Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
www.amazon.com
Nov 5, 2012
I think any air will do... If you wanna share your story of using a speedbumb at high speed as a jump then that's fine. Although I think something minimal like that should wait a bit if nothing better gets posted.

I really hope to see someone hucking off a loading dock on their sumo.. Too bad I can't give bonus points.

www.amazon.com fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Props for driving your scooter into a creek! I was just going to take a picture of my bike not triggering the induction loop sensor at the parking garage.

Do the people posting from phones a favor, and make the challenge bold and surrounded with siren tags.

[b ][/b ] (remove the extra spaces)

:siren : (remove the extra space)

That makes it easier to spot.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Trying to think of where I could do this on the Uly that isn't a giant speedbump (we call those Buelljumps).

Maybe this is my excuse to dust off the enduro...

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RktYU4IG7_k

Don't worry about it, unless this one comes up again ;). This is a little bump over a creek that I was pretty sure I was getting air going over in the past, but I couldn't tell. I went to do a few runs and actually thought I'd failed but when I watched the video I got it first try. Baby's first air.

:siren: It's been pretty hot out...Your bike with/at a nice place to cool off.:siren:

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

nsaP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RktYU4IG7_k

Don't worry about it, unless this one comes up again ;). This is a little bump over a creek that I was pretty sure I was getting air going over in the past, but I couldn't tell. I went to do a few runs and actually thought I'd failed but when I watched the video I got it first try. Baby's first air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6Na4NH7J8

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

www.amazon.com posted:

I ended up going out and I was going to drive into a creek and see of that was stuck enough. Appears that wasn't necessary. I drove into a Creek and I ended up not being able to get up the other bank. So I got stuck anyways. Never seen my scooter smoke so much as when I just did this. guessing it was creek water on the exhaust.

:siren:The next game is to either have a picture of you getting whatever you ride in the air.. or if you don't have anyone to take a picture.... get a picture of your ride next to something you got air off of.

And so I don't alienate anyone... If your bike can't, or you don't want to jump... take a picture next to a ski lift.
:siren:

Dammit! My DRZ will be done tomorrow, and there's a big set of stairs I've been jumping off of, buuuuuut I'm gonna be working pretty much all day and all night tomorrow. Saturday though :rms:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

At least...lol

Found out I can do slow mo on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlABQnJ5fL0

I'm a regular Evel Knievel

nsaP fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 25, 2013

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

I went to the lake, but it was closed. Frozen yogurt shop, instead.

:siren:your bike at a shop specializiing in your region's food:siren:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I went to the lake, but it was closed. Frozen yogurt shop, instead.

I'm not so sure that Ohio is known for any food other than the abomination that Cincinnati calls chili.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

astrollinthepork posted:

I'm not so sure that Ohio is known for any food other than the abomination that Cincinnati calls chili.

You take that back you son of a bitch.

Lol, glad to see this moving on, I didn't think this challenge would take so long with the heat in the States and in Europe.

Cincinnati also has goetta :)

edit: just saw this:

www.amazon.com posted:

I really hope to see someone hucking off a loading dock on their sumo.. Too bad I can't give bonus points.

Sorry you got my 2 inches but this challenge should come up again. We have enough sumo bros here that it shouldn't be hard to get this. The steeper creek crossings I know of have harder turns into them to stop people from going too fast and speed humps are lame. It's a short run coming up to this and a turn right after, and you can hear I'm already near the top of 2nd. I don't have the stones or the skillz to get more air.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 18, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

astrollinthepork posted:

Noble Roman's

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I really don't want to a take a picture next to a god awful Primantis.. Pittsburgh has the worst food.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Partial Octopus posted:

I really don't want to a take a picture next to a god awful Primantis.. Pittsburgh has the worst food.

