Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I finally took the plunge and bought FPWR for the PSN. What are some recommended save packs? I'm looking for one that has relatively up to date rosters for WWE, NJPW, ROH, etc. and maybe some classic WWF/AJPW guys.

Hulka Pack a few pages back. If you know how to transfer saves onto the PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

Chewy Bitems posted:

That "American Badass" Taker is by far the only remotely decent looking character model they shown so far, though his hair looks a bit like dreadlocks, which is still better than the concrete hair-hat-thing that Warrior's model has. Though a alternate costume/enterance isn't much for a collector's edition, but good that they're not withholding something good for people who buy the regular game.

Also: who actually wants to play as American Badass Taker? and I assume they're not gonna license one of his themes from back then and it'll be generic stuff instead. Actually, no Limp Biscuit or Kid Rock is good thing.

I do. Love ABA Taker.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I copied the .rar file onto the USB, but whenever I go onto Saved Data Utility (PS2), it says there's no saved data.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I copied the .rar file onto the USB, but whenever I go onto Saved Data Utility (PS2), it says there's no saved data.

unpack the RAR, it'll create a folder called PS3. Leave just THAT folder in the main root folder of your USB.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RudoReels posted:

I do. Love ABA Taker.

:hfive: 'sup Booger Red lovin' buddy. The Last Ride is the purest pro wrasslin' move. He's power bombing him from 3 inches higher! It must do way more damage!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

harperdc posted:

unpack the RAR, it'll create a folder called PS3. Leave just THAT folder in the main root folder of your USB.

Worked perfectly, thank you. :respek:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see anything called a Hulka Pack. I searched the thread for Hulka and just pulled back a single post from Hulka Matt on page 2 or 3. Can you point to the pack you're talking about?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see anything called a Hulka Pack. I searched the thread for Hulka and just pulled back a single post from Hulka Matt on page 2 or 3. Can you point to the pack you're talking about?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LIGHTNING FAST RESPONSE TIME. Thanks, buuuuud!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
What's the contents of the hulka pack? Modern? Retro? Mix of everything? Might give it a shot this weekend.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
People playing RAW 2, is the funniest loving thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-C-PHf_Rm8

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jefferoo posted:

For all the shtick they give it, it isn't bad for something that came out 10 years ago

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Jefferoo posted:

Somehow the most obnoxious people on Earth decided to make gaming videos, but it was worth suffering to relive setting traps on other wrestlers.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Valeyard posted:

For all the shtick they give it, it isn't bad for something that came out 10 years ago

It really, really was that bad. It wasn't as offensively awful as WrestleMania 21, but, good God, those Raw games were bad. I don't think the Xbox ever had one even remotely decent wrestling game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I'm trying TEW 05 for the first time in a long time. Loaded up a July 2013 mod. It's the funniest thing ever.

First day I advance, and it's a bloodbath. WWE let go all of their legends, Foley, Booker T, HBK, Bret Hart, everyone. TNA fires Hogan, Sting, Bischoff, the whole shebang.

So ok, I check out the results of the first couple shows. NXT features Paige beating Tyler Breeze. Smackdown has Drew beating HHH in the second match on the card.

This is clearly a well put together simulation

Edit: WWE just loves intergender matches for some reason, Mysterio/Cara just beat the Funkadactyls woohoo

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 3, 2013

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jefferoo posted:

Is it me, or do the character models look better than the current gen WWE games?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

triplexpac posted:

So I'm trying TEW 05 for the first time in a long time. Loaded up a July 2013 mod. It's the funniest thing ever.

First day I advance, and it's a bloodbath. WWE let go all of their legends, Foley, Booker T, HBK, Bret Hart, everyone. TNA fires Hogan, Sting, Bischoff, the whole shebang.

So ok, I check out the results of the first couple shows. NXT features Paige beating Tyler Breeze. Smackdown has Drew beating HHH in the second match on the card.

That's generally why whenever I get the itch to mess around with TEW 2005, I always end up making up my own fed with a bunch of money, like I won the lottery and decided to start my own rasslin' company. After the first day's cullings, you can usually get some decent talents no matter what kinda fed you want to run.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Edit: WWE just loves intergender matches for some reason, Mysterio/Cara just beat the Funkadactyls woohoo

TEW 2005 has some serious issues, and none of them are helped by the fact that the TEW community could very easily be mistaken for the internet's sewer. It's impressive, in a way, how many popular modders have zero idea how the game actually works because they refuse to play the default database.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Claytor posted:

TEW 2005 has some serious issues, and none of them are helped by the fact that the TEW community could very easily be mistaken for the internet's sewer. It's impressive, in a way, how many popular modders have zero idea how the game actually works because they refuse to play the default database.

