Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Also, Badass Constructors and their ilk are way, way harder than any (non-raid) boss.

If you have a shock Vladof sniper then they become pretty trivial, but any less and they're a loving nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

raditts posted:

If you have a shock Vladof sniper then they become pretty trivial, but any less and they're a loving nightmare.
If you find appropriate cover. And with an Anarchy Mechro I can't hit poo poo with a sniper rifle.

But correspondingly just shoot whatever weapon you have with an Anarchy Mechro and it'll die fast but it's still a nightmare if you end up dead and stackless :(

EDIT: it's really not that hard with a Gunzerker and tons of points in Rampage, but they're still harder than anything else in this game.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 28, 2013

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
I feel like I keep dying and can't hit poo poo. Is this a common thing with this game or do I just suck?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Incendiary Pig posted:

I feel like I keep dying and can't hit poo poo. Is this a common thing with this game or do I just suck?

This game is just a constant chain of finding the right gun, outleveling it, and finding another one.

RoboHoboCop
Dec 9, 2011
I just beat the Tiny Tina DLC, but I didn't get the head customization like when I beat the other DLC's. Is there some other way to get it to drop ?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Tiny Tina heads don't drop, they're doing something different with them this time around ('different' means shift codes). There's a save floating around with all the heads and skins from the DLC in its inventory if you want it. :shrug:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Incendiary Pig posted:

1. Upgrade your guns.
2. Respec your skills.
3. Go level a bit.
4. Try, try again.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

CJacobs posted:

The Tiny Tina heads don't drop, they're doing something different with them this time around ('different' means shift codes). There's a save floating around with all the heads and skins from the DLC in its inventory if you want it. :shrug:

I dunno I got the zero dlc head and I've never put in any codes.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I've done a lot of duping guns with other goons but is there a group of people somewhere who dupe heads for each other?

I've unlocked a couple from Poker Night 2, wish there was a way I could dupe them for people.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rough Lobster posted:

I dunno I got the zero dlc head and I've never put in any codes.

They seem to be very rare random drops.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

The Berzerker posted:

I've done a lot of duping guns with other goons but is there a group of people somewhere who dupe heads for each other?

I've unlocked a couple from Poker Night 2, wish there was a way I could dupe them for people.

I'm pretty sure those heads can't be duped, since there's no actual item to unlock it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah I know. I just wish I could, like I said. The Brock Samson head is great.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Accidentally deleted my game saves anyone wanna help me out with gear?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah I know. I just wish I could, like I said. The Brock Samson head is great.

Bought that game specifically for the BL2 rewards, I got Gaige's head and realized the game was a giant pile of poo poo and I suck at poker and ragequit forever. I'd loving love that Brock head but I don't think I'll ever get it :smith:

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

The Duke posted:

Bought that game specifically for the BL2 rewards, I got Gaige's head and realized the game was a giant pile of poo poo and I suck at poker and ragequit forever. I'd loving love that Brock head but I don't think I'll ever get it :smith:

Look up borderlands 2 gpd editor you can unlock all the skins for the characters just not the ones you need to buy

Skater h8er fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 29, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Duke posted:

Gaige's head is the best one so congrats. Also sorry you are poo poo at poker.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Skater h8er posted:

Look up borderlands 2 gpd editor you can unlock all the skins for the characters just not the ones you need to buy

you can unlock any head, but if it's a poker reward/loot box item/bought head then it'll go away if you ever change to another head.

DecentHairJelly posted:

So I was farming the loot midget room this morning and so far I've had 2 legendary drops fall right through the floor. I thought that maybe I was killing them too fast (phaselocking as they jump out before they even hit the floor) so I started letting them walk out into the big hallway, but their poo poo still occasionally drops right through the floor. What gives? This ever happen to anyone else?

you never got an answer, but yes... this happens. kinda no matter what you do. given that bloodwing/mothrakk loot can frequently do the same thing and I don't think I've ever seen it happen anywhere else(not counting things stuck under warrior, etc.) my guess is that it's due to the physics of the level.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 29, 2013

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Not true i used it and i'm able to freely swap between any of the heads even the poker ones and Goliath ones you just can't get the heads/skins that you have to actually buy, maybe you're thinking of using gibbs to put a certain head on but not really unlocking it while with the gpd editor it can unlock all the skins/heads for the characters and the skins for vehicles

Skater h8er fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 29, 2013

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

With a game that has such a large multiplayer focus, wouldn't you think that GPD editor is the fast-track to getting your xbox account banned?

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Idk maybe I guess it's either that or find a character save that has all the heads and skins to drop

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Jake Blues posted:

With a game that has such a large multiplayer focus, wouldn't you think that GPD editor is the fast-track to getting your xbox account banned?

as far as using an editor to make/edit gear/items, not in the slightest. there is zero evidence to suggest gearbox gives one gently caress about any of that. personal experience is that I play with a gbx employee on a regular basis and he loves the poo poo out of some of the ridiculous things I've showed him. like a bane that shoots norfleet rounds.

Skater h8er posted:

Not true i used it and i'm able to freely swap between any of the heads even the poker ones and Goliath ones you just can't get the heads/skins that you have to actually buy, maybe you're thinking of using gibbs to put a certain head on but not really unlocking it while with the gpd editor it can unlock all the skins/heads for the characters and the skins for vehicles

yes, I'm specifically talking about gibbed. I've never heard of gpd. in my opinion it's pretty useless if you can't create the actual item to unlock the head/skin so you can share with others.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
God I wish I had a PC that could run this game so I could play with Gibbed's editor.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

scary ghost dog posted:

God I wish I had a PC that could run this game so I could play with Gibbed's editor.

