Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I think he is perfectly fair now, maybe even unfair to him. I have just enough time to block his teleport now. But now that I can do that he doesn't do much damage. I think his damage should be increased and remove the crossup on his teleport, make it hit in front. Then I hink he would be perfect with a damage increase.

Edit: This was a weird message I received... He was the one playing Green Lantern...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anybody know how to MB Martian Manhunters air dash? Does he have to have his trait activated?

I've tried burning forward and backward air dashes in normal and Stretch Armstrong state and I can't for the life of me get either to go further.

His trait lets him stretch his limbs to outrageous lengths.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AndyElusive posted:

Anybody know how to MB Martian Manhunters air dash? Does he have to have his trait activated?

I've tried burning forward and backward air dashes in normal and Stretch Armstrong state and I can't for the life of me get either to go further.

His trait lets him stretch his limbs to outrageous lengths.

:flashfap:
Almost there...

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Holy Calamity! posted:

Why do people still think Scorpion's teleport is unfair :( I love fighting Scorp because it becomes a game of baiting him into teleports and predicting flames/chains. The entire game boils down to understanding the tools both you and your opponent have at your disposal and outpredicting them and Scorp makes that an easier endeavor than some. Or maybe I only feel that way because Flash gets a free 50% off of every missed teleport :shobon:

It was much worse, until they slowed it down, now it's just annoying, and needing to constantly expect it slows the game down

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh friggin boy, my PS3 hard-locked downloading the new update and now I've gotta re-download Injustice entirely. :what:

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

TheMaskedChemist posted:

It was much worse, until they slowed it down, now it's just annoying, and needing to constantly expect it slows the game down

It's the same way for me fighting batgirl as catwoman. Finger up my rear end slowly inching forward trying not to get insta ported on or wrapped up by her bat bolo thing. It's just a miserably boring fight.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Seymour Butts posted:

I've played a lot of Ranked today and I've run across about 10 ragequits. One was from the #50-something in ranked. I also learned that you can throw Aquaman after his Super animation, but before he gets super armor for the overhead. I don't know if that's a commonly known thing, but I got hype when it happened!

That's awesome. I discovered not too long ago that a well-timed Oa's Rocket will beat Superman's super.

JesusLovesRonwell fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 30, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/362281768839163905

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/362282631657816065

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/362295676580790275

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/362296457207881728

Boon :allears:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Arturo streaming some Martian Manhunter:

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

My initial thoughts on MMH are that he doesn't seem that interesting, at least compared to Zod before him. I guess Gumby Limbs power is pretty cool, though.

Edit: The fact that he can activate his trait during pretty much anything is neat, too.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 30, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

MM is pretty cool. His specials seem combo friendly, even without meter burn. It feels like his trait is necessary to get good damage from him. But hey, what do I know. I just hit buttons.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Boon and Ono really need to have a troll-off. :allears:

nauggins
Jun 26, 2009

it's big money postin' baby boy

Yardbomb posted:

Oh friggin boy, my PS3 hard-locked downloading the new update and now I've gotta re-download Injustice entirely. :what:

Mine restarts itself every god drat time I try to download the patch. Hooray!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

nauggins posted:

Mine restarts itself every god drat time I try to download the patch. Hooray!

Wait for like ten seconds at the patch confirm screen before going on. That worked for me when I was having that issue back a couple patches ago.

nauggins
Jun 26, 2009

it's big money postin' baby boy
Sure enough, that worked. Thanks for the tip.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Nothing feels better than wrecking a good zoner in ranked with catwoman and making them ragequit right as you are about to win.

I still get my win bro thanks I guess for not making me sit through the win pose.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Some solid looking MMH combos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGcnsw0AfMk

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
So what's with the new STAR labs missions? I just see the normal poo poo there.

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

Grem posted:

So what's with the new STAR labs missions? I just see the normal poo poo there.

Same ol' poo poo but with the 4 season pass characters. They show up at the end of the list but you probably need to own the characters to play them. They unlock nothing and there are no trophies involved. Just the sheer enjoyment of more STAR Labs stuff. It was a good 80mb or more to download so if you haven't specifically downloaded through the game menu you probably don't have them.