You take that back you son of a bitch.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

astrollinthepork posted:

Melt Bar and Grilled is the best thing we have to offer, if you're within 2 hours of Cleveland you owe it to yourself to try it out.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I thought about finding a trendy korean-beef-sauerkraut taco truck, but there is nothing more SoCal regional than In-N-Out.
Also pictured: my newer, tidier, fender-less tail.

:siren: Your bike hanging out with a large or strange animal :siren:
There's always a weird ostrich farm or llama ranch hidden out on a curvy back road somewhere. Go get weird looks from people by taking a photo of your bike there!
Big dogs/housepets don't count, unless you have a goddamned puma or something!

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 19, 2013

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Awesome. There was an In-n-out burger by my apartment in SoCal. Someone had shot out the "B" and the "R" at some point, so at night, the sign lit up to say "IN-N-OUT URGE ".

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

"IN-N-OUT URGE ".

Funny, this describes me at all times, living in a non-IN-N-OUT state.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I've been living overseas for the past 7 years, so any time I stop in Cali or AZ I have to stop in to get my fix. Some rear end in a top hat has been pasting In-N-Out stickers all over the GI bars in Korea so every time I take a piss I have something else to be depressed about :(

We have weird little raccoon tanuki-like guys we call Benjo Wookies (Benjo=Poop/Sewage Trench) AKA tanuki, but they are pretty ninja, so I'll have to go hunting.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Rode out looking for a camel that I always see in my hometown, no such luck :qq:

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

How about this:

Dont know exactly what type of cow? these are, I went out looking for an Alpaca farm that was supposed to be in the area but could only find these big hairy things instead.

:siren: Your bike silhouetted in a scenic sunset :siren:

On a beach, mountains in the background - somewhere you've got to ride to.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

grunthaas posted:

How about this:

Those are sweet reverse drag bars on that guy. Just the sort of strange unknown beast I was hoping for.

nullscan posted:

We have weird little raccoon tanuki-like guys we call Benjo Wookies (Benjo=Poop/Sewage Trench) AKA tanuki, but they are pretty ninja, so I'll have to go hunting.

I'm still keen to see whatever this is :catstare:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

grunthaas posted:

How about this:

Dont know exactly what type of cow? these are, I went out looking for an Alpaca farm that was supposed to be in the area but could only find these big hairy things instead.

I goddamn love your bike, I've never seen one in NZ.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I'm still keen to see whatever this is :catstare:

Here's a reasonably tame one that was up by my office on base. He was just kind of hanging out looking for handouts. I'm not sure if the base vet captures these or what, but there are a few of them here. They are raccoon dogs and I was unable to find one in time for a photoshoot :(.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

It's like a bear and a porcupine had a baby. I want one.

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Slavvy posted:

I goddamn love your bike, I've never seen one in NZ.

Havent had it long and it surprised me how much fun it is. Ive always had sports bikes before and this one is no where near as fast but its really grunty and wants to be 'ridden with spirit'. Only problem Ive got with it is that it loves to drink oil, spec is up to 1l / 1000(m/km?) but it feels like feeding a two stroke sometimes.

Shame you dont get them over there, it would be a perfect bike for touring around your neck of the woods. Ive still got that XJ600 at my mates in Taupo - next time Im back I might be looking for a bike like the TDM.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

grunthaas posted:

Overlooking downtown Bellingham and Bellingham Bay, after riding the new scooter over 100 miles to get there (on a 125cc).

:siren::siren: Your bike at a distillery :siren::siren:

And if nobody can get it in a week or two or whatever then a brewery or winery I guess

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

loving BAM

The Black Velvet distillery. Manufacturers of this fine gutrot:

As part of my job, I do a ton with this plant. Really cool guys and I can honestly say if you drink this stuff, I had a little bit to do with it. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing though. :ohdear:

New challenge:

:siren: YOUR BIKE PARKED IN FRONT OF A SNACK/CANDY MASS MANUFACTURING PLANT :siren:

Something like a potato chip plant, chocolate/candy bar plant, mass bakery (like Hostess, Little Debby), that kind of thing. Bonus with a photo of what that plant is known for.

