Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Marvel stream finally comes up and the commentators are... Maximillian and Doom :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
36 entrants for MK :v:

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Archenteron posted:

Marvel stream finally comes up and the commentators are... Maximillian and Doom :psyduck:

Complete with Reed Richards hate!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I remember when VxG was first announced, there were tournaments that were considered to be qualifiers for it, and I thought that was the only way to go. I don't know if I missed something, or if it was just poorly communicated. I wonder if other people thought that and that's why they didn't sign up. (Most likely people just don't have the time/money to go)

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I m loving this spidey right now.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Holy poo poo I thought I was watching Zero how long those Spidey combos were going on.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
According to M2K Melee has had its $3,000 pot bonus taken away due to low entrants:

kaujot posted:

36 entrants for MK :v:
VxG reports keep getting better and better.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Video X Games is starting to remind me of Cyber X Games, which was touted as "world's biggest esports event" but crashed and burned in spectacular fashion back in 2004. Actually the names are so similar I thought they were related (are they?).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Archenteron posted:

Hahahaha fuuuuuck that poo poo. This vxg going into full train wreck mode is hilarious.

lazarenth
Mar 28, 2010
At least LordKnight seems to be having fun.

https://twitter.com/LordKnightBB/status/360853946916536320

Arikado
May 9, 2008

So is FChamp! :downs:

https://twitter.com/Happy_Medicine/status/360840756962926594

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

Fruitsnacks posted:

According to M2K Melee has had its $3,000 pot bonus taken away due to low entrants:

VxG reports keep getting better and better.

This is some amazing poo poo. I feel like there's going to be amazing stories coming out of this event for years.

lazarenth
Mar 28, 2010
Mew2King traveled to another exotic location without the money to return? Shocker!

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
https://twitter.com/NYChrisG/status/360872945695993856

The real anti-Chris G technology: erase him from the bracket.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

lazarenth posted:

Mew2King traveled to another exotic location without the money to return? Shocker!

Roommate: "Is that a coconut milk spill on my bed?"
M2K: "YES IT IS"

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

A list of all of the problems with VxG was posted in the TYM thread, which was taken from 4chan or something. I'm guessing it's a work in progress:

For a second I thought "Man, sucks about the fighting games, I wonder if the other competitions are doing better?" but I guess this answers that!

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 27, 2013

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

PunkBoy posted:

A list of all of the problems with VxG was posted in the TYM thread, which was taken from 4chan or something. I'm guessing it's a work in progress:

For a second I thought "Man, sucks about the fighting games, I wonder if the other competitions are doing better?" but I guess this answers that!

To be fair stuff like "Chris G is already complaining" and "Haunts can't stream" make this list seem a little less objective.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Brett824 posted:

To be fair stuff like "Chris G is already complaining" and "Haunts can't stream" make this list seem a little less objective.

True. Since it's apparently from 4chan, I take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure we'll get plenty of stories from the people there, though!

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World
Just to be precise, I think that refers to Reddit. Not that that makes much of a difference to what you said.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
So why does anyone give these goofs the time of day again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEIuDpq3CRQ

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Ruh roh, Raggy.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Rip getting DQed for playing Laws is like the most hilariously nonsensical poo poo I've heard yet. Every time I think this whole event can't get more embarrassing, lo and behold..

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Justin Wong has left the building

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Did Shang Tsung hurl him into the spike pit or something?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Dan Didio posted:

Did Shang Tsung hurl him into the spike pit or something?

Called back to earthrealm because of troubles in his clan.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Brosnan posted:

Rip getting DQed for playing Laws is like the most hilariously nonsensical poo poo I've heard yet. Every time I think this whole event can't get more embarrassing, lo and behold..

I think I'm going to start a baseball league.

Except you can only have one guy playing in the outfield, and everyone has to have the same last name.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Chris Hu's on First?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

So VXG is amazing with the bad matches and ComboFiend/Mike Ross on mic

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
I have never seen an Akuma throw a fireball fullscreen, immediately followed by an ultra. That was loving hilarious.

Also the last time I have seen Max on commentary was at that other scam event. Maybe it's a sign.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Combo is loving losing it.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Doggboat posted:

I have never seen an Akuma throw a fireball fullscreen, immediately followed by an ultra. That was loving hilarious.

In theory you can use air fireball->max range demon as a gimmick to put your opponent into an awkward situation where they can't hit you out of the demon for free and you recover just as they try to backdash/jump/whatever the demon. In reality uhhh never seen it work. Didn't look like a completely random play though (unlike everything else that guy did).

Commentary is single-handedly making this stream watchable.

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski

Dan Didio posted:

Combo is loving losing it.

I just tuned in and I'm laughing my rear end off at the gootecks straight from the beach comments.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
These native players are human sacrifices. :gonk:

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Bobcats posted:

These native players are human sacrifices. :gonk:

They're taking rounds here and there, but yeah, this isn't pretty. On the other hand, it is pretty cool that they get to play with these world-class players, even as comically lovely as the group backing the tournament may be.

edit: and ryan hart with the giant blow out. Welp.

Platypus Farm fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 27, 2013

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It's a shame they're not playing too well, but the guy commentating has said that they're pretty starved for competition due to visa issues and not being able to travel and the vast majority of the Carribean players haven't ever played on stream before, which is pretty interesting.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

It's a shame they're not playing too well, but the guy commentating has said that they're pretty starved for competition due to visa issues and not being able to travel and the vast majority of the Carribean players haven't ever played on stream before, which is pretty interesting.

And, even with the visa issues aside, travel is still pretty expensive from the caribbean to the US and vice versa. Given how many Mexican players go up to tournaments like SCR and EVO, I imagine if travel costs weren't as awful, you'd see a lot more caribbean players going to Final Round and CEO. But yeah, it's tough to do much!

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
Rossy Boy & Combofiend commentating Champ's already hype match was the best thing. Following that, PR Rog vs Koolio-Bradley and Ryan Hart vs Chris G, actually enjoying VxG a lot!

edit: ahaha now they have Gootecks and some girl with big fake titties on stream, chat going wild.

heiden fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 27, 2013

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Gootecks explaining SF to a cosplayer

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski

Double Bill posted:

Gootecks explaining SF to a cosplayer

This commentary is so unreal, it's impossible to focus on the fights going on. And still it's slightly less grating than Skisonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
She's Rikku? Caribbeans must really be excited for that HD release.