Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
That build is the Weekend Warrior/Generic Solo farming build and wrecks everything super easy and fast that doesn't have some ridiculous gimmick (like fungals). It's not a build for new players or anything other than farming, but it'll chew through Trans missions and Nightmare mobs all day. And yes, for QL10 greens -> QL10.2s, that's still a completely accurate build. Minor tweaks when you get customs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

Vanderdeath posted:

I just got my bonus 1200 points. Should I use them on Issue 6 or Issue 7?

Everyone else has gone over the story/difficulty differences, I just wanted to mention some ancillary things that might influence your decision.

Both Issues introduce a currency called Credits of Ca' D'Oro. You earn these credits by completing the Issue (can run through it once every three days) and through dailies. Issue 7, IIRC, has more dailies (5 vs. 3). These credits can be spent at a vendor. For Issue 6, there are three headslots (one for each role) and three signets for those headslots, all purple QL10. Additionally, the Issue 6 vendor has Indiana Jones style clothing you can purchase. For Issue 7, there's three purple neck peices/signets and a full set of the Orochi gear (the kind Ghost wears in Carpathian Fangs). Both vendors also have Blue Signet bags.

As another random note, I think Issue 7 is a bit less frustrating overall. Aspects of Issue 6 can become frustrating due to AI patrols, lag impact on delicate jumping, and lag impact on the wonky (but awesome) Indiana Jones style combat sequence.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Pinely posted:

Issue 7, IIRC, has more dailies (5 vs. 3).

I think it's only 4 dailies for issue 7 - either that or they've put one on a different npc and I don't know about it.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Pinely posted:

Issue 7, IIRC, has more dailies (5 vs. 3).
They're having a bit of trouble with the quest items in one of the issue 7 side quests - I've had a few times over the past few days where I haven't gotten the shovel I need to go and dig up coffins, so I've had to petition for it. Which is a shame, because the ghosts that spawn when you dig drop a remarkable number of (unfortunately character bound) QL10 blues.

Pinely posted:

For Issue 6, there are three headslots (one for each role) and three signets for those headslots, all purple QL10. Additionally, the Issue 6 vendor has Indiana Jones style clothing you can purchase. For Issue 7, there's three purple neck peices/signets and a full set of the Orochi gear (the kind Ghost wears in Carpathian Fangs).
Even better, you get one free head/neck piece (depending on which issue it is) upon your first completion. And they start at 10.1, so you get a free upgrade. The issue 7 signets are really good, issue 6 far less so, though I wanna try out the healing one at some point.
Edit:

Pilchenstein posted:

I think it's only 4 dailies for issue 7 - either that or they've put one on a different npc and I don't know about it.
There are a bunch of other side quests scattered around in both issues, but off the top of my head I don't remember what their cooldowns are.

Out of the three at the Egypt vendor, only two are worth the effort. Five Ways to Kill a Man takes more effort than the other two put together, and is only worthwhile if you do it alongside some of the main quests. The Shadowy Forest vendor has four side quests, of which one can be bugged, as I mentioned earlier. The crate finding one is super easy and you shouldn't have to fight anything (though I do wonder how your character carries them all). The vampire killing one might be a bit difficult if you have lower level gear.

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 27, 2013

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Zephonith posted:

They're having a bit of trouble with the quest items in one of the issue 7 side quests - I've had a few times over the past few days where I haven't gotten the shovel I need to go and dig up coffins, so I've had to petition for it. Which is a shame, because the ghosts that spawn when you dig drop a remarkable number of (unfortunately character bound) QL10 blues.

That's weird, my main problem was I'd hand in the 'get Orochi weapon' mission at the same time, and get a new shovel at the same time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I queued into a pubbie Ankh normal on my alt the tank had no hit rating, sub 100 block, 50 evade, and about 100 phys/magical protection. Guy was rockin' almost 9k hp but died if anything touched him. I could barely keep him alive using my main to heal. How can pubbies be so bad?

Len fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 27, 2013

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Not So Fast posted:

That's weird, my main problem was I'd hand in the 'get Orochi weapon' mission at the same time, and get a new shovel at the same time.
I had that problem for a while too! But then it switched to the reverse, which is a lot more annoying.