I've never understood that. I have to use the default set when I play because I fall back on real storyboard otherwise. I get the appeal of real world packs, but to refuse to try the default is silly.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Timby posted:

It really, really was that bad. It wasn't as offensively awful as WrestleMania 21, but, good God, those Raw games were bad. I don't think the Xbox ever had one even remotely decent wrestling game.

The Raw games were goddamn bad but they were at least feature-heavy.

Here is Rustlemania 2, featuring SHOWDOWN, LEGENDS OF WRESTLING:

(Keep in mind that no matter what you see here, this was probably tied for best, and was at worst the second best, original Xbox wrestling game):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIVEqaxIfes

This also doesn't cover any of the match-ruining clipping bugs that would pop up every once in a while.

Oh, and the new reveal in WWE '14 that there are no canned reversal animations anymore? This lovely xbox game had that nearly ten loving years ago.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a reason why Showdown was the only wrestling game I can remember that featured actual licensed venues?

Would it be that hard for WWE to pay EA Sports for their arena/stadium models that they use for their Madden and NHL and NBA series?

Playing in Madison Square Garden with the Mania 10 setup was the coolest part of Showdown.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Those Rustlemania videos are unwatchable.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Hopefully TNA hires TEW 2005 to book for them. Might be the only way to get rid of Hogan & Bischoff.

Also.. Rustlemania videos...obnoxious

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I really dislike the LOW games which is unfortunate because the idea of a game where you round up as many non-WWE contracted big names and stick 'em in a game is a good one, especially if there's a decent CAW. As I understand it, the first LOW game was just an ECW game with the ECW guys removed, so you have poo poo like Don Muraco or whatever busting out a Blue Thunder Bomb.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I really dislike the LOW games which is unfortunate because the idea of a game where you round up as many non-WWE contracted big names and stick 'em in a game is a good one, especially if there's a decent CAW. As I understand it, the first LOW game was just an ECW game with the ECW guys removed, so you have poo poo like Don Muraco or whatever busting out a Blue Thunder Bomb.

The final one had an exceptional roster too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I know, which I why I gave it a chance, but it wasn't much better gameplay-wise, in all honesty.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I tried the TEW 2013 demo, it does seem better than 05... the interface is better, but still not nearly intuitive enough. I might buy it though, I'm in this wrestling sim groove right now.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I can't remember if it was the first or second Raw game where I only played one match, and then said 'gently caress this.' The match consisted of the CPU player knocking me down, then going for a pin. I'd kick out, and he'd go for another pin before I had the chance to get back up. Repeat. For, like, five minutes. Eventually I was too worn out to get up again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I tried transfering my data from my flash drive to my hard drive. for some reason, the DLC License didnt transfer with it. So it goes to re-download the License. The new license was incompatible, and without my permission, wiped my entire save on both my flash drive and hard drive.

i just lost everything.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

DoctorDelaware posted:

I can't remember if it was the first or second Raw game where I only played one match, and then said 'gently caress this.' The match consisted of the CPU player knocking me down, then going for a pin. I'd kick out, and he'd go for another pin before I had the chance to get back up. Repeat. For, like, five minutes. Eventually I was too worn out to get up again.

That's X-Box classic Raw 2! Don't worry, if you had picked the fast-count referee, the match would have ended on the first attempted pinfall.

Do not play Raw 2.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
When you guys start out as a U.S. regional fed, about how many wrestlers do you sign?

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

triplexpac posted:

I tried the TEW 2013 demo, it does seem better than 05... the interface is better, but still not nearly intuitive enough. I might buy it though, I'm in this wrestling sim groove right now.

Miles better. It's miles better than 2010 even, depending on your priorities in playing it. The interface took some time to getting used to as it felt like everything got shifted around a lot but the alliance system is great. I haven't played it much lately but when I do I wear it out, I get in 'grooves' like that as well.

To comment on some things others have said here...

