Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
So I'm playing and having a great time, take a break for lunch, come back, and the game crashes to desktop when loading the game, don't even get to the title screen.

I've deactivated ALL mods including all DLC, and it still does it. Is there a crash report somewhere I can look at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Ak Gara posted:

So I'm playing and having a great time, take a break for lunch, come back, and the game crashes to desktop when loading the game, don't even get to the title screen.

I've deactivated ALL mods including all DLC, and it still does it. Is there a crash report somewhere I can look at?

If you're playing the Steam version, try verifying your game cache integrity. Something might have gotten corrupted. Other than that, that's pretty drat weird.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Turning off mods in the mod manager just unloads the esp, so any mods that added/changed files will still be changed. I'll try redownloading.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

drat, I just got this for pc and was eager to start modding but I can't even get NMM to download! Are there any alternate sources or links I can try until the ddos attacks slow down?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you know the name of the mod you can google and hope someone else has an up to date mirror, but almost everything is on Nexus. I think the only mods I use that aren't are DarnUI and some of the ones linked in the OP of this thread.

I've had some success doing this when authors pitch a shitfit and set all their files to hidden, so it's possible, but very slow. Then again, Nexus is also very slow right now :haw:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ak Gara posted:

Try deleting your .inis.

Rare Collectable posted:

drat, I just got this for pc and was eager to start modding but I can't even get NMM to download! Are there any alternate sources or links I can try until the ddos attacks slow down?

Use FOMM instead.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Thankfully the best mod for FNV is not only not on Nexus, it's not even allowed on it :haw:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
After reading the 'awful game mods' thread I'm not sure I want to know what it is.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
But... but it's my mod :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As long as it doesn't contain the phrases 'tit milking' or 'dick physics' I'm sure it's better than anything in that thread.

edit: But really, why did The Armory get removed from the Nexus? Are they just big jerks? I'm assuming they don't like compilation stuff.

Naky posted:

We never put it on Nexus in the first place. We knew it wasn't allowed.

That makes sense!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 23, 2013

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Fortunately The Armoury is packaged with dick physics so you don't need a separate download

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

CJacobs posted:

As long as it doesn't contain the phrases 'tit milking' or 'dick physics' I'm sure it's better than anything in that thread.

edit: But really, why did The Armory get removed from the Nexus? Are they just big jerks? I'm assuming they don't like compilation stuff.

We never put it on Nexus in the first place. We knew it wasn't allowed.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Why isn't it allowed?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eruonen posted:

Why isn't it allowed?

It liberally takes a bunch of weapons from other mods and makes a sweet somgesboard with them. Same with the Armor Cabinet I think. Nexus frowns on that without express permission from the authors.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So, when can someone put up some Goon-made mods on that SA Torrent site? With the maker's permission, of course.

Lieutenant_Hawkeye
Jul 22, 2013
I bought NV in the summer sale cause of this thread, it is (so far) quite good

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

FauxGateau posted:

It liberally takes a bunch of weapons from other mods and makes a sweet somgesboard with them. Same with the Armor Cabinet I think. Nexus frowns on that without express permission from the authors.
Well, other mods and other games, right? Nexus doesn't want people taking content from commercial games without permission and hosting it there - that's kind of a no-no.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

FauxGateau posted:

I just downloaded the armory and now my FOMM won't work after install anymore. Just creates a crashdump report. The game still works just fine though and I'm looking forward to playing through with all the new guns.

Is the armor pack worth it too? I really don't want to make the game too easy by getting end game loot straight off.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Has anybody figured out how to make Weapon Animation Replacers not look so wonky in first-person? Assault rifle animations are a definite improvement over vanilla, but iron sights on rifles makes the camera clip through my character's arm and I don't even know how to describe how jacked up all the pistol animations look.

Horns fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 24, 2013

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Horns posted:

Has anybody figured out how to make Weapon Animation Replacers not look so wonky in first-person? Assault rifle animations are a definite improvement over vanilla, but iron sights on rifles makes the camera clip through my character's arm and I don't even know how to describe how jacked up all the pistol animations look.

