Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

kensei posted:

Just one or two or? Mail me and we'll talk?

Sent you an email. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I'm fearing the stupid mountain one will be the one that they put the most of in the drat box, just since it looks nice and easily flat-packable. They seem to like putting the most of those just so it is hard to differentiate while feeling them.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

kensei posted:

I found some fully sealed S10 boxes today. Anyone want to go in on one with me?

Well I do still need that drat librarian

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
Apologies if this has been asked before; but is Monster Fighters only lasting the one line? I haven't seen any talk of 2014 releases and it is a line that brought me full force back into Lego. Anyone have any news that won't shatter my heart?

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

NickThorn posted:

Apologies if this has been asked before; but is Monster Fighters only lasting the one line? I haven't seen any talk of 2014 releases and it is a line that brought me full force back into Lego. Anyone have any news that won't shatter my heart?

I too wish there were more of them. I bought every set in the line including the House and the Zombies set. Our house is Halloween themed year-round with these LEGO sets and the Yankee Candle Boney Bunch on display.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The only ray of light I've seen for Monster Fighters, which was my favorite line of the last three years, easily, is on Lego's shop, the Ghost keychain was listed as Out Of Stock but expected to ship in October 2013, which suggests that maybe there's going to be if nothing else a re-issue of the sets around Halloween.

fygar
Nov 24, 2004
glorp

squarerandom posted:

found this set at the swap meet! Didnt even know this set existed! Box is busted to hell on corners but bags, stickers and manual are perfect.

First time posting on Awful app so sorry if the pic is huge.
There was a line of Speed Racer sets that came out in anticipation of the movie. I bought that very same set when it came out and was disappointed. The Mach V design is underwhelming, and what few stickers that Lego makes you apply have begun to chip and peel off the bricks. Oddly, the Snake Oiler car hasn't suffered from the same problem. Stranger still, it's the better looking of the two cars. It might make a good basis for a custom Mach V, but don't expect to be thrilled by what's inside the box.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Muppetjedi posted:

Who wants to see series 11 Minifigures?

Sweet, they made a Crixus minifig!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Going to be in London in august, how out of the way are the two lego stores there?

And offtopic but maybe somebody knows, are there any good bookstores I could visit?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ika posted:

Going to be in London in august, how out of the way are the two lego stores there?

And offtopic but maybe somebody knows, are there any good bookstores I could visit?

The Westfield one in Shepherd's Bush is much easier to get to than the Stratford Westfield store (although this depends where you are staying).

Also, bookstores we've got a few of. Foyle's on Charing Cross Road is a huge 4 storey affair. Plus all sorts of second hand ones nearby. If you want sci-fi, Forbidden Planet on Shaftsbury Avenue has a huge book section downstairs. Eh, gently caress it, I'll show you around :)

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I'm staying southwest of London, so westfield sounds more sensible.

I'm pretty sure I was thinking of forbidden planet, I knew there was a famous/well known store, but didn't remember which one it was. If we can figure out a day that works for both of us, that would be great. Still have my AIM or email address, so we don't need to spam up the thread?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

fygar posted:

There was a line of Speed Racer sets that came out in anticipation of the movie. I bought that very same set when it came out and was disappointed. The Mach V design is underwhelming, and what few stickers that Lego makes you apply have begun to chip and peel off the bricks. Oddly, the Snake Oiler car hasn't suffered from the same problem. Stranger still, it's the better looking of the two cars. It might make a good basis for a custom Mach V, but don't expect to be thrilled by what's inside the box.

To be honest I loved the movie so even if it isn't all that much, I still love the cars. And yeah I hated putting on the sliced up M sticker, especially cause my hands shake so much. My main gripe is too may open studs on the top of M5 and there's not even a sticker for a control panel for the buttons that would be on the cheap/basic steering wheel. It does have a perfect 2x2 space on the bottom which fits hinges that I place on transparent bricks to make the M5 jump/flip over Snake Oiler for pictures :3:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Omicron Scorpinae - Model Q4 (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

kensei posted:

I found some fully sealed S10 boxes today. Anyone want to go in on one with me?