Len posted:

pubbies
I had a pubbie healer today tell me my 750 block/9000HP tank gear was "squishy" :(

Still managed to tank Hell Eternal on NM in its entirety for the first time though, with zero wipes for the last two bosses :woop:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

There is the four on the vendor NPC in shadow forest, there is the one to kill the 5 named werewolves in the farmlands, find the orochi data pad things in shadowy forest.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm starting to think that goons are the odd ones out. Trying to get Funcom to fix their bugs is apparently a cardinal sin. Everytime I post about a bug on testlive people call me out about how "that's just how things are." Adds running to the anima well during a boss fight? Working as intended. /stuck never working? Intended. Machine tyrant walking into the well to bitch slap people? You guessed it, intended.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

I'm starting to think that goons are the odd ones out. Trying to get Funcom to fix their bugs is apparently a cardinal sin. Everytime I post about a bug on testlive people call me out about how "that's just how things are." Adds running to the anima well during a boss fight? Working as intended. /stuck never working? Intended. Machine tyrant walking into the well to bitch slap people? You guessed it, intended.

It only works as intended until PVP'rs get involved. RIP weapon power bug, RIP dynamite, RIP defense.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Probably a stupid question, but how do you tell what's a "main quest" and a "side mission"? I mean the small stuff you encounter from time to time is obvious, but when there are people with main quest missions next to side quest missions, it's kind of annoying clicking through them all to see if they pop up the "must abandon quest" message.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

A "Main mission" is any Investigation, Sabotage, or Action mission. Green (laptop icon), Yellow (bundle of dynamite), and Red (dude running), respectively. Item missions, or "side" missions (box icon), are a blue/green color; you can have up to three of those active at any time. Story missions are the light blue missions and are always active and cannot be abandoned unless you get hosed by some weird bug.

thwoompa
Nov 9, 2004

My fanfiction makes baby Jesus cry

Nostrum posted:

So I've been raging around Kingsmouth with AR/Ele, and it's fun, but I'd like to try a melee build before I commit to one or the other.

I was looking at this: http://www.badomens.net/calculator#01.09.09.0902.0482gg004g0002.09.09.09.074g0094.09.082003.09000/b5br5l51blea68eq404n4wb24u5iboep

And thought it looked really fun. However, that's an end game build and I have no idea how to adapt it to a "first 60" type build. Is that build even still good for soloing? I just need a little help with the progression aspect. Thanks in advance.

Something like this?

Actives
1) Escalation (Chaos PBAoE builder, Frenzy)
2) Clearing the Path (Blade PBAoE consumer, 40% chance to penetrate afflicted targets)
3) Call for Eris (Chaos single target consumer)
4) Stunning Swirl (Blade elite Impair cooldown)
5) Martial Discipline (Blade bonus defence cooldown)
6) Illusion (Chaos bonus evade cooldown)
7) Surging Blades (Blade dash cooldown)

Passives
1) Intensity (Escalation weakens targets with exposed and glances less)
2) Shoot'Em Up (Frenzy attacks like Escalation place strong afflict on target, AR, expensive)
3) Sudden Return (extra damage on pens)
4) Immortal Spirit (pens give heal over time)
5) Regeneration (Martial Discipline gives heal over time)
6) Lick Your Wounds (hits give heal over time, Fist)
7) Fluid Defence (pens give damage increase, glances give damage mitigation, Elite)

Use sword/hammer, chaos is terrible now you are not forced to use it for one passive.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Is it possible to restart the storyline on an existing character? I played at launch and got to the second area? before stopping, now I have a character with a bunch of account awards but I can't remember most of the plot other than zombies.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

thwoompa posted:

Use sword/hammer, chaos is terrible now you are not forced to use it for one passive.

For loving around early game the guy can use chaos if he wants :colbert: besides isn't it you who used to say "hammer sucks until you get the gear to back it"?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
AR leeching sucks until you get the gear to back it, but it's totally viable solo and for small groups for pretty much the whole game.

