Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

PipeRifle posted:

Dunno if I posted this one before. Nothing special, just Reuben having a sleep. He's a good cat and I like him, thanks for looking at this post

look at the mean old kitty :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

fork bomb posted:

okay, i'm still like 900 posts away from being caught up, but when i catch up i need a bio break down of all your cats, complete with pics, dates adopted (in order, with complete story), ages, quirks, and any special medical needs. silly anecdotes are welcome.

oh dear. ok I'll do that as soon as I have time. in the meantime look at this fukin maincoon

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
be careful. that cat might be a wizard taking the form of his familiar. its got a real wizardy look to it.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Sept. 2008, April 2013

dorkster and poopoo

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

jesus christ

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
nnnnoooooooo

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

mods

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

is that tara in the back not giving a poo poo

Nope, the cat with the cactus is Ash from the Critter Room, with Foster John, though I'd love to have him. Tara is just melting here on the east coast from the heat.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

i figured as much

didn't look fat enough for Tara

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

the bsd boys posted:

jesus christ

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

i figured as much

didn't look fat enough for Tara

yeah, she is fat. though she has lost weight. been starving her, but it's slow going.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

the bsd boys posted:

jesus christ

heus tropaeum

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

BRB, have to check to see that Willow hasn't moved out.

Nope, she's still here.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Tara and Pepper can be starvation diet weight loss buds. :unsmith:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

devmd01 posted:

Bubba might be joining in on that.

https://vine.co/v/hqbhMiz2ilh
https://vine.co/v/hqqhFLU9d2L
lil' pudgy gut

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I want to get Hannibal on a diet but I have no idea how. We free-feed the other two cats and they're absolutely fine but Hanny just ballooned up as soon as he got here. He's not so fat that we could build a "fat box" that the other cats can get in but he can't, so I don't know. Arduino setup cat-door with collar tags allowing Fergus and Reuben into the free-feed room while Hannibal gets portioned meals at specific times?

Or the worst-case which would be feeding all three of them in separate locations in such a way that they could only eat their portion of food and no one else's. So it would have to be like, supervised feeding sessions followed by picking up whatever they didn't eat and putting it away. Who has the loving time for that? I'd rather have a big fat Hannibal.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PipeRifle posted:

Or the worst-case which would be feeding all three of them in separate locations in such a way that they could only eat their portion of food and no one else's. So it would have to be like, supervised feeding sessions followed by picking up whatever they didn't eat and putting it away. Who has the loving time for that? I'd rather have a big fat Hannibal.

friend with 3 cats on vastly differing diets has to do this. its a huge loving pain but you know, kitties

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I did it with Doc and Rodent back in the day but I also used to wake up and have an hour+ to do my morning routine (also only two cats), now I basically get up and have to flee the house with my hair still wet from the shower or I won't make my commute on time

My gf gets up before me, maybe she could lock the cats in with their food as part of her morning routine, then I can let them out before I leave for the day. Dinner would still be a pain in the rear end, though.

edit: and I feel bad depriving Reuben and Fergus of their ability to just munch a little whenever they feel like it, since they're fine with that and don't have weight problems. Now all of a sudden putting everyone on feeding times (and amounts) is gonna piss them all right off.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

devmd01 posted:

Tattoo must be the fattestest here and I've got mitigated success with cutting down food. so how do you guys starve a catte without going nuts at the constant MEOOOOOOOOOOOW! Cause there's only so many MEOOOOOOOOWs! one can keep from barging in one's ears/brain/whole system

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Jonny 290 posted:

friend with 3 cats on vastly differing diets has to do this. its a huge loving pain but you know, kitties

Morning feeding ritual:

First asthma puff of orange floof catte
Prepare 1/3 can hypo-allergenic wet food for grey jerk catte
Prepare 1/2 can urinary wet food for orange floof catte
Second asthma puff of orange floof catte
Feed (and lock) grey jerk catte in spare room
Feed orange floof catte in kitchen
Shower + get ready for work
Clean food can, spoon, and orange floof catte bowl
Clean floor around orange floof catte bowl cause he messy
Clean any food bits out of sink/thoroughly rinse sponge
Let grey jerk cat out of room
Go to work

gf does similar in the evenings for catte supper

Grey jerk cat is a super smart, always-hungry ex stray with food allergies
Orange floof catte is asthmatic and prone to blocking and terrified of everything

Thanks for nothing catte gods

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PipeRifle posted:

edit: and I feel bad depriving Reuben and Fergus of their ability to just munch a little whenever they feel like it, since they're fine with that and don't have weight problems. Now all of a sudden putting everyone on feeding times (and amounts) is gonna piss them all right off.

petsmart and I assume other pet stores sell cat flaps with tags to attach to pet collars that will only let the flap open if said tag is near it. they are surprisingly cheap and easy to install and would allow you to give them access to the food room while keeping Hannibal out.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

beatlegs posted:

oh dear. ok I'll do that as soon as I have time. in the meantime look at this fukin maincoon

floof commander

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

floof commander

rts gaming will be revolutionized

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

them white toes are like a schemer's fingertips

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

i'll get some more walt pics with a real camera tonight

he's chillin in my lap right now so i don't wanna move

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

three kittens were adopted, and three kittens have arrived to replace them!

here they are in kitten prison:

Allie, Cider, and BUSHMASTER

Allie is super pretty

Cider is suave

Bushmaster is, um

yeah

hi Boots

hi Athenaloaf

(fairly good form, best I've seen in here so far)

kittenpile

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
no pepper you can't have sushi you are a catte

also diet

Only registered members can see post attachments!

World z0r Z
May 26, 2013

El Gar posted:

lol if u think

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

which catte was it that wanted to examine every thing the humans in the household ate without actually wanting any

because that kind of ruled

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I don't think you are talking about gilbert but he does beg desperately for things he has no intention of eating.

that paw snuck closer and closer to the fruit until I offered him a piece. he didn't want it but he kept begging anyway

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

here's what teddy was doing when i got home today

and here's what teddy and zoey were doing when i was feeding babby

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

GODDAMN TEDDY I WANNA TOUCH YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

walt is getting crazier and crazier. i got a 27" viewsonic monitor (very nice btw) and left the box on it's side. he's chasing his tail around inside it. video coming soon, hopefully. he stops doing crazy poo poo as soon as i get a camera (duh)

anyway here's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-8C4kdFh4

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Radio! posted:

I don't think you are talking about gilbert but he does beg desperately for things he has no intention of eating.

well we are now :unsmith:

gilbert is a cool cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Zamujasa posted:

gilbert is a cool cat

yes he is :3: