Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Enough of the dumb derail, back to posting panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Batman and Robin Catwoman #22: Batman just helped Catwoman save a little girl's life.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I thought this moment was a bit sweet from this weeks All New X-men, since Alex and the present Scott haven't exactly been close. Was a chance to feel like he had a normal relationship with his brother for once.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

Batman and Robin Catwoman #22: Batman just helped Catwoman save a little girl's life.

You know, I'm reminded of some graphic novel called Batman and the Dragon or something, about Batman in China, and how a major plot point was that Batman didn't speak Chinese. I remember thinking that modern writers would never let that fly, and Batman would just speak whatever language he needs to because he's Batman.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Well if Batman just got out of a situation where he was in trouble because he didn't speak a language I think the first thing he'd do would be learn that language.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

Well if Batman just got out of a situation where he was in trouble because he didn't speak a language I think the first thing he'd do would be learn that language.

That just feeds into the idea that Batman is so awesome that learning a whole loving language is something he can do in his spare time with no problems while running a corporation and fighting crime.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

McCloud posted:

I thought this moment was a bit sweet from this weeks All New X-men, since Alex and the present Scott haven't exactly been close. Was a chance to feel like he had a normal relationship with his brother for once.

I actually really liked that moment - that Young Scott has enough empathy to see how disappointed Alex is at the way his relationship with his brother has gone, and to do something about it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

That just feeds into the idea that Batman is so awesome that learning a whole loving language is something he can do in his spare time with no problems while running a corporation and fighting crime.

Please, when's the last time Bruce actually ran Wayne Enterprises? I thought he just held the majority of the stock and let Lucius Fox handle the day-to-day stuff.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TwoPair posted:

Please, when's the last time Bruce actually ran Wayne Enterprises? I thought he just held the majority of the stock and let Lucius Fox handle the day-to-day stuff.
That's what I assumed as well.

Still insane that he just learned Mandarin, but it's in character for Batman, at least.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Colon V posted:

That's what I assumed as well.

Still insane that he just learned Mandarin, but it's in character for Batman, at least.

I had just figured that since he'd already traveled throughout the Orient while he was training he'd have picked up some of the languages along the way.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TwoPair posted:

Is kind of jarring to see a well-adjusted Batman after the colossal douche that he was for three issues.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

From Superman Batman 2 that came out this week: There's a bad guy that can cross dimensions, and brought Batman and Superman to Earth. Superman meets his Earth 2 counterpart at his parents farm and starts freaking out, when this happens.

God bless you Ma

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
That is a nice scene, but I'm a little confused. Didn't Earth 2's Superman get explodo by Steppenwolfe's parademons? Or is this set before that?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Which Superman is even Earth 2's?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Which Superman is even Earth 2's?

The one in the actual suit. Earth 1's is rockin' the T-shirt/jeans look from the beginning of Action Comics.

Milotic posted:

That is a nice scene, but I'm a little confused. Didn't Earth 2's Superman get explodo by Steppenwolfe's parademons? Or is this set before that?

Before. Earth 2's Batman (the one married to Catwoman) is also around. You get to see their lives... before, y'know, explodo.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
http://imgur.com/gallery/tV19B

gallery of images about Mr Fantastic and a guy dying from cancer

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Which book is that? I will read it right now.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Hakkesshu posted:

Which book is that? I will read it right now.

I don't know exactly, the first is from around the tie of Civil War, judging by the art, the second more recent. It was a different writer going back and doing the call back I think

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Fried Chicken posted:

My place just got very dusty all of a sudden. Yes. It's dust.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.
I'm not totally sure on this, but I *think* the first part is the Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa/Steve McNiven run on the Marvel Knights Fantastic Four.

e: Yeah, #4 according to the internet. I don't remember the second part but it's probably still that same run considering McNiven only did 7 issues.

Adam Strange fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 4, 2013

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Fried Chicken posted:

Aw, gently caress you man, that's just brutal. Seriously, all the panels that have been posted in this thread, none of them have killed me like that bunch did.

I need a cuppa.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That's amazing. After my respect was a little low for Reed, I feel a lot better about him now. Wow.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I had a friend who'd had cancer for pretty much all his life, he died a little over a year back, but me and him both got into comics around the time Aguirre-Sacasa's Marvel Knights: 4 started and issue 4 was a big thing for him, I had no idea it had ever been followed up on because I wasn't reading the series at the time. Thank you for linking that.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Fried Chicken posted:

Good lord.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
That run gets a bum rap because Jemas was pushing for it over Waid/Ringo's FF, but - while Waid/Ringo's FF is an all-time classic, Marvel Knights 4 was dang good in its own right.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fried Chicken posted:

I knew what this was going in and it still wrecked me. Goddamn you.

:negative:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Colon V posted:

I knew what this was going in and it still wrecked me. Goddamn you.

:negative:

Goddamn, why is it so dusty in this thread all the time? Someone call Lowtax and complain, we need cleaning ladies or something. It's just...Just dust, in my eyes. That's all.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Fried Chicken posted:

Everyone else is getting teary-eyed about Reed keeping his promise to sit with a dying man. I'm wondering if him ignoring Susan's call led to others dying. I may be too cynical.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

Everyone else is getting teary-eyed about Reed keeping his promise to sit with a dying man. I'm wondering if him ignoring Susan's call led to others dying. I may be too cynical.

Probably. Eh, gently caress em.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

:( My dad had throat cancer. He got better, but he still kind of... he felt he had to say and do certain things in case he didn't. This hits me hard.

FredMSloniker posted:

Probably not, but it's bound to have consequences. Reed ignoring his family to do things he feels are necessary is a theme with him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Probably not the best time to post the other Reed vs Cancer issue where he shrinks a submarine down, drives it into an old man's brain and goes to fight all the cancer with his bare hands, and wins.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Fried Chicken posted:

Crying a bit at this. So good :smith:

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

SynthOrange posted:

Probably not the best time to post the other Reed vs Cancer issue where he shrinks a submarine down, drives it into an old man's brain and goes to fight all the cancer with his bare hands, and wins.

That's the *one* issue of Hickman's F4/FF run I didn't like.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Another sweet Fantastic Four moment I always enjoyed - for backstory, this is from the Fantastic Four vs. X-Men mini-series, in which Kitty Pryde has lost control of her phasing power and looks set to drift away into nothingness. Reed has discovered an old journal he has no memory of writing that claims he knowingly flew himself, Sue, Ben and Johnny into the storm of Cosmic Rays, which has hugely strained relations within the group. Since Reed is basically falling apart the X-Men have turned to Doctor Doom to try and save Kitty. During Reed's darkest moment:

Fantastic Four vs. X-Men #3

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 5, 2013

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

d00gZ posted:

That's the *one* issue of Hickman's F4/FF run I didn't like.
Yep. That *really* rubbed me the wrong way.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Fried Chicken posted:

Jesus my dad just died a few months ago from cancer. I held his hand as he passed away. This is a little too raw. Goddamnit comics. Quit making me feel things.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Superior Carnage #2. Context is that the Wizard is trying to start a new Frightful Four with Carnage in it. Currently, Kasady is brain dead, so Wizard is trying to control the consciousness of the symbiote itself. Wizard appears to be goofier than normal, like labeling a picture of Black Tarantula as "AGENT VENOM" and freaking out at Klaw when corrected.

:smith:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

What happened to Bentley? Why is he now in a wheelchair and (apparently) his mid-twenties?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ManiacClown posted:

What happened to Bentley? Why is he now in a wheelchair and (apparently) his mid-twenties?

That isn't Bently, it's some other scientist dude who Wizard got to be apart of his Frightful Four.

More importantly, he's apparently the new Carnage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

ManiacClown posted:

That's Dr. Karl Malus, new Frightful Four member.