Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I am going to hold off until these characters on sale - I find the lack of Season Pass #2 offensive considering the lack of content. No backgrounds, no free missions, no icons, and now no discount on blind-buying all characters. They also kept everybody's most-wanted guy out of the 1st 4 characters so that they could sell him with no discount. That's complete poo poo.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I wonder how much people complaining about the Season 1 pass influenced this change. My only complaint about last time was you were buying whatever characters blind, but a "free" character and 3 flashpoint costumes was a fair deal with me.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
How often do games come out with two season passes, anyway? Doesn't that happen literally never?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I bought the season pass after it came out and I tried Zod at a friend's house and really enjoyed him. I already liked Batgirl so it was essentially 5 bucks extra for 2 characters I didn't particularly care for and some skins. So I said "eh what the hell".

I mean the only way I can see myself buying any of these second characters at full price is if they really knock it out of the park on Zatanna and also include a great Swamp Thing, who I've always had a soft spot for. Otherwise I'm gonna grit my teeth and wait for a sale.

Krad posted:

How often do games come out with two season passes, anyway? Doesn't that happen literally never?

You're not wrong, but precedent is a guide, not a shackle.

Vanilla Sweetness
Sep 14, 2007
Has there ever been a game that has a second season pass? Maybe they just can't do it for some reason.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Most games don't go beyond 4 pieces of DLC that are big enough to warrant inclusion in a season pass. This seems like it's going to make them less money though, personally I would have bought a season pass when MM came out but now I'll probably just wait and be a bit more choosy. If none of the other characters are of interest then they'll have made less money from me than they would have otherwise.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You're not wrong, but precedent is a guide, not a shackle.

The thing is, I think there's a chance they were originally going to stop at four DLC characters, but now that they've had a huge success with sales, they're willing to add a couple more than that.

I mean, for all we know, we'll only get MM and Red Hood, that's it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Krad posted:

The thing is, I think there's a chance they were originally going to stop at four DLC characters, but now that they've had a huge success with sales, they're willing to add a couple more than that.

I respectfully disagree about the chance that they were only going to release 4 characters. There was no chance they weren't going to release Martian Manhunter. He was A-1 #1 SuperFan choice from the get-go. I truly believe there were always going to be five characters, and MMH was always going to be outside of the season pass to earn maximum revenue off the fans. Beyond that, I agree we're into uncharted territory. It's totally possible we'll only get 1 more character besides MMH (almost certainly Red Hood, sadly I agree with you 100%), although I hope not. Learning matchups is fun and, provided they aren't joke tier or Superman tier characters I like new faces added to the roster. Oh well, nothing to do now but wait.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
However, the spanish FB page let slip that it would be a second season pass

Roughly it says this:

'We know if it'll be a second season pass?'

'It will'

And more teasing:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/360454871268331521

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/360455885237141504

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/360457731150323714

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Roughly it says this:

'Do we know if it'll be a second season pass?'

'It will'

And more teasing:

The original DLC cast leaked from a Latin Website as well, this is legit.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Roughly it says this:

'We know if it'll be a second season pass?'

'It will'

And more teasing:

Boon! :argh:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I'm very confident that there will be no Season Pass 2 and No Sub-Zero, and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. I'll chip in ten bucks toward the next tourney reward if either of those things come to pass. It's a win-win for everyone! Make sure you call me on this if it actually does happen, because I'm very rash and forgetful - a lethal combination.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Well, Martian Manhunter was my big surprise. I thought NRS was going to stop at 4 DLCs like they did MK, but now they mention even more? Still crossing my fingers for Static Shock. Ed Boon still has yet to troll him out.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

They probably don't want to commit to 4 more DLC characters if it looks like demand won't justify the expense of making a second, third or fourth this time around.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Mattavist posted:

They probably don't want to commit to 4 more DLC characters if it looks like demand won't justify the expense of making a second, third or fourth this time around.

I haven't bought any of the DLC characters yet but I'd be more than willing to if they were characters I actually wanted. I'd plunk down some good money for Zatana, Question, Power Girl, or Booster Gold.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Neo Helbeast posted:

I haven't bought any of the DLC characters yet but I'd be more than willing to if they were characters I actually wanted. I'd plunk down some good money for Zatana, Question, Power Girl, or Booster Gold.

Well the less people buy the characters they have now, the less incentive they have to add more. It sucks, but your best odds of getting Booster are to spend money on Lobo and hope for the best. As soon as the returns on DLC get small enough, they'll just stop adding stuff to the game completely and move on to working full time on Injustice 2 or MK10 or whatever.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They also kept everybody's most-wanted guy out of the 1st 4 characters so that they could sell him with no discount. That's complete poo poo.

