Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The Kraken is god damned fantastic with pSkarre are you kidding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
One of my Cryx players likes the Kraken with eSkarre. Death ward ? Isn't too bad a spell on it.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

That's not the kraken making pSkarre look good, she's like pDenny, a born turd-polisher.

Plus all I'm really saying is that the change from two colossal spells to two not-colossal spells dulled my enthusiasm, since I was reading the two variations of Sturgis in the preview in order. I was like "Goddamn get this guy a Stormwall" and then "Oh. Welp, stealthed Satyxis could be pretty cool, I guess."

theironjef fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 29, 2013

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've played a single battlebox game with my Cryx and even I know that Skarre loves the Kraken.

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
I will never remember Skarre2 because I'm a terrible person who uses the DJ with her and I should probably use the Kraken with Skarre1 and two wraith engines for Reasons.

(I should probably play Skarre more, overall, but I like iron liches too much)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

theironjef posted:

That's not the kraken making pSkarre look good, she's like pDenny, a born turd-polisher.

Plus all I'm really saying is that the change from two colossal spells to two not-colossal spells dulled my enthusiasm, since I was reading the two variations of Sturgis in the preview in order. I was like "Goddamn get this guy a Stormwall" and then "Oh. Welp, stealthed Satyxis could be pretty cool, I guess."

Skarre can't just take literally anything the way pDenny does. Not even close.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Vulich the Subtle posted:

I will never remember Skarre2 because I'm a terrible person who uses the DJ with her and I should probably use the Kraken with Skarre1 and two wraith engines for Reasons.

(I should probably play Skarre more, overall, but I like iron liches too much)

Is it bad I saw "DJ" and thought "MC Thunderhead" instead of "Deathjack?"

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

CobiWann posted:

Is it bad I saw "DJ" and thought "MC Thunderhead" instead of "Deathjack?"

Not even fate can touch these beats.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I want to run a witch coven Machine Minds tier list with 2 iron liches each with 3 helldivers under their control. It'd be funny as poo poo.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the Junior Warcaster, and worry about Sturgis when he goes to general release. I have a really casual style Warmahordes meta so I'll probably proxy him for now so I can get the hang of him.

Thanks for the advice.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
:siren:Image dump incoming:siren:

Since my game performance has been piss poor since switching back to Cygnar, the only way I'm going to place well in the current league is to paint like mad. Working from home a lot this month also helps...

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

KingMob posted:

Since my game performance has been piss poor since switching back to Cygnar, the only way I'm going to place well in the current league is to paint like mad. Working from home a lot this month also helps

Nice work. I especially like the Cyriss warcaster's base.

Who's the dude with the green head?

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego

Verdugo posted:

Who's the dude with the green head?

I converted a Stormsmith into a... Stormwraith? Wraithsmith? Whichever, he's worth 3 points.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Those are rad as gently caress mate, nicely done. Got any close up of the Cockwork Angels?

Adrian Finol posted:

Painted a thing last week.

No comments on this? Very nice! got any close ups of the wear and tear effects?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

KingMob posted:

I was pretty :geno: about them until I saw the angels :allears: those are awesome, your Cyriss could use more gold.

VVV: First sealer, then grass. Never the other way around.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 29, 2013

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
One reason why they all seem a little dulled out is that my sealer fogged a bit. I haven't yet attempted to seal the Angels, so they are still shiny and have good contrast. I contemplated more gold, but I like the clean look of mostly-steel. Also, my photo skills need a lot of work, even on my wife's fancy camera.

lovely phone close-up:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

S.J. posted:

The Kraken is god damned fantastic with pSkarre are you kidding me

And eSkarre, and pDenny, and eGoreshade, and Gasp3.

Basically the kraken is wonderful.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

How about Gaspy2? Daemortus isn't a cloud effect, correct? So you could drop that down, then throw down its big rear end gun and reap some sweet sweet souls, no? I haven't touched my Cryx in a while.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sab669 posted:

How about Gaspy2? Daemortus isn't a cloud effect, correct? So you could drop that down, then throw down its big rear end gun and reap some sweet sweet souls, no? I haven't touched my Cryx in a while.

With Gaspy2 that's an awful lot of points to spend on something other than precious renewable grunts.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Gaspy2 is one of the few casters I'd never bring a Kraken with.
(Along with pGoreshade)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
With the power of cryx casters, I don't think spending that many points is really worth it to generate the attacks it does. I mean, Kraken is good with pSkarre, don't get me wrong, but anything melee is good with pSkarre, so what does that really say? I mean, with pDenny you could say my previous sentence but just delete melee.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

The Kraken is great because all the cryx casters can buff like wild, but also because a lot of scenarios want you to hold a zone or objective, and nothing beats a big rear end colossal for that.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.

KingMob posted:

One reason why they all seem a little dulled out is that my sealer fogged a bit. I haven't yet attempted to seal the Angels, so they are still shiny and have good contrast. I contemplated more gold, but I like the clean look of mostly-steel. Also, my photo skills need a lot of work, even on my wife's fancy camera.

lovely phone close-up:

How'd you do the gold/bronze wings? I really like the dark to light shades

\/\/ Sweet, I will be borrowing this for mine!

