Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, the packaging is part of the appeal. I can't see faked SDCC Metroplexes being much of a thing, really.

I'm sure someone will try it in a few years on Ebay.

"LOST PACKAGING IN MOVE. ONE GUN ALSO MISSING. STILL SDCC EXCLUSIVE I SWEAR"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
RID preview looks like they're returning to some better characterization of Starscream. Really, if they made a 3rd book for all the miscellaneous threads and kept RID to just "Reign of Starscream", I'd be happy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Just got Sandstorm and he's pretty amazing. In fact all the previous and upcoming voyagers have all been pretty good. There's not one that I would say could be considered a piss poor transformer. Even Generations G2 Megatron was a pretty interesting addition to the line as was Hotzone(despite not being able to combine). I am really liking what they're doing with Whirl, he's pretty much the original G1 figure but with extra articulation. Worlds better than his Deluxe figure it also really sort of goes with how the original G1 line was, a combination of different robot aesthetics because they were a mishmash of different lines.

Also how is that Platinum Ultra Magnus? Is that supposed to be the generations version of the figure? The deluxe one is really tiny and the Classics version of him is a white cab so is the Platinum one supposed to be the true homage to the 1986 figure? Or is the figure supposed to be in the prime line?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Platinum Magnus is pretty much Prime Magnus.

BTW I recently got Beast Hunters Magnus and he's very neat, definitely better than what I expected. I liked his RiD incarnation but this one's way better, and a great example of a remold done right.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

So I've been rewatching Beast Wars on Netflix (currently on the Rampage debut in Season Two). Having not watched any other series (not even G1 :blush: ) I'm just looking for proper confirmation that:

1) The BW Season 2 Predacons are the greatest faction/alliance/whatever in Transformers history
2) Tarantulas is the greatest, period, and should have his own wing in the TF Hall of Fame
3) The Tarantulas/Blackarachnia arc in Seasons 1 & 2 - Tarantulas is basically a goon who makes himself a girlfriend and tries to control her remotely - is (again, just guessing here) the only really tactful exploration of female agency and identity in the entirety of TF fiction

Seriously, how did no one remind me how amazing Tarantulas is, I haven't watched most of these since I was 8 and the most vivid memory I had from the Predacon side is Waspinator's Flight of the Bumblebee music. (Waspinator is still great BTW)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The_Doctor posted:

The biggest draw for me is the other gun, just for symmetry's sake.
$10 says some third party mob will come out with G1 styled guns for him.

I'd just get the Hasbro version, but run a blackwash over him, just like what they did at one of the toy fairs. Looked great with the wash.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Optimist Prime posted:

So I've been rewatching Beast Wars on Netflix (currently on the Rampage debut in Season Two). Having not watched any other series (not even G1 :blush: ) I'm just looking for proper confirmation that:

1) The BW Season 2 Predacons are the greatest faction/alliance/whatever in Transformers history
2) Tarantulas is the greatest, period, and should have his own wing in the TF Hall of Fame
3) The Tarantulas/Blackarachnia arc in Seasons 1 & 2 - Tarantulas is basically a goon who makes himself a girlfriend and tries to control her remotely - is (again, just guessing here) the only really tactful exploration of female agency and identity in the entirety of TF fiction

Seriously, how did no one remind me how amazing Tarantulas is, I haven't watched most of these since I was 8 and the most vivid memory I had from the Predacon side is Waspinator's Flight of the Bumblebee music. (Waspinator is still great BTW)

Man, you gotta get a Transmetals Tarantulas somehow. Spiderbike owns!

He was a great secondary villain in how he had his own agenda, wasn't an idiot like Starscream and didn't give a single gently caress about what Megatron said or did.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
When I sold my Energon Omega Supreme I packed it in the Year of the Snake Omega Supreme box just to goose the buyer a little bit. Wish I could've seen his face.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I just got Voyager Blitzwing, and man his shoulders :

Anyone know a good fix for them that doesn't involve hours of work with a dremel?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

The Goon posted:

Anyone know a good fix for them that doesn't involve hours of work with a dremel?

Two squares of styrene. It's in this thread somewhere.

And optimist prime, I'm gonna confirm for you that you are indeed right on all counts. If Tarantulas somehow escaped into current fiction- WORMHOLES, I don't care- I'd just be giddy as all hell.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Goon posted:

Before you try anything more invasive give this one a chance.