Erm. Something's wrong then. It didn't install right or something because they're not supposed to be messed up like that.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Horns posted:

You may be using an armour that is incorrectly configured for first-person and the animations simply exacerbate the problem.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Urgh. I went through the process of rebuilding the FOMOD again with Gopher's guide (once I solved the 'missing source' error that kept popping up in FOMM). First-person rifle and pistol animations look a lot better, but pistols are still a little weird. When I go into iron sights it looks like my character's hand descends from the top of the screen. It does this with all the optional animations except for core. Not sure what the problem is.

Using 100% vanilla armor and weapons (minus texture replacers for the latter, which shouldn't be an issue anyway) for testing purposes.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

For some reason the AG supplementary weapons mod makes me crash whenever I try to enter the vault 11 living area. It's really annoying, and it's like the only items mod I use so I don't want to disable it.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

I just want to pop in and say that Tale of Two Wastelands+jsawyer+WMX (with the TTW compatibility patch) is a great experience and you should totally try it out. Also, it's surprisingly stable, for the most part.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

RESIDENTS OF GOODSPRINGS.

You're welcome.

I know a lot of people have already asked the same question and I don't want to force you to share, but drat I would kill for a good armor/satchel combo (please don't mention that Saboteur rip with the horrible pants). Can you share an armor in a way that wouldn't force one to use the GECK, like dump it in Doc Mitchell's sink Millenia style ? I don't know if what i'm asking is difficult, but it would be really appreciated. :)

quote:

I just want to pop in and say that Tale of Two Wastelands+jsawyer+WMX (with the TTW compatibility patch) is a great experience and you should totally try it out. Also, it's surprisingly stable, for the most part.

You probably already know about it, but be very careful with Operation Anchorage. Last time I checked, TTW had a game-breaking bug at the end of the simulation.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Eraflure posted:

You probably already know about it, but be very careful with Operation Anchorage. Last time I checked, TTW had a game-breaking bug at the end of the simulation.

There's a mod to fix that, ttw2oachasefixcorrected.esp. http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/anchorage-glitches I was stuck at the end fight without it.

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012

FirstPersonShitter posted:

For some reason the AG supplementary weapons mod makes me crash whenever I try to enter the vault 11 living area. It's really annoying, and it's like the only items mod I use so I don't want to disable it.

I had the same problem. The weapon that's found there causes crashes when trying to enter the area, no idea why. I ended up having to delete the placement of it in the vault using FNVEdit, then consoling it in.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I ended up just disabling the mod, doing vault 11, then reenabling it. I found a broken k-23 LSW, i assume from the uniques mod, but my googling is not telling me anything about how to fix it.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Would it be a good idea to just nuke my NV install and start over for TTW? My load order is pretty cluttered already and I imagine a lot of it probably isn't compatible.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Even after a reinstall of FOMM, it starts and crashdumps immediately. This happened after I installed the Armory. What can I do to unbreak this?

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Anyone want to recommend me just 2-3 mods to go with JSawyer? I am getting ready to play through the game modded for the first time and there's so many in the OP I just kind of shrink into a ball and rock back and forth keening.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Eraflure posted:

I know a lot of people have already asked the same question and I don't want to force you to share, but drat I would kill for a good armor/satchel combo (please don't mention that Saboteur rip with the horrible pants). Can you share an armor in a way that wouldn't force one to use the GECK, like dump it in Doc Mitchell's sink Millenia style ? I don't know if what i'm asking is difficult, but it would be really appreciated. :)

I've got no idea how to deposit things in the game world, but I think I know enough about the GECK to make the satchel standalone so you can combine it with whatever armor you please. I'll see what I can do tonight :)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Has there been any big mod collections put together by goons yet? I remember someone did a really awesome one for Oblivion a loooong time ago and I'm hoping someones put together something neat for New Vegas by now.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Is there any place where one can go to look for weapon mods for The Armory's weapons or should I just keep refreshing Gun Runners? I'd like to pimp out my M14 EBR but I haven't had any luck finding mods for it yet.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Eraflure posted:

I didn't actually, thanks! I wasn't planning on ever ever doing Operation Anchorage, since it is literally the antithesis of what makes Fo3/NV good, but now I know not to doubly.