I also humbly suggest a change to the rules:

If after 1 week the challenge is not completed, the challenge maker should be able to (but not obligated) to complete the challenge themselves. Reason being I suspect that most people who post challenges have something in mind themselves when they post it.

Thoughts? Might also help with the game to flow.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Gat dammit where were you on Sunday, I went to the kickass St. George Spirits/Hangar 1 distillery in Alameda CA. Incidentally, right next to the lot that mythbusters do a bunch of their tests in! $15 for a tour and tasting wasn't too bad, and their absinthe is like herb juice.

If my bike wasn't going on the truck today/tomorrow I'd go to the jelly belly factory, but oh well.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

slidebite posted:

loving BAM

The Black Velvet distillery. Manufacturers of this fine gutrot:

As part of my job, I do a ton with this plant. Really cool guys and I can honestly say if you drink this stuff, I had a little bit to do with it. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing though. :ohdear:

New challenge:

:siren: YOUR BIKE PARKED IN FRONT OF A SNACK/CANDY MASS MANUFACTURING PLANT :siren:

Something like a potato chip plant, chocolate/candy bar plant, mass bakery (like Hostess, Little Debby), that kind of thing. Bonus with a photo of what that plant is known for.

I also humbly suggest a change to the rules:

If after 1 week the challenge is not completed, the challenge maker should be able to (but not obligated) to complete the challenge themselves. Reason being I suspect that most people who post challenges have something in mind themselves when they post it.

Thoughts? Might also help with the game to flow.

drat, I was gonna do distillery, brewery, and winery in the same trip! I was gonna refinish my kitchen counter top tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll find one reason or another to procrastinate and riding around industrial estates off the north circular looking for bombay mix factories sounds as good a reason as any.

I like your idea, and I think you're right. I know I have things in mind when I've posted a challenge, and I want to see what others interpretation is. If it turns out to be too obscure, you might as well reveal your cunning plan and come up with something simpler.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 29, 2013

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I'm glad someone else got the Distillery one, because Google Maps says there's a distillery here.

I couldn't find corroborating evidence, though.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

slidebite posted:

Does gum count?.

It smelled like Spearmint.

:siren:YOUR BIKE ON TOP OF A DAM :siren:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Akion posted:

Does gum count?.

That's cool, I went to a town in Holland that smelled like cocoa because of a chocolate the factory at the edge of town. I was going to go to the Mars manufactory in Slough today but my countertop took all drat day (and it was raining all day anyway).

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Akion posted:

Does gum count?.

You better make it yourself, DHS has closed down every dam within a thousand miles of me, sometimes going so far as to close the road LEADING to the dam. I'll see if I can't find a levee or some other flood control device that looks similar.

There went all my crazy plans of poisoning the water supply.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Where do you live?

There's one fairly close to me you can drive over.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

nsaP posted:

Where do you live?

There's one fairly close to me you can drive over.

North Carolina. I found a reservoir wall that looks like it'll count. Only about an hour away. I'll be close to that direction tomorrow AM; we'll see what happens.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Akion posted:

I'm going to get an incredible one on Thursday if the challenge is still standing.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

You better make it yourself, DHS has closed down every dam within a thousand miles of me, sometimes going so far as to close the road LEADING to the dam. I'll see if I can't find a levee or some other flood control device that looks similar.

There went all my crazy plans of poisoning the water supply.

Technically I could have completed my own challenge on the way home, as I drive over Buford Dam here in Georgia. It's technically a "No stopping here" zone, but I'd think I can manage a quick stop-and-pic due to a bike "malfunction".

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Akion posted:

Does gum count?.

:argh:

And I crossed a dam to get there too.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Gotta get that Awful app, you woulda known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axia
Nov 15, 2005

The future is now.

Deeters posted:

:argh:

And I crossed a dam to get there too.

Oh my god! Do you get free pez?!

• Locked thread