I would be interested in librarian, grandpa, sea captain & the girl with the dog.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I love that the Scarecrow reuses the stupid bird-on-the-head from Lone Ranger. Whoever came up with that needs to be employee of the month or something.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

You continue to blow me away. Considering that I always went with the four leg models in Armored Core this is my favorite squad. Do you have a parts list for some or all of these?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
So, this looks like it might be really promising int he new parts department:

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7128

If those little ball joints are reasonably stiff, they're going to be extremely useful.

riversarl
Nov 11, 2012
Some of the negative reactions on Brickset are hilarious.

quote:

I can't think of a word that expresses enough fail... but judging from the box art, the LEGO builds accurately reflect the pathetic design of the cartoons.

Really?

The red one reminds of of Koume from Zelda.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The summer star wars sets were at my local Target yesterday, and they cleaned out the last attack of the wargs set that I wanted that had been on sale :mad:

So if you were looking forward to the AT-TE or gunship, they might be around. After getting the UCS X-Wing I think my SW lego appetite has been sated, especially considering those are new trilogy sets.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Benway posted:

You continue to blow me away. Considering that I always went with the four leg models in Armored Core this is my favorite squad. Do you have a parts list for some or all of these?

Thanks dude! I have an earlier quad squad ( :haw: ), the Timberland Aces:

but I think these newer guys are much better. I don't have a parts list handy, unless LDD has some good way of generating them that I don't know about. Also you'd probably be unlikely to be able to match the color scheme with real bricks anyway, since I don't concern myself with that at all. If there's a couple you really like, I can pull them back apart and count the part numbers for you, though.

edit - well what do you know

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B732nw9Uiqy8LW42ZElzblhOVG8/edit?usp=sharing

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 23, 2013

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Never stop being awesome, Captain Foo. These guys make me think of Carnage Heart's 4-legged OKE frames. I should get back into that game and finish the drat tutorial. It's several hours long, but necessary to learn the nuances of programming the robots.

I wonder if anyone's given any thought to making models of the Jaegers from Pacific Rim. I wish I had a constraction figure of Cherno Alpha.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anthraciteDragon posted:

These guys make me think of Carnage Heart's 4-legged OKE frames.

yessssssssssssss

man I remember playing just the demo for that game ages ago. What a fun little concept.

e- if you spent all your money on research you could get the 4-legged ones to play with on the 2nd to last turn of the demo

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/tag/3952613400.html
http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/tag/3952577128.html
http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/tag/3952556256.html

A local guy in my area is trying to sell some Lego store displays linked above, I would love to have the Monster Fighter one for my own collection but that is a tad high of a price. I had no idea people could get there hands on the display sets, is this a normal thing or fairly rare? I might try to talk him down on the MF set if I can figure out a good price for it.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Rythe posted:

http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/tag/3952613400.html
http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/tag/3952577128.html
http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/tag/3952556256.html

A local guy in my area is trying to sell some Lego store displays linked above, I would love to have the Monster Fighter one for my own collection but that is a tad high of a price. I had no idea people could get there hands on the display sets, is this a normal thing or fairly rare? I might try to talk him down on the MF set if I can figure out a good price for it.

I don't really think there's anything special about these offers. All you're really paying for is an assembled set and some plexiglass with decorations on it. I could see it being a bigger deal if it was a standee of a MF character. When we change our displays at LBR, we ask any of the employees if they want to take home any of the pieces that would otherwise be discarded. I got myself a nice LEGO City Miner standee out of that :3:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

