Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I need to start watching the movies every week in anticipation. It really enhanced my enjoyment of the Howard The Duck episode. And I saw Over The Top recently enough (about six months ago rewatching the Rifftrax version) that I still remembered every single thing they mentioned. Most of the movies they do I have seen but it's been a long time and some things are lost on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The first movie I watched in anticipation of a HDTGM episode was "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot!" It was terrible, and I'm not entirely sure the payoff was worth it, but it was nice to later hear other people putting into words some of the things that bugged me during the movie ("He's got a flag on his wall with a picture of a marijuana leaf on it. That's how you know he's a bad guy.")

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I always enjoy HDTGM a lot more if I've seen the movie just beforehand, it makes the crazy insane leaps of logic that more hilarious if you just saw it instead of going "oh yeah that sounds pretty weird to have in a movie" or vaguely remembering it from the 10+ years ago you saw whatever movie from the 80's is discussed.

Thus, the Sharknado episode was terrible as there was no time to prepare :argh: (oh who am I kidding, I saw that poo poo the second it came out on SyFy)

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

GraPar posted:

Not that bothered about Comedy Bang Bang but for me I4H is always well worth waiting for the video. Just something about their body language and watching how they interact in a scene that really makes me laugh. Plus seeing who's breaking up really hard off mic - think one episode in particular Tim Meadows was absolutely losing it during a scene but I never would have realised on audio.

Being able to actually see the crap on youtube is pretty great too. Holy poo poo, that vegan dude...

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

John Gemberling's Bestiality Chat Part 2 is out.

Also:

"Did you know 40% of Japanese people have cataracts?"
"Stop it! Don't do it!"

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Great episode of I4H, John Gemberling is absolutely hilarious in almost every sketch, incredible work. Carnival barker character and angry wheelchair royal killed me: "I think we should call it Her Majesty's oval office"

Fogelnest has Fallon on today, good episode - not that funny but some really good stories, mostly involving Horatio Sanz.

And not podcast-related, but involving a bunch of Earwolfy people: Paul Scheer put up a bunch of Arsheerio Paul Show episodes yesterday, possibly most notably one with June as Andrew Dice Clay. It's nuts.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 1, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Bang boom pow! You get all the ladies!
We're crashing we're crashing...onto your dick!!

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is fantastic. June is the best.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Just a reminder that there's a live CBB in two and a half hours on the VPN thing. I don't think they've said who the guests will be yet

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Just a reminder that there's a live CBB in two and a half hours on the VPN thing. I don't think they've said who the guests will be yet

Dammit.

Who were the guests?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Dammit.

Who were the guests?

An apparition and some dude riding off the coattails of his brother, the veteran from Studio 60.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Kulap-less episode of Two Charted is a crazy mess and it's great. Maybe a little long for a Two Charted, but still great.

Though Howard is such a space case he forgot that Kulap announced what her movie is about on the show and kept trying to be coy. Some great malaprops from him too. Can't wait to hear "One Piethe Suit".

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Fezz posted:

The Kulap-less episode of Two Charted is a crazy mess and it's great. Maybe a little long for a Two Charted, but still great.

Though Howard is such a space case he forgot that Kulap announced what her movie is about on the show and kept trying to be coy. Some great malaprops from him too. Can't wait to hear "One Piethe Suit".

I heard there was a special guest, who was it? As much as I like Howard, two hours of him solo seemed not that enjoyable.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I heard there was a special guest, who was it? As much as I like Howard, two hours of him solo seemed not that enjoyable.

I'll put it in spoilers in case any one wants to be surprised: It was Eric Andre. He came and chatted for aboit fifteen-twenty minutes and hinted at what's probably a very good Howard hook up story.

