Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Red posted:

- A super thin plot: The Monarch and his henchmen show up at the Venture compound, get caught, and try to back out.

But you get "Then by god, LETS GO TAKE A DUMP IN HIS POOL!"
But I actually think that it was a worthwhile episode just because it shows the Depth the Monarch hates Rusty; he would risk everything he has just to hate-gently caress a robot with Rusty's face on it. And Dermott shoving a lighter up his rear end. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I think people don't like Spanikopita because it isn't heavy on the popular characters and takes place outside any of the normal settings. I really liked the backstory portions of it and I think there were a lot of good jokes in there.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

X_Toad posted:

Don't forget "Public school, Hank! Public. School." Also, "Give me the prize! I am the one!", which is even more awesome now because it really looks like Hank still believes it.

Dean really should have reminded him about the whole "We used all the remaining clone slugs when the compound was being attacked 2 years ago" thing, because I have a feeling that armed with this new knowledge Hank is 2 minutes away from grabbing his Bat costume and trying to fly again.

quote:

Speaking of, any spot for Dean in Shallow Gravy now that he may start getting out a little more? Guitar? Drummer? Lyricist perhaps?

He's the dancer in their videos, remember.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Went to the local customs office today to get my first shirt package. I accepted it after the guy told me he'd make sure I'd only have to pay VAT once. I thought it was HankCo and Palaemon only but Urgh was hidden inside the Palaemon shirt. Hurray.

I guess that explains the second tracking email that never went anywhere.

I'm curious whether they'll actually send the rest in one go now or if I have to visit that nice man for the next weeks with my receipt. Destiny should be next I guess.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Filthy Haiku posted:

Dermott shoving a lighter up his rear end. :haw:
Okay now I believe you're Hank's friend.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ror posted:

Gas leak. The silent killer.

Running with scissors. (That was Dean, right? I haven't watched it in forever.)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

RandomPauI posted:

Speaking of divisive opinions, do you have a favorite dead clone? Deanbortion counts.

Hank THE BAT jumping of the roof will always be my favorite.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The sevens.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Spike pit when Brock and Rusty had the mustaches.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dracula Factory posted:

Spike pit when Brock and Rusty had the mustaches.

Oh god, what were they thinking?

Favorite death has to be the satellite.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Were-Rusty was pretty great.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

When was this?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Waffleopolis posted:

When was this?

Season 4, in the episode where Brock and Shore Leave go into Doc's comatose body, Billy plays House, and the Monarchy gets crushed by a submarine.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Pope Guilty posted:

Season 4, in the episode where Brock and Shore Leave go into Doc's comatose body, Billy plays House, and the Monarchy gets crushed by a submarine.
The Diving Bell Vs. The Butter Glider. The same episode that the Monarch fucks a hovercraft.

You know, there's kind of a trend with the Monarch loving mechanical things. Vendata should have asked him out on a date. The Monarch would have gotten along fabulously with him when he found out about the whole Venture-related thing.

The whole implication that he's loving his dad would have made it even more Venture Brothers-y.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 26, 2013

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I have a bizarre soft spot for the smoking one. I don't know why in particular, maybe the fact that it was them doing a simple teen rebellious thing and it ending in disaster, or maybe it was just the way it was shot.

The low key ones like Dean running with Scissors and the Batman one always make me smile.

Also, I had one of the biggest cocktease dreams a few nights ago. That they actually released a joke soundtrack of Rust! The Musical. It was when I picked up the CD that I realised it was too good to be true. :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The best part of the sevens was that Doc simply had no idea where they disappeared to, and probably ordered the new clone slugs to be readied while that pair was still cruising around in his blood.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I don't like the character that much, but I would like to see another episode about Jonas Jr.'s family. His lifestyle seems too perfect as a character should be in this show, much like Jonas Sr. in the earlier episodes. I've always thought that he would treat everyone exactly like Richard Impossible but in a more passive aggressive manner.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I want to watch Jonas Sr forever.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

It never really gave me much pause when I was watching this episode, but if you stop to think about this scene and what's going on, it's loving terrifying.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

notZaar posted:

It never really gave me much pause when I was watching this episode, but if you stop to think about this scene and what's going on, it's loving terrifying.

They left the parking break on!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Action Tortoise posted:

I don't like the character that much, but I would like to see another episode about Jonas Jr.'s family. His lifestyle seems too perfect as a character should be in this show, much like Jonas Sr. in the earlier episodes. I've always thought that he would treat everyone exactly like Richard Impossible but in a more passive aggressive manner.

