Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I love how on nuke rounds pubbies will wear the operatives red suits and bitch up a storm when I or someone else stuns them, knocks them out and hurls them out an airlock naked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
The crown is being lovely again, two traitors just got hosed by a geneticist with the crown who had it on for the entire round, along with multiple superpowers and was untouchable (it spaced one of the traitors)

also, people can heal again while wearing the crown now, allowing them to be the super cop untouchables they used to be.

it even teleports if you use disarm, jesus christ

Matty fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 27, 2013

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

HukHukHuk posted:

If there is food you want in the game, but is not in the game, make a sprite for it!

I really want to see tortilla chips and nachos in the game so here are some lovely GIS'd placeholder sprites for them.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Elth posted:

I really want to see tortilla chips and nachos in the game so here are some lovely GIS'd placeholder sprites for them.

LIVE ACTION NACHOS

They taste like reality and can cause existential depression

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Sprites are 32x32, with a few exceptions for goddamn huge things.

Like the omega drone.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Motherfucker posted:

LIVE ACTION NACHOS

They taste like reality and can cause existential depression

Nachos made with 100% Weird Cheese.

Holy poo poo you start tripping triangles!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

I love how on nuke rounds pubbies will wear the operatives red suits and bitch up a storm when I or someone else stuns them, knocks them out and hurls them out an airlock naked.

Seriously, or they start wearing gas masks. In the past at least you could stun them and take off their mask to see it wasn't an operative. Now though with the DNA scrambler you can't trust someone cause of their face. I do hope the admins will be on your side for clonking a jackass that does that.

Agat 9
Apr 24, 2008

Elth posted:

I really want to see tortilla chips and nachos in the game
Actually, you can already use a taco shell in-hand to break it into tortilla chips. Those can then be dipped into bowls (that I'm sure are just full of salsa or cheese and not cyanide).

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012

Agat 9 posted:

Actually, you can already use a taco shell in-hand to break it into tortilla chips. Those can then be dipped into bowls (that I'm sure are just full of salsa or cheese and not cyanide).

That's dip, not nachos :colbert:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I was rereading my discworld collection, when I came upon a passage that struck me as... strange.

quote:

Exhibit three, who was holding a toolbox (terrific weapon if swung accurately), scurried past with speed and barely glanced in Vimes’s direction. He looked young and rather weedy, but nevertheless you can get a good momentum on one of those boxes.

Snuff came out in 2011... is Terry Pratchett a SS13 player? :v:

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Matty posted:

The crown is being lovely again, two traitors just got hosed by a geneticist with the crown who had it on for the entire round, along with multiple superpowers and was untouchable (it spaced one of the traitors)

also, people can heal again while wearing the crown now, allowing them to be the super cop untouchables they used to be.

break out the mouse traps start making bombs

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Captain Bravo posted:

I was rereading my discworld collection, when I came upon a passage that struck me as... strange.

He's a fan of Half-Life, from what I recall. Although his background at Three Mile Island may have something to do with that.

Damnit, Terry. The worst things really do happen to the best people. :smith:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Matty posted:

I watched that go down last night: Someone wearing the crown in a way so he couldn't die went up against a pair of armed scientists who were both regenerating and stun immune from abusing the poo poo out of whatever it is they do to break the game. It seemed to be an even fight. The crown made safe and stimpacks made to last for ages are both way more terrible than the artistic toolbox, and that thing is pretty terrible. They deserved each other.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Leal posted:

Seriously, or they start wearing gas masks. In the past at least you could stun them and take off their mask to see it wasn't an operative. Now though with the DNA scrambler you can't trust someone cause of their face. I do hope the admins will be on your side for clonking a jackass that does that.
Go for it, gently caress those guys.

WarpedNaba posted:

He's a fan of Half-Life, from what I recall. Although his background at Three Mile Island may have something to do with that.

Damnit, Terry. The worst things really do happen to the best people. :smith:
Yeah. I met him in person when I was about 10, he was hilarious. Poor guy :smith:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The new fitness room is awesome, do the weight machines actually have an effect on your strength when used?

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012
What happens if The Maecho Maen uses a weight machine?