I've probably logged more hours on TEW titles than any other individual game aside from maybe Rock Band (which doesn't count since much more money was invested in that thanks to DLC, grrr), so as far as paying $35-40 goes, I say it's worth it. The only console game I've bought in years that would be worth the actual price tag is Skyrim. Every other game I seem to get bored with way too soon to warrant paying $60 for. Once I sucked it up and truly attempted to LEARN the game (very steep learning curve) it was more enjoyable. I used to only play real world mods but the default roster/universe really IS the most balanced way to play it and learn the game.

I've got my opinions about their community too, but there's some decent ones there. Hive seems like good people & I tend to use his mods. I once tried to get people on board starting a wiki/FAQ system for the game and every one of them were uppity pricks about it. "you want us to do all the work so you can take credit for it?" No, dummies, I'm working on this project and would love help if anyone wants to. But since you're all dweebs I'm just going to can it all together.

Anyway, regarding the game's design and interface...
It does need to be tackled in a different approach for once though, when they do the next game. They could desperately benefit by having a way of multitasking, like having multiple windows open within a larger program window, letting you freely move around the individual windows as needed. Because when I'm booking, I don't want to have to back out every 5 seconds to remind myself who is on their way out, who needs to be pushed (to make sure their push is fair for their contract's price), who needs momentum, etc. I feel like it's necessary to keep track of stuff in a notebook as you play it, and while that's a testament to how involved the game is, it's a bit of a design flaw, too, as a game shouldn't REQUIRE notes or feel in any way like 'work.'

It's a great game but still seems to be lagging behind the times design-wise. Features, though? They're great. For me, the new game is always worth it. When you think they've thought of everything, you follow the developmental journal for the new game (when one starts) and "HOLY poo poo," amped all over again, even though it's the same game at its core. Alliance/territory umbrella system did it for me. lol

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Is the SA poster formerly known as Captain Charisma the same guy who makes the Total Extreme Wrestling mods?

If so, thanks. I can't stop being Vince Russo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RudoReels posted:

Hopefully TNA hires TEW 2005 to book for them. Might be the only way to get rid of Hogan & Bischoff.

Also.. Rustlemania videos...obnoxious

There's actually a Rugby or Soccer manager doing this with their sport's sim game and is doing quite well.

Sometimes I really wonder how close to show/TV production the TEW games are.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I bought TEW 2013 on Friday and played it all weekend long... I'm addicted. The interface isn't THAT different than 05, but it's different enough to keep things moving quickly.

Managing Davey Richard's mood is one of the most challenging things I've dealt with. The guy is locker room poison... but he has such good matches :ohdear:

quote:

When you guys start out as a U.S. regional fed, about how many wrestlers do you sign?

I made a brand new regional fed, and I have about 20-25 guys at any time. Keeps it manageable, especially if you make sure they're not all main event level guys. The undercard doesn't get too pissy about missing shows, you can build all your shows around your main guys and everyone's happy.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I've been playing Action Arcade Wrestling 2 and actually quite enjoying it, a new patch came out today which corrected a few bugs. For the money I think it's well worth a wee purchase.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

triplexpac posted:

I bought TEW 2013 on Friday and played it all weekend long... I'm addicted. The interface isn't THAT different than 05, but it's different enough to keep things moving quickly.

Managing Davey Richard's mood is one of the most challenging things I've dealt with. The guy is locker room poison... but he has such good matches :ohdear:

I made a brand new regional fed, and I have about 20-25 guys at any time. Keeps it manageable, especially if you make sure they're not all main event level guys. The undercard doesn't get too pissy about missing shows, you can build all your shows around your main guys and everyone's happy.

I'm playing with the stupid concept of Heyman and Punk leaving and starting their own "Cult" company. I've gotten incredibly lucky as the WWE fired The Rock and Brock Lesnar, and the rest of their semi-active talent on the second day. It's funny to view worker relations and see, The Rock's say "Hatred of Vince McMahon."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

New episode of the Attitude Era Podcast: Judgement Day 1998.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

RudoReels posted:

Hopefully TNA hires TEW 2005 to book for them.

My theory is Russo used EWR to book which is why interference happened in 90% of matches.

It also explains why he books 3 months worth of programs into 1 show. To try and BOOST THE HEAT in a feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

My theory is Russo used EWR to book which is why interference happened in 90% of matches.

It also explains why he books 3 months worth of programs into 1 show. To try and BOOST THE HEAT in a feud.

Yeah, I had that thought too when playing EWR, and keeping the cards from being stale while developing feuds.

• Locked thread