Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Paperhouse posted:

Eric Cantona playing crossbar challenge in a rugby match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97GbpNHGlTo

:allears:

It's a half Rubgy- half Football match between Toulon and OM :psyduck:

This is crazier than denim.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jul 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5sWfPCqvqg

Big Per dancing is amazing

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Giroud throwing his shorts into the crowd is the best thing ever :blush:

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

It's a half Rubgy- half Football match between Toulon and OM :psyduck:

This is crazier than denim.

That is how the first ever football match was played.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
typical eurotrash, socks and sandals.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm glad they're having a good time and taking funny pictures for their fans before their inevitably disappointing and trophyless season begins and their fans turn on them for not pulling their weight, until next season's Asia/USA tour helps fans forget their crap season thanks to some Wenger and Podolski in funny clothing pics. Snake eating its own tail and all that.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
http://blog.kickdex.com/post/56157934804/the-perfect-assist

Visualisation of where Premier League assists originate from (based on Opta data)

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Otto Schwab, 98, one of the first Bayern members ever an currently the holder of the membership card #1 visited Bayern Munichs new museum in the Allianz Arena today.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Are they finally doing a remark of Babylon 5?!

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Otto Schwab, 98, one of the first Bayern members ever an currently the holder of the membership card #1 visited Bayern Munichs new museum in the Allianz Arena today.

That's Cool As Hell

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Awesome.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

T. Finninho posted:

That's Cool As Hell

He was probably a big time Nazi, mate.

Here's Sporting's oldest living member (nş5), Maria de Lourdes Borges de Castro, who's been with Sporting for 90 years and was honored this year in the stadium by the president:

Definately not a nazi.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 25, 2013

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
What did that cheeky scamp get up to in 1940s?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Here's Sporting's oldest living member (nş5), Maria de Lourdes Borges de Castro, who's been with Sporting for 90 years and was honored this year in the stadium by the president:

Definately not a nazi.

She misses the Estado Novo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Definately not a nazi.

Never trust someone with 3 last names imo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Definately not a nazi.

Castro?Probably a commie.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

CisSTAR 19 posted:

She misses the Estado Novo.

Just like all the other Sporting fans. :godwin:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'd never seen this picture before, I like it a lot.

edit: also cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKT6a8XmwgY

Hoops fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 25, 2013

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Blue Screen Error posted:

What did that cheeky scamp get up to in 1940s?

Exactly the first thing I thought.

For content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlflmSa4kC8

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Large post incoming...

Pies are doing an excellent series at the moment called "The Black and White Years" featuring old photographs from selected grounds. The latest one is Old Wembley. Unfortunatly, they've said there's not enough photos to do one about Anfield.

Others in the series so far have been:
Highbury
Stamford Bridge
Goodison Park
White Hart Lane

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mickolution posted:

Large post incoming...

Pies are doing an excellent series at the moment called "The Black and White Years" featuring old photographs from selected grounds. The latest one is Old Wembley. Unfortunatly, they've said there's not enough photos to do one about Anfield.

This loving owns, thanks for sharing! I love these kind of pictures.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

This one is my favourite

I haven't had a chance to look through the other ones properly, I'm sure they're all as good, but Wembley is the one that interested me most.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Love the Highbury series, thanks for sharing.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Love old photos of football grounds. Here's Villa Park in 1907:

And 45 years later:

GOOD HONEST BEER

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Jesus, I forget how much of a twat Giroud is. Toss up between him and Anderson for sheer twattiness I reckon

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Hallowed Turban posted:

Jesus, I forget how much of a twat Giroud is. Toss up between him and Anderson for sheer twattiness I reckon
Both are also sheer quality.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGvt579dXJc

This is me.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
She's crying because she thought Liverpool was the one with Ronaldo.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Ranges

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I thought Anita having his name tattooed on his arm was bad enough. Must be something about Newcastle

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Getting tattooed on the face sounds like it'd hurt like a bitch.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

when was the last time Nile Ranger even played a game of football

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

TelekineticBear! posted:

This, he's more of a full-time rapist than a footballer now tbh.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

TelekineticBear! posted:

He's been busy with other hobbies tbh

quote:

In 2007, at the age of 15, he was sentenced to 11 weeks in a young offenders institute after being convicted of participating in street robbery in Muswell Hill, London.
On 27 August 2011 he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a man in Newcastle city centre leaving the victim unconscious in the street, but was found not guilty of this in trial in October 2012.[15]
In October 2011 he was charged with being drunk and disorderly in Newcastle's Cathedral Square. The charge came only days after Ranger had been reinstated to Newcastle United's first-team training after a three-month exile in the club's reserves.[16] In March 2012 he was convicted of being drunk and disorderly and was given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £135 costs.[17][better source needed] Prior to this, in May 2011 Ranger was questioned by Newcastle after posing with a replica gun in a photograph.[18][better source needed] The gun was later handed in.[19][better source needed]
In March 2012, he was fined by The FA for making homophobic comments on social networking website Twitter.[20] Later in the month he was arrested once more, this time for breaching terms of his bail whilst awaiting trial on four assault charges.[17]
In the early hours of 23 September 2012, police were called to a house in Enfield, north London after reports of a disturbance. The front door of the property was badly damaged and Ranger was arrested at the scene and later charged with criminal damage.[21] The charge against Ranger was dropped in November 2012 after the court accepted his explanation that he had damaged the door after fearing his girlfriend was being kidnapped.[22]
On 25 January 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of rape in a Newcastle hotel room.[23] In connection with the same alleged offence, Ranger was charged with rape on 8 July 2013.[24]
On 14 March 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of assault.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

sounds like a right top geezer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I literally signed him for my notts county team and he became a club legend in short order, thus continuing our ongoing legacy of convict strikers.

also the BBC are still fantastic at picking images

• Locked thread