Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm really curious what bullshit they're going to pull this year because supposedly the subscription sales are down, like the worst since the service started. I mean if the service is catered towards resellers, the biggest resellers of all are chain stores. That and they should really get called out for their figures winding up at Big Lots of all places for 10 dollars each. If they can sell them for 10 dollars, why not have them be 10 dollars in stores like Wal-Mart, target, and Toysrus. I just hope Original version Randor turns up at Big lots and Zodac. I have the TRU version Zodac with green Lantern, but he's just not the same.

I'm also hoping for more beast figures, the last one we got was the Griffin. It really sort of sucks that we don't have more beasts and vehicles which is what really made the original MOTU line.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Man, I'm glad I never started collecting the MOTUC stuff, it sounds like collecting it is a nightmare.

I find it interesting how Mattel keeps on saying that the line would not survive at retail, yet another recently re-booted 80's and early 90's franchise, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, are selling like crazy. Playmates knows how to get product on the shleves, and in appropriate quantitites and case packs. I have had no problems getting any of the TMNT figures I want.

I'm really looking foward to getting their Movie version of their TMNT classics collection. And I know I will actually be able to find it in a store, and at an acceptable price.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're getting a case of the TMNT Classics this week, the revision case with Rocksteady and Bebop. Have those guys been sighted at TRU yet?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

We're getting a case of the TMNT Classics this week, the revision case with Rocksteady and Bebop. Have those guys been sighted at TRU yet?

So far my local Toys R Us's have only gotten in the Turtles. Hopefully the revised cases will start showing up soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jace Madan posted:

So far my local Toys R Us's have only gotten in the Turtles. Hopefully the revised cases will start showing up soon.

Well being the jerk I am that takes advantage of my job I will be snagging one of each for myself so I will post a review when I get them.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Here is a nice, clear pic of the Movie TMNT Leo:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

Is this set coming in their 9" Classics line?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

I find it interesting how Mattel keeps on saying that the line would not survive at retail, yet another recently re-booted 80's and early 90's franchise, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, are selling like crazy. Playmates knows how to get product on the shleves, and in appropriate quantitites and case packs. I have had no problems getting any of the TMNT figures I want.
I'm also blown away by the (perceived, as I don't own any) quality of the TMNT figures, and the price. They're like $9 or something, for a toy that looks well-made and with a ton of accessories and weapons and poo poo that I'm sure I'd have loved when I was a kid.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Jace Madan posted:

Wait what? Had no idea these were being made. God dammit. Are they out yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Struck out at two Big Lots so far, no MOTU. They did have the Ghostbuster 2 packs for $30 each though.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Wait what? Had no idea these were being made. God dammit. Are they out yet?

They come out in spring of 2014.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

I'm also blown away by the (perceived, as I don't own any) quality of the TMNT figures, and the price. They're like $9 or something, for a toy that looks well-made and with a ton of accessories and weapons and poo poo that I'm sure I'd have loved when I was a kid.

I would usually go to KB Toys to pick up Turtles figures they were usually on sale for 2 for 5 dollars or some low amount. But alas no more Kaybees to offer crazy discounts on Playmates figures.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

WendigoJohnson posted:

I would usually go to KB Toys to pick up Turtles figures they were usually on sale for 2 for 5 dollars or some low amount. But alas no more Kaybees to offer crazy discounts on Playmates figures.

A company called A 2 Z Toys bought out some of the KB stores, like in the Florida Mall in Orlando. Clearly they just changed the signs out front because there's figures in there from the late 90s still.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah, the turtle figures are a very high quality. The plastic they are made out of is super tough, and seems to be made for kids playing rough with them. And I also love the weapon racks they come with, it really plays up the nostalgia.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

A company called A 2 Z Toys bought out some of the KB stores, like in the Florida Mall in Orlando. Clearly they just changed the signs out front because there's figures in there from the late 90s still.

I might have to go looking for a few locations then. Kaybee Toys were still stocking the pre-transmetals Cybershark waves when Transformers Cybertron was in full swing. And one time I even found the complete line of Machines Wars post year 2000 with the Deluxes being a dollar and all the big guys being 5 dollars.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Got the SDCC Neca "Albino Predator" from Batman: Dead End in the mail today, he's pretty kickass. You can see big pics of him here.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I miss KB Toys so much. I had a Outlet about 10 minutes from me so I would go in all the time and pick up crazy old toys for next to nothing.

loving Mitt Romney.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Here is a odd request. Anyone have any pictures of old toy store aisles? I saw a picture a couple of weeks ago of a Toys R Us GI Joe aisle from the late 80s and I'd love to geek out over some more. You know back before TRU and everyone else became awful.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sanschel posted:

Four Horsemen's Raven Kickstarter is finally live

Minotaur the Duck will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Just to update but they've just crossed the 7th stretch goal: wings are now a go. There will be an update on them tomorrow.
I went with Minotaur the Duck (my gf laughed for a minute straight when he popped up on the video) and Quetzalcoatl because...I mean come on.
I'm debating so hard on the Vulture and Cardinal...

