Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh poo poo, Sharknado HDTGM with Scotty Auks. I was expecting a "prequel" episode. I normally don't like watching "bad" movies, but I may have to actually watch this one before I listen to the ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Oh poo poo, Sharknado HDTGM with Scotty Auks. I was expecting a "prequel" episode. I normally don't like watching "bad" movies, but I may have to actually watch this one before I listen to the ep.

I...I am afraid to listen to it. There's nothing really that could be better. Also a new RSS just dropped, it's like Christmas.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The guest on the RSS this week might just be the luckiest guy in LA. I could listen to a whole podcast listening to this guy try to relate to regular folk.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Having RSS back is wonderful, I'm so glad they were able to pick up the pizzas right off the back.
Do they mention what they will be talking about beforehand? I spent the break getting caught up on Shark Tank and it was fun to get to ones they had discussed. I'm half thinking I might watch some of the shows that seem interesting to get the full RSS effect.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Greggy posted:

pick up the pizzas right off the back.

So goddamn happy to have this show back. I hope they never leave me again.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Was I the only one who was completely taken out of the interview when they refused to call him by his nickname?

The whole time I'm just trying to think of what his nickname could be. Like, his name is John Cochran but his friends call him John BLANK-ring?

John Wedding-ring? John Engagement-ring? John Boxing-ring? John Telephone-ring?

I don't know. None of those sound right. Really took me out of the episode.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Johnny Cockring, duh.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
C'mon, get real. No grown man would call himself that.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Johnny Cockring, duh.

Hey, come on, pal. I wasn't born yesterday. Nobody would ask people to call them something that has a cuss in it.

isnt that right fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 17, 2013

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
never mind!

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

Eltoasto posted:

Johnny Cockring, duh.

That's not it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Cochran is the guest?? yessss YESSSSS

E. FYI This guys a goon or ex-goon

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
New I4H with Casey Wilson, Betsy Sodaro, Sean Conroy and Chad Carter. Nice!

The first Youtube video they do is just great.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Really nice to see Chad Carter on the show again. He was one of the funniest guests on the early episodes.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Mozi posted:

New I4H with Casey Wilson, Betsy Sodaro, Sean Conroy and Chad Carter. Nice!

The first Youtube video they do is just great.

Tonight's VPN is Improv4Humans, too. So it's a double dose of i4h goodness.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Double Post: Live Improv4Humans today with Seth Morris, Mookie Blaiklock and Will McLaughlin.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I like how none of them can come up with a character with a crazier complaint than the deer crossing lady from the youtube video.

e: I have a pretty strong stomach but that vegan guy made me loving nauseous.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 19, 2013

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I like how none of them can come up with a character with a crazier complaint than the deer crossing lady from the youtube video.

e: I have a pretty strong stomach but that vegan guy made me loving nauseous.

How could something that's just a man sitting down staring at a camera and talking be full of such horror.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Goddamnit, forgot to download the episode from VPN before it vanished. This is going to be a long couple of weeks :(
You know, unless someone managed to magically have a spare copy available for zsinjeh at gmail dot com.

Did we get a ruling if that counts as :filez: by the way? I mean I'm still going to watch it again on Earwolf and download + listen...

e: Oh shiiiiit, Honey Boo Boo is back! That's prime RSS material right there.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 19, 2013

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

piratepilates posted:

How could something that's just a man sitting down staring at a camera and talking be full of such horror.

At least, he's not a homophobe, that's gotta count for something right, right? Unlike the worms-in-the-brain guy...

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
No new Nerd Poker this week :(

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

But a new RSS!

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Thought the video podcasts were supposed to go up the day the podcast comes out? Don't see the latest improv 4 humans up.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Trujillo posted:

Thought the video podcasts were supposed to go up the day the podcast comes out? Don't see the latest improv 4 humans up.

Nah they wait like a week or something before putting the video up. I guess they figure if they put the audio and video up at the same time, no one would download the audio version.

Your best bet is to just watch the VPN stuff live.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
The Admin in the comments on the earwolf page for the episode said the video would be up on Monday.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Not that bothered about Comedy Bang Bang but for me I4H is always well worth waiting for the video. Just something about their body language and watching how they interact in a scene that really makes me laugh. Plus seeing who's breaking up really hard off mic - think one episode in particular Tim Meadows was absolutely losing it during a scene but I never would have realised on audio.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I've become ridiculously addicted to Ronna & Beverly in the past week. I've always had a soft spot for borscht belt/Catskills/"Jewish" humor that I can't explain(I'm born and raised in dipshit south central/eastern Kentucky) and I'm loving in love with this podcast. It is the tits, y'all.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I actually love Ronna & Beverly because half of my family are all Jewish and live in NY/Jersey. Its like hearing my grandma and my aunt have a conversation. It's so precise that it's spooky.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ronna and Beverly are great when they get a guest who will antagonize them and play along. I don't listen to them every week, but they really scratch an itch sometimes.

Excuse me

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah, I love them too, although their podcast has gotten a little formulaic, particularly the guest interviews. Whenever there is a window into their "world" with Beverly having committed some awful faux pas at the last Passover or whatever it's great.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Behold! A Elk! posted:

I actually love Ronna & Beverly because half of my family are all Jewish and live in NY/Jersey. Its like hearing my grandma and my aunt have a conversation. It's so precise that it's spooky.

I'm a Jew on the opposite side of the spectrum. I had to turn off their episode of Sklarbro Country 30 minutes. If given the choice of never having to hear a grating NY Jewish accent again, it's a very easy decision for me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

R&B are great. I'm not sure any other host/character could get away with talking about purposefully masturbating in front of a child.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007
I saw Ronna & Beverly this week at JFL in Montreal - they played a gala called the 'Bar Mitzvah' show and ate a ton of poo poo because the crowd was 80% Ronnas and Beverlys that did not enjoy them going blue.

It was pretty painful.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I'm only about ten minutes into the HDTGM on Over the Top and it's already everything I imagined it could be.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I get nervous when Scott makes a plug for Reality Show Show and they jokingly talk about their numbers on the show. I'm plugging it to all my friends, don't die from lack of listeners RSS :ohdear:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Terry Glenn posted:

I'm only about ten minutes into the HDTGM on Over the Top and it's already everything I imagined it could be.

It's fantastic. I love all of the live shows, it just adds to the energy so much. And the audience questions are easily my favourite part of HDTGM. The first guy on the mic should be a regular part of the show.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agree with everyone on how great the live HDTGM episodes are + how on point the audience and their questions tend to be. The woman today who pointed out the name of the boy in Over The Top deserves a goddamn medal.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

GraPar posted:

The woman today who pointed out the name of the boy in Over The Top deserves a goddamn medal.

Jesus, moments like that are the reason I'll defend HDTGM to the end of the earth. I'm pretty sure most live episodes have an audience question like that, or at least a moment like that. The audience rumbling in anticipation of June bringing up the possible incest in Demolition Man. The audience member pointing out the cyclical ending of Devil's Advocate. The same thing happened in-studio with the Zooks realizing the importance of the character names in Reindeer Games.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The last few live eps of HDTGM have been fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I rewatched Demolition Man before listening to that podcast, and it was well worth it. That live Stallone double header was a great idea.

"That was a thousand percent his daughter, right?!"