I tried it after the sanding method wasn't quite enough, and in less than 5 minutes My Blitzwing had rock solid shoulders at last.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Optimist Prime posted:

I can confirm all three. Beast Wars owns, Tarantulas owns.

(Inferno is still the best though.)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Woop woop Amazon just shipped my copy of MTMTE vol 4. :toot:

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Man, you gotta get a Transmetals Tarantulas somehow. Spiderbike owns!

I had one as a kid, but he lost at least half of his limbs. However, there is an extra TM Tarantulas sitting in storage somewhere, still sealed...

quote:

He was a great secondary villain in how he had his own agenda, wasn't an idiot like Starscream and didn't give a single gently caress about what Megatron said or did.
I like to think that his placement at the very end of the opening credits (which are ONE MINUTE LONG in Season Two because why the gently caress not) was a tacit acknowledgement from the writing staff that Tarantulas had effectively become a third-party entity and de facto #3 character after Optimus and Megs.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

(Inferno is still the best though.)
And this guy. Jesus Christ, how does this guy not have a Waspinator-level cult following? He even has his own catchphrase!

A new Voyager Inferno on par with Generations Rhinox would be the best thing. Maybe at NYCC...?

Crimson Dragoon
Jan 24, 2012

Sometimes you have to go against your family to save the world.
Man, Inferno was such a boss. His huge-rear end flamethrower gun was one of the coolest things ever when I was a kid.

Also, him calling Megatron his queen still amuses me to this day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Optimist Prime posted:

And this guy. Jesus Christ, how does this guy not have a Waspinator-level cult following? He even has his own catchphrase!

Because everyone knows that Quickstrike is the greatest thing to ever come out of Beast Wars.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Crimson Dragoon posted:

Man, Inferno was such a boss. His huge-rear end flamethrower gun was one of the coolest things ever when I was a kid.

Also, him calling Megatron his queen still amuses me to this day.

He also had the best voice.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
Holy tittie sprinkles I'm done with the TF fandom on TFW and other sites.

:cripes:

So after playing too much Transformers: Legends, google directed a lot of people searching for info on the game to the largest thread over on TFW2005, which deals with the game. Thats how I found that forum.

A month ago a forum split happened, some old timers got banned from TFW over stupid reasons, and a lot of the top playerbase took their ball left TFW2005 and created a new forum and a chat channel away from TFW. I followed along and jumped ship as well.

Which was fine but man some of the guys were horrible, I mean they love transforming robots and I love transforming robots but I guess the similarity ends there.

One guy in particular got into sharing way too much personal information about himself, his relationships, pictures of his ex, his huge gun collection and generally right wing rants usually inserted into discussion when everyone else is talking about transforming robots.

Tonight was the straw that melted my mind, talking about the Jazz Robot prize for the game event today.. and instead we had the dude ranting about his black neighbors barking dog and invoking zimmerman/trayvon, going on a racist tirade...

I just.. ugh... pulled the plug, removed myself from the forum/chat and just walked away.

If that dude was here I'd totally buy him an avatar of a klan member with an autobot logo on the hood because gently caress.. crazy fans.

Theres some cool dudes there but some people are so afraid of confrontation they are little the crazies slide.

Oh well... I'm done with the dumb mobile game, my account is corrupted and Mobage can't seem to fix it, I may go and try to get a complete refund on all the money I spent on TFL from apple and call it a day.

Then use that money to buy transforming robots like it was intended :)

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 23, 2013

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

There was a split? I love board drama! Where did they all go, and who got purged?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
TFCon people, if you are interested in any of these items let me know today because I will be packing this evening:

*Botcon Clench
*Botcon Streetwise
*Botcon Sky-byte
*Universe Hardheard w/ Headrobots add-on kit
*Alternity Starscream
*Alternity Black Megatron
*THS 02 Convoy

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

TFCon people, if you are interested in any of these items let me know today because I will be packing this evening:

*Botcon Clench
*Botcon Streetwise
*Botcon Sky-byte
*Alternity Starscream
*THS 02 Convoy

How much would Hardhead and the Headrobot stuff be, out of curiousity?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

How much would Hardhead and the Headrobot stuff be, out of curiousity?

Together, about $80. For the record, there's a guy selling a set of both for $120 on eBay so it's not bad. Are you going to TFCon? If so, I'll put him in my suitcase.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

*Botcon Clench
*Botcon Streetwise
*Botcon Sky-byte
*Alternity Starscream
*THS 02 Convoy

How about a price check on Clench? I'll be at TFCon on Saturday.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Optimist Prime posted:

How about a price check on Clench? I'll be at TFCon on Saturday.

