Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Germ posted:

and probably a Themed Group)

Huh. A Themed Group of terrain? Well, if it's alright by ineptmule, I'll allow it!

thespaceinvader posted:

Nother WIP and materials list.

If your intention is to do the Parts List bonus, I'll need you to include that stuff in your Oath Complete post, please. Likewise if you are using May's theme for a 1-point Detektuv's Jurnal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Huh. A Themed Group of terrain? Well, if it's alright by ineptmule, I'll allow it!

I was just basing that on the fact that he allowed the last set of wreck markers as a themed group. If not, no worries!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, he did. I'm pretty sure he'll go for it so I'm going to go ahead and enter it in the spreadsheet.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:PENULTIMATE OATH COMPLETE POST:pcgaming:

SRM posted:

:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:

Claiming a themed group for them, and their conversions are the weapon swap on the plasma gunner, arm swap on the chainsword guy, and the entire new top half on the third guy.

I finished these awful fast, will probably oath something else once the humidity drops down to a reasonable level.

SRM posted:

I finished up my bonus oath of one 10-man Techno-Plague Marine squad:

More pictures in the painting thread. These guys are a Themed Group.
Also, Backstory time! Claiming this one time bonus.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, he did. I'm pretty sure he'll go for it so I'm going to go ahead and enter it in the spreadsheet.

Indeed, approved as per the previous ruling.

In other news! I have completed my oath!

With some selected weapon configurations...

And my personal favourite...

And my saved whales...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Leperflesh posted:

If your intention is to do the Parts List bonus, I'll need you to include that stuff in your Oath Complete post, please. Likewise if you are using May's theme for a 1-point Detektuv's Jurnal.

I know. I'm mostly noting it here so I remember.

Thanks though - should be posting my completion pic monday I'd've thought.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

Here's Mr. Werewolf (who is a PP Hordes model but will be a standin for Avatar Marcus in Malifaux. As always apologies for lovely pictures. I have a dumb old digital camera and can't manage to get good pics even with the lightbox I bought. Its an especial shame on this one because I did a lot of blending on the arms and the back that came out really nice but you can barely see it at all in the pictures.

And here's Teddy, also a Malifaux model.

I'm claiming the Box Art bonus for him:

Germ
May 7, 2013

JoshTheStampede posted:

Here's Mr. Werewolf (who is a PP Hordes model but will be a standin for Avatar Marcus in Malifaux. ]

OK, the model is cool, and the paint job is nice, but this also has to be one of the best counts-as ideas I've heard of for a long time. Some of the Malifaux avatars have struck me as missed opportunities, and this is EXACTLY what I picture Avatar Marcus should be. A huge loving werewolf. Perfect!

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
July Oath Complete

I hate to say it, but I did a pretty bad job on this one. Just wasn't feeling it for most of the project, and I put everything together before painting which was NOT a good plan. But it is what it is, and I got to try some new techniques for rust patches out, so that's cool...

Links to the Before/After shots for Detektive's Jurnal
Before: http://imgur.com/5i2dHRS
After: http://imgur.com/ooG42HD

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
July Oath Complete

May I snake your drain, sir? Perhaps my depressed little steamjack friends can crawl around in your pipes for a while.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Oath failed, I have neither the strength nor the heart to finish it this month.

Quest Jefferson
Mar 27, 2010
Oath Complete
Here's the group photo:

Closer shots of each:

Jurnal entry: Cut and Swap
For comparison, here's the picture from my original oath post with the original hands before I chopped them:

And a closeup on the completed model.

I'm also claiming Box Art on the Kodiak, as seen here:

Quest Jefferson fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 1, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
And I am back! Been a really busy July for me, out of town quite a lot, and I have just tomorrow to modify and paint that Skarlock Thrall that Sole.Sushi has graciously accepted as my oath this month :P

Many thanks to Leperflesh for posting the reminder for the Oath Completed pictures - but it's GMT so it's actually 1 AM BST, 2 AM CET - that gives everyone an extra hour!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

Detektuv's Journal

Part's list - wherein I use way too much stuff for mediocre painting

General
Airbrush - Harder and Steenbeck Evolution Silverline
Cactus from Pegasus Hobbies
Liquitex Matte Medium
Windsor and Newton Flow Improver

Red
Minitaire - Innards
Minitaire - Scorching Red
Minitaire - Citrus Orange
Vallejo Model Color - Smoke

