Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I loved the other elders getting ready to show off and then being preempted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Bernardo Orel posted:

Breaker New Waves 126 Helicopter diving, the favourite pastime of people in Korea :v:

"I haven't lost." :zoro:

Hopefully we'll get to see some general scenes of the basic clan members fighting these soldiers, watching them fight the SWAT team earlier was great.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Skimmed the thread to make sure I wasn't rehashing old territory, because I wanted to talk about...

Peak

Dickeye posted:

Is anyone else reading Peak? I started it on a whim after seeing it on EG's site and it's dang good. It's about a mountain rescue team in Korea. That's...that's basically it, it's just about them being a rescue team.

Dickeye posted:

Yeah it's a bad description, I went in thinking they'd get to the mountain and SECRET GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENTS MONSTERS OOOOOOOH.

Nah. They learn to save people, they get stronger every day, they replace their predecessors as the rescue team. That's it. It's Kokou No Hito minus the life-ruining obsession part.

^That's a pretty good description; in a nutshell newbie recruits live on the mountain, learn to become badass mountain rescue dudes, purge sins and/or resolve issues from their past along the way. This one had been on my list to read for a while but I finally got around to it a couple weeks ago and read up to the current release in 2 days. I don't know anything about mountain climbing, but it seems well-researched on that front from my ignorant perspective. The scenery is gorgeous and the climbing action is exciting. Motion is portrayed really well--even as a layperson I can follow what's going on when they're flinging themselves around on a cliff. I will also add if you enjoy well-drawn manservice you should be reading this right the gently caress now holy poo poo.

I'm also reading The Children's Teacher, Mr. Kwon. A gangster moves to the countryside and takes a job as a long-term substitute teacher at a very small rural school. It's pretty much just him interacting with these five kinda weird kids who all have various problems that he helps them out with. It's a pretty standard "tough guy learns to care for kids" story, but the kids are well-characterized and not obnoxious so if you like that sort of thing it's a cute and fun read.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Dragon's Son Changsik Chapter 14

Dragon's Son Changsik Chapter 15

Translation is a little rough but it's still great.

Welcome to the House of Cheese!

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

Skimmed the thread to make sure I wasn't rehashing old territory, because I wanted to talk about...

Peak

^That's a pretty good description; in a nutshell newbie recruits live on the mountain, learn to become badass mountain rescue dudes, purge sins and/or resolve issues from their past along the way. This one had been on my list to read for a while but I finally got around to it a couple weeks ago and read up to the current release in 2 days. I don't know anything about mountain climbing, but it seems well-researched on that front from my ignorant perspective. The scenery is gorgeous and the climbing action is exciting. Motion is portrayed really well--even as a layperson I can follow what's going on when they're flinging themselves around on a cliff. I will also add if you enjoy well-drawn manservice you should be reading this right the gently caress now holy poo poo.
Peak has the best rock climbing of any comic I've read, not that it has much competition. The arc with the American climbers was my favorite, but then there was a long gap with almost no climbing until the current arc. Something about a movie shoot and some girlfriend drama (though that had a good rescue).
Lots of injuries and fatalities that come across as almost ordinary, which has an honest feeling to it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Flython posted:

Dragon's Son Changsik Chapter 14

Dragon's Son Changsik Chapter 15

Translation is a little rough but it's still great.

Welcome to the House of Cheese!

This is pretty much the best fantasy action/comedy. My better instincts tell me that I should get tired of the "cheese" joke, but I just kept on laughing!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

cooldude2.0 posted:

Peak has the best rock climbing of any comic I've read, not that it has much competition. The arc with the American climbers was my favorite, but then there was a long gap with almost no climbing until the current arc. Something about a movie shoot and some girlfriend drama (though that had a good rescue).
Lots of injuries and fatalities that come across as almost ordinary, which has an honest feeling to it.

I like that one of the points that repeatedly gets made is if you are on a mountain loving around like an idiot someone is probably gonna have to rescue you. I also hope there are more rescue scenes like when Ryu is getting supplies and saves the old lady in the market :3:

I was a little leery of the new captain but he's pretty much my favorite character now.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I cannot believe that nobody has realized that Space China Dress has a couple of new chapters.

As hilarious as ever! I love the humor style, which feels distinctly "Korean" (and honestly is a lot funnier than most Japanese comedy manga I've read).

Can't believe I hadn't been keeping up with this one. Couldn't agree with you more and thanks for the update.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Flython posted:

Can't believe I hadn't been keeping up with this one. Couldn't agree with you more and thanks for the update.

I can never get enough of those tuna-can hair buns! :allears:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just a note, Breaker will be on a hiatus for over a month, and will return on September 13th.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Just a note, Breaker will be on a hiatus for over a month, and will return on September 13th.

Which Breaker?

Cause The Breaker:New Waves 127 is here

http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/TheBreakerNewWavesTheBreakerNewWaves127/357146-1.html

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

This is the worst news. Especially considering today's chapter.

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

I can never get enough of those tuna-can hair buns! :allears:

Sadly the translation moves at such a glaciel pace.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

FiftySeven posted:

This is the worst news. Especially considering today's chapter.

September 13th is so far, far away. =(

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Cynic Jester posted:

September 13th is so far, far away. =(

They just couldn't take a break after the next chapter.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Chapter 128 better be Shioon removing the pin with his own hand and then proclaiming his victory and walking away with everyone else loving stunned. Going to be a long loving month with how great the recent chapters have been.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Mo_Steel posted:

Chapter 128 better be Shioon removing the pin with his own hand and then proclaiming his victory and walking away with everyone else loving stunned. Going to be a long loving month with how great the recent chapters have been.

