Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MURPHAGATOR!
Apr 6, 2013

Another busy day at the
Fight House.

MrLonghair posted:

With the wording in the SGDQ threads it sounds like they're going to try for serious-mode all the time. (Professional silent conduct and discipline, presentation and production value, yeah)
Most of it is just trying to prevent them from doing really inappropriate stuff, and then some other things just to make sure we don't trash the hotel and/or equipment. No being drunk on stream, harassment, ect. on the first point, no food in the marathon room for the second. None of this wording prevents people from being goofy or w/e.

You have to realize that for events that get this large, setting ground rules like this is REALLY important or else things get really out of hand quickly. As someone who used to go to fighting game events quite often, I can safely say that setting and following rules like this really improves the quality of the event a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Alteisen posted:

The chat was funny so I guess its official, twitch chat kryptonite is to have fun and show it, the chat cannot tolerate it.

imo it's cause it reminds them that they're alone in a room watching people be good at toys

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MURPHAGATOR! posted:

no food in the marathon room
Give or take the occasional "cosmo eats pizza and plays monkey ball one-handed" donation drive, right? I'd love to see that again.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Give or take the occasional "cosmo eats pizza and plays monkey ball one-handed" donation drive, right? I'd love to see that again.

I remember one of the first marathons, whichever one had to be moved to... what, Uyama's place because of some nonsense with the venue they had? Pizza arrived when Breakdown started LoZ1 and he was super bummed about having to wait to eat, it was kind of hilarious. Dude just wanted a slice!

I really liked that marathon. It was smaller, and I guess that made it feel really chill.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
It was mentioned earlier, but Joshimuz' ESA run for GTA: San Andreas was fantastic. Other than being a WR, it was also just has some great detail and explanation. It's honestly not very indicative of his normal streams which I don't particularly love.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Hotel rules say we can't bring any outside food into the conference rooms, so probably not, unfortunately.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Oh my god this Dark Souls run.

It's hilarious how angry people in the chat got over the run. "They're not even taking this seriously :qq:". It was one of the most entertaining ones to me.

GTA:SA was great. I didn't watch the whole 6 hours, but there was a lot of neat tricks and intense moments.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Never seen so much smiling, laughing and cheering in a speedrun marathon before. Not the reason I watch them but it's the ice-cream of the sweet crunchy cone and I love that waffly cone material a lot. What a feel-good time it was. (Bonus stream for up to a few days now)

Brett824 posted:

Joshimuz' ESA run for GTA: San Andreas was fantastic

And this should be added to our respective bookmarks. So good.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Brett824 posted:

It was mentioned earlier, but Joshimuz' ESA run for GTA: San Andreas was fantastic. Other than being a WR, it was also just has some great detail and explanation. It's honestly not very indicative of his normal streams which I don't particularly love.

Oh god I lost it at that lowrider bouncing mini game glitch

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh my god that Therio choke on the Final Egg boss of Sonic Adventure DX :allears:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Now a three-player Zelda II all keys 100% race: http://www.twitch.tv/ludendi

A little improvised, don't have enough thumbs up for this.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Puwexil is currently in the middle of an Illusion of Gaia 100% run for his 5k follower special, then he's doing a Parasite Eve NG run after that.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Can somebody explain to me what the hell's going on with Yoshi's Island? Because I'm pretty confused.

getitoffgetitoff fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 22, 2013

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
Very simple and inaccurate explanation: you pick up an egg that has a null sprite value (from one of the mouses that holds an egg), and you can have it take the value of whatever sprite works out to it's sprite ID (don't know how exactly). Sprite of choice here is the keyhole, which ends the level. Yoshi has to catch up with the keyhole after you spawn (by running right until the keyhole is against the edge, I guess?) it to end the level.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Nothing quite like having the secretary ask why you're getting a box that says "legalize gay weed" on it.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

UraniumAnchor posted:

Nothing quite like having the secretary ask why you're getting a box that says "legalize gay weed" on it.

Good to see the SGDQ invitations are arriving on time.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

UraniumAnchor posted:

Hotel rules say we can't bring any outside food into the conference rooms, so probably not, unfortunately.

Aw, crap, I was honestly thinking about cooking real food for people next year, that sounds like it might not make the hotel happy. :(

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

Aw, crap, I was honestly thinking about cooking real food for people next year, that sounds like it might not make the hotel happy. :(
No it means you bring in a cooker and ingredients to make it inside the hotel instead :colbert:

Wikiman
May 30, 2011
http://www.twitch.tv/stelzig

This guy is doing WR pace on the Super Mario Sunshine 100% record. About 7 min left on the run. Get in!

e: The worst happened and he got killed on bowser twice. Missed the WR by 11 seconds. :(

Wikiman fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 23, 2013

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Murphagator just confirmed on his stream that the guys that worked on Double Dragon Neon will be skyping in during the DDN run at SGDQ. :toot:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

zylche posted:

No it means you bring in a cooker and ingredients to make it inside the hotel instead :colbert:

So long as the ingredients aren't considered food they should be fine.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Cosmo apparently got a $3600 donation from a dude who doesn't know what a superswim is. :confused:

Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Cosmo apparently got a $3600 donation from a dude who doesn't know what a superswim is. :confused:

Total is up to like $5310 from that one guy now. Honestly, I don't buy it.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
I'm alright with people getting donations, but to have those kind of donations come in right before SGDQ makes me a little sad.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

pyromance posted:

I'm alright with people getting donations, but to have those kind of donations come in right before SGDQ makes me a little sad.

Well they were only E-checks or something, so they (probably) won't clear.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

pyromance posted:

Why would that matter? If it's real the guy obviously wanted to donate to Cosmo specifically for some reason. Who knows if he ever would have donated to the charity at all..

Does Twitch have a chat log? Because I need to see the chat log of all this when it went down.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 23, 2013

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
I laughed out loud at my computer desk at someone in the chat saying "This is the slowest speedrun ever" while Cosmo sat there freaking out in tears over the donation.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
So Cosmo just got $10k from a guy and is now skyping with him on stream :shrug:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
This guy is unbelievably crass, as well as unknowledgeable, for someone who donated ten thousand dollars to Cosmo. Also, the ten grand is, according to him, his workman's comp. So I'm a little suspicious.

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011
"I don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, dude."
Seems like a chill guy.

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kittle posted:

So Cosmo just got $10k from a guy and is now skyping with him on stream :shrug:

I think hes legit. The way hes being so public about his information is already risky for him, and if those checks bounce then hes going to get a ton of backlash. Hes even accepting all the friend requests on the facebook he linked. So it isn't like its not his facebook.

His reason for those who haven't been watching: He is a firefighter who was recently injured on the job. Watching Cosmo in the hospital really helped him through it, and in return he gave Cosmo the workers compensation money he got.

E: Ehh, I don't know, I can see it going either way, the guy doesn't sound like the kind of person who would do this, and someone in the chat mentioned that according to his Facebook it's his dad whose a firefighter. it is definitely really sketchy. I guess we'll find out in a couple days.

Bastard Man fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jul 23, 2013

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I'm listening to this guy right now, its amazing how ignorant he is of speedrunning. Cosmo did a zombie zombie hover and the guy was just completely blown away by it. He was also asking Cosmo if he does lets plays.
It just seem a bit odd for someone who was supposedly helped through recovery by Cosmo to not really know anything about what he does.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

According to Cosmo on Twitter it looks like some of the money already got taken back. I am completely unsurprised such an obnoxious guy who knew literally nothing about Cosmo or what he does probably isn't actually giving him $10k.

But I do still feel bad for Cosmo and him getting his hopes up :smith:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If it's any solace, Cosmo doesn't seem too broken up about it, and is one of the chillest streamers there is so he'll be fine.

Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode
I'm pretty sure Cosmo is well at the point now of not believing any promises of money until it is physically there. He gets plenty of promises in chat too that he never buys until it shows up. Nice thing though, is it did start some other donations that same night, so he still made some good money without that.

Now Adrian, on the other hand, is liable to kill somebody.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jakuvious posted:

I'm pretty sure Cosmo is well at the point now of not believing any promises of money until it is physically there. He gets plenty of promises in chat too that he never buys until it shows up. Nice thing though, is it did start some other donations that same night, so he still made some good money without that.

Now Adrian, on the other hand, is liable to kill somebody.

It's not real money until you get it out of paypal.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And MetaSigma has taken back the Evermore WR with a 1:19:22.

Won't link the VoD cause ponies(and he plays music over the game) but there ya go. And just before his SGDQ run as well.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

http://www.twitch.tv/ludendi

Bonus stream evolved into pirate-stream, straight out of a storage chamber in the building. No records being made but they are doing a low-curse% run of Sonic 2006.

e: With that over, and my loaned out equipment back (dxtr is a great guy!); If you have any feedback or commentary, criticism about the audio during ESA2013 good or bad, gimme in PM or post, I'm going over my notes from various forums and chats and preparing a thread about it for our secret ESA planning forum. Next time around the crowd audio will be more "living" and the sound will never dip and go away after people go loud again, and I will be attending and keeping watch on mic batteries and volumes.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 24, 2013

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
This is punk rock as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Poor TMR, dudes on Klax for his 30 hardest games thing, didn't hit start fast enough when he game overed and had to start over.

He was at wave 71, thankfully there's a warp which he used, but he's stuck on 60 now.

• Locked thread