Mt. ORourke fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 29, 2013

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
2 base coats of GW Auric Armour Gold, washed heavily with Agrax Earthshade and then drybrushed back up with the gold. Super easy.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Not nearly as awesome as that angel, but a pyre troll seemed like as good a time as any to try out flames and OSL.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
:frogsiren:Warmans Podcast 3!:frogsiren:

http://museonminis.com/warmans-episode-3-now-with-mom-jokes/

Explicit.

Bill, Brian B, Dan, and JLF talk about :

High Command/news/exclusive cards

Khador BFF’s

Khador things we want to see more on the table

Anti-Brick chat (seriously F that ultra-brick)

Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/warmanspodcast

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

PaintVagrant posted:

:frogsiren:Warmans Podcast 3!:frogsiren:

http://museonminis.com/warmans-episode-3-now-with-mom-jokes/

Explicit.

Bill, Brian B, Dan, and JLF talk about :

High Command/news/exclusive cards

Khador BFF’s

Khador things we want to see more on the table

Anti-Brick chat (seriously F that ultra-brick)

Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/warmanspodcast

Oh man, I literally finished episode 2 about 20 minutes ago. This podcast is so good, though your volume normalizing between people talking and your segment bumpers could use a bit of work. Those audio clips always seem a ton louder.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! We are trying to get everything leveled properly. I think on ep 3 the bumps are a little bit closer to regular volume, but let me know if you think they are still really loud.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Yay Warmans! You guys have made it into my top 3 favorite podcasts very quickly! (It's you, Muse on Minis, and Road to War)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Gay Polymers posted:

Yay Warmans! You guys have made it into my top 3 favorite podcasts very quickly! (It's you, Muse on Minis, and Road to War)

I got my butt kicked by one of the muse on minis this past weekend at a tournament.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

Khisanth Magus posted:

I got my butt kicked by one of the muse on minis this past weekend at a tournament.

They have like 4 guys who get into Masters consistently, you shouldn't feel bad about losing to one of them. They play and dojo this game a ton.

(Unless you lost to Crump, then you might have a reason to feel bad.)

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I inspired the whole :dealwithit: section about bricks. Doing some serious BIRGin' over here.

Edit- that is, by owning muggins (who is too cool to post here apparently) with Madrak ultra brick. :owned:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Gay Polymers posted:

They have like 4 guys who get into Masters consistently, you shouldn't feel bad about losing to one of them. They play and dojo this game a ton.

(Unless you lost to Crump, then you might have a reason to feel bad.)

I don't really pay any attention to podcasts in general, but his name was Colin I think.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Fyrbrand posted:

I inspired the whole :dealwithit: section about bricks. Doing some serious BIRGin' over here.

Edit- that is, by owning muggins (who is too cool to post here apparently) with Madrak ultra brick. :owned:

I hope there was much anger and cursing.

What was the list you used?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I enjoyed that podcast.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

Khisanth Magus posted:

I don't really pay any attention to podcasts in general, but his name was Colin I think.

Colin? Oh boy, might want to melt down your minis... :)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Gay Polymers posted:

Colin? Oh boy, might want to melt down your minis... :)

To be fair, I had played a total of 2 games of warmachine in the previous 3 months.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I hope there was much anger and cursing.

What was the list you used?

Mike is one of the chillest dudes I know but he's had trouble dealing with my bricky lists. He was especially not pleased when he mostly bounced off my brick, then forgot to feat with pIrusk. He then had to watch Mulg alone pac-man his way through ~18 infantry models including all but 2-3 Winter Guard.

I use the standard mega beast brick that John and Chad popularized:

System: Hordes
Faction: Trollblood
Casters: 1/1
Chief Madrak Ironhide (*6pts)
* Troll Axer (6pts)
* Dire Troll Mauler (9pts)
* Earthborn Dire Troll (10pts)
* Mulg the Ancient (12pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Stone Scribes (4pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (Leader and 1 Grunt) (1pts)
Feralgeist (1pts)
Janissa Stonetide (3pts)
Troll Whelps (2pts)
Troll Whelps (2pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)

Most of the list is pretty set in stone, but there's some wiggle room in the light beast option and some of the solos. I like the Axer for pathfinder, plus he's no slouch at Armor 20 under the stone aura. But I was intrigued when Bill (I think) on Warmans mentioned someone at his store using a Storm Troll. Gives a nice infantry clearing option in the animus, which is good since even with the feat/carnage combo loads of infantry can be a problem. I'll have to try it. Feralgeist is nice to contest or hold zones as long as there's no magic weapons nearby. The champ is just another nice recipient of the feat, and can easily be swapped out.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Gay Polymers posted:

That's high praise. Thanks buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

PaintVagrant posted:

That's high praise. Thanks buddy.

No prob, it's well deserved. You guys do a great job of going really in depth on a topic and I'm a big fan of that. Similar to Muse back when they started, their new format is nice, but I feel like they rush a lot of their segments. I also wish they would pre-screen the Lightning Round stuff and answer more of the game related questions and less of the dumb ones... (and maybe use the threads I start in the forums to get some questions from, for once!)

• Locked thread