He already did the first bit. He already took out the needle. Dude's utterly indomitable.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mindblast posted:

He already did the first bit. He already took out the needle. Dude's utterly indomitable.

One needle... of like 5, but still Ghost Doctor Doom is making GBS threads his pants, because well... he has technically lost the bet, shioon is still mobile and talking, he didn't bag him when he had the chance

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

gnome7 posted:

The OP is desperately missing Can't See Can't Hear But Love, which is by the same author as Trace. The story follows a married couple - a blind husband and a deaf wife, who work as a mangaka and a janitor, respectively. The story follows how they live together, and the most recent arc has been covering how they met. It's an extremely good series, with lots of feel-good moments and also some very depressing ones.

Dog, Husband, and Wife, respectively.

This thing is the only thing to really stand out to me in this entire thread. It is insanely good and completely and utterly heartwrenching. I consider myself a pretty manly man but this had me bawling my eyes out.

Read the entire thing in one sitting and now I need more chapters. How often is it released?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dunno about the scans, but the actual webtoon finished serialization two years ago. And the group translating the series hasn't done anything since March 2013.

Also, as I noted before in the thread, Chapter 73 and after are Pay-To-Read, meaning that the raws are difficult to obtain if you're not Korean.

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/nosee

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
:smith:

gently caress. So no more then? Guess I'll have to pretend that it's all going to go peachy so I don't have to :emo:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Just in time to cheer us up, here's another chapter of Dragon's Son Changsik: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dragon-s-Son-Changsik/Ch-016--Night-of-the-Dead--004-?id=171876

I laughed my rear end off at the Eva reference.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Sindai posted:

Just in time to cheer us up, here's another chapter of Dragon's Son Changsik: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dragon-s-Son-Changsik/Ch-016--Night-of-the-Dead--004-?id=171876

:laffo: Ahahahahaha! Ahh, the horse, man. The horse's face!! I can't stop laughing at it.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Sindai posted:

Chapter 17: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dragon-s-Son-Changsik/Ch-017--The-girl-of-the-other-world?id=172338

WHAT THE gently caress JUST HAPPENED?! :psyboom:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Seriously, this.

So, uh, did a Korean high school girl just transport herself to their world by drumming a song about ramen?

:psyduck: What?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Seriously, this.

So, uh, did a Korean high school girl just transport herself to their world by drumming a song about ramen?

:psyduck: What?

I see no issues with what occurred, it is clearly the doings of that pigeon

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Chapter 18 of Dragon's Son Changsik http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dragon-s-Son-Changsik/Ch-018--The-one-who-inhabits-the-snowy-mountains?id=173419
How many loving dragons does this world have?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse. Still on the back story of Frankenstein, Rai, The Lord, and the traitors before the betrayal. Seeing that last panel I really wish that the Lord and Rai were showing up to stomp the traitors.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

For Asimov fans, someone has done a pretty cool adaptation of The Last Question as a one-shot sort of thing.

I wanna say I've encountered this before but I'm posting it in case I'm wrong.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shugojin posted:

For Asimov fans, someone has done a pretty cool adaptation of The Last Question as a one-shot sort of thing.

I wanna say I've encountered this before but I'm posting it in case I'm wrong.

Thanks for this. It's always been one of my favorite short stories

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Nice piece of fish posted:

Read the entire thing in one sitting and now I need more chapters. How often is it released?

There was a Can't See Can't Hear But Love thread, but since last post was on March the thread fell to archives.

Anyway, there are four brand new chapters of Can't See Can't Hear But Love. It's the good news that'll ruin your day!

You're loving poo poo, President.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Time to cry myself into a corner.

Kolos
Jul 19, 2009
Great, new chs of can't see can't hear....
jesus gently caress....

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

toanoradian posted:

There was a Can't See Can't Hear But Love thread, but since last post was on March the thread fell to archives.

Anyway, there are four brand new chapters of Can't See Can't Hear But Love. It's the good news that'll ruin your day!

:qq: oh no, why did I have to start reading this on the bus... my manly image :negative:

I need a drink. Good thing it's the weekend.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well....

poo poo

:qq:

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
We should really warn people before letting them read that.

Like I know I am not reading those chapters without being able to right after hug a kitten or something.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
It's not so bad as all that. I mean, I think we're all exaggerating a good deal, it's not as if I actually care if some cartoon character ends... up...

Oh god :qq: please don't let him die, I can't take it if this doesn't have a happy ending they are so cute together oh why can't I have that oh whyyy :qq:

Edit: This poo poo is goddamned weapons-grade drama. I don't even like touchy-feely stuff.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

toanoradian posted:

Rocks fall, everyone dies a horrible grisly loving depressing death, gently caress everything and burn it down. :negative: :smithicide:

At this rate is the best possible outcome that the ambulance driver ends up with Sori, and that the President gets hit by a loving bus? Someone is going to have a happy ending god drat it, I need someone to have a positive ending in this story.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Maybe it does end poorly for everyone, maybe to make a point about Korean society, the suicide issue coupled with mental health (which apparently needs some more attention), the lack of free healthcare, unhealthy obsessions standing in the way of true happiness, how life as disabled in Korea is really hard and society needs to do better, how society needs to take better care of the elders, how rich people with power are loving assholes and need to die, how poor little doggies sometimes don't have it so great oh god :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hey guys, after a month of nothing

God of high School 120

Dude with north korean style is back, as well as some others

God of High School 121

Sword priest and cursing chick return and get to fighting

God of High School 122

They are in danger? Actually it appears to be a trap