Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I think this may be the same model, though not the same year, as my parents car which would have burned me alive as an infant if it had caught fire 5 minutes after it did.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Is it wrong to want this car?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ctd/3956215647.html

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
If it's wrong I don't want to be right.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

Shampoo posted:

Is it wrong to want this car?

Back in '83 or so my family took one of those across country, a brown woody, and it was awesome. There is a fold down seat in the cargo area which I believe seats 4. It was perfect for 2 young kids.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT

I live in Terre Haute and am seriously considering going to see and ride that.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

I just bought this 75 Celica GT for $1100 loving dollars. Thread coming when I can get the time.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Citycop posted:

I just bought this 75 Celica GT for $1100 loving dollars. Thread coming when I can get the time.

Oh my goodness :swoon:

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Citycop posted:

Nice. I should just buy a nice one to replace my 77 full of rust.
Of course Im stupid so I won't, but you got a good deal.
Ive taken mine apart twice so I know a fair amount about them, ask away if you need help.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Citycop posted:

Are you making GBS threads me look how pristine that thing is. Good on you for grabbing it, looking forward to the thread. You gonna restore it to bone stock, or do some Fuzzkill poo poo?

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I plan on keeping it mostly stock. Right now I'd just like to get it where I can drive it, then I will start working on some of the little things. I may build a new 20R engine and see just how much power I can get out of one, but I don't have any plans that are crazy like putting a late model motor in it. If I could get 200HP in it and keep the stock look I think I might love it a lot more.

Citycop fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 26, 2013

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Citycop posted:

Whoa, nice score. Congrats.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Citycop posted:

I plan on keeping it mostly stock. Right now I'd just like to get it where I can drive it, then I will start working on some of the little things. I may build a new 20R engine and see just how much power I can get out of one, but I don't have any plans that are crazy like putting a late model motor in it. If I could get 200HP in it and keep the stock look I think I might love it a lot more.

Stock? That's cool and all, that's cool....

But you know what would be really cool?

Look how cheap that poo poo is!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That's a gorgeous car. How's the bodywork?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

I'm mostly a cyclist but I've been looking at getting a car for general loving around town. I'm mechanically inclined but have like no experience working on cars. I don't have a garage just a house with like a carport area. Here are three cars I like on my local craigslist:

Those two Volvos are very solid cars, however those years had some issues with vacuum lines and wiring harnesses decaying over time. I have no idea where the wagon guy managed to 'invest' $10,000 except by keeping it in suitcases in the back. A thing to remember about old cars no matter the make is they will require maintenance, and lots of it. Parts that aren't normally considered wear items start to become touchy after a few decades (brake lines, engine internals, etc). No problem if you're willing to turn a wrench but with no garage or driveway it may be difficult.

E: Whoa the sedan guy replaced the heater core AND blower motor. He's seen some poo poo, man.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 26, 2013

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Citycop posted:

I just spent 5 minutes just staring at this picture...I hate you so much right about now.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

BoostCreep posted:

Stock? That's cool and all, that's cool....

But you know what would be really cool?

Look how cheap that poo poo is!

yeah I actually have a friend that has a half finished project Lexus LS400 with a 2JZGTE in it with a manual behind it and he's not doing jack poo poo with it. How feasible is it to get that beast in a 75 Celica?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
With enough Sawzall blades and dreams, anything is possible.

E: 7MGTE is a pretty clean swap.

Sinestro fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 26, 2013

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Pleeeeease don't hack up that Celica. It's way too cool. If you want to stick some ridiculous motor in there with a ton of cutting and bashing, go find a less nice car to do it to.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I wouldn't consider cutting any metal. I'll stick with the 4banger, perhaps a built 20r bored with some shiny carbs and headers.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Google 2JZGTE Celica, it's been done. But looking at pictures I'm guessing it'd involve moving the radiator or cutting the firewall. If you want to do a crazy engine swap, maybe you should look at V8s and V6s. Not like Toyota haven't had a few good ones.

I think stock is cooler, though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/3917955942.html

This is hilariously amazing.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Drop a zero off the price, and I'd love it.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

$650, but this picture was very carefully aimed.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/3946680545.html

craigslist posted:

Selling a 1984 Celica GT. 22RE, 5-Speed, GTS seats and wheels. Car runs, but it will need some work. It may need a headgasket and it will need new front cover and oil pan gasket. Also will need new hood, right side fender and hood as it bumped into a pole. Car is not totaled, but it will need fixing. Other than those issues, the rest of the car is great. There is little rust - no cancer - and all the hard to find pieces are in great shape. It could make a good project or parts car. I would fix it myself, but I don't have time or money right now. Asking $650 firm. If interested, call 209-262-8183 - ask for Arturo. No texts or emails, please. If you cannot get a hold of me, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Interested parties only, please. Thank you.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Not sure if this goes here or in terrible car things:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/vol/3957313215.html

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

jamal posted:

Not sure if this goes here or in terrible car things:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/vol/3957313215.html

"Insured drivers only"

pissboy
Aug 21, 2004
Yeah for Twinkies!

