two of my cats to sit when they were young, and they still do it now when I tell them.

I grew up in London, not sure why I sound like a welsh woman

http://youtu.be/8uBbRQhy0Cc

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Fraction posted:

That is clearly not a cat. It is a dog in a catsuit, or a stuffed cat.

Genuine cat, she just gives no fucks. I wish she got more excited about food, then maybe I could get her to do things. Even tuna she doesn't care about. Hell, I've given her fresh king salmon and she's all "meh, I guess if it's just gonna lay there I'll nibble some. No promises that I'll finish it, though." The least motivated cat ever.

And as for dogs, I'll always have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbNYuK4lSM4

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

What do you mean by do stuff? She tried to get the treats twice but I shooed her away and she adopted the "attempt telekinesis" approach. She is rather good about getting the hint when she shouldn't do something. For a cat.

Nothing near El Gar and Trophy tricks though.

Yeah, mostly I was just curious if you've done any clicker training with her. :3: She seems like a sweet, smart girl. Smart enough for that telekinesis to work.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Fraction posted:

It's because it's impossible to teach a cat not to take a thing they want. I had to keep shooing the cat away from the dog's treats, and you can see him hovering in the background of the picture of the dog, just waiting for me to look away so he can eat all the treats. Cats think everything just belongs to them. When I shooed him away, he just looked at me confused like I DON'T UNDERSTAND, THERE ARE TREATS HERE.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Cat is not "leaving" the food. Cat is being a bitch and pretending it does not want the food. It must not be very good food, if you throw it all over the place and do not attempt to keep it from him.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Trust me, the moment after I took that picture, the cat "left" the food. And the room, and the upstairs, and I haven't seen her for a couple hours now.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
I posted pics of Yeti leaving it for PISSmas so I was ahead of the trend. :colbert:

I also taught him to "go wait" by his bowl for his dinner instead of being annoying and trying to stick his face in the can as soon as I open it.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Went to the dog park today despite the puddles. I think it made it more fun for them anyway.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Just hanging out, playing with something the dog couldn't care less about.

e* size

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Random nonsense time. Last night I went to bed early because I wasn't feeling well, and was woken up two hours later by Jet peeing on my bedroom door, despite being out for twenty minutes before I went to bed and peeing then. I'm fairly sure this was due to the sudden weather change, however I had to actually shove him before he stopped peeing and I could drag him outside. Now today when I went home for lunch he had pooed on the floor, despite having pooed outside first thing this morning. This after I'd had an awful night's sleep, and an awful time fighting traffic and whatever else to get home for lunch, and I didn't even get to properly have lunch. Before I left he was cowering away from me, I assume because I was grumpy and pissed off and he could tell, although I was doing my best not to direct it at him. Damnit, dog, if it wasn't bad enough that you made messes everywhere now you make me feel guilty for being grumpy.

At least he came back to his normal self when I threw stuff for him in the garden.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
I can't find my camera so you get old leave it pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Topoisomerase posted:

I posted pics of Yeti leaving it for PISSmas so I was ahead of the trend. :colbert:

Pics ITT or you're lying

Serella posted:

It's because it's impossible to teach a cat not to take a thing they want. I had to keep shooing the cat away from the dog's treats, and you can see him hovering in the background of the picture of the dog, just waiting for me to look away so he can eat all the treats. Cats think everything just belongs to them. When I shooed him away, he just looked at me confused like I DON'T UNDERSTAND, THERE ARE TREATS HERE.

This is because cats know you (in general) are their bitch. Why would they listen to you, you are not the boss of them. You are their butler and slave.

• Locked thread