Lobo was by far the most-wanted guy.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Did they purposfully give Lobo baby hands?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm shocked that I keep doing even remotely well with some of these characters nun. :v:

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
So how unlikely is it one of the characters will be Beast Boy? I mean might as well go for the rest of the titans now.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

I'm shocked that I keep doing even remotely well with some of these characters nun. :v:

I remember I fought you last night but I don't remember anything about it. I was kinda trashed. Sorry :(

Edit: I think I still am considering...everything in the world.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 27, 2013

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think we'd see Animal Man before we'd see Beast Boy.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
"This homo cheated" - Well he got it half right because I didn't cheat.

Edit: Eeeh gads. Shazam has a really long...neck. Christ it's the length of a ladder.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 27, 2013

MyushiVerSCOOTY
Jan 22, 2004

SirDrone posted:

So how unlikely is it one of the characters will be Beast Boy? I mean might as well go for the rest of the titans now.

a full-on shapeshifter character would probably be too resource intensive. NRS doesn't wan't to make models and frames for a dozen animals just for one dlc character.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

MyushiVerSCOOTY posted:

a full-on shapeshifter character would probably be too resource intensive. NRS doesn't wan't to make models and frames for a dozen animals just for one dlc character.

If it was closer to Noob Saibot in MK9, where a particular few attacks 'Change Shape' of the user. For Example, Beast Boy does a 112 combo. Maybe that combo is Punch, Punch, Gorilla Arm Overhead.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Unbound posted:

If it was closer to Noob Saibot in MK9, where a particular few attacks 'Change Shape' of the user. For Example, Beast Boy does a 112 combo. Maybe that combo is Punch, Punch, Gorilla Arm Overhead.

However that sounds really similar to MMH's gameplay so I doubt they would go with that.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Freaking anyone is more interesting than green boy.

You know who we need? Calendar Man and Clock King. Heck, they could be a tag team!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^ I wouldn't mind a joke character like Egg Fu/Chang Tzu. But any character like that had his slot taken by Scorpion.

Edit: Did a bunch of new players buy the game within the last week since I've been gone? I've been fighting a lot of newbies that quit before they get a hit in/good players that have made new accounts that kick my rear end.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 27, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Gasti, you are like the overlord of all that is good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Edit: Did a bunch of new players buy the game within the last week since I've been gone? I've been fighting a lot of newbies that quit before they get a hit in/good players that have made new accounts that kick my rear end.

So as per usual then.

Also :cawg: Megaman's Jockstrap

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Gasti, you are like the overlord of all that is good.

Right after we had our matches, I got my rear end handed to me by a Bane player, of all people. He really knew how to use his trait venom. :negative:

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Michigan Ranbats was yesterday, and there were a couple of great sets between Alucard (Ares) and JDM (GL/Flash):

Set 1
(1/2) http://www.twitch.tv/addmitt/b/436885079?t=25m11s
(2/2) http://www.twitch.tv/addmitt/b/436898446

Set 2
(1/1) http://www.twitch.tv/addmitt/b/436898446?t=17m54s

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Equilibrium posted:

Michigan Ranbats was yesterday, and there were a couple of great sets between Alucard (Ares) and JDM (GL/Flash):

(2/2) http://www.twitch.tv/addmitt/b/436898446=

Welp, good to know other flashes accidentally go into running stance with certain combos as well. Good sets, thanks for linking.

Also RIP 360 crew, haven't seen Errant or Unbound or Suddenblackout playing in forever.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

Also RIP 360 crew, haven't seen Errant or Unbound or Suddenblackout playing in forever.

Sorry, life really kicked my rear end lately.

I will be on more, probably around when MM drops and the weeks after.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

AndyElusive posted:

Balls and pancakes. You've got this.

I forgot about MM, looking forward to the next resurgence.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

I will be on more, probably around when MM drops and the weeks after.

Same story. The Steam Sale didn't help much either. I don't think I'm going to get MM, But I'll play lose some when he comes out.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

MyushiVerSCOOTY posted:

Well there goes the idea of a T-rex fighting batman

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry

Holy Calamity! posted:

Welp, good to know other flashes accidentally go into running stance with certain combos as well. Good sets, thanks for linking.

I was at doing Army poo poo for last 2 weeks, but im back now baby.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I wish Lobo was better. He's just so bad. :smith:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

SuddenBlackout posted:

I was at doing Army poo poo for last 2 weeks, but im back now baby.

Hell yeah great matches tonight man. Sorry about your meter button!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Since there is no MK9 thread anymore and I figure a bunch of MK players play this, I thought I'd ask my question here. I have one challenge left in the tower and it's the last test you might challenge. Does anyone have any tips for it because I can not push those buttons fast enough. Also gently caress that Army of Shao Khan challenge.

• Locked thread