Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

quote:

Oh oh their was a sound oh on a creep aaaaaaaah a door the phon

quote:

This is the first video I've seen of yours, lowtaxico.
Do you overact like this in all your videos?
I never once got the impression you were actually scared, but I felt as though you were mocking people who play scary games while using a face cam. If this was not the case, then this was quite possibly the most moronic piece of poo poo I've seen on YouTube.
Have a nice day.

quote:

I think this needs mental help

quote:

Was he acually scared

I love the comments section so much. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

1stGear posted:

You should inform YouTube that you invented the Internet.

code:
To: support@youtube.com
Subj: I'm Lowtax bitch

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
You need to get Leonard J. Crabs to sue the poo poo out of Mr. Youtube until you can get your $3 CPM or whatever Youtube pays people to scream in front of a camera for 3 hours a day.

ChihiroCutie
May 9, 2013

i love you shaun-kun

1stGear posted:

You should inform YouTube that you invented the Internet.

those corporate fat-cats will me trembling in their pants when they realize who they're dealing with

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Lowtax posted:

Awesome, Google / Youtube is now refusing to monetize my videos and won't let me upload custom thumbnail images, and have given me absolutely no explanation why! My account status says I have the ability to upload custom thumbnails (green light), yet that ability is suddenly gone from my video editing pages, and I'm not going to upload a video if it has to have the stupid arbitrary Youtube still as a thumbnail.

Welp, looks like everything's on hiatus for now!

Oh, oh, I know! Ask their support desk for help!

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Google's got enough money that they can play king rear end in a top hat, but there is a tipping point for how poorly you can run your services before even managers who don't understand anything but buzzwords will say "let's go with this other company that actually wants our business". We know it happens. IBM was overrun by Microsoft, which got clobbered by a mix of Google and Apple and everyone on the planet, and then something else will kick them all in the butt. Hopefully soon, because this is really the most painful part of the cycle.

The Wizard of Oz fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 31, 2013

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Eh gently caress it, I'll upload them without thumbnails, who cares.

A Tribute to Yogscast Commenters 2: The Scarecamening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvjpl3BYLwA

ChihiroCutie
May 9, 2013

i love you shaun-kun
are you kidding me? this video is like 50% less entertaining without the thumbnail.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo these comments. Change the thread title to Let's Play: The Death of Satire.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Lowtax posted:

I don't care!

But I do care about that poor cow you're tormenting in the video :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

I don't care!

But I do care about that poor cow you're tormenting in the video :(

I seriously laughed entirely too hard at the audio.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Lowtax I get the feeling that you may not have been serious about your apology to these intelligent, brave commenters.

Tale
Jul 31, 2013

That comment that tried to create an analogy about feigning fear and boring sex is ridiculous, and not just because I'm listening to a dying animal while reading it.
At this point I think Yogscast is just going to follow you around sending waves of fans onto your videos. It's a veritable YouTube hell.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lowtax posted:

Amazingly well done video. :golfclap:

What music was that in the background?

The GIG posted:

Dying walruses.

I asked about the background music, not the beautiful sounds the man in the left was making.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Genocyber posted:

Dying walruses.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think the ironic bit is that Yogscast was started by two goons, it's like their fans don't know what festering womb they sprang.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Oh great, now after that epic mating call you're going to have dozens of horny Wookies pounding at your door.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Dreadwroth posted:

I think the ironic bit is that Yogscast was started by two goons, it's like their fans don't know what festering womb they sprang.

Honeydew still posts here every now and then. I'm actually surprised he hasn't popped into the thread!

bof_man
Mar 23, 2006
Value Pack

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Lowtax I get the feeling that you may not have been serious about your apology to these intelligent, brave commenters.

Are you implying, in other words, that it's not a real apology ?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bof_man posted:

Are you implying, in other words, that it's not a real apology ?

It's certainly questionable.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's certainly questionable.
I will not tolerate any apology speculations in this thread. I simply will not.

PaperJohnny
Dec 29, 2012

Lowtax posted:

I see no reason for any of these people to complain.

If anything, you've redefined the "art" of the scarecam. :colbert:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm gonna be honest Lowtax, you remind me of Jerry Trainor (actor on a few recent nickelodeon shows, was Crazy Steve in Drake and Josh and Spencer in iCarly). Well I found the guy funny, even if the shows weren't, so I hope you take it as a compliment.

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

I don't see how they could not take the apology seriously. Just look at the James Woods painting behind Lowtax. A man has a painting like that, he means business 24/7. No shenanigans.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I have nothing to lose. Youtube is slowly disabling every feature and functionality of my account as I speak, for Byzantine reasons. It is only a matter of time until my channel is completely dismantled. Will you only then realize that everything I spoke of flowed of truth?

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

I have nothing to lose. Youtube is slowly disabling every feature and functionality of my account as I speak, for Byzantine reasons. It is only a matter of time until my channel is completely dismantled. Will you only then realize that everything I spoke of flowed of truth?

Truly the words of a martyr

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lowtax posted:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: `Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear --
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.'

nuts_rice
Sep 6, 2010

Ohhh Yog Soggoth, be my teenage dream boat ;)
A young internet stupid-game playing star, stricken in his prime. Let their memory be carried on.

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
These videos are fantastic.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
You're gonna have to think of a really bad game after this experience. The YouTube comments are starting to overshadow just how horrible these games are.

That's the most hilarious thing to me about the comments: Almost all of them go on about faked reactions, but almost none say anything about the stupid game going on behind the scarecam.

If they had, I think they would agree that Death Unknown is amongst the least scary things in existence, next to puppies.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Law posted:

Honeydew still posts here every now and then. I'm actually surprised he hasn't popped into the thread!
I think he may be too busy being Honeydew to stop in here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lowtax posted:

Google has always really hated you and this site... I guess this is what you get for asking Jeeves that one time.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Google has always really hated you and this site... I guess this is what you get for asking Jeeves that one time.

AdSense? More like DeleteSense!

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
While that last video was an amzingly accurate simulation of those stupid scarecam videos, I still like Supergreatfriend's Rock scarecam myself. So Lowtax, what did it feel like to be Pew Die Pie, if only for a single shining moment?

Ogodei_Khan
Feb 28, 2009
I wonder if there will shockwaves of anger once they realize they were indeed being making fun of. I don't know how close a lot of the LP'ers are. I wonder if will be an effect like MMO's and reddit where there is a huge reputation.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ogodei_Khan posted:

I wonder if there will shockwaves of anger once they realize they were indeed being making fun of. I don't know how close a lot of the LP'ers are. I wonder if will be an effect like MMO's and reddit where there is a huge reputation.

And more importantly, what does the author of Dontrel the Dolphin think about all of this?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

MassRafTer posted:

I have always wondered why SA has seemingly been hosed by Google repeatedly for no purported reason. Maybe before the Google founders struck it rich, Lowtax unknowingly banned one of them, or made one of their personal websites his Awful Link of the Day.

I guess we'll never know :shrug:

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Galaxy Gunner title music from the final level of Pulseman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNTQ1Qqgu3s

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dreadwroth posted:

While that last video was an amzingly accurate simulation of those stupid scarecam videos, I still like Supergreatfriend's Rock scarecam myself.

Would that be where instead of himself in the scarecam, he has random clips of The "Dwayne Johnson" Rock?

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

The best scarecam would be one with Kermit the Frog, flailing his arms like a loon whenever he got scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

The best scarecam would be one with Kermit the Frog, flailing his arms like a loon whenever he got scared.

This is basically a fantastic idea. Hell, we already have a proof of concept for Kermit LPs right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDb9R4yjTf4

• Locked thread