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Jace Madan posted:

I can't believe the TMNT retro line is loving around with more turtles instead of Shredder and Krang. Again.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I can't believe the TMNT retro line is loving around with more turtles instead of Shredder and Krang. Again.

Supposedly Shredder and Splinter are due out next year while Beebop and Rocksteady are hitting stores shortly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The movie guys will have their own style of packaging I think, it's kind of like the GL subset of the DCU Classics line. They're the same style figures but they gave them their own sub line.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Supposedly Shredder and Splinter are due out next year while Beebop and Rocksteady are hitting stores shortly.

Weird, I thought I looked around pretty thoroughly for TMNT retro news and didn't see the stuff about Shredder. Hope it's true.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I don't think anyone from Playmates confirmed or hinted at anything past the movie turtles. From my meetings with them they seem really cautious about the whole "Classics" line.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

I don't think anyone from Playmates confirmed or hinted at anything past the movie turtles. From my meetings with them they seem really cautious about the whole "Classics" line.

I would buy the poo poo out of a Classics Slash, Krang(walker or android), and Casey Jones. I'm so hoping to find Rocksteady and Bepop.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I bought Mikey and Splinter and to be fair, they are a bit lacking on paint apps but for 9.95 you can't beat them. I'm going to add a metal chain to Mikey's chucks and redo Splinter's face so it looks more show accurate.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Weird, I thought I looked around pretty thoroughly for TMNT retro news and didn't see the stuff about Shredder. Hope it's true.

They said they're considering Shredder and Splinter IF the line continues to do well. Apologies, should've clarified.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

They said they're considering Shredder and Splinter IF the line continues to do well. Apologies, should've clarified.

Welp guess I need to go drop $80 to help make this a reality.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Welp guess I need to go drop $80 to help make this a reality.

There's six figures in the line. $120 at SRP dude.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

There's six figures in the line. $120 at SRP dude.

Well, $80 until Bebop and Rocksteady appear near me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Well, $80 until Bebop and Rocksteady appear near me.

Good luck, they're only 1/3 of the case so they'll be harder to find. Two fulls sets per case.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Good luck, they're only 1/3 of the case so they'll be harder to find. Two fulls sets per case.

Yeah the classics wave JUST showed up at my local TRU. I have a good 9 months before I see the revision.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rhyno posted:

Wonderful.

I never did find a Foot Soldier when I was a kid, and that was the one I wanted most. Never saw the goddamned thing once.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Just like the full-on retro figure re-release line, they really have no idea what made the line popular. Turtles are great but they are going to going to keep shortpacking/delaying the villains until the line fails due to lack of sales. When I was a kid my friends and I had one or two of the turtles and went apeshit trying to get all the other guys-- Baxter Stockman, Mutagen Man, Mondo Gecko, Krang... Just releasing the turtles is like if MOTUC's initial release had consisted of He-Man, Stratos, Man-at-Arms, and Prince Adam. I mean yeah, no poo poo sales would've been weak compared to including Skeletor and Hordak.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Just like the full-on retro figure re-release line, they really have no idea what made the line popular. Turtles are great but they are going to going to keep shortpacking/delaying the villains until the line fails due to lack of sales. When I was a kid my friends and I had one or two of the turtles and went apeshit trying to get all the other guys-- Baxter Stockman, Mutagen Man, Mondo Gecko, Krang... Just releasing the turtles is like if MOTUC's initial release had consisted of He-Man, Stratos, Man-at-Arms, and Prince Adam. I mean yeah, no poo poo sales would've been weak compared to including Skeletor and Hordak.

They TMNT figs are not short packed. There will be two of each figure in the case.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rhyno posted:

They TMNT figs are not short packed. There will be two of each figure in the case.

Yeah, but any kid that wants a Leonardo already has one, and needs a villain to complement it. He doesn't want Leonardo dressed up as a private eye.

Speaking of which: I don't remember knowing any kids who just HAD to have Garbageman Leonardo, Astronaut Raph, Accountant Mike, or Disco Donatello. I will never understand the thought process that leads to Sub-Zero or Jungle Fury Batman figures, instead of just putting a standard, classic Batman figure up there. When I was a kid, I wanted the toys of the characters I saw on the screen - not the theme of the horseshit side job they had on the weekend to make ends meet.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Actually according to BBTS the case will have 3x Bebop and 3x Rocksteady

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=PLM11315&mode=retail

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Actually according to BBTS the case will have 3x Bebop and 3x Rocksteady

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=PLM11315&mode=retail

According to Diamond its a 12 figure case with 2 of each figure. I will report actual case contents tomorrow.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

According to Diamond its a 12 figure case with 2 of each figure. I will report actual case contents tomorrow.

Weird. Why in the world would there be two different case assortments dropping at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Here's what Diamond has to say

quote:

Product Update (4/22/2013): The price has changed from $124.80 to the new price of $187.20.

Product Update (5/13/2013): Solicited with 8 figures, now contains 12

Retailers who already have the cases are saying two of each figure.