$90, which is cheaper than any of them on eBay.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Email me or PM me for a list of toys for sale and trade, I would bring a few to TF Con also.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

$90, which is cheaper than any of them on eBay.

Sounds reasonable. What about the condition (bagged, complete, etc.)?

strangehamster posted:

Email me or PM me for a list of toys for sale and trade, I would bring a few to TF Con also.

Done.

I should probably mention that I've got a few loose Transformers I'm looking to unload (Universe 2.0/Generations/DOTM), along with TFCC Side Burn and Cheetor. Been looking for anything in particular? Feel free to ask or DM!

(and if anyone had a Henkei Dinobot they were tired of keeping around, that'd be terrific)

Optimist Prime fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 23, 2013

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Optimist Prime posted:

Sounds reasonable. What about the condition (bagged, complete, etc.)?

Still in the bag, has all parts, bio card, never been opened. One of my hotel roommates at the con has also expressed interest in it, but he's been a little flaky regarding it and isn't sure he wants to put $90 down on it, but if he doesn't decide to bite (and it doesn't seem like he will) it's yours.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The voting isn't over yet, but apparently the current leader of the Fans' Choice Masterpiece poll is Star Saber. I am entirely okay with this.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MP Soundwave apparently has hit retail, if anyone's interested. Grab your guns.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Blackheart posted:

Mine isn't arriving til tomorrow... I think. UPS hasn't updated their tracking since the 20th :tinfoil:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

The voting isn't over yet, but apparently the current leader of the Fans' Choice Masterpiece poll is Star Saber. I am entirely okay with this.

I might be a weird contrarian here, but I think I'd rather have an Encore Star Saber than a MP one.

Hey, G1 bricks need some loving, too.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Blackheart posted:

...in California. Give it a week before it hits the other areas of the country.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

I might be a weird contrarian here, but I think I'd rather have an Encore Star Saber than a MP one.

Hey, G1 bricks need some loving, too.

Or at the very least an affordable re-release of the Robot Masters mold.

...oh who am I kidding GIVE US THE MASTERPIECE! Oh, and Victory Leo too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The scary part is that bloody Armada Prime is apparently second in the poll at present..!

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Still in the bag, has all parts, bio card, never been opened. One of my hotel roommates at the con has also expressed interest in it, but he's been a little flaky regarding it and isn't sure he wants to put $90 down on it, but if he doesn't decide to bite (and it doesn't seem like he will) it's yours.

Sounds good, just send me a message if anything changes.

Re: the MP Fans' Choice Poll - Should I assume that Optimus Primal is hosed because the voting is Japan-only and their version of Beast Wars was a joke? If so, :dawkins101:

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Sentinel Red posted:

The scary part is that bloody Armada Prime is apparently second in the poll at present..!

A Masterpiece that can combine with his trailer would be kind of interesting, even if Armada was poo poo.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Why is Armada Prime escond in that Masterpiece Poll anyway? I thought Armada was universally reviled?

Saying that I have 2 of those Armada Primes and the big Scorponok style Megatron Tank from when an old company I worked at had the Armada license from Hasbro. Prime wasn't that bad (aside from the 2 gold fists sticking out the back of the truck) but the trailer thing that he combined with was a total piece of poo poo to make stay together.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

In addition to Masterpiece Soundwave coming out, all the new Generations and Beast Hunters figures are apparently hitting stores this week too. And I'm out of town on vacation, which always seems to happen, so I'll probably break down and end up flying home with a suitcase full of children's toys again.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Goldskull posted:

Why is Armada Prime escond in that Masterpiece Poll anyway? I thought Armada was universally reviled?

Saying that I have 2 of those Armada Primes and the big Scorponok style Megatron Tank from when an old company I worked at had the Armada license from Hasbro. Prime wasn't that bad (aside from the 2 gold fists sticking out the back of the truck) but the trailer thing that he combined with was a total piece of poo poo to make stay together.

Heaps of designs in Armada are actually really really cool. Its just their toys were 1986 levels of terrible. Id give a lot of money for a Generations Scavenger or a skinny spaceship Jetfire. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Blackheart posted:

What wait seriously? Oh gently caress. Fuuuck.