Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Gatts posted:

I need more. Why is that woman floating or something? Who told him about ice cream and small humans? What does he do afterwards?

It's the third serial of the Ten Seconders, a 2000AD comic where some aliens came to earth and played at being Gods/superheroes wiping out a lot of humanity. Others of their species have shown up to clean up the mess which includes enhanced humans such as the woman and Damage if memory serves rightly.

As for who told him about ice cream and small humans, this guy.

2000AD #1477

I kind of like Damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Uthor posted:

Not a comic book, but Conan reviews the Injustice video game and has some insights about the characters.
http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-highlight-clueless-gamer-injustice

Oh man, is Flaming C actually a character in the game?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh man, is Flaming C actually a character in the game?
Apparently they reskinned Superman just for Conan.

The fans haven't stopped clamoring for Flaming C DLC since.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

CapnAndy posted:

Apparently they reskinned Superman just for Conan.

The fans haven't stopped clamoring for Flaming C DLC since.

If that happens we should also get a reskin for Moleculo: The Molecular Man!

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

Squidster posted:

Superman, the best at being a dick.

Superman #666.

Let me guess, a "What If"?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

caboodle posted:

No, they took advantage of the number to do a Superman Goes To Hell issue. It's a dream sequence and Superman is intentionally being as evil as possible for Reasons, and somehow beating up the devil comes into it later? I forget.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

caboodle posted:

It's actually dumber than that. Apparently Krypton's afterlife exploded at the same time as the planet, with only one demon riding along with superman's baby carriage. It then struck a deal with the local devils to try to corrupt Superman, and then the Phantom Stranger gave Superman a decoy faux soul for it to corrupt in some kind of dream fake alternate reality, and then Superman punched it in hell. Even for comics, it was really, really stupid.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

If that happens we should also get a reskin for Moleculo: The Molecular Man!

With alternate Spanish dialogue I presume?

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

Squidster posted:

It's actually dumber than that. Apparently Krypton's afterlife exploded at the same time as the planet, with only one demon riding along with superman's baby carriage. It then struck a deal with the local devils to try to corrupt Superman, and then the Phantom Stranger gave Superman a decoy faux soul for it to corrupt in some kind of dream fake alternate reality, and then Superman punched it in hell. Even for comics, it was really, really stupid.

And I'm reminded why I'm a Marvel zombie.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

caboodle posted:

To be fair, Marvel was responsible for publishing Rob Liefeld.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

caboodle posted:

Right, because Marvel has never, ever, ever published a ridiculous comic-book-y comic book. Not even once. Don't be a slave to the publisher logo, man.

Also, Superman #666 was great because it was basically a convoluted excuse for Busiek and Simonson (two Marvel alums, worth noting) to write and draw Superman being a huge loving dick for an oversized issue.

Edit:

prefect posted:

To be fair, Marvel was responsible for publishing Rob Liefeld.

Actually, DC published him first on the Hawk and Dove miniseries.

d00gZ fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 22, 2013

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

d00gZ posted:

Also, Superman #666 was great because it was basically a convoluted excuse for Busiek and Simonson (two Marvel alums, worth noting) to write and draw Superman being a huge loving dick for an oversized issue.

Seriously if you can read that issue and not be amused by a dreaming Superman just blowing off steam in his head with a Thriller-style "to be continued?!" ending which will never be touched upon again, I don't wanna know you.

That's comics as gently caress.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

d00gZ posted:

Actually, DC published him first on the Hawk and Dove miniseries.

Oh. :blush:

(I was a Marvel zombie, so I thought New Mutants was the origin of Liefeld.)

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

prefect posted:

Oh. :blush:

(I was a Marvel zombie, so I thought New Mutants was the origin of Liefeld.)

Nope. In fact one of the main reasons he made Deadpool was because he wanted to use Deathstroke again.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Marvel Zombie? Since when have we started using gang tags?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I would rather have a RIPSPLISTS!!!! tag, myself.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

I would rather have a RIPSPLISTS!!!! tag, myself.

In case anyone's forgotten:

(The Tekken Saga #1, rehosted shamelessly from Gavok's site)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

AH$HITTT!! breaking through the speech bubble is even funnier.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

"To lose to him would mean I'll lose ..." is even worse than "People die when they are killed!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Phy posted:

In case anyone's forgotten:

(The Tekken Saga #1, rehosted shamelessly from Gavok's site)

I'm a Tekken fan, and even then I don't understand half of what's going on on that page. And I haven't the foggiest how to pronounce ripslists.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Ripsplists is Mxyzptlk's douchey cousin

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Fifth dimensional beings don't use vowels in their names. :goonsay:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"his most deadliest technique...
...THE GOD FIST".

I'm assuming it's called that because he actually has a tiny god in his hand, which is who that second thought bubble is coming from.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

Fifth dimensional beings don't use vowels in their names. :goonsay:

I'm gonna ripsplits you a new one t:mad:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Choco1980 posted:

And I haven't the foggiest how to pronounce ripslists.
Try thinking of it as a plural of websites for classified ads and it becomes much easier.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Spaceman Bill posted:

I'm gonna ripsplits you a new one t:mad:

Ripsplists :eng101:

I kept going back and forth from the image and it was driving me nuts.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Thor 3 better be a direct adaptation of this issue.

The Mighty Thor #269

Clearly these writers knew just which foes were worthy of facing the God of Thunder.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Punisher vol 3 no. 2
Splat-Fu.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Say Nothing posted:

Punisher vol 3 no. 2
Splat-Fu.

I'm sorry, but for a while now every time I see his art I think of "Frank Face" and I mentally substitute it for every face I see in the comic. Not that it's difficult, mind you.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What If...? #16 - What if Wolverine Battled Conan the Barbarian
If my spotty memory is right, this was the last page, after the actual What if...? story with all of its sword vs. claw action.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chris Hastings is writing a four-issue called 'Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe'. I feel quite sure an awful lot of it will end up in here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KGBAgent185 posted:

Ripsplists :eng101:

I kept going back and forth from the image and it was driving me nuts.
The worst part is when you realize someone actually wrote that.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
All from What If? #34

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Where's that one with the "what if so-and-so was gender swapped" and the answer is "we'd get in trouble with dc"?

I want to say it involved Wonder Man.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Heresiarch posted:

Where's that one with the "what if so-and-so was gender swapped" and the answer is "we'd get in trouble with dc"?

The whole issue is nonstop gold.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

E:f,b :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Your Distinguished Competition. :laffo:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

redbackground posted:

The whole issue is nonstop gold.

Weren't these, and the last two of the other redbackground post, from WHAT THE--?! I've seen 'em all before, but not from What If issues.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Weren't these, and the last two of the other redbackground post, from WHAT THE--?! I've seen 'em all before, but not from What If issues.
You're right, I have no idea what I'm doing oh wait, it's exactly as I said, they're all from #34.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

redbackground posted:

You're right, I have no idea what I'm doing oh wait, it's exactly as I said, they're all from #34.

Bendis is a Watcher? This explains so much.

• Locked thread