If they crank out more DLC characters after MMH I'd put money on another mission pack. I'd rather have some sort of amended story mode but that would require more cutscenes and poo poo so probably not.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Wow, Martian Manhunter's animations and model definitely look like they stuck him in the game as an afterthought.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

WarEternal posted:

Wow, Martian Manhunter's animations and model definitely look like they stuck him in the game as an afterthought.

Seriously, what's with the double punch using the same arm? That's what bothers me the most about him.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

WarEternal posted:

Yeaaah...that's pretty much what happened :v:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Turns out I'm really easy to please since I've been enjoying my time in the lab with Manhunter.

Even if after an hour or so I still don't understand how to do his MB airdash. :shrug:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

AndyElusive posted:

Turns out I'm really easy to please since I've been enjoying my time in the lab with Manhunter.

Even if after an hour or so I still don't understand how to do his MB airdash. :shrug:

Double tap forward, double tab forward while hitting Meter Burn. That burns the first bar. Then you can keep double tapping and it will burn a bar of meter every time.

Edit: Ed Boon just tweeted a clue for the next character:

"Clue #1 for Next INJUSTICE DLC character: The Cars."

Could it be Zatanna? One of The Car's bigger singles is called "Magic".

Edit2: \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Yeah I just found the thread on TestYourMight and they propose the same thing, not exactly breaking new ground with my theory here.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 1, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

That does seem to be the popular guess at this time.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I still don't really understand why people are apparently clamoring for Zatanna in a fighting game. I like her too but it's because she's a fun superhero who doesn't punch a lot of people. Barely anyone at all, in fact.

But you know, whatever.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I want The Question more than anyone, but I know it'll never happen :(

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I still don't really understand why people are apparently clamoring for Zatanna in a fighting game. I like her too but it's because she's a fun superhero who doesn't punch a lot of people. Barely anyone at all, in fact.

But you know, whatever.

Like half the characters barely punch people or physically attack, people want her because she's got a cool design, could probably have some neat attacks (which applies to any character really but she's a bit more interesting than another martial artist type or super strong brick) and magic characters are awesome.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

WarEternal posted:

I was just going to post the opposite opinion, that Martian Manhunter's fast animations and wacky appearance are a refreshing change from the slower realistic characters.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Double tap forward, double tab forward while hitting Meter Burn. That burns the first bar. Then you can keep double tapping and it will burn a bar of meter every time.

There we go.

For some reason my brain just couldn't figure this one out on its own. Thanks!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Edit: Ed Boon just tweeted a clue for the next character:

"Clue #1 for Next INJUSTICE DLC character: The Cars."

Batmobile confirmed for next DLC.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

The "wheels" of fate are always turning. Dr. Fate DLC CONFIRMED

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I'm probably not going to play tonight, but if anyone still plays on PSN (preferably in the US and especially if you're Midwest) and wants to play against the menagerie of characters I've worked on (currently most interested in improving my Batman, though), then send me a friend request at ShadowNinja64. I want to start playing more again but I've noticed that much of my friend list seems to have moved on.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
The main character of Cars is Lightning McQueen. Static Shock confirmed.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

jscolon2.0 posted:

The main character of Cars is Lightning McQueen. Static Shock confirmed.

This is the one I want to believe :sad:

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
So Injustice grand finals at WNF have been pretty great the past couple of weeks, but this week's somehow put them both to shame, check this out if you like hype or ridiculous Grundy tech:

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/439006726?t=05h32m21s

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm probably not going to play tonight, but if anyone still plays on PSN (preferably in the US and especially if you're Midwest) and wants to play against the menagerie of characters I've worked on (currently most interested in improving my Batman, though), then send me a friend request at ShadowNinja64. I want to start playing more again but I've noticed that much of my friend list seems to have moved on.

I'll add you, I have noticed the same thing and haven't been playing recently but that's because I grow real tired of playing ranked and player matches against randoms.

Equilibrium posted:

So Injustice grand finals at WNF have been pretty great the past couple of weeks, but this week's somehow put them both to shame, check this out if you like hype or ridiculous Grundy tech:

I enjoy both of those things and thanks for the link, because I am lazy.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

But you know, whatever.

I have waited all my life to see Zatanna huck a bunny at an enraged Superman and goddamn you I am so close

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Equilibrium posted:

This was extremely great, is there any way to see the other matches or are they only doing the Top 8 now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
Wow, this is some of the smartest Grundy play I have seen in awhile. Almost makes to regret dropping him, then I remember I have fireballs and its all good.

• Locked thread