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
I have no idea what to ship out as a quartermaster whenever a trader asks me for "ship-building components". I tried sending out items marked as "components" in the component machine and barcoded them with the trader's name but they still do not sell, even if I sent them in a crate or not. Any ideas???

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Captain Bravo posted:

Suicider may or may not be a reference to Scumble.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
I want to unanchor the clown teeter-bopper and be able to drag it around.

It also should count towards the "number of times a clown was abused" stat, as well as have a random chance to bop back and knock over someone who hits it.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
You should be able to emag Boogiebot. It's already possible to emag all the other bots, so why not Boogiebot?

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Doctor Doodler posted:

What happens if The Maecho Maen uses a weight machine?

I really hope the weights go flying through the ceiling and cause a hull breach or something.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

I really hope the weights go flying through the ceiling and cause a hull breach or something.

I'd rather he use them as weapons.

The miatcho man hits you with the dumb bell!
Pubbie McDoomed goes flying!
Pubbie McDoomed hits the wall!
Pubbie McDoomed bursts like a shopping bag filled with tomato soup! HOLY poo poo!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Justin Time! posted:

I have no idea what to ship out as a quartermaster whenever a trader asks me for "ship-building components". I tried sending out items marked as "components" in the component machine and barcoded them with the trader's name but they still do not sell, even if I sent them in a crate or not. Any ideas???

Doesn't it have to be labeled (trader) now?

Digihazard
Nov 2, 2010

If you place the milk in before the bag, I will kill you and your family while they sleep.
Thanks for all the advice guys, next time I join I'll hide in a corner in botany and apply myself to the growing of sweet sweet drugs for all the crew. :)

Failing that, I'll try and get dressed without causing brain damage, either works.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Takanago posted:

You should be able to emag Boogiebot. It's already possible to emag all the other bots, so why not Boogiebot?

What? It's not possible anymore??

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

The abnabner salad fires the banana at the floor!

BANANA GUN

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Justin Time! posted:

Although the pod manufacturer lists a lot of stuff as "components", the traders will only accept items which can be installed in a built pod. Engines, weapons, secondary systems, etc. The best thing to do is buy a load of metal sheets, and then turn them into Cargo Bays to sell back, that usually gets you the most reward for the least work.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

PopeCrunch posted:

The abnabner salad fires the banana at the floor!

BANANA GUN

Which station was this on, #1 or #2?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Cyborgs without battery should have some really obvious outward sign, since this roboticist is putting empty cells in his robots and wondering why they suicide first thing every time he makes them (Hint: because being unconscious forever is loving lame)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

If your battery is empty, you can crawl over to a charging unit and put yourself in it, allowing you to charge.

If a roboticist takes your battery out, though, you are 100% hosed, and cannot communicate or repair yourself in any way.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

Captain Bravo posted:

Although the pod manufacturer lists a lot of stuff as "components", the traders will only accept items which can be installed in a built pod. Engines, weapons, secondary systems, etc. The best thing to do is buy a load of metal sheets, and then turn them into Cargo Bays to sell back, that usually gets you the most reward for the least work.

I will try it, thanks!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Captain Bravo posted:

If your battery is empty, you can crawl over to a charging unit and put yourself in it, allowing you to charge.

If a roboticist takes your battery out, though, you are 100% hosed, and cannot communicate or repair yourself in any way.

It didn't work when I tried it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Are you sure? Just two weeks ago, a traitor was going around removing the batteries out of borgs to griff them. I exited the recharger, sans battery, and after 15 minutes trying to mutely push people into robotics, finally managed to get someone to walk over and install a new battery, after I put myself in the recharger.

I mean, they might have changed something, but it's been that way for as long as I can remember. Just sloooowly walk over to the recharging station, then click-drag yourself into it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, that works unless the power's out and the roboticist fucks off for the rest of the round after "upgrading" you into a dead-battery shell with no teleport upgrade and then the captain steals the power cell you're trying to frantically, slowly, indicate he should install through movement alone. And the roboticist tries to claim he was going to install a power cell in you when you call him on his poo poo in after-round OOC. I could SEE two fully-charged ones sitting on the table, why did you loving leave!?

