Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Liar Lyre posted:

Hey, Gambit was just added to iOS. Is he any good? I'm probably still gonna save up for Punisher when he comes out. Just 34 CP to go.

I'll find out soon. I can't remember if anything was particularly broken about him.

On another note, in the Facebook version, the cosmic weapons that were for sale a couple weeks ago are ridiculously fun, if you like your hero playing out like a super-powered Union Jack. If you have the OsCorp weapon from the Havoc SpecOps season, the cannon and the cardinal gives you cosmic energy to fuel it along with a bunch of free attacks. The cannon exploits the debuffs the OsCorp weapon gives out, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gambit's one of those characters who were very good for a long time, but have been thoroughly outclassed by the characters they've released since then due to the power creep.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
I just recruited Fantomex and I have 6 days to get enough CP for SW and Iron Fist so I can beat Mephisto. I got really lucky with CP in the last few days, so I have a sinking feeling I'm gonna have to dish out 25 gold to skip mission 25 of this SO.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

ServoMST3K posted:

I just recruited Fantomex and I have 6 days to get enough CP for SW and Iron Fist so I can beat Mephisto. I got really lucky with CP in the last few days, so I have a sinking feeling I'm gonna have to dish out 25 gold to skip mission 25 of this SO.

Iron Fist is one of the 15 cp characters, isn't he? If you've reached chapter 12, that should be no problem. 4-4 is a more iffy thing.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I have 4 comic covers, and just got my first dupe. What are the chances of me getting Satanna before the drop dead date?

If you don't have any more lockboxes or lockbox tasks, not very good. If you have some lockbox tasks, middling. Consider opening them one at a time and hoping for more than one cover every 10 lockboxes? Lord knows I average at least 2 every 10 when I open them singly; I wouldn't be surprised if the drop percentage is off.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I completely spaced and cleared 4.4 and five-starred it.

drat it :(

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Oh well, there's always 12.2.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh well, there's always 12.2.

I still need three more recruits to unlock 12. drat it.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I still need three more recruits to unlock 12. drat it.

4-4 was never that hard even after 5 starring it, and I can only imagine the power creep since the last time I ran that mission has only made it easier. You should be fine, especially if you just pick up whoever's cheapest to get you the 3 characters you need. Scrapper Wolverine will take out the normal boss fight easily, and any DoT based character will take out Magneto (Wolverine and Black Cat, or one of those characters and Tigra, are really good).

Alternately, get the CP you need for the last three characters by 5 starring other missions if you don't have them all already.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Sefer posted:

any DoT based character will take out Magneto (Wolverine and Black Cat, or one of those characters and Tigra, are really good).
I like to just slap him with a Mystic Munition and hunker down under forcefields.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

I like to just slap him with a Mystic Munition and hunker down under forcefields.

That works, too. I like Wolverine and Black Cat because they can do a ton of damage to bleeding targets; Black Cat in particular can, when she's under her self buff, punch right through Magneto's Electron force field and kill him even when she doesn't have the right charge (the positron force field doesn't take more than 1 damage per hit or so, so it won't work when he has that one up) so you don't usually have to wait for the DoT to play out. Tigra is a nice alternate because her shred attack lets you trigger another set of bleed damage even if you can't get through the force field that turn.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sefer posted:

4-4 was never that hard even after 5 starring it, and I can only imagine the power creep since the last time I ran that mission has only made it easier. You should be fine, especially if you just pick up whoever's cheapest to get you the 3 characters you need. Scrapper Wolverine will take out the normal boss fight easily, and any DoT based character will take out Magneto (Wolverine and Black Cat, or one of those characters and Tigra, are really good).

Alternately, get the CP you need for the last three characters by 5 starring other missions if you don't have them all already.

I'm doing that now, saving up the 135 first and foremost for Shatterstar since we'll apparently need him for the next Spec Ops. Then probably Wolverine and Hulk maybe

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

7-3 is also a decent CP farm. Just immediately do the miniboss, and then do one red mission and a one-mission duration deploy, then the boss. 30 energy for a boss spin.

Edit: Also if you have quicksilver the battle rounds are one click wins.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The final lockbox task did the trick. Now to safely ignore the remainder of the spec ops.

Unless I want to try and get the brute.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
You absolutely want brute, it makes farming bosses a breeze.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
You should probably still fight Blackhearts to help out anyone who hasn't got Satana yet.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

MrBling posted:

The final lockbox task did the trick. Now to safely ignore the remainder of the spec ops.

Unless I want to try and get the brute.

The brute is really good, I can't imagine what effect it's going to have on PVP.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is the Heir of Hell worth it? Been through Mephesto about 5 times now and the roulette has not been kind

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank

Starsnostars posted:

You should probably still fight Blackhearts to help out anyone who hasn't got Satana yet.