Octopus Magic posted:

91' HONDA CRX SI- SHOW OR ROADRACE OR A FULL 10SEC DRAGRACING CAR - DOSEN'T RUN-

How is it a 10 second car if it doesn't run????

I asked and this is what I was told :) :

quote:

684 HORSES THAT'S WAY AND IT WILL RUN

and a few minutes later:

quote:

AND DON'T BE AN rear end THE CAR HAS RUN 10:09 AND WILL AGAIN

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

pissboy posted:

I asked and this is what I was told :) :

and a few minutes later:

Wow, a 10 minute 9 second quarter mile? He must've had a lot of people pushing it with him!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Yes, yes it would.

There's a video of an e36 with an f20c (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCo00asduEQ), which puts out the stock power of the e36 m3. I can't imagine what'd it be like in a car that has to be bordering on 2000lbs.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

What the gently caress is that long aluminum heatsink-looking-thingy in front of the radiator? :raise:

I do like the car overall, maybe with the exception of the 350 TPI.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3948110044.html

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Liquid-to-liquid cooler.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

http://kitcars.com/Classifieds/AdDetails.asp?classified_id=24265

1 of a kind - Stops Traffic Everywhere ! None like
If you don't want attention , then don't buy this car . This will attract people to talk to you everywhere you go . I have been in the middle lane having a car slow down on my left to ask about the car while another car is on the right talking to my wife about the car. I have emailed and asked around and no one has ever been able to show me another one of these anywhere . Some stories were that it was supposed to be a concept body for Ford for a sportcar but who knows.

Anyway , from what I know it is a hand made body . Super thick fiberglass . This thing was well made. Building on an 1987 v6 Fierro ( I think they call it an SE because of the engine ) it has a chip in it from before I got it . Automatic trans. Perfect interior. No rips or tears . 46,000 original miles . carfax will verify this . No problems on this one .

couple of things . it has AC - it needs a charge , there is a small scratch on the drivers side under the door. The car is low and I scraped something . It did not break the fiberglass it just barely broken through the gel coat. That about it . I put brand new tires on about 150 miles ago . Starts up and goes .Door popper on passenger side is lazy most of the time .

I am selling it because I have had it for almost 10 years . I think I bought it here too . I have too many toys and the new 1968 Camaro just too its place in the garage so it has to stay outside now . I don't have to sell it , I want to sell it . I have storage elsewhere if I need it .

I am willing to negotiate and give someone a good deal on a very cool and unique car.

Price: 14.995 or best offer
City: Sayreville
State/Locale: nj

Hope you like louvers....

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
For just a second, I thought that was an interesting rebody of a fourth gen Camaro.
But no, every time I see something absurd, it's always a Fiero.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

boxen posted:

every time I see something absurd, it's always a Fiero.

Including "a Fiero"

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Don't care what anyone says, to this day I'd love a stock 88 GT :colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

slidebite posted:

Don't care what anyone says, to this day I'd love a stock 88 GT :colbert:

Same here; they're impossible to find though :negative:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RuPaul Levesque posted:

http://kitcars.com/Classifieds/AdDetails.asp?classified_id=24265

1 of a kind - Stops Traffic Everywhere ! None like

Price: 14.995 or best offer
City: Sayreville
State/Locale: nj

Hope you like louvers....

I have never in my life seen a car stop traffic and I loving hate people who make those statements.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I have never in my life seen a car stop traffic and I loving hate people who make those statements.

Does breaking down in traffic count? Nah, with that level of automotive genius his "Fierro SE (he thinks)" must run like a top.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

That's because the entire thing smacks of attention whoring. This is someone who doesn't give a poo poo about what HE thinks about what he's driving, hes opinion comes from what he thinks OTHER PEOPLE think about what he's driving.

Why the hell else would you drive around in a Fiero kit car? It's not fast, it doesn't sound good, it's not comfortable, and the interior is just a hot mess of plastic and pleather.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

keyword Fiero

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-lamborghini-Countach-Kit-Car-Replica-Now-Reduced-price-again-W0QQAdIdZ505439752

quote:

Has a working Ford V6 engine on a Fiero frame and drivetrain. This car was on the road until the recent changes in kit car regulations in Canada. Needs safety/ emission upgrades. Selling as is. Trailer not included

Ford V6 engine and was on the road? :stonk:

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Every time I see "A/C just needs a recharge" I have an aneurysm.