Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeff Clancy
Nov 25, 2007

Barehanded Brother posted:

I like my recursion like I like my recursion:

What does Benoit B. Mandelbrot's middle initial stand for?

Benoit B. Mandelbrot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Sauce Batman
Oct 8, 2011

by T. Finninho
How many men's rights advocates does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one, because men are biologically designed to provide the basic human needs such as light, food, and shelter, unlike females who would just let their pathetic emotions get in the way. Why don't I have a girlfriend

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Zeff Clancy posted:

What does Benoit B. Mandelbrot's middle initial stand for?

Benoit B. Mandelbrot

What's an anagram for "Banach-Tarski"?

Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
What's the worst part of locking your keys in the car outside of an abortion clinic?

Going inside to ask for a coat hanger.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Here's one I made up and am semi proud of:
What do you call a lizard that's covered with bold shapes with bright colours?
Art Gecko

I was also trying to work out one about the Zionist conspiracists being right, after all it was an ice-berg that sunk the Titanic, but I'm not sure that berg as a suffix is particularly indicative of a Jewish name. Also most people I tried it out on (about 4) I had to pretty much explain about the Zionist conspiracy.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

There's one that riffs on stereotypes that's similar. Some Jew mixes up common Mexican names and tries to laugh it off, I forget the very beginning, and the Mexican fires back with "Yeah well your brother is a mass-murderer too, he killed everyone on the Titanic." "What? No he didn't! There's nobody like that in my family!" "Iceberg, Goldberg, same difference. :mad:"

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I've heard it told the following way:

An old Jew is sitting on a park bench in Central Park, New York, when an old Asian-looking man sits down next to him. The Jew immediately punches him in the face.
"What the hell was that for?", says the old Asian guy, clutching his nose.
"That was for Pearl Harbor!" the Jew snarls.
"I'm Korean, you idiot, not Japanese!"
"Korean, Chinese, Japanese, same difference", says the Jew and settles back on the bench, only in turn to be punched in the face by the old Korean gentleman.
"Now what the hell was THAT for?", the Jew asks.
"That was for the Titanic."
"THE TITANIC? That thing was sunk by an iceberg!"
The old Korean shrugs: "Iceberg, Greenberg, Goldberg, same difference."

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013
Made me up another one:

What's a fisherman's favorite instrument?

The Castanet

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

steve cardigan posted:

Made me up another one:

The Castanet

Not the bass?

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Dave Syndrome posted:

I've heard it told the following way:

An old Jew is sitting on a park bench in Central Park, New York, when an old Asian-looking man sits down next to him. The Jew immediately punches him in the face.
"What the hell was that for?", says the old Asian guy, clutching his nose.
"That was for Pearl Harbor!" the Jew snarls.
"I'm Korean, you idiot, not Japanese!"
"Korean, Chinese, Japanese, same difference", says the Jew and settles back on the bench, only in turn to be punched in the face by the old Korean gentleman.
"Now what the hell was THAT for?", the Jew asks.
"That was for the Titanic."
"THE TITANIC? That thing was sunk by an iceberg!"
The old Korean shrugs: "Iceberg, Greenberg, Goldberg, same difference."

Hah, good one!
I know the next one in italian, I'll try to translate it:

Italy, second world war. A farmer is driving his cart pulled by a donkey, next to him is his dog and in the cart there are a few sheeps. Suddenly a german officer orders him to stop "HALT! Du must bring me to the german kommand! Schnell!". The farmer can only obey, and the officer sits next to the dog.
On the way, an american fighter bomber sees the german officer and dives for the kill, opening fire with the machine guns. Smoke, noise and a scene of destruction are what's left after the passage.
The officer stands up and is, of course, unharmed. He sees the donkey lying on the ground, obviously suffering... "Poor beast! I can see no animal suffer!" and promptly finishes it off with his pistol.
He then sees the dog, breathing painfully in a pool of his own blood... "Poor beast! I can see no animal suffer!" and promptly finishes it off with his pistol. The same, of course happens with the sheeps.
Then the farmer emerges from behind the cart, without an arm, trying to keep his own guts inside the body with the hand, with a cheek dangling and exposing part of the skull; he greets the officer saying "Dude! Look at this! Not even a scratch!".

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013

Minarch posted:

Not the bass?

I'm open to herring different sturgeons of the joke.

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep
Goldberg, Goldfish, what's the difference!

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

MoFauxHawk posted:

Goldberg, Goldfish, what's the difference!

"Goldberg, Gillberg, what's the difference?" -- Vince Russo

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Why not Zoidberg? :zoid:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

steve cardigan posted:

Made me up another one:

The Castanet

Minarch posted:

Not the bass?

steve cardigan posted:

I'm open to herring different sturgeons of the joke.

If that fisherman's as good a musician as you say, do you thin he can tuna fish?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Cippalippus posted:

Hah, good one!
I know the next one in italian, I'll try to translate it:

I've heard that one told slightly differently in English:

A farmer named Clyde had a car accident. In court, the trucking company’s fancy lawyer was questioning Clyde.

“Didn’t you say, at the scene of the accident, ‘I’m fine’?” asked the lawyer.

Clyde responded, “Well, I’ll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favorite mule, Bessie, into the…”

“I didn’t ask for any details,” the lawyer interrupted. ”Just answer the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, ‘I’m fine!’?”

Clyde said, “Well, I had just got Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road….”

The lawyer interrupted again and said, “Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the Highway Patrolman on the scene that he was just fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question.”

By this time the Judge was fairly interested in Clyde’s answer and said to the lawyer, “I’d like to hear what he has to say about his favorite mule, Bessie.”

Clyde thanked the Judge and proceeded. ”Well as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my favorite mule, into the trailer and was driving her down the highway when this huge semi-truck and trailer ran the stop sign and smacked my truck right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurting, real bad and didn’t want to move.

“However, I could hear ole Bessie moaning and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans. Shortly after the accident a Highway Patrolman came on the scene. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her, and saw her fatal condition, he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes.

“Then the Patrolman came across the road, gun still in hand, looked at me and said, ‘How are you feeling?’

“Now what the gently caress would you say?”

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Quit carping on will you guys? I've haddock up to here, and I hake it that it's getting to me like this.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Derailing this thread into nothing but fish jokes is pretty shellfish.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Yeah, these puns are wearing fin.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

And just what would you bass that opinion on?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Alternative pants posted:

And just what would you bass that opinion on?
At the risk of sounding trout, that word is not pronounced the way you think it is. Makes your joke fall a bit flatfish.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Holy Mackerel

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
I will krill you all.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Don't have a sea cow, man.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Here's another fish joke, just for the halibut.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
This is neither the time nor the plaice for this behaviour.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Puns are poissoning this thread.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

The mods are gonna krill us.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Ball Cupper already used krill. You don't have to be a brain sturgeon to come up with a new pun :rolleyes:

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Minarch posted:

Ball Cupper already used krill. You don't have to be a brain sturgeon to come up with a new pun :rolleyes:

It must be easy to be condescending from so high up on your perch.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Are you saying I should get off my high seahorse?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Caviar get along?

Hot Sauce Batman
Oct 8, 2011

by T. Finninho
Ha ha, FISH JOKE :buddy:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
You will roe the day you failed to take fish puns seriously!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Keep this up and they'll be a whale of a probation for a lot of us!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Ehh, I say keep it up. Carpe diem and all that.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I'm trying to come up with another pun, but I seem to be floundering.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
I will beat all of you to death with a large fish.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
I suppose that puns are technically jokes, though really crappie ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If your Uncle Jack helped you off a horse would you help your Uncle Jack off a horse?

• Locked thread