So, turns out that youareoffthehook was right and the Bellevue Lego Store was actually closed for several weeks as they cleaned up from the flood damage. An article about it said that they were still 'open' for events like builds and stuff, doing them in front of the store, but the store itself was torn apart. I called them before a trip out there today, and they said they had re-opened on Friday.
Sadly, either they didn't have one or I missed a damaged-merch sale. I happened to pick up a Chima board game box that felt spongier than it should've and the tape was loose. Guess not everything that got wet got tossed.
They've changed the minifig magnets; instead of 3-packs for $15, now you get one for $6, and the magnet is entirely different; I couldn't tell through the packaging, but their legs aren't just glued to a standard 2x2 with offset hole like before. It looked like something that connected with the upper legs and the lower back.
They had some new Summer stuff, but most of it was still old stock. I'll probably go back in August and pick up the Tower of Orthanc with a fresh paycheck. It's just so...huge.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I've seen the store display sets on ebay fairly regularly here, but they usually are glued.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ika posted:

I've seen the store display sets on ebay fairly regularly here, but they usually are glued.

Drop me an email doctorwhosecretsanta <at> gmail.com

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Omicron Scorpinae - Model Q5 (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Does anyone have the Palace Cinema modular and would you recommend it over the Pet Shop?

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
I have the Palace Cinema set and thought it was a great build. I don't have the pet shop though so I can't compare it to that.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

AllisonByProxy posted:

I have the Palace Cinema set and thought it was a great build. I don't have the pet shop though so I can't compare it to that.

It looks fantastic, no question. Which ever one I choose will be my first modular and I think the Palace Cinema would still look great by itself. But, I do love the Pet Shop and I'm worried that I'll miss the boat on a soon to be discontinued set (if it isn't already).

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Lizard Combatant posted:

It looks fantastic, no question. Which ever one I choose will be my first modular and I think the Palace Cinema would still look great by itself. But, I do love the Pet Shop and I'm worried that I'll miss the boat on a soon to be discontinued set (if it isn't already).

The fire brigade is currently the oldest modular building that is still available. (At least it was still available a couple months ago.) After that there's the Grand Emporium, and only then the Pet Shop.

So if you want to move quickly on something, that would have to be the Fire Brigade. You'll have quite some time to get the Pet Shop, I think.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

uXs posted:

The fire brigade is currently the oldest modular building that is still available. (At least it was still available a couple months ago.) After that there's the Grand Emporium, and only then the Pet Shop.

So if you want to move quickly on something, that would have to be the Fire Brigade. You'll have quite some time to get the Pet Shop, I think.

Cool, thanks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I've got all four of the modulars and the Pet Shop may be my favourite, even though it's probably the least visually impressive.

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one
Anybody actually have the Delorean and have any thoughts on it yet?

I know it was supposed to go on sale at comic-con and I thought in Europe on the 18th. Lego.com has it out on Aug 1st in the U.S. I was really excited when they announced it on Cuosoo but the actual model doesn't look quite right. Went from a buy it as soon as possible to questionable.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Picked up 42009, the 2600 piece mobile crane yesterday when I was running errands and stopped in a Lego Store to see what they had. Spent 4 or 5 hours putting it together and I'm probably 2/3rds of the way done. It's pretty drat impressive so far, and the new(?) red 8T slip gears should be incredibly useful.

SonicYooth
Jun 13, 2005
I just grabbed this for $400 off craigslist and I've only seen Star Wars once. Can anyone tell me if I got an okay deal? The two items mentioned at the end without a number are the 7190 and 4483. They're all unopened and the boxes are in great shape.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I'm not at all knowledgeable, but from what I've heard it wouldn't surprise me if you could get your 400 bucks back (maybe even make a profit) just by selling the minifigs.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The shuttle is worth like 200$ alone now, and if they're all unopened then you're getting a great deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

SonicYooth posted:

I just grabbed this for $400 off craigslist and I've only seen Star Wars once. Can anyone tell me if I got an okay deal? The two items mentioned at the end without a number are the 7190 and 4483. They're all unopened and the boxes are in great shape.

Bricklink.com is your friend. For the record, that's a smoking deal. If you really have 4483 in a sealed box, that's close to your $400 right there. The cheapest MISB at bricklink is $310. You can probably get $400 at eBay (minus ~15% in Paypal/eBay fees). That Imperial Shuttle isn't the big UCS version that's going for $300+, it's the cheaper one, but it's still worth about $100 MISB.

einTier fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 24, 2013