Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like how frustrated the guy with the white clothes and violent buttons is when she greets the guests as protocol demands. He wants her to fail so hard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
I'm predicting one of the greetings has her stand on her head (or something like that), and they fall into (or out of) her ear, or lose the books.

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

Ahh yeah. It's about to get all "fantastic voyage" in here.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Schizophrenic Orb posted:

I'm predicting one of the greetings has her stand on her head (or something like that), and they fall into (or out of) her ear, or lose the books.

And then not-Plume will just make some poo poo up for the next one, and it will either ( A ) be exactly right or ( B ) be off by very little.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Not-Plume screaming directly into her ear canal probably isn't the best idea.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Mr. Wednesday posted:

I'm calling it now, the president already has a(?) mistress, his bluster about monogamy is just for show.

I'll be severely disappointed if there isn't some twist with the whole mistress plot. Certainly the Tjars haven't had the 'surprise! These people have a weird culture that is loving you in the asses because you didn't know about it!' moment yet -- I'm eagerly watching to see what it is. I've been thinking that their blundering around trying to get the President laid would somehow precipitate the war they'd been trying to prevent. Maybe this is how.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Since, no one posted the last few comics, I'll just get us caught up (and give the dates I think they were posted, for those reading the thread at some later point):
:siren:
July 10th
July 12th
July 15th
And today's, July 17th
:siren:
Pretty sure the schedule is M-W-F, but I can't find confirmation on that. Sorry about not posting the new comic

So to get us caught up, here's what happened (spoilered for those who've been waiting for the links for whatever reason. Or to get caught up):

Some more greetings. Then we get to food.

Then the food book gets lost. But Not-Plume is able to find it; but the guy in white is getting rather impatient.

But there's a ton of rules for when you can pick one food. So Not-Plume goes for something that can always

Of course the 'always can eat' food has rules for how you eat it. It's probably precisely done to trick people into thinking it's the safe option, if they haven't learned all the rules.

And the complication shows up. Who would have thought it would be some ear parasite thing. Or maybe a symbiotic organism that attacks invaders. Either way this will end up with not-Plume screaming, no doubt.

Whybird posted:

I'll be severely disappointed if there isn't some twist with the whole mistress plot. Certainly the Tjars haven't had the 'surprise! These people have a weird culture that is loving you in the asses because you didn't know about it!' moment yet -- I'm eagerly watching to see what it is. I've been thinking that their blundering around trying to get the President laid would somehow precipitate the war they'd been trying to prevent. Maybe this is how.
Technically that already happened. What with one of the current trio being locked up. But it'll end up getting much worse, no doubt. I'm going to guess it's something like the wife ends up finding out about Trinketjuice, and ends up dumping him. Which causes him to go to war. Maybe not because of the theory, but because of the scandal fallout.

If, however, he does have a mistress, it's going to be something that results in him losing both his wife and secret mistress.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Most importantly, Not-Plume was named Ben in the 15th strip :eng101:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Evilreaver posted:

He's too small for Ben.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

I... actually glossed over/didn't notice that.

That was kind of an anticlimactic reveal.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, Thorsby updates every M-W-F like clockwork.

Looking forward to improvisational eating methods.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Kgummy posted:

I... actually glossed over/didn't notice that.

That was kind of an anticlimactic reveal.

We already knew this, he mentions it when he tells Shim that he's not Plume. His name is Ben Stamper.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That pink think on the parasite's torso looks like a weak spot.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Of course, Trinketjuice can't hear any of these instructions, since she was rendered permanently deaf by having a creature that can talk loud enough to carry on an audible conversation over 50 metres away screaming inside her ear canal.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think Ben may have just blown up a planet.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
That was the funniest thing I've seen all day. It's amazing how well such a simple gag can work when it's well executed.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
No, you see, it will be exactly the right response via some very obscure rule. Ben will end up finding it.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
This is actually the proper way to greet the assistant to the co-secretary of the department of interior defensive driving.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sizone posted:

That was the funniest thing I've seen all day. It's amazing how well such a simple gag can work when it's well executed.

I usually find Thorsby's comics cleverly amusing, but I think this is one of the first ones where I just laughed out loud.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
:siren:Lungs:siren:

I just can't get enough of those officials in white :swoon:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I knew it was a weak spot!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Pretty short update there. C'mon, Thorsby! Don't leave me hanging by a hair!

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Oh god, the books are going to end up falling down her ear canal, aren't they?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
All the books are gonna fall.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Daktar posted:

Oh god, the books are going to end up falling down her ear canal, aren't they?

No, they're going to end up on the ballroom floor. Along with the ear parasite. The ear parasite will be considered the source of Trinketwhatevers societal knowledge. Study of the ear parasite and attempts to replicate its power to grant societal knowledge will circumvent the holocaust by diverting the resources necessary to carry it out. Or the furry giant thingies will all just drive themselves to idiocy by putting parasites in their ears, like in Star Trek 2.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Sizone posted:

No, they're going to end up on the ballroom floor. Along with the ear parasite. The ear parasite will be considered the source of Trinketwhatevers societal knowledge. Study of the ear parasite and attempts to replicate its power to grant societal knowledge will circumvent the holocaust by diverting the resources necessary to carry it out. Or the furry giant thingies will all just drive themselves to idiocy by putting parasites in their ears, like in Star Trek 2.

Perhaps she will go into full bullshit mode and claim the parasite was somehow controlling her entirely.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
:siren:Welp.:siren: We thought Oyvind may have forgotten about the books, but we forgot that she has no goddamn neck.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Oh geez what are they going to do now that the books are gone? :ohdear:

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Climb down her lughole, gather up the books and tap out morse code messages on her eardrum?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Daktar posted:

Climb down her lughole, gather up the books and tap out morse code messages on her eardrum?

She'll probably do something really stupid looking that the guards read as a sign of her being royalty or such.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Well, it looks not quite like that.

Apparently she doesn't need the books, but can instead rely on pure dumb luck.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Kgummy posted:

Well, it looks not quite like that.

Apparently she doesn't need the books, but can instead rely on pure dumb luck.

The best way to climb the ladder is to push other people down.

:siren:Added sirens for emphasis:siren:

:siren:And this new one asks whether she's a bad enough dudette.:siren:

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 10, 2013

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:siren:Our girl makes her first move, while presently unrelated zaniness potential lurks:siren:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I smell Lies, Sisters and Wives... in space!

Can't wait. :allears:

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

She will try her best, she will fail, it'll look like everything is lost and then she'll somehow end up physically injuring him and marrying him.

Or for extra Thorsbyness she'll end up injuring and marrying Wobblechair instead and they'll have to arrange a coup to get him into power now that he's the second most powerful man in the nation and has two wives.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm more concerned about Nostrilstrop starting a war with that huge alien. How big is that thing?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Have her show the president a picture of a tjargello baby on her cell phone.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Athena and Ben, love coaches extraordinaire.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Everything has gone far too well. Something horrible is going to happen, perhaps immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
:siren: How logic can get you laid :siren:

• Locked thread