Horns posted:

Would it be a good idea to just nuke my NV install and start over for TTW? My load order is pretty cluttered already and I imagine a lot of it probably isn't compatible.

From my limited experience, I would say it's probably safer to keep things simple with TTW. It's a bit of a touchy mod, since it reaches into almost every bit of the game in some way. WMX, jsawyer (weirdly), and IWS all work fine, but that's about all I use besides small things, and even then I suffer increased crash rates.

JonathonSpectre posted:

Anyone want to recommend me just 2-3 mods to go with JSawyer? I am getting ready to play through the game modded for the first time and there's so many in the OP I just kind of shrink into a ball and rock back and forth keening.

I'm a babby when it comes to NV modding, but I've found IWS and WMX to be very significant additions and worthwhile for a long game assuming you want a challenge, and they keep the vanilla experience pretty much intact. Also get Weapon Animation Replacer. I'm sure that some of the thread veterans can clue you in to more good ones, assuming you want to add on.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

JonathonSpectre posted:

Cirosan's Classic Overhaul

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

JonathonSpectre posted:

I'd personally recommend plugins from Cirosan's Classic Overhaul (CCO), maybe WMX, maybe the "core" module of Project Nevada (which adds some hotkeys and basic features that work nicely with the other mods, like the ability to sprint and "quick"-throw grenades), and DarnifiedUI. I'd actually recommend several other mods, but those four are a nice core and a good start.

Reason posted:

Has there been any big mod collections put together by goons yet? I remember someone did a really awesome one for Oblivion a loooong time ago and I'm hoping someones put together something neat for New Vegas by now.

Nope. Every so often the question gets asked, but the general consensus is that Gamebryo-based mod collections don't usually work very well for the amount of work required to assemble, maintain, and install them. Previous Oblivion modding threads are a good example of this: When FCOM/TCOM came out, the thread basically turned into a 24/7 troubleshooting forum for people who couldn't figure out how to successfully install the compilation, had corrupted installations that were pretty much impossible to troubleshoot, or wanted to know how to cherry-pick features from the overhaul without installing everything...only to realize that they spent more time trying to use FCOM/TCOM than if they had simply installed the mods manually.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 25, 2013

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

I've got no idea how to deposit things in the game world, but I think I know enough about the GECK to make the satchel standalone so you can combine it with whatever armor you please. I'll see what I can do tonight :)

Niiice.

JonathonSpectre posted:

1) Let BOSS sort out your mod order.
1 bis) Download NVSE and the NVSE compatible 4 GB loader.
2) Project Nevada + JSawyer + Cirosan Classic Overhaul makes the difficulty perfect. Playable on Super Hard if you enjoy super deadly fights on both sides, but you actually need to build your dude for combat. You can also play it on Normal if you don't enjoy dying all the time, it's still challenging enough.
3) Radio Active Channel Extender : allows you to create your own radio with songs from the game or from your favorite Norvegian death metal band, whatever suits you. Installation can be time consuming, but it's definitely worth it.
4) Spice of Life is great, but the Low Profile Armor Mod linked in the OP is great too, and that one doesn't require creepy custom body textures.
5) Nevada Skies is amazing immersion wise. I strongly suggest playing it with a brighter pip boy / flashlight mod.
6) Weapon retexture project from fellow goon Millenia. Just look at the pictures. LOOK AT THEM.
7) Some kind of texture pack. I can't tell you which ones I use because I don't have access to my load order right now, but I would prioritize one that fixes the horrible vanilla faces.
I think I use that one, too.

Those mods are all very stable (in my experience) and ~lore-friendly~, and they should be compatible with whatever mods you choose to add later on.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
It is worth noting that on a PN core + Jsawyer + CCO run on the hardest difficulty, you're going to need to use companions. I usually tag at least one weapon skill and invest in perks and stats that allow me to have more than one companion running around with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/51087/

Released a G3/SG1 w/ 3 mods & custom sounds and all that good stuff :v