Black
Minitaire - Raven Black
Minitaire - Spellslinger Blue
Dawler Rowney - F.W. Black Ink

Purple
Minitaire - Demonic Skin
Vallejo Game Color - Violet Ink

Gold
Vallejo Liquid old Gold
Liquitex Ink! Transparent Burnt Umber
Vallejo Game Color - Brown Ink

Silver
Vallejo Liquid Silver
Minitaire - Ghost Tint: Midnight Blue
Minitaire - Ghost Tint: Oil Discharge
Dawler Rowney - F.W. Black Ink

Linen
Minitaire - Snow White
Vallejo Game Color - Brown Ink

Green
Minitaire - Envy Green
Minitaire - Snow White
Minitaire - Raven Black

Bases
Minitaire - Earth
Minitaire - Pumpkin Orange
Minitaire - Snow White
Minitaire - Bloodstained Mud
Minitaire - Red Clay
Minitaire - Sewage Water
Minitaire - Pestilence Flesh

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I would like to claim the I rolled a 6! point for the servo skull markers, if you'd be so kind.

Detective's Jurnel

snip!

Woo!

edit: Whoops, I forgot this guy was part of this month's work,too.

Fix fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 29, 2013

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Gingrivitus, I have no idea what I'm looking at here, but it looks rad as hell.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I call it Overconfidence 2000, aka the HQ slot that loses 3 for 4, aka that thing that Germ's wraiths ate, aka currently robot poop.

Purdy, tho.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
What game are you using that amazing combo of minis for, Fix?

Also
Oat complete woop woop

Detektuv's jurnal cut-and-swap thingie pics:

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
If I had to guess I would say that it is a 40k Grey Knight inquisitor unit.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

A-yup. The rest of the crew is over here.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Wohoo, I saved dem whales.

Now all I have to do is finish 12 boys. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaahhhh :suicide:

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
What's the melta armed dome-marine count as? M-Melta servitor I assume? Can you get a better shot of that Master Blaster guy, n' curious what he's from.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

thiswayliesmadness posted:

What's the melta armed dome-marine count as? M-Melta servitor I assume? Can you get a better shot of that Master Blaster guy, n' curious what he's from.

The servitor is the result of drunken experimentation, when I forgot that the turret on a stormraven is where the assault cannons are mounted, not the multimeltas. But, y'know, gently caress it.

I have no idea where Master Blaster came from. I got it off ebay years ago after an evening of just surfing through the general 28mm wargame section.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
:frogsiren: OATH COMPLETE. :frogsiren:

Three Chaos Terminators (GW)

Also, AWWWW, A BABY!

Don't undercoat models black if you want them to be red, kids. :shepface:

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 29, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SRM posted:

:pcgaming:PENULTIMATE OATH COMPLETE POST:pcgaming:

What, there's another one coming?

ineptmule posted:

In other news! I have completed my oath!

Congrats on saving the whales! For this month, it seems like you did cut & swap some stuff? But, I need before/after photos. What got cut, what is swapped. I can't tell if that figure comes armless and you just did some arms, which I think wouldn't qualify.

Fix posted:

Put your username in your photos. Also, in your oath post you asked if the servitor skulls counted for I Rolled a 6, so I know you intended to do that, so I gave you a point: but, please edit a declaration of such into your oath complete post, for posterity.

Bavius posted:

Wohoo, I saved dem whales.

Excellent! Be sure to include this in your oath complete post, please.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ah, right. I had a little piece of paper in there for that, but it's cropped or out of focus. Taken care of, boss.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Claiming:
Suiting Up
WIP1 WIP2 WIP3 (I've already posted these, so trying to keep size to a minimum.

Also Parts list
Plasti-kote grey primer.
Citadel Bronzed Flesh (must be 15 years old, still good, like all my old hex pots, including several with outright splits in the lids)
Miniature Paints Deep Red (no, I've never heard of the brand either, though my FLGS owner insists they're the same factory as the citadel paints, but use less extender. lovely lids though, I've already had 2 pots dry out and another is closing on it)
Citadel Leadbelcher
Citadel Mournfang Brown
Citdel Dark Angels Green
Citadel Snot Green
Citadel Scorpion Green
Miniature Paints Leather Brown
Citadel Bleached Bone
Miniature Paints Black
Citadel Blood Red
Citadel Fire Dragon Bright
Citadel Mithril Silver
Citadel Devlan Mud
Citadel Ogryn Flesh
B&Q PVA glue (which had gone a bit weird after how long I'd not used it, I hope it's still sticky)
Flora margarine A flora margarine tub full of basing sand, which came from my FLDS (Department Store, Boswell's in Oxford, great modelling department), but of which I have no idea of the brand.
Rust-oleum crystal clear matt spray varnish
And finally, by Her Majesty's Royal Mint, one penny per base as a magnet receptor. And some blu-tac to hold them on.