In that episode that ends with Impossible "saving the day", we already started to see that Jr.'s perfect act really is just an act and he's actually just a desperately pathetic person futilely attempting to live up to the impossible standards of a father who never knew he even existed, trying to force his way into that life and that circle of friends/associates etc.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Jerusalem posted:

In that episode that ends with Impossible "saving the day", we already started to see that Jr.'s perfect act really is just an act and he's actually just a desperately pathetic person futilely attempting to live up to the impossible standards of a father who never knew he even existed, trying to force his way into that life and that circle of friends/associates etc.

I actually like the Moppets and St. Cloud over JJ. I think Action Man and Horace prefer Rusty over him as well. I just want another episode focusing on him because I've always wondered how Sally Impossible felt about leaving her brother behind.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Jerusalem posted:

He's still an objectively better person than Rusty. Not that we don't love Rusty for his faults, but :colbert:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sash! posted:

I want to watch Jonas Sr forever.

It'd be pretty great to have an episode entirely of old Team Venture doing their thing, even if it didn't really reveal anything particularly important.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Given how long the drat production time is I'd be pissed if they actually did it but it'd be kinda funny if they played it straight like that Sealab 2021 episode.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It would get bonus points if it shows Jonas hooking up with the Monarch's mom.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

feedmyleg posted:

I don't know about most prototypical, but to me Hammer's style is kind of encapsulated by Escape to the House of Mummies Part II, and Publick's is more along the lines of The Invisible Hand of Fate or Perchance to Dean. I think the most well-rounded episodes are the ones where they share co-writing credit, like Powerless in the Face of Death or Showdown at Cremation Creek.

Usually if I feel like an episode is trying to keep its storytelling below the surface, it's a Doc Hammer episode.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
So, people, do you believe that Tim-Tom really had proof that he and Kevin weren't responsible for 24's death? It seems an odd claim to make if you can't back it up.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
I thought it was weird the moppets were afraid of the henchmen all of a sudden, considering that they kicked all of their asses way back in Season 3.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Protagorean posted:

I thought it was weird the moppets were afraid of the henchmen all of a sudden, considering that they kicked all of their asses way back in Season 3.
Back then, the Moppets were together and the henchmen weren't armed. Here, Tim-Tom was alone and the henchmen had their dart-guns, not to mention that they're better trained thanks to 21.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Okay now I believe you're Hank's friend.

That episode was definitely one of my least favorites the first time around but on rewatches it's seriously grown on me.

I wanted to kick his rear end!

I wanted to build a machine to kick his rear end!

I wanted to build an empire to house the machine to kick his rear end!

Bastard
Jul 13, 2001

We are each responsible for our own destiny.

The thing that seems so weird about the sevens is that their death was apparently peaceful. Just look at them, dead in their chairs, hand still on the throttle, peeking out of the window. If I went out, shrunk down to microscopic size and inside my father's bloodstream, you can bet my skeleton would be found near the escape hatch or something.

Unless this one was also a gas leak.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, what happened in the cases like "The Bat" where only one died?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

bull3964 posted:

I imagine they only activate the clone slug of the person who died, and then they tell the person who survived some bullshit lie about how they were resurrected by magic or something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Didn't they die the same amount in the end? Both times they died alone they were actually alone

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.

bull3964 posted:

In season five Dean mentions remembering Hank dying after he fell off the roof. Now, though, he understands that Hank really did die.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

bull3964 posted:

I'd guess that when one asks where the other is, Doc would suddenly take an uncharacteristic interest in the survivor's hobby and encourage them to spend the rest of the day on it ("Say Dean, I think it's about time we have another newsletter, don't you?"). Meanwhile the slug is shoved into the learning bed and the next morning all is as it ever was.

At worst, the slug is found before morning ("Daddy! Why won't Hank say anything to me?") and Doc tells another lie ("He was helping Brock all day in the hanger; let him rest.").

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
You guys are way over thinking this. Everything you need to know about solo deaths is explained by Brock in Ice Station Impossible!

Brock: You're asleep, quick jerk of the neck, never feel a thing.

Hank: You've thought about this.

Brock: Yes, I have.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 26, 2013

revolther
May 27, 2008

Bastard posted:

The thing that seems so weird about the sevens is that their death was apparently peaceful. Just look at them, dead in their chairs, hand still on the throttle, peeking out of the window. If I went out, shrunk down to microscopic size and inside my father's bloodstream, you can bet my skeleton would be found near the escape hatch or something.

Unless this one was also a gas leak.
Close, carbon dioxide asphyxiation.

It's a reference to Innerspace, Dennis Quaid takes part in a shrinking experiment which runs into foul play and is injected into Martin Short's bloodstream while piloting an experimental vehicle, they need to cooperate and get Quaid out before he runs out of oxygen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh god. That'd be why they're called the number 7's huh? Brock had to kill Dean 6. :-(