And by sucks I mean it's subpar for both healing and DPS, but it definitely gets the job done.

thwoompa
Nov 9, 2004

Len posted:

For loving around early game the guy can use chaos if he wants :colbert: besides isn't it you who used to say "hammer sucks until you get the gear to back it"?

No hammer is better than chaos at all gear levels by a significant margin. The only advantage chaos has over hammer is discord rising which is not worth giving up the additional damage of hammer for. Fist/Chaos is still ok but there is no reason to ever pair sword with chaos over hammer tanking or solo.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Pound_Coin posted:

Is it possible to restart the storyline on an existing character? I played at launch and got to the second area? before stopping, now I have a character with a bunch of account awards but I can't remember most of the plot other than zombies.

No, unfortunately not. You can always roll another character to catch up, or just watch stuff on Youtube.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
If you want a blade/hammer soloing build then use this:

http://www.badomens.net/calculator#01.09.09.0902.05230008g.051k.048401.09.058.09002.09.09.043.09000/5h7a5l7g4z6j7seqbi40504u9s6k6mep

Basically unkillable and shits damage.

Also someone said that Signet of Order was "the other good tanking head signet," so what's the other good one?

thwoompa
Nov 9, 2004

OneEightHundred posted:

http://www.badomens.net/calculator#01.09.09.0902.05230008g.051k.048401.09.058.09002.09.09.043.09000/5h7a5l7g4z6j7seqbi40504u9s6k6mep

Also someone said that Signet of Order was "the other good tanking head signet," so what's the other good one?

Aggression, Abuse or Castigation. Order isn't good if you have 10.4 which you should easily have by time you thinking about slotting purple sigs

Floppy Dingo
Jan 11, 2012

I've made so much money from Goku's Pants
Hey I wanted to try this game for some time, but I don't want to drop money on it and find out I don't enjoy it, so could someone toss me a trial key please?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Floppy Dingo posted:

Hey I wanted to try this game for some time, but I don't want to drop money on it and find out I don't enjoy it, so could someone toss me a trial key please?

ASPCQNNXLK6UDRARXF3C

Floppy Dingo
Jan 11, 2012

I've made so much money from Goku's Pants

Kyrosiris posted:

ASPCQNNXLK6UDRARXF3C

Thanks

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

thwoompa posted:

Aggression, Abuse or Castigation. Order isn't good if you have 10.4 which you should easily have by time you thinking about slotting purple sigs

Thwoompa I know that you are an endgame player and have all the endgame gear. But you keep commenting on newbies and telling them how they should be playing if they were in the endgame gear.

thwoompa
Nov 9, 2004

Len posted:

Thwoompa I know that you are an endgame player and have all the endgame gear. But you keep commenting on newbies and telling them how they should be playing if they were in the endgame gear.

It's better to save signets then put them on non purple custom gear. Signets are end game gear and are usually acquired after getting a portion at least of 10.4 custom gear. At no gear level is order/resilience/valour or any other signet better than Aggression, Abuse, Breaching or Castigation for tanking because your tanking gear should have decent levels of defence/block and get very little benefit from defensive signets.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

thwoompa posted:

It's better to save signets then put them on non purple custom gear. Signets are end game gear and are usually acquired after getting a portion at least of 10.4 custom gear. At no gear level is order/resilience/valour or any other signet better than Aggression, Abuse, Breaching or Castigation for tanking because your tanking gear should have decent levels of defence/block and get very little benefit from defensive signets.

Except the game throws both signets and pax at you like loving candy by the time you're QL10 anyway, so tossing green signets in gear you'll be using for an appreciable amount of time is pretty okay. I'd even be cool with throwing blues in transient gear if you're likely to be doing the three end-of-DLC missions often.

Volterator
Apr 17, 2013
Hi all. I really like this game and have been grinding along for a few weeks now largely solo and without any particular expertize so thought I'd stick my head up and say hi. Currently in Besieged Farmlands with mostly QL10 greens and about three blue talismans and QL10 blue rifle and blade. When soloing most of my talismans have hit/pen on them couple with block/physical resistance, should i focus on a particular stat? Have maxed AR skills and blade, and earned about half the skills in hammer and chaos so any recommendations for a solo build using any of those weapon combinations so I can get my edge back?