Brushes: Kolinsky Sable 2 and 0, plus some trashy artists brushes for washing and putting things in the (little-used for this) wet palette.
Homemade wet palette - a plastic tub, some baking paper and kitchen towel.

Hope this satisfies both bits of points.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Leperflesh posted:

What, there's another one coming?
Herp, followed by derp. Should have just said ultimate post, but got carried away using words I don't use very often :downs:

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Harkano posted:

Oath Completed!

Edit: Adding one time bonus In Battle!

Quoting myself to show In Battle addition to oath. Hope this is OK. Here he is getting his rear end handed to him by the Avatar of Menoth, previously has his rear end handed to him by Squad of Last Standed Immortals.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:
Claiming:
Suiting Up

Hope this satisfies both bits of points.

Yes sir. You get 1 point for doing a prior month's Detektuv's Jurnal, 1 point for Parts List, and 1 point for Double the Fun since this counts for that.

SRM posted:

Herp, followed by derp. Should have just said ultimate post, but got carried away using words I don't use very often :downs:

I thought so! I love the word "penultimate" in part because it's so weirdly specific and there are very few cases where it actually applies, so I'm hypersensitive to catching it in the wild, like a precious butterfly.

Harkano posted:

Quoting myself to show In Battle addition to oath. Hope this is OK. Here he is getting his rear end handed to him by the Avatar of Menoth, previously has his rear end handed to him by Squad of Last Standed Immortals.

Sure OK, you're set Harkano.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I really dig those terminators Dr. Red Ranger.

Leperflesh posted:

I thought so! I love the word "penultimate" in part because it's so weirdly specific and there are very few cases where it actually applies, so I'm hypersensitive to catching it in the wild, like a precious butterfly.

Allow me introduce you to word preantepenultimate.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I really dig those terminators Dr. Red Ranger.

Allow me introduce you to word preantepenultimate.

Propreantepenultimate. :colbert:

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren: OATH COMPLETE:siren:

One chaos ogre of nurgle

Claiming Detektuv's Journal

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE and THEMED GROUP

I swear my painting is getting better while my photography gets worse.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Congrats on saving the whales! For this month, it seems like you did cut & swap some stuff? But, I need before/after photos. What got cut, what is swapped. I can't tell if that figure comes armless and you just did some arms, which I think wouldn't qualify.

Mmm, pretty sure it doesn't qualify - those are just all the arm options done separately. I'm not intentionally going for the jurnal anyhow so even if it were to qualify so I won't be posting more pics.

(Because I'm not at home and don't have access to the models.)

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Bad weather plagued me at the beginning of the month, now I'm trying to nurse myself after a weekend riding atvs. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm going to declare my oath failed this month. Not enough time left for me to try to complete it. I guess once my muscles stop aching, I'll try to save da whales next month.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Come on. Next theme already. It's the first. I've got minis assembled and primed.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Kommando posted:

Come on. Next theme already. It's the first. I've got minis assembled and primed.

Do you mean it's the 30th? bwahahaha

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

Do you mean it's the 30th? bwahahaha

What's even more baffling is that it's not even a case of different time zones, we've got to get through the 31st too yet :psyduck:

My oathed minis are coming along, took me a while to really get started as I've been spending most of my free time eyeballing models for next month :ohdear: but.. it's getting there and coming together slowly but surely, think I'll be posting pics either tonight or last minute tomorrow before the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

My oathed minis are coming along,

I was supposed to paint last night but my mind is fried after the past few weeks of lots of travel and such so I just sat and watched hours of Tour de France highlights and every now and then looked at the Skarlock Thrall I oathed, which remains unpainted on the coffee table. I can't think of anything to Cut and Swap on him so I'll just do the WIP pictures from the first Detektuv's Jurnal and 'lose' the extra point, which doesn't even matter since I'm not eligible for anything anyway - I just don't want to have the Oathbreaker label!

But I need to crack on tonight, for real, I haven't painted since the first week of the month.

• Locked thread