Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSaturday
May 1, 2012

Sheep posted:

Is Paradox doing some kind of special today? I just woke up this morning with an extra copy of CK2 in my steam inventory.

Now I own four copies of the game.

You want to throw one of those my way so I can finally get a friend into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSaturday
May 1, 2012

Kainser posted:

No, it was just added so that former Roman Emperors in the title history wouldn't show up as 'pagan'.

The Aztec religion wasn't added, just a symbol.

You can character create someone as Hellenic, right?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

MrSaturday posted:

You can character create someone as Hellenic, right?

Yes, although as far as I can tell it's just a Pagan religion that might not be reformable (At least it doesn't have the reform button on the religion page).

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

[screams internally]

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
haha thats really poo poo , im suprised they managed to change election laws. My slavic church somehow changed to gavelkind succession, is that normal?

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
I just spent two generations lining up some kids with claims on the Kingdom of Italy, playing as the Byzantines. It's part of the HRE right now. I can press all sorts of claims on the duchies within it, but there's no option anywhere to press a claim on the Kingdom of Italy. Both the HRE and Italy itself are currently in regencies and the two characters I have are both adults with strong claims. What's missing? It's really aggravating.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

duralict posted:

I just spent two generations lining up some kids with claims on the Kingdom of Italy, playing as the Byzantines. It's part of the HRE right now. I can press all sorts of claims on the duchies within it, but there's no option anywhere to press a claim on the Kingdom of Italy. Both the HRE and Italy itself are currently in regencies and the two characters I have are both adults with strong claims. What's missing? It's really aggravating.
Are they female characters with claims on agnatic titles?

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
They're both men and Italy is Ag-Cog. The HRE is under Agnatic, though, does that matter?

Is there a mechanic in place that prevents you from transferring vassals to people who aren't their de jure liege, while I'm at it? Culture restrictions won't let me form Alania but it also won't let me pass off the Alanian duchies to the King of Armenia.

e: this is really annoying. Now he's adult and keeps fighting independence wars against the HRE and even though he's a relative with my culture and religion I can't offer to join the wars, so I can't even maneuver him into a place where I can press claims against him directly.

duralict fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 3, 2013

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

RagnarokAngel posted:

Did you preorder EU4 per chance?

Oh is that what that is? Nice!

MrSaturday posted:

You want to throw one of those my way so I can finally get a friend into it?

Has he not tried the demo? I'll give it to him if he will (a) actually play the game, (b) give me his trading cards from it, and (c) adds me on Steam.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
I bought the Celtic portraits pack since it was on sale for like 50 cents or so.

WTF is this poo poo?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Sorry, Celtic pack is best pack. Those mustaches :swoon:

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Congrats on getting the hobbit pack.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

:suicide:

There goes my plans for invading Francia anytime soon!

(I'm Britannia)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Sow dissent on a king/duke in there until they have the faction member malus with their emperor, then assassinate the emperor. Then, have fun cleaning up a broken state in the middle of a civil war!

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

Sow dissent on a king/duke in there until they have the faction member malus with their emperor, then assassinate the emperor. Then, have fun cleaning up a broken state in the middle of a civil war!

Oh make no mistake, I'm shattering that Empire as soon as possible, I just thought it was a funny moment. :v:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

DrSunshine posted:

I ... I have no idea where I should ask this question, so I might as well ask here, since there ought to be plenty of people familiar with Feudal inheritance laws in this thread.

I'm writing an alternate history sort of story where America is a feudal monarchy - the Kingdom of Columbia :911: - currently ruled by the Bush Dynasty. In this alternate history, George H. W. Bush (George II) died of "natural causes" in 2000, leaving the throne to his eldest son, George W. (George III). My question concerns what would happen if, assuming that Columbia runs on primogeniture, Dubya were to die before fathering a male heir? It depends on whether it's Agnatic-Cognatic or Agnatic -- if it's Ag-Cog, then Barbara P. Bush, the elder of the Bush Twins, would become Queen. However, if it's Agnatic, would it pass to Jeb?

The dispute over who has the right to the throne is going to be one of the central plot points. I just need to figure out who would get claims to the throne in this case.

Under Agnatic Primogeniture succession, the line of succession to the Columbian throne would look like:

1. Jeb Bush
2. George Prescott Bush
3. Jeb Bush Jr.
4. Neil Bush
5. Pierce Bush
6. Marvin Bush
7. Marshall Bush
8. Charles Walker Bush
9. Jonathan Bush
10. Jonathan Bush
11. William Henry Trotter Bush
12. William Hall Bush
13. Any other living male descendents of Obadiah Bush

However, all the male sons and brothers of George H. W. Bush would retain a strong claim to the throne. I've bolded their names for you. If Jeb Bush was unpopular within the kingdom, it is likely one of the dukes would approach Neil or Marvin Bush to claim the throne.

