Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
pretty boring hotfix

quote:

RIFT 2.3 Hot Fix #11 - 24/7/13

== FEATURES ==
* That's right, it's summer again in Telara, which means it's time for Summerfest once more - this seasonal World Event starts on the afternoon of Thursday 7/25!

= World Event: Summerfest =
* To start your summer adventure, head to any one of the capital cities!
* Take down Swarmlord Khargroth in the all new zone event, The Exuvia of Kargroth, taking over select zones across the three continents.
* Get dressed for the weather-- swimwear has been added to the RIFT Store!
* Brand new achievements have been added, complete them before Summerfest is gone. One of them grants a brand new pet, Stinky the Skunk.
* All new Scavenger Hunt quests have been added to Brevane and Dusken.

GENERAL
* Dyes now stack up to 99!
* Artifact hunters rejoice! The durations for Omen and Quantum Sight have been increased to 1 hour. If you haven't picked them up, the skills have also seen a drop in price!
* Looking for Group: Rifts has been removed as a category - did you notice?

RIFT STORE
* The RIFT Store now alerts you if you have claimable Loyalty Rewards!

DIMENSIONS
* Barrier dimension items have seen a price adjustment.

ZONES
* Dendrome: Invasions now spawn closer to the Onslaught locations at Haimad & Solstice Tower
* Dendrome: The minimap now displays the correct porticulum images for the zone.

DUNGEONS
* Realm of the Fae: Fae Lord Twyll - fixed an issue that could cause the fight to get stuck, preventing you from completing the dungeon.

ITEMS
* Removed spell crit from Empowered Dire Spent Heavy Omniparticle Emitter and replaced with physical crit.

SOULS

CLERIC
DEFILER
* Beacon of Despair: Will now appear more readily when Tasuil or other companion NPCs are active.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN
* Jagged Strike, Serpent Strike: No longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.

BLADEDANCER
* Disassemble: Cooldown has been reduced to 30s, down from 60s.
* Binary Strike, Double Strike: No longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.

NIGHTBLADE
* Scourge of Darkness: No longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

quote:

Artifact hunters rejoice! The durations for Omen and Quantum Sight have been increased to 1 hour. If you haven't picked them up, the skills have also seen a drop in price!

Finally... the quantum sight price has been nuts...

e: it still seems high at 12k... still can't afford that...

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 24, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding my Pyro build/rotation? HTML export is here, if anyone wants an combat log tell me and I'll upload it. I'm using 61 Pyro/9 Archon/6 Harb on the PTS raid dummy without any consumables and the Raid 2 gear + SHoE trinket from the bag (7.1k SP, 80 CP, forgot the SC) if anyone wants to reproduce it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Magus42 posted:

Remember that you can trade in zone event currency for planarite. Inscribed are worth 500 planarite each, not sure of the currency below that.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Magus42 posted:

One of my characters is 58, I've got Quantum Sight, and I'm sitting on like 30k Planarite :confused:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah doing like a ghunt or stronghold is like 1k-3k planarite or something. The game kind of just vomits it at you if you do things.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, I made like 500k Planarite in no time at all.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

Remember that you can trade in zone event currency for planarite. Inscribed are worth 500 planarite each, not sure of the currency below that.

It's 50 ISS or 50 IS for 500 Planarite.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

anthonypants posted:

One of my characters is 58, I've got Quantum Sight, and I'm sitting on like 30k Planarite :confused:

Some of us haven't played for a while; my highest is 51, and only has 9k planarite thanks to playing the rift mobile planar invasion scratcher over and over :)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Magus42 posted:

Some of us haven't played for a while; my highest is 51, and only has 9k planarite thanks to playing the rift mobile planar invasion scratcher over and over :)
You should be playing Shinies.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

anthonypants posted:

You should be playing Shinies.

Shinies doesn't get me free/easy planarite :)

Once I get quantum sight I'll probably go back to Shinies :)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Magus42 posted:

Shinies doesn't get me free/easy planarite :)
Uh, yeah it does?

Zoness posted:

Yeah doing like a ghunt or stronghold is like 1k-3k planarite or something. The game kind of just vomits it at you if you do things.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
You know, beside clerics which class needs some buffs to bring them in line with the other souls? Rogues.

Ailion posted:

Updates to Rogue coming up on PTS shortly.

Tactician

Necrotic Torrent, Infernal Torrent, Glacial Torrent: Damage has been reduced.

Curative Torrent, Curative Beam: Healing has been increased.

Restorative Bolt: Healing has been increased. Can now be cast on yourself.

Assassin

Virulent Poison, Lethal Poison, Leeching Poison, Debilitating Poison, Enfeebling Poison: Base chance to trigger has been increased to 30%, up from 20%.

Poison Malice: Cooldown reduced from 2 mins to 1 min.

Nightblade

Hellfire Blades, Smoldering Blades, Fell Blades: Damage has been increased.

Bladedancer

Blade Hustle: Increases the duration of Rhythmic abilities by 3-9s, up from 2-6s.

Hack and Slash: Successful Critical Hits now increases all damage by 3-15%.

RIP Tact dps.

