Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Normal people call them roman chairs I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Glute ham developer

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
*thinks archaic ethnic slur to self*
*gets really loving angry*
*does a ton of sets/reps*

I've started doing a modified version of the cavefish body building routine. Kind of hard to remember that to rest for 30seconds instead of 2-3 minutes between sets.

Is it worth it to hire a personal trainer to correct some form issues or will they generally get pissy about a ~1x month appointment.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho
well considering most of them are terrible and dont know what theyre talking about i think i'd pass altogether :shobon:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Veins McGee posted:

*thinks archaic ethnic slur to self*
*gets really loving angry*
*does a ton of sets/reps*

I've started doing a modified version of the cavefish body building routine. Kind of hard to remember that to rest for 30seconds instead of 2-3 minutes between sets.

Is it worth it to hire a personal trainer to correct some form issues or will they generally get pissy about a ~1x month appointment.

I loving love that quote.

I dunno man. Do you think your form issues are fixable without spending money? And also, there's no gaurantees that a personal trainer will actually be smart enough to fix form poo poo. Wouldn't want you to blow cash on some idiot.

vains
May 26, 2004

I don't know. The dudes at my gym seem pretty competent. They all squat/dl pretty heavy. I've just been doing rack pulls because I'm a retard who can't deadlift.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

Veins McGee posted:

I don't know. The dudes at my gym seem pretty competent. They all squat/dl pretty heavy. I've just been doing rack pulls because I'm a retard who can't deadlift.

rack pulls helped my deadlift a lot v0v

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Veins McGee posted:

Rack pulls are really loving great for that last third of the deadlift. What's up with your DL: you having trouble getting the set up right or pain somewhere during the lift?

The poo poo that's helped me with my DL has been lots of hip mobility stuff, deficit pulls for sets using a ~3" platform (like a 45lb plate to stand on usually), and rows. I'm not by any means a phenomenal lifter but I tripled in the low 400's at 175lb so I'm not awful either.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

holocaust bloopers posted:

Rack pulls are really loving great for that last third of the deadlift. What's up with your DL: you having trouble getting the set up right or pain somewhere during the lift?

The poo poo that's helped me with my DL has been lots of hip mobility stuff, deficit pulls for sets using a ~3" platform (like a 45lb plate to stand on usually), and rows. I'm not by any means a phenomenal lifter but I tripled in the low 400's at 175lb so I'm not awful either.

Do you do that stuff on the same day you deadlift? I finally hit 340 at 170 the other day.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ashmole posted:

Do you do that stuff on the same day you deadlift? I finally hit 340 at 170 the other day.

Nice job dude.

Usually yea. Rack pulls or deficit pulling isn't an every day accessory work thing for me so I fit them in for several weeks at a time. If I'm doing a lot of bent over rows/shrug work, rack pulls will be sidelined.

From what has helped me or like my buddies that lift, a lot of guys tend to have a weak point with the initial pull to their knees. Deficit pulling really helps with that. I would keep the weights to about 50-60%-ish of a current 1RM and do 3-5 sets of 5 reps. Seemed to work alright for me.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I stumbled across this 88M human being shitlord E6 private rapist from my last unit in Germany's facebook page making fun of infantry for having a low asvab score.

This is his I'm a 40 year old Staff Sgt who likes to gently caress privates in my unit's tiny loving arms.

Here is a stupid picture of him flexing in black and white where I'm pretty loving sure he's pushing his biceps up.

Day 1 of cardio started.

I ran a mile. Threw up. Did 60 pull ups in sets of 10s. Then 8s. Then 5's. Then I ran back. Threw up again.

Lesson learned:

Don't drink monster before a run.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009
It's impossible for me to give a gently caress about doing legs like 90% of the time. My hips, knees and back are terrible from airborne stupidity, and my IT band is tighter than a size XXL g-string on a dependapotamus.

And if I do get a good workout I can hardly walk the next day.

I guess I'll just stick to doing 2km rows every now and then and deadlifting when my back doesn't hurt. never

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013

Bodanarko posted:

It's impossible for me to give a gently caress about doing legs like 90% of the time. My hips, knees and back are terrible from airborne stupidity, and my IT band is tighter than a size XXL g-string on a dependapotamus.

And if I do get a good workout I can hardly walk the next day.

I guess I'll just stick to doing 2km rows every now and then and deadlifting when my back doesn't hurt. never

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-oRydlnCE

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009
I am going to use all of these. Especially the lunges-bicep curl transition.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Kaliber posted:

I stumbled across this 88M human being shitlord E6 private rapist from my last unit in Germany's facebook page making fun of infantry for having a low asvab score.

This is his I'm a 40 year old Staff Sgt who likes to gently caress privates in my unit's tiny loving arms.

Here is a stupid picture of him flexing in black and white where I'm pretty loving sure he's pushing his biceps up.

Day 1 of cardio started.

I ran a mile. Threw up. Did 60 pull ups in sets of 10s. Then 8s. Then 5's. Then I ran back. Threw up again.

Lesson learned:

Don't drink monster before a run.

From our old unit? Doesn't look very familiar.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

He was the suicide briefer dude in RSS for R&R in KAF. I was banging his girl when I was going thru on leave on his birthday. That was kinda awesome.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
nice

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Decided to be extra motivated and go on a 5 mile run at a 8:30 pace.

Ended up doing 2 miles and saying "gently caress this" and went to get breakfast.