It's not just Howard. Brett is the co-host and he's a big part of the episode. Plus they put Howard's summah remix of a Van Halen song at the end.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

GraPar posted:

And not podcast-related, but involving a bunch of Earwolfy people: Paul Scheer put up a bunch of Arsheerio Paul Show episodes yesterday, possibly most notably one with June as Andrew Dice Clay. It's nuts.
Also features Huebel as THE ULITMATE WARRIOR

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Man, The Arsheerio Paul Show is such a stupid idea it wraps around and is way hilarious again.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

kdrudy posted:

Man, The Arsheerio Paul Show is such a stupid idea it wraps around and is way hilarious again.

I think the scripted versions are far superior to the improvised ones.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Old Swerdlow posted:

I think the scripted versions are far superior to the improvised ones.

The Jean Claude Van Damme improv version is pretty great. The improv versions are worth it for the snarky remarks Paul makes, but there didn't really need to be both the scripted and improv versons.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GraPar posted:

Great episode of I4H, John Gemberling is absolutely hilarious in almost every sketch, incredible work. Carnival barker character and angry wheelchair royal killed me: "I think we should call it Her Majesty's oval office"

Fogelnest has Fallon on today, good episode - not that funny but some really good stories, mostly involving Horatio Sanz.

Is it weird that I'm kind of into June dressing like Dice?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Last night was the Phish show that the Analyse Ph-/Fish crew all went to btw. Surprisingly little Twitter chatter, but some photos on Kulap's Instagram. Hearing it was a good show (if you like such things).

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Howard Kremer didn't go?

poo poo. I'm not even a little bit excited anymore.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

If the thought of PFT going to a Phish show doesn't excite you, then the problem might be that you have no emotions.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Coward Kremer is busy doing his "Have a Summah' tour. PFT was pretty fake upset about it.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Pussy Fopp Tomboy is too much of a schoolyard bully for someone as chill as Howie to hang with anyway.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Who Charted is great today. The guest host is pathetic and Scott lets a Death Ray slip.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

kdrudy posted:

I like the idea but I have no idea why we need more than one of them. It's like a Space Ghost bit that someone decided to just keep doing over and over again.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Beerdeer posted:

Who Charted is great today. The guest host is pathetic and Scott lets a Death Ray slip.

Scott's naked disdain is phenomenal.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Beerdeer posted:

Weitzman was no worse than Howard. Which means he was pretty terrible.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
He had Howard's flimsy hosting skills and bizarre turns of phrase, and he sounded like Paul Rust doing a Harris Wittels impression or vice versa. I hope he shows up again.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Production posted:

bizarre turns of phrase

"Can I use phrases?"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I like the idea but I have no idea why we need more than one of them. It's like a Space Ghost bit that someone decided to just keep doing over and over again.

And yet, it's really good, every time.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's good to know there's a space cadet to take Howard's place in case 46-year-old comedy rappers become The Next Big Thing

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Oh man, Armen Weitzman. This is pretty funny if you want to hear Matt Besser, Dave Anthony and the Dum Dum Club guys from the Earwolf Challenge beat up on him for a while.

http://dumdumclub.libsyn.com/episode-114-live-matt-besser-dave-anthony-armen-weitzman-and-nick-cody

Besser and Anthony were attacking the Dum Dum club until they bring out Weitzman, then everyone attacks him. Not sure what point that starts though. Just whatever point he comes out.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Weitzman appeared on about 46 minutes in. I have no idea what that podcast is all about, though, I jumped around just to get to the interesting part (Besser's).

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Just a reminder that tonight's VPN episode is Improv4Humans. Tonight at 9pm Eastern.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

According to Besser's twitter there's going to be a Case Closed on the live show. Too bad I won't be able to see it since it'll start in the early hours of the morning over here :(

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I hope it has to do with Gemberling's bestiality.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fezz posted:

I hope it has to do with Gemberling's bestiality.

Yep

"Tonight on the VPN Earwolf improv4humans live John Gemberling will debate forum member, Donald Bell! Watch live at 6pm PST! @Gemberlicking"

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Besser said it was Gemberling debating a forum member so it looks like you get your wish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

According to the twitters, it's gonna be a 5humans ep, with Paul Rust, Lauren Lapkus, John Gemberling, and a Johnson - Brandon Johnson maybe?