Also is there a time of day that sees more traffic on the #awful channel than others?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Volterator posted:

Hi all. I really like this game and have been grinding along for a few weeks now largely solo and without any particular expertize so thought I'd stick my head up and say hi. Currently in Besieged Farmlands with mostly QL10 greens and about three blue talismans and QL10 blue rifle and blade. When soloing most of my talismans have hit/pen on them couple with block/physical resistance, should i focus on a particular stat? Have maxed AR skills and blade, and earned about half the skills in hammer and chaos so any recommendations for a solo build using any of those weapon combinations so I can get my edge back?

Also is there a time of day that sees more traffic on the #awful channel than others?

Not usually. #awful is used by like, five people. Mostly we hang out in Mumble.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I wish more people would use #awful.

Check out this thread on the offsite forums to find out how to NOT have to rejoin custom chat channels whenever you change zone. It's pretty much essential if you want to use any non-default chat channels.

http://everythingisgoon.enjin.com/forum/m/5751792/viewthread/6847287-auto-start-scripts-stuff

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Speaking of chat channels, is there a way to stop every message in LFG showing up a dozen times? Or better yet, a way to make the game actually do as it's told when you turn LFG off?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Check out this thread on the offsite forums to find out how to NOT have to rejoin custom chat channels whenever you change zone. It's pretty much essential if you want to use any non-default chat channels.

http://everythingisgoon.enjin.com/forum/m/5751792/viewthread/6847287-auto-start-scripts-stuff

Oh, clucking bells - I didn't see a space for the faction forum, hit Next Page and it submitted.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Well, there's a way to view your application and post on it and stuff. You should be able to find it under Applications, My Apps or something like that.

Or, if you're Malleus (the only pending application at the moment, so I guess it's you), just post which faction you want here. Either way is fine.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 28, 2013

Volterator
Apr 17, 2013
Put in an application also, I'm the one with the exact same username. Thanks for pointing me at the goon forum.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Speaking of chat channels, is there a way to stop every message in LFG showing up a dozen times? Or better yet, a way to make the game actually do as it's told when you turn LFG off?

Delete that tab and create a new one with the channels you want. Not sure what causes it, but something about that default channel is bugged.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Do you just create the Scripts folder if we don't have one by default?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

rantmo posted:

Do you just create the Scripts folder if we don't have one by default?

Yep. That goes for any mod folders that don't appear, as well.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

OneEightHundred posted:

This looks really interesting. Which paths do you put SP into while leveling this? Just straight DPS? Do you just wear straight DPS gear?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Well, there's a way to view your application and post on it and stuff. You should be able to find it under Applications, My Apps or something like that.

Or, if you're Malleus (the only pending application at the moment, so I guess it's you), just post which faction you want here. Either way is fine.

Yeah, I'm Malleus. I looked under My Apps and there's nothing there, though. I'm in Illuminati.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bought the game during the Steam sale when I realized it no longer required a subscription and I've been screwing around with it a bit.

I'm still very early in the game and the only weapon I've committed skill points or more than a couple ability points to is pistols. I tentatively have swords as my secondary weapon, but I've only bought a couple introductory skills so it wouldn't be a hassle to change yet.

I'd kind of like to use one of the magic schools instead, would that be a bad idea? The only melee one is apparently chaos, which from reading this page isn't really recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Len posted:

I'm not a complete newbie (I'm MaxSerious), I just got a blue Order from a signet bag and I'm wondering whether I should slap it in a LTTC headpiece or if I should sell it and get something else.

Nostrum posted:

Which paths do you put SP into while leveling this? Just straight DPS? Do you just wear straight DPS gear?
I tried some different SP paths and the best return I got was from just dumping them into weapons until I hit skill 9 and could buy a cheap QL10 off the auction house, doing that gives you more base damage and makes you pretty much never glance, as opposed to talismans which are mostly just stat chunks. I think the best balance would be put points into whatever lets you equip the best blue items in your inventory, and if you have any leftovers, put them toward getting a weapon to skill 9.

Also get Shoot 'Em Up last unless you need it for something else because Blade Torrent + Perfect Storm is only slightly worse.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 28, 2013

• Locked thread