You can use gibbed with any thing the game came out on.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Neo Helbeast posted:

You can use gibbed with any thing the game came out on.

Yeah modded the poo poo out of my saves on Xbox with Horizon.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Sancho posted:

Yeah modded the poo poo out of my saves on Xbox with Horizon.

Is there a guide out website that clearly explains how to do all this for the 360? I think playing around with some wacky guns and character builds sounds fun.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Douche4Sale posted:

Is there a guide out website that clearly explains how to do all this for the 360? I think playing around with some wacky guns and character builds sounds fun.

Best bet would be to search for a step by step guide on youtube

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Douche4Sale posted:

The wonders of Google.

Guide worked without a hitch for me on the PS3 version.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You will literally never get banned from Borderlands 2 MP (and it won't get you banned from Live either). They have no way to moderate that kind of stuff and even if they did, they've come forward to say that they aren't going to do anything about dupers and cheaters and the like anyway. They didn't explicitly say "if you run around at a hundred miles an hour and unlock all the skins without doing it legitimately you're still fine" but it's pretty much a given that they made multiplayer to be fun, not to be severely moderated.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Man these guys cannot design bosses. Why does every boss have to have a huge death nova or undodgeable seeking missiles?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

So I've been playing this with my wife (an Assassin), and Terramorphous is destroying us.

I feel impotent playing a Siren in this fight. Elemental attacks seems very weak against him, and I can't phaselock anything.

We've decided to play some new characters for now to go for the character-specific trophies, but when that's over, would I be able to get a couple other players together to show us how to beat this jerkbag?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

PhilippAchtel posted:

So I've been playing this with my wife (an Assassin), and Terramorphous is destroying us.

I feel impotent playing a Siren in this fight. Elemental attacks seems very weak against him, and I can't phaselock anything.

We've decided to play some new characters for now to go for the character-specific trophies, but when that's over, would I be able to get a couple other players together to show us how to beat this jerkbag?

Are you using the notch? There's a little notch in the hill by the road that one person can fit in. If you crouch down, you're protected from a lot of his attacks, including the vortex thingie, and you really only have to watch out for tentacles that get too close & occasionally Terramorphous popping up right next to you. Being able to resist the vortex lets at least one person stay alive while it's happening so you don't lose any progress on DPSing him.

For the other person, I recommend using the two rock outcroppings as cover until he knocks them down. They can also protect against the vortex, but they're a little slipperier to hide behind.

For your particular pair, I guess I'd suggest having the siren anchor the notch so you can insta-res from your higher vantage point.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 30, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

PhilippAchtel posted:

How are you specced and what gear are you using? Bl2skills.com

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Rough Lobster posted:

Man these guys cannot design bosses. Why does every boss have to have a huge death nova or undodgeable seeking missiles?
Hyperius? Because the nova is easy enough to predict and you can hide behind the pipe near the entrance to dodge it. As for the missiles, you can strafe to dodge them or you can shoot them down.

I might get a flash drive and start trying out gibbed, mostly just for perfect class mods. I don't care so much about guns, but I want some good stuff for builds and good blue/purple class mods are hard to come by.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Kifisonfire posted:

Hyperius? Because the nova is easy enough to predict and you can hide behind the pipe near the entrance to dodge it. As for the missiles, you can strafe to dodge them or you can shoot them down.

I might get a flash drive and start trying out gibbed, mostly just for perfect class mods. I don't care so much about guns, but I want some good stuff for builds and good blue/purple class mods are hard to come by.

that's how it starts.

making classmods requires a certain amount of trial and error. I recommend making everything in your backpack so if you make something that wouldn't exist in the game, it won't populate when you load. I think I made 20 tactician mods just to cover all my bases and get the one I wanted.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I'm going nuts with gibbed right now, finally got my loving Ogre so I never have to play Badass Magic Slaughter ever again. Also bumped my Zer0 up to 61 because he's my least favorite character and going through TVHM legit was getting pretty painful!

edit: Also got all the Tiny Tina heads because gently caress waiting for shift codes :smugdog:

The Duke fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 30, 2013

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
For gibbed you can find codes which will give you generally the best versions of each weapon. Just copy the code and hit paste code in your backpack or bank to get it.

http://fuckwithfire.net/bl2db/ has all the codes, make sure you are in the right DB when you search, so if you're looking for class mods you have to search in the class mods DB

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Have they come up with a easy way to edit PS3 saves yet? Last time I looked it required a ridiculously convoluted method to decrypt the save files.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone on PS3 willing to dupe a Conference Call, Infinity, Quasar, Norfleet, Hide of Terramorphus, or a Might of the Seraphs? PSN: rock2much

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

kim jong-illin posted:

Have they come up with a easy way to edit PS3 saves yet? Last time I looked it required a ridiculously convoluted method to decrypt the save files.

There's a program to do it, it's essentially one-click decrypt and encrypt.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/ps3-save-editing-tutorial.840868/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

rock2much posted:

Anyone on PS3 willing to dupe a Conference Call, Infinity, Quasar, Norfleet, Hide of Terramorphus, or a Might of the Seraphs? PSN: rock2much

I have Conference Calls, Infinities, a Homing Quasar, a fire Norfleet, and maybe some other stuff if you want, I just have to remember who has all that stuff amongst my characters/mules. I should be on later. PSN: DrSmasher

• Locked thread