Under Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture, the line of succession would be:

1. Barbara Pierce Bush
2. Jenna Welch Bush
3. Margaret Laura Hager
4. Jeb Bush
5. George Prescott Bush
6. Jeb Bush Jr.
7. Noelle Bush
8. Neil Bush
9. Pierce Bush
10. Lauren Bush
11. Ashley Bush
12. Marvin Bush
13. Marshall Bush

Agnatic Succession would look more or less the same as the above unless you went far down the line. The only notable difference is Dorothy Bush and her children being added as 14th in line.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 3, 2013

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

QuoProQuid posted:

Under Agnatic Primogeniture succession, the line of succession to the Columbian throne would look like:

1. Jeb Bush
2. George Prescott Bush
3. Jeb Bush Jr.
4. Neil Bush
5. Pierce Bush
6. Marvin Bush
7. Marshall Bush
8. Charles Walker Bush
9. Jonathan Bush
10. Jonathan Bush
11. William Henry Trotter Bush
12. William Hall Bush
13. Any other living male descendents of Obadiah Bush

However, all the male sons and brothers of George H. W. Bush would retain a strong claim to the throne. I've bolded their names for you. If Jeb Bush was unpopular within the kingdom, it is likely one of the dukes would approach Neil or Marvin Bush to claim the throne.

Under Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture, the line of succession would be:

1. Barbara Pierce Bush
2. Jenna Welch Bush
3. Margaret Laura Hager
4. Jeb Bush
5. George Prescott Bush
6. Jeb Bush Jr.
7. Noelle Bush
8. Neil Bush
9. Pierce Bush
10. Lauren Bush
11. Ashley Bush
12. Marvin Bush
13. Marshall Bush

Agnatic Succession would look more or less the same as the above unless you went far down the line. The only notable difference is Dorothy Bush and her children being added as 14th in line.

Wow! You really went the extra mile here! Thanks so much, dude! You have no idea how helpful this will be. :neckbeard:

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Sheep posted:

RagnarokAngel posted:

Did you preorder EU4 per chance?

Oh is that what that is? Nice!

Wait, if I preordered EU4 should I have already gotten an extra copy? I preordered a few days ago, but didn't get the gift CK2. I assumed I'd get it when EU4 released so I didn't think anything of it. Are they just giving them out slowly or should I contact support?

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
If I change the end date in defines.txt will that change the end date for my saved games as well?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

quote:

Wait, if I preordered EU4 should I have already gotten an extra copy? I preordered a few days ago, but didn't get the gift CK2. I assumed I'd get it when EU4 released so I didn't think anything of it. Are they just giving them out slowly or should I contact support?

Mine just came in a few minutes ago, so try restarting Steam to see if it shows up for you.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Alkanos posted:

I preordered yesterday and had my copy of CK2 within 30 minutes. Nothing special happened, it just appeared in my Steam inventory.

BrosifStalin
Mar 26, 2007
Jungle King
Speaking of, i just pre-ordered EU4 on gamersgate so i got an extra copy of CK2 now. So if anyone wants it throw out an email address and ill send it off your way.

palit
Nov 30, 2007
Nobody's boy

BrosifStalin posted:

Speaking of, i just pre-ordered EU4 on gamersgate so i got an extra copy of CK2 now. So if anyone wants it throw out an email address and ill send it off your way.

May I have it? stevekenneth2@gmail.com
Want to see for myself how different CK2 is compared to CK1.

BrosifStalin
Mar 26, 2007
Jungle King

palit posted:

May I have it?

Sent your way. Have fun!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Suppose I have Hispania, with a couple kingdom titles too, and the kingdom of Italy, and want to continue with my current game by giving away Hispania to a dynastic member and continue playing as an independent King of Italy - is there any non console way of doing this?

rhazes
Dec 17, 2006

Reduce the rectal spread!
Use glory holes instead!

An official message from the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control

canepazzo posted:

Suppose I have Hispania, with a couple kingdom titles too, and the kingdom of Italy, and want to continue with my current game by giving away Hispania to a dynastic member and continue playing as an independent King of Italy - is there any non console way of doing this?

Pretty sure if you give away the Emperor title, you'll be independent with whatever other titles that aren't de jure under it. I think you might need to transfer all lower titles as well though.

Can anyone help me with my issue though: I started a new game as the Tribe of Prussians or whatever, and managed to reform the Romuva faith and take the Kingdom of Lithuania and Pomerania as well. My issue is that, because for so long I had gavelkind, there are probably 20 members of my dynasty with claims on it. And many of the ducal titles in my territory are part of my dynasty, some of which have those claims. I'm constantly getting pretenders trying to claim the throne, and I don't know how to stop it. I can't do any further expansion because any time I do, I typically get 1/3rd of my country demanding one claimant and another 1/3rd demanding another claimant at the exact same time. It's absolutely ridiculous. I guess I should have never put any kinsmen in charge of duchies in my land.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

rhazes posted:

Pretty sure if you give away the Emperor title, you'll be independent with whatever other titles that aren't de jure under it. I think you might need to transfer all lower titles as well though.