Did legs in the afternoon, 10 minutes of cardio and called it a night.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

All we do in S3 is run coast to coast which is 4.6 miles. That poo poo loving blows.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
Did my first half marathon today... after about twenty minutes I was regretting signing up. I had significant shin splint pain and my calves were too tight. I was running worse than my training runs. There were a couple times during the first 45 minutes I had to slow down to walking. I was aiming for 2 hours 40' and was wondering if I could make it in 3 hours. After my first gel the pain dulled and I was able to keep going. I hit the turn around at about 1 hour 17 minutes and for the first time ever managed to run faster the second half. Ended up finishing between 2:29'10" and 2:29'15".

Next goal is to get that time under 2 hours in time for an event 9 months away.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Nice job dude.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

I had some stomach bug that was really bad for a couple of days and lingered for a few weeks. I lost 7 lbs :stare:.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Ashmole posted:

I had some stomach bug that was really bad for a couple of days and lingered for a few weeks. I lost 7 lbs :stare:.

Here's my new weight loss plan.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho
its prolly mostly water smarties!!!

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

mokhtar belmokhtar posted:

Doesn't matter lost weight. Brb, gonna go get AIDS.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

mokhtar belmokhtar posted:

I've kept it off for a few weeks, so it's not.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
didn't do poo poo last week because I was bloging on live journal about how sad I was that the indoc got cancelled.

yesterday

2 min max
pushups 59
situps 72
max pullups 16

20x pushups
25x situps
8x pullups

1 minute rest between all sets

today
pushups
5x20

situps
5x20

pullups
5x4

facepull
5x20 20#

1 minute rest between all sets

1 mile ruck 57# no water under 10 minutes
1 mile jog in boots (no ruck) ~8min
both had a good 350m uphill portion

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

elite_garbage_man posted:

didn't do poo poo last week because I was bloging on live journal about how sad I was that the indoc got cancelled.

Me too but it was myspace. Nobody ever goes there so I feel it's safe.

Did a mile in 6:16. Sw8

vains
May 26, 2004

Running is lame. Eat like poo poo, never do cardio; Forever Bulk.

Chest Day/Tris
Incline BB
145x10
155x10
165x10
165x9
165x8
155x10
145x10
145x10

Flat DB press
55x10x4

DB Squeeze Press
55x10x4

Cable Fly
25x10x4

Skull Crusher
60x10x4

Rope Pushdowns
50x12
57.5x10x3

Underhand Pulldowns
15x10x4

I guess I should do more than 4 sets for both DB presses.

I do another day of chest(floor press, incline DB, then pullovers, cable flys or DB flys) on Saturdays if I'm feeling small(I always feel small).

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well if we're sharing routines, here's a pretty typical deadlift day for me. These are sets x reps x weight. And also I use kg plates since that's what the deadlift platform has in quantity.

warm up deadlift
3x6x70
6x85
5x100

working sets
5x120
4x5x130

bent over barbell rows
10x90
6x100
5x5x110

shrugs
2x15x110
3x8x130

chin ups
2x6
Usually I'll do 40-50 for a given day but deadlifting and all the rows and shrugs ruins my hands.

glute ham raise
6x6

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
MEGA WEIGHTS (just kidding)

5 rounds
5x pullups (not that kipping poo poo)
10x dips
15x pushups
25x situps
3x shoulder rom drills
30 second rest

bb complex
6 reps each of:
dl
bent over row
hang clean
front squat
push press
back squat
bw pushup

95#-115#

3 minute rest between complexes

400m warmup jog
4x200m intervals sub 40 sec pace
400m cool down

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
You guys come up with some rad routines. I'm just gonna steal all that junk. Right now my primary interest is to increase upper body (pullup style strength because I can only do a shameful 4 in a row) and grip strength, because that's the first thing to go with a lot of my lifts and pullups. I also get really sweaty hands.

vains
May 26, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

You guys come up with some rad routines. I'm just gonna steal all that junk. Right now my primary interest is to increase upper body (pullup style strength because I can only do a shameful 4 in a row) and grip strength, because that's the first thing to go with a lot of my lifts and pullups. I also get really sweaty hands.

Just use chalk and/or straps.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Veins McGee posted:

Just use chalk and/or straps.

I use straps but don't have any chalk. I guess now's a good time to buy some.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I use straps but don't have any chalk. I guess now's a good time to buy some.

Keep strap usage to a minimum. Grip strength goes up pretty quick. Chalk is the way to go and the poo poo is cheap. I bought a huge bag of it at REI for like 2 bucks.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho
chalks is messy and not allowed in some gyms

straps are fine

chalk is fine

dont worry

:)

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
If you can't use chalk, check out Liquid Grip or Arid Extra Dry spray

They both use magnesium to prevent perspiration. Just try not to stuff your hands into your mouth after you apply it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Ruck intervals

2 mi: 20:45 (10 min rest)
1 mi: 10:03

Was gonna do another mile but got hungry. Plus dogs kept barking at me.

vains
May 26, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

Ruck intervals

2 mi: 20:45 (10 min rest)
1 mi: 10:03

Was gonna do another mile but got hungry. Plus dogs kept barking at me.

Why are you still training for SFAS if you're going to Columbia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

.23 mile run. Decided running sucks and stopped running and went tanning instead.

Hit legs in the gym, light weight, high rep drop sets, did a 10 minute cool down on the bike, abs, and went to Teddy's Bigger Burger for a double with cheese and bacon.