Why yes, I am still bitter about this thing that happened weeks ago in my 2D spaceman game, why do you ask? :v:

Also annoying is the roboticist that intentionally builds you with no arms or legs. In my experience, that was for some kind of weird power play where he tried to verbally override the Three Laws. I don't know, maybe he was new and/or learned on a different server, because I also had to talk him through attaching my arms and legs.

Just remember, folks, there's a person on the other side of this cold, metal shell. A person that only wants to love you. :roboluv:

e: That sounds creepy. :v:

Dareon fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 28, 2013

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I love making torsoborgs, because it just mostly cripples them, it doesn't completely cripple them. Unless I'm remembering wrong, a borg with no arms can still use it's center "chest" attachment, so they can still do some things. They can still move around, albeit cripplingly slow. And they can still talk, bleating their cries of "ROBOTICIST WHHHHY!?" across the station endlessly. It's by far my favorite way to griff, if I'm a roboticist.

Edit: It also makes revenge for them so much sweeter, when a traitor eventually subverts them, and they use their one functional attachment to slowly beat me to death with a fire extinguisher. I'm just enhancing their play experience, you see!

ScouSin
Jul 7, 2013

Dareon posted:

Why yes, I am still bitter about this thing that happened weeks ago in my 2D spaceman game, why do you ask? :v:

Probably because it's not just an issue with roboticists (or SS13 for that matter). It's the age-old complaint that quartermasters don't fill orders; only instead of not getting you extra supplies that may inconvenience them to fill, you are being screwed out of a round because you aren't getting something that you absolutely need. It is the same problem, but with much more disastrous consequences. This is why a poor roboticist is one of the worst things you can have a bad something of in the game (right after AI and security chief, but even in those cases it isn't like they can quietly ruin someone's game and get away with it, typically they'll get brained anyway).

Of course this is assuming the roboticist wasn't a traitor. If he was, then it looks like you were just another victim :v:

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

ScouSin posted:

Probably because it's not just an issue with roboticists (or SS13 for that matter). It's the age-old complaint that quartermasters don't fill orders; only instead of not getting you extra supplies that may inconvenience them to fill, you are being screwed out of a round because you aren't getting something that you absolutely need. It is the same problem, but with much more disastrous consequences. This is why a poor roboticist is one of the worst things you can have a bad something of in the game (right after AI and security chief, but even in those cases it isn't like they can quietly ruin someone's game and get away with it, typically they'll get brained anyway).

Of course this is assuming the roboticist wasn't a traitor. If he was, then it looks like you were just another victim :v:

To be fair, ever since I posted about it. I have been getting my crates as Chef which is pretty awesome!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
There's plenty of metal available on the station. You just may have to rip the place apart to get it... Sometimes you can get the borgs to help you too. As long as you're not doing real harm to the station, it's okay. You don't really need all those tables and chairs everywhere!

Also the captain gets mad if you steal his desk.

PaperJohnny
Dec 29, 2012
So, after a considerable amount of time spent reading the old thread and watching videos, I finally decided to try this out.

I spawn in as a fresh-faced assistant, hoping to explore the station a bit and see if I can walk three steps without strangling myself to death. I immediately have to go AFK in the arrival shuttle due to random computer bullshittery, and when I return I find myself being beaten by a clown with a fish. He proceeds to steal my ID and run off. Dazed, I stumble out of the arrival shuttle to find a tourbot. I decide to let it show me around the station. Several dozen robot hugs and long awkward silences later and I finally reach the crew quarters where I swap my gray suit out for a glorious blue party dress. It's at this point that things start to go very, very wrong.

My screen starts flashing and I'm beset upon by ghost cats as the theme from Space Jam begins to blare out of my speakers. I do my best to escape from the feline apparitions as another part of the station is evidently vaporized by a supercharged slam dunk. As I barrel down the hallway, kitten echoes in pursuit, I begin to hear voices in my head confusing me and filling me with dread. These voices are quickly drowned out by the sound of a detective unloading a shotgun into me.

As I lay dying on the cold floor of the station, I could swear for a moment that I saw Elmo float by.

...Space Station 13 everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I hope you're enjoying it, because there's no man on Earth who doesn't think that was :krad:

• Locked thread