Nope, can't give away the highest level title you have, if you only have one.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

canepazzo posted:

If you aren't too attached to your current character, give Italy to a suitable dynasty member that you want to play, grant him independence and save-load as the King of Italy.

Knuc U Kinte fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 3, 2013

rhazes
Dec 17, 2006

Reduce the rectal spread!
Use glory holes instead!

An official message from the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control

canepazzo posted:

Nope, can't give away the highest level title you have, if you only have one.

You could just give away the Kingdom of Italy to a chosen new branch, save and reload as that character. But unfortunately this involves removing the Emperor as your liege in the files, or using console commands possibly.

I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about (you can break independence of vassals)

rhazes fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 3, 2013

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

canepazzo posted:

You can't give away your primary title, so if you really want to do exactly what you wrote without using the console, my suggestion would be to move your capital to Italy, grant all your kingdom titles in Iberia to a family member, and then grant them independence. They should be able to usurp the Empire of Hispania from you, leaving you as king of Italy.

If you don't mind loading up as other people, you could instead grant Italy to your son, grant him independence, switch Hispania to Seniority, then load as your son. Or, grant Italy to a matrilineally married daughter's son, which will mean that your eldest son gets Hispania and you can load up as your grandson.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Is there some kind of Aztec convertion event, or did the AI get really lucky with a priest on pagan conversion duty?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Well poo poo, I was planning to run a game from the old gods start so I could have a crazy sunset invasion game when EU4 hits, but the Emperor of France just inherited the HRE and I think he's going wreck the Aztecs when they land.

Looks like Great Britain is about to form too. This is crazy, my usual problem is that every other major Kingdom collapses and the game gets boring. I've never seen the AI pull this off before.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 3, 2013

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The AI utterly fails against attrition-less stacks. Francia will melt.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Really sorry if this has been answered before, I read the "How Paradox’s Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV save converter will work" article but couldn't see this question answered: Will I be able to convert any save game or does it have to be from 1453?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Knuc If U Buck posted:

The AI utterly fails against attrition-less stacks. Francia will melt.
The AI is also coincidentally really bad at using attrition-less stacks.

Chances are that the Aztecs will invade something useless like Britanny or Galicia the first time and Francia will be fine.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

TjyvTompa posted:

Really sorry if this has been answered before, I read the "How Paradox’s Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV save converter will work" article but couldn't see this question answered: Will I be able to convert any save game or does it have to be from 1453?

You will be able to convert any save game, in the stream demo they did one from the 867 start.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Antinumeric posted:

You will be able to convert any save game, in the stream demo they did one from the 867 start.

This, but no matter what date you convert from, it will always start at 1453. (You may be able to start later, not sure, but certainly not earlier)

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Still can't get a damnable custom map to load up properly-- crashes after calculating paths, calculating naval paths and loading up map textures, right as it says "Loading Graphics" right before finally being done loading up everything.

Error.log spits out this:
code:
[gfx_dx9.cpp:1436]: Error create vertices -2005530516 8 0 28
[gfx_dx9.cpp:1439]: managed
and graphics.log spits out:
code:
[provincetemplate.cpp:244]: Province 0 has invalid origin
[eu3graphicalmap.cpp:2041]: Province 6 has illegal capital location, x: 2210.000, y: 548.000(Bounds x: 2201-3654, y: 537-566)
Damndest thing about the graphics log is that the map is only 2816x2048-- I have no idea why there's a bit that says "Bounds x: 2201-3654", because 3654 is far beyond the bounds of the map.

setup.log has a "[ck_application.cpp:1283]: Map Initialized" line and doesn't seem to bitch about the map at all there, so I don't know what's up with that.

Current iteration of the map, meanwhile, looks like

Does anybody have an idea what those errors in error.log and graphics.log are on about?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Ofaloaf posted:

Still can't get a damnable custom map to load up properly-- crashes after calculating paths, calculating naval paths and loading up map textures, right as it says "Loading Graphics" right before finally being done loading up everything.

Error.log spits out this:
code:
[gfx_dx9.cpp:1436]: Error create vertices -2005530516 8 0 28
[gfx_dx9.cpp:1439]: managed
and graphics.log spits out:
code:
[provincetemplate.cpp:244]: Province 0 has invalid origin
[eu3graphicalmap.cpp:2041]: Province 6 has illegal capital location, x: 2210.000, y: 548.000(Bounds x: 2201-3654, y: 537-566)
Damndest thing about the graphics log is that the map is only 2816x2048-- I have no idea why there's a bit that says "Bounds x: 2201-3654", because 3654 is far beyond the bounds of the map.

setup.log has a "[ck_application.cpp:1283]: Map Initialized" line and doesn't seem to bitch about the map at all there, so I don't know what's up with that.

Current iteration of the map, meanwhile, looks like

Does anybody have an idea what those errors in error.log and graphics.log are on about?

Have you run it through the Clausewitz Map Checker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Have you run it through the Clausewitz Map Checker?
Yep! Says nothing's wrong and everything ought to be fine with it.

• Locked thread