Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

chrisgt posted:

Yea, I saw that.... Sinking isn't very funny at my job.

What do you do again? Boatyard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Surprisingly, I can't find a great pic online. But I crew on this boat. It's been a wicked lovely spring so far... Few passengers, tons of rain, fog, and nasty rough seas. I don't get seasick, but it gets wicked miserable having to firehose the deck down all the time.....

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

chrisgt posted:

Surprisingly, I can't find a great pic online. But I crew on this boat. It's been a wicked lovely spring so far... Few passengers, tons of rain, fog, and nasty rough seas. I don't get seasick, but it gets wicked miserable having to firehose the deck down all the time.....

Ah, yeah, I've been seasick twice in my life, both times in really dreadful seas... nothing worse.
Hope things improve for you.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
So it looks like this is probably on for the first weekend of August - the 3rd and the 4th respectively. Southbridge MA. All are welcome, I promise we aren't as scary as it sounds (or maybe we are) and no one has died or been severely injured OR had a bad time yet. And the house isn't as bad as last time we held a meet here, I've made a lot of progress gutting, cleaning, and remodeling since then.

Also, Hillridge, if I end up landing this engineering job in Woburn (which is looking very very likely) I may actually be in the area to drop by the hackerspace on a semi regular basis. Every time I've been up that way I've either been on a tight schedule or it's been around 3-4AM :(

e: oh, the wheeling trip got canceled due to everyone in the club being broke or having a broken jeep... or both. I may still go somewhere local but won't be doing the trail we had planned in Adams.

kastein fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 9, 2013

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I seriously might just park my car at the top of the street and walk down.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
Is there still a pile of bricks for me to hide behind while you guys try to blow poo poo up?

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I seriously might just park my car at the top of the street and walk down.

My protege made it down the dirt road plenty of times.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Is your car lowered two inches? I made it down and back up but I was cringing the entire time.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is your car lowered two inches?

Only when my trunk is full of bodies.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is your car lowered two inches? I made it down and back up but I was cringing the entire time.

You'll be fine, my buddy Jack got his lowered Audi A4 B5 Avant Quattro through there without any problems and Ace drives his lowered E30 through with no fear.

Side note - anyone who has already been here is welcome to just show up anytime that weekend, no need to RSVP. If you don't know or don't remember how to get here, email me at my forum username at W1KAS.net and I will give you directions.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kastein posted:

You'll be fine, my buddy Jack got his lowered Audi A4 B5 Avant Quattro through there without any problems and Ace drives his lowered E30 through with no fear.

Side note - anyone who has already been here is welcome to just show up anytime that weekend, no need to RSVP. If you don't know or don't remember how to get here, email me at my forum username at W1KAS.net and I will give you directions.

i got my pos civic down there with no issues too.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Also, i'll be taking the YJ to NEAI4, so either kastein or aceofsnett better have enough gas to drag me back when i break down ;P

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

Ozmiander posted:

Also, i'll be taking the YJ to NEAI4, so either kastein or aceofsnett better have enough gas to drag me back when i break my Dana 35

FTFY.

Don't worry Hon, I've got you.

So we are all happy with the first weekend in August at Kastein's place?

Be warned! This is rustic lodging! Bring bugspray, a tent and whatever anal virginity you still possess. :gooncamp:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

ACEofsnett posted:

FTFY.

Don't worry Hon, I've got you.

So we are all happy with the first weekend in August at Kastein's place?

Be warned! This is rustic lodging! Bring bugspray, a tent and whatever anal virginity you still possess. :gooncamp:

i know most of us have 2 of those 3.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

chrisgt posted:

I know how you feel, man. I used to work on a boat out of New London and that fucker sank drat near every time we left the pier

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
I haven't been on the forums much in the last few weeks, but I'm gonna try to make it out. If I'm able to make it (by request) I'll bring all of my A/C tools and we can have an air conditioning fixitfest. My inept fumbling with the tools so far has yielded limited success, but you guys may be able to actually fix something with them!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My A/C is leaking... somewhere. Would you be able to check it out?

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My A/C is leaking... somewhere. Would you be able to check it out?

I have a leak sniffer and a dye injection kit w/ goggles and a UV light...that's about the best I can do though, turns out I'm kind of poo poo at finding leaks in my own cars unfortunately. I'm by no means any kind of expert, I just bought the tools because I wanted to learn how to DIY A/C stuff. I guess if you luck out and the leak is in a relatively visible spot, like the lines in the engine compartment or the condenser or something.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I helped find leaks a few times when I worked at the quicklube, I just have no idea how to charge the system the right amount, etc. I'm more than willing to help with AC diagnosis as long as it means looking for dye stains with the UV light, because that's about all I know how to do...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This has some good info on how to recharge, including the pressures you should be seeing.

:v:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Mayday mayday.

Need an 02 03 impreza non turbo gauge cluster for friday in Maine at NEFR

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

FYI: this is not this weekend! It is next weekend, the 3rd/4th.

Email this username at w1kas.net for directions. I may not answer immediately if it's during business hours but should answer by the same evening.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, it's not tonight at my place? poo poo, better drink this all myself.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I thought it was tonight? I'm already half way down the Pike.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I thought it was tonight? I'm already half way down the Pike.

When did i tell you what i call my dick? Nevermind, your hands are too busy to type a reply.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
:effort: seems to be the only thing keeping me from trading the yj for a j20 at the moment, since the guy's 2.5 hours from me.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Coinstared 125 in change which will cover gas to ken's place. It also spit out the silver dime that I failed to notice. :iia:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I'll be there a little after noon, traffic willing. Bringing the fit, auto enginuity, my new Chinese ham radio, and a box of flares. I probably will bring some cape cod red.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

sharkytm posted:

I'll be there a little after noon, traffic willing. Bringing the fit, auto enginuity, my new Chinese ham radio, and a box of flares. I probably will bring some cape cod red.

We're going to need the flares to light thermite

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Slow is Fast posted:

We're going to need the flares to light thermite

I think I've got half a dozen. Think that'll do? I might have a few more kicking around. I've also got my camera.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Kastein, Ozmiander and I enjoyed toasting hot dogs over an propane torch then went wheeling in jeeps until midnight. Good times.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I'd like to nominate myself most NEAI this weekend.... I literally missed the NEAI4 junkyard run because of RUST and ROD KNOCK. Rod knock in my outback, and rusted fuel lines in the GL. So now I can't get a new driveline for my outback. yayay breaking both cars at the same time, it's the neai way.

I still have a leaking fuel regulator or some poo poo, I don't even know what it is. But it's just a drip every 20 seconds, so gently caress it. I'll probably be there this afternoon. It also has a leak in the feed line to the pump. Also it has a rusted and leaking brake line. But I'm gonna pretend I didn't go poking around with a flashlight.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I don't think I'll make it this time. I've always been towards the bottom of the 'Most AI' list anyway.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Opensourcepirate posted:

I don't think I'll make it this time. I've always been towards the bottom of the 'Most AI' list anyway.
The traffic on 90 sucked anyhow.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 4, 2013

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibExhrHVCk

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Isn't that how everyone in NEAI parks?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
How to remove a Camshaft from a Forester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H9FmQKuLH8

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Is it wrong that the part I found funniest was the use of vise grips?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Porch beam

5 ton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
Here's a massive panoramic view post NEAI4 trail run.

Persons pictured can identify / not identify themselves as they see fit.

Edit : View the picture manually to see the actual full size.

• Locked thread