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:

Magus42 posted:

Can planarite be traded? If so you're more than welcome to have mine.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

KaneTW posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding my Pyro build/rotation? HTML export is here, if anyone wants an combat log tell me and I'll upload it. I'm using 61 Pyro/9 Archon/6 Harb on the PTS raid dummy without any consumables and the Raid 2 gear + SHoE trinket from the bag (7.1k SP, 80 CP, forgot the SC) if anyone wants to reproduce it.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNldesfIuusksgqfkvxcMvV is the preferred spec at the moment, I'm really not sure what the rotation is anymore, I can't say I've ever mastered the pyro rotation either. I'm looking into learning harb again, been awhile since we've been in melee range, don't know what to do for certain fights with it either! Gotta read up I guess

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

a digital orc posted:

Can planarite be traded? If so you're more than welcome to have mine.

Planarite can be moved from character to character on an account, but it requires buying planarite vouchers which are a sub-50 sourcestone + the cost of the sourcestone in planarite. It's harder to do after 50 since you can't just run IA's for Inscribed Sourcestones.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Wow, that Warlock build parses like 1k DPS higher on Esthi (on live) than my old one. Rotation is the same, you just plant life leech once and enjoy 12k -> 13k DPS on the guild dimension dummy.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Planarite can be moved from character to character on an account, but it requires buying planarite vouchers which are a sub-50 sourcestone + the cost of the sourcestone in planarite. It's harder to do after 50 since you can't just run IA's for Inscribed Sourcestones.

ROOOOONNNNGGGGGG.

You buy IS vouchers 1:1 for IS then transfer the IS voucher and buy planarite with the IS on the new character.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

anthonypants posted:

Uh, yeah it does?

How do you figure? Shinies gives artifacts and the occasional lucky coin.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I've been sitting at cap for planarite for a while now because I'm too lazy to try to find a group to finish my GH4s I need, and I have nothing else I want to buy with it.

Edit:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/376143-issue-auto-consume-pa-items-my-bad-your-gain.html#post4403581

1,000,000 PA exp claim items next week(?!?)

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 24, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Bonapartisan posted:

I've been sitting at cap for planarite for a while now because I'm too lazy to try to find a group to finish my GH4s I need, and I have nothing else I want to buy with it.

Edit:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/376143-issue-auto-consume-pa-items-my-bad-your-gain.html#post4403581

1,000,000 PA exp claim items next week(?!?)

That's less than a level for most of us :smith:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I started playing again to find out that I can't move my old 50 cleric from the EU servers so I made a mage on the US servers instead.
In as Grandiose.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Looks like the Cleric changes outside of purifier will be out with next week's hotfix.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Metrohunter posted:

I started playing again to find out that I can't move my old 50 cleric from the EU servers so I made a mage on the US servers instead.
In as Grandiose.

Submit a ticket on the issue and you could get lucky!

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Would appreciate an invite for my new mage, Carlin. Thanks.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

One time 1,000,000 PA XP claim.

quote:

You'll be able to claim the one-time consumable from the RIFT Store claim window on a single character!

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Kreczor posted:

Submit a ticket on the issue and you could get lucky!

I think there is a database issue which prevents them from transferring EU<->NA servers, something to do with language support(?).

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Eltoasto posted:

Looks like the Cleric changes outside of purifier will be out with next week's hotfix.

Can I get a link to what these changed are?

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

mr. nobody posted:

I think there is a database issue which prevents them from transferring EU<->NA servers, something to do with language support(?).

Yea they wouldn't transfer my level 60 when I asked the other week, they did say it might be available in the future though, no idea if that's a standard response that support give.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
So in uh... interesting news, backbones got hosed tonight while we were doing TDQ. This resulted in us wiping on Jultharin when 2 of our 3 healers all of a sudden had pings in the 2+ minute range.

That's the negative.

The positive is this video of Stumbly's corpse moving about the dancefloor, wherein you can see that I use separate audio channels for mumble and music/game sounds (you may have been able to tell this in mumble as well, dunno how well my mic picks up my music).

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Daerc posted:

So in uh... interesting news, backbones got hosed tonight while we were doing TDQ. This resulted in us wiping on Jultharin when 2 of our 3 healers all of a sudden had pings in the 2+ minute range.

That's the negative.

The positive is this video of Stumbly's corpse moving about the dancefloor, wherein you can see that I use separate audio channels for mumble and music/game sounds (you may have been able to tell this in mumble as well, dunno how well my mic picks up my music).

Did you get folks to finish?
Please say cleric poo poo didn't drop.

Serai
Dec 28, 2009
Invite Blucher

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

From all the stuff I've been reading in regard to the lag going on for some people, its definitely an ISP thing. I noticed a lot of people reporting the problems were affiliated with comcast and or at&t in some shape or form. Hope this gets fixed soon, things were pretty unplayable

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

It's cogent. http://internetpulse.net/

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, servers are taking a massive dump for me.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What server are we actually on now?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Bob NewSCART posted:

What server are we actually on now?
That secret information is hidden away in the OP, which few dare to read.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Still having problems with their forums and websites loading, awesome :smith: I was hoping this would resolve itself before summerfest stuff went live but its not looking like it! I have the pet guide ready, hopefully when I can stay connected I'll get a scavenger hunt guide/spoiler guide compiled. I hope everyone is ready for the onslaught of stupid pop culture references in the quests.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Someone please post once the game is playable again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

lsp posted:

Still having problems with their forums and websites loading, awesome :smith: I was hoping this would resolve itself before summerfest stuff went live but its not looking like it! I have the pet guide ready, hopefully when I can stay connected I'll get a scavenger hunt guide/spoiler guide compiled. I hope everyone is ready for the onslaught of stupid pop culture references in the quests.

I look forward to your guide!

:suicide:

• Locked thread