Yeah, I was away for the first week of this spec ops and I don't have either character yet.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Opopanax posted:

Is the Heir of Hell worth it? Been through Mephesto about 5 times now and the roulette has not been kind

I'm not at a computer at the moment but if that's the thing that comes from hammering nail in mission 2 then no, I believe the mission 3 weapon with rapid psychosis is much better. Unless you are dead set on running a four piece demon set.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Brute is great for bosses since they never refresh.

I don't know how it'll do in PVP. It seems like it'll just be an annoyance for players, but will probably work against the AI same as bosses.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!
What ignores Phased besides Magicks Soul Sword?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Starsnostars posted:

Just...one...more...cover...

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Any psychic attack/weapon. The Soulfire Blade and Spirit Edge weapons also have Ethereal Strike, like Magik does. I believe Signpost also gets through it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Halloween Jack posted:

An even easier way to defeat Magneto in 4-4 is to send a hero with Shield Breaker at him. (Juggernaught, Shatterstar, Mark 42 Ironman) and hit him with that. Once Mag's has that debuff, he litterally spends his turns doing nothing. (The AI spends it's actions casting all it's shields, and when they do nothing it passes.)
It's quite funny.
I think the Wave Blaster (the gun that puts Residual Charge and prevents someone from gaining any buffs for a turn) also might have the same effect, but I haven't tried it myself.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

An even easier way to defeat Magneto in 4-4 is to send a hero with Shield Breaker at him. (Juggernaught, Shatterstar, Mark 42 Ironman) and hit him with that. Once Mag's has that debuff, he litterally spends his turns doing nothing. (The AI spends it's actions casting all it's shields, and when they do nothing it passes.)
It's quite funny.
I think the Wave Blaster (the gun that puts Residual Charge and prevents someone from gaining any buffs for a turn) also might have the same effect, but I haven't tried it myself.

Good to know- that debuff didn't exist the last time I fought him, and weapons that ignored shields didn't ignore his, so I wouldn't have thought to try an anti-shield debuff.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

twistedmentat posted:

Phoenix Pinion is my goto weapon when I hit a lot of shadowcats/sceptres in pvp.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation

Syrinxx posted:

Phoenix Pinion is my goto weapon when I hit a lot of shadowcats/sceptres in pvp.

Ah nice. I actually have that, though its power level is super low because I did not get a new one during the pvp it was available.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

twistedmentat posted:

Ah nice. I actually have that, though its power level is super low because I did not get a new one during the pvp it was available.

Yeah I'm pretty thankful I had one drop during that PVP event, it's a handy weapon.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
So, the end of Specops is coming up and I've opened 311 lockboxes for 31 sets + 1.

Got my last cover in the 17th set of 10. I think I got Constrictor in 130-ish.
Among tons of supplies and PEW Dragons, Dingos, Anchors, Quells etc I also got:
- 1x Enchanted Crowbar (already had one from SpecOps 1, but ilevel 62)
- 1x Fist of the Colossus (had, but my SpecOps 3 one was ilevel 129)
- 45 CP
- 10 UISO

I probably got more of every single reactive ISO-8 than single UISO drops.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
It's here
http://forum.playdom.com/showthread.php?322323-2013-08-01-Forum-Patch-Notes-Season-2

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I just got season 2. Yay! Something new to do!

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
It's not working on Playdom just yet. Ah, well. Hopefully won't take long.

Edit: Okay, it's rolled in. Eeeeeeugh, the second task on the bar is to get a distress call and I've already collected mine. Well, see you tomorrow, game.

Fred is on fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 2, 2013

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Heroic battles give you boss roulettes, including 1-3-5 CP. Incursions give you a deploy-like reward, except almost everything is energy/PVP battles.

Edit: It looks like tasks aren't entirely linear; after the task to defeat Sugar Man, there were a couple involving using Colossus, who's a team-up in the Sugar Man fight. Easy if you have him, but you need to loop through the first fight (or another that uses him as a team-up) a couple of times if you don't. On the other hand, it comes up at the same time as the tasks for mission 2, so you could keep going on those whether or not you're doing the Colossus ones.

Sefer fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 2, 2013

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The brute has been nerfed, which it probably needed as it made every fight trivial.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Starsnostars posted:

The brute has been nerfed, which it probably needed as it made every fight trivial.

How'd they nerf it? I don't see a preview in the Spec Ops menu anymore, and I don't recognise any changes on the wiki.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

How'd they nerf it? I don't see a preview in the Spec Ops menu anymore, and I don't recognise any changes on the wiki.

It wasn't announced, apparently.

Rapid Psychosis is now limited to 3 stacks, and the damage was reduced. So it's not really very good now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Haha I like how after the big long intro spiel for Season 2, they're like "oh yeah and Colossus is here"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Flight deck got a tweek, there's now a "Collect & Resend All" option.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
New sound effects are nice. Rather than just a zap, zork or otherwise generic sound, there's actually gunshots and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

New sound effects are nice. Rather than just a zap, zork or otherwise generic sound, there's actually gunshots and such.

Wish there was an option to lower the volume, MAA is ridiculously loud on my desktop.

• Locked thread