Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Is the previous round of voting even finished? :psyduck: I think y'all are getting ahead of yourselves again.

In case I'm wrong, I vote for Death Race.

VV Yeah I gotta go with Defiance here. Mackies don't have hatchets; therefore, I do not see the appeal. :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

jng2058 posted:

AH, but when going Davion is also going Kurita? With ADVANCED MACKIES? I think you need to reconsider that opinion, friend.

None of those things you just said are appealing in any way. Going Kurita has meant being House Davion's more ineffectual counterpart since, what, 3050?

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

The voting isn't even open yet, but I still can't see how you all could want anything other than clanner death race.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Remember folks a vote for the Confederation is a vote for heinous war crimes! And we all know those are fun to play out in a purely fictional game with no connection to the real world, so vote for them!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Defiance Industries posted:

None of those things you just said are appealing in any way. Going Kurita has meant being House Davion's more ineffectual counterpart since, what, 3050?

Then you have no soul. But since you're a Lyran corporate shill, I suppose that goes without saying. :mmmhmm:

Mind you, I'm not advocating voting Drac Suns if the Clan Death race is still an option, but neither should we dismiss the Suns out of hand due to some misguided Lyran prejudice. Drac Suns Mackies would be beautiful and there's nothing you Davion-haters can say will change that.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

jng2058 posted:

Clan Death race

For a minute or so there, I had forgotten about there being an actual scenario we were calling 'Clan Death Race' and just started visualizing an actual Clan based on the movie characters.

Khan Frankenstein would have owned.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

MadDogMike posted:

Bah, the most memorable Taurian stuff is just them acting like Death Commandos atrocity-wise but not being nearly as cool (especially since they do it out of paranoia; what's cool about terrified lunatics?). Sure, they aren't always like that, but isn't this during the reign of one of the more paranoid Protectors? Or did he get knocked out already; can't remember this thread's BT canon too well on the Periphery.

See I was just drawn in by the prospect of southern-themed, if only because someone called them Space Texans, Mechwarrior's because there is the chance, however remote, of having a group of tank commanders or Mechwarriors that act exactly like the Duke Boys.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

anakha posted:

For a minute or so there, I had forgotten about there being an actual scenario we were calling 'Clan Death Race' and just started visualizing an actual Clan based on the movie characters.

Khan Frankenstein would have owned.

Being the Clans (and requiring that Frankenstein be his bloodname), he would of course be Khan Racist Frankenstein

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Never not vote FWL.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

jng2058 posted:

Then you have no soul. But since you're a Lyran corporate shill, I suppose that goes without saying. :mmmhmm:

Mind you, I'm not advocating voting Drac Suns if the Clan Death race is still an option, but neither should we dismiss the Suns out of hand due to some misguided Lyran prejudice. Drac Suns Mackies would be beautiful and there's nothing you Davion-haters can say will change that.

I don't have to change anything. If anyone's in need of some alchemy, it's you, trying to make House Davion seem interesting.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

KnoxZone posted:

I think it is about time we vote Draconis Suns. Unleash the Mackie.

No, we should play the secret FWL Cyborg Commandos.

Why FWL cyborg commandos? Because I said so. Clearly they're closet Blakists.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Marik was already the "racist against cyborgs" faction, and the WoB didn't help things. They'd never have managed to get Parliament to fund a Cyber-Commando program, let alone one that reached Mark IV style... MOTHAFUCKA!

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Marik was already the "racist against cyborgs" faction, and the WoB didn't help things. They'd never have managed to get Parliament to fund a Cyber-Commando program, let alone one that reached Mark IV style... MOTHAFUCKA!

But maybe in this alternate universe, they have no choice but to use an experimental unit of SAFE agents, crippled by war, rebuilt by man.

In BATTLETECH: BLOOD DRAGON.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Not "The Six Million CBill Mechwarrior"?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Shoeless posted:

Justin Xiang/Allard already exists :confused:

e: though I forget whether or not he has a cyberfist in PTN's timeline, so I dunno

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Shoeless posted:

A six-million C-Bill MechWarrior is "a guy in a Warhammer," and there's already a ton of stuff about that guy.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I don't follow. I brought it up as a mechwarrior whose transformation from normal mechwarrior to cyborg cost 6 million cbills. This has nothing to do with what mech he pilots.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

MJ12 posted:

No, we should play the secret FWL Cyborg Commandos.

Why FWL cyborg commandos? Because I said so. Clearly they're closet Blakists.

Secret Canopian Cyborg Commandos (they actually exist.)

Amhazair
Feb 13, 2012

jng2058 posted:

Drac Suns Mackies would be beautiful
I agree. It was completely beautiful to see one going up in flames in the last Death Commando scenario.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Shoeless posted:

I don't follow. I brought it up as a mechwarrior whose transformation from normal mechwarrior to cyborg cost 6 million cbills. This has nothing to do with what mech he pilots.

I think it's what is known as a "joke". This kind of device (or method, the records aren't really clear) seems to have been used to distract opponents before murdering them. At least, that's all we can glean from the few examples left in the memory core.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
It's true. Here's an example:

"Knock Knock"
"Who's there?"
"The Blessed Blake."'
"The Blessed Blake who?"
"The Blessed Blake who will murder you if you continue to decrypt this memory core."

Been effective so far!

As a security precaution, the jokes are stored in ROM.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

TildeATH posted:

I think it's what is known as a "joke". This kind of device (or method, the records aren't really clear) seems to have been used to distract opponents before murdering them. At least, that's all we can glean from the few examples left in the memory core.

Oh. Darn, guess it just went over my head. See my great great granddad told me about jokes (don't tell Comstar!), but according to him jokes were supposed to be funny. Guess that's why I didn't recognize it.

I'm just messing with everyone, please don't take this as an actual jab at DI.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Shoeless posted:

Oh. Darn, guess it just went over my head. See my great great granddad told me about jokes (don't tell Comstar!), but according to him jokes were supposed to be funny. Guess that's why I didn't recognize it.

I'm just messing with everyone, please don't take this as an actual jab at DI.

The state of being known as "funny" is a mystery to scientists throughout the Inner Sphere ever since records relating to humor were obliterated in the wake of Operation Holy Shroud. Recently researchers at NAIS claimed to have rediscovered this "humor" that is said to be in some sense connected to being "funny," but peer review has shown that this was in fact a dedicated psychological warfare operation by the Ministry of Information, Intelligence, and Operations; the "humorous documents" that the researchers "discovered" turned out to be copies of General Thomas Hogarth's service record, and were designed to embarrass the Draconis Suns' premiere filmmaker.

That said service records did in fact cause laughter in test subjects remains as yet unexplained.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Interesting. You know about TSH? Triple-Strength Humor? The Fedsuns deployed it against the Capellans, didn't they? But it was a trap, when activated the supposed humor only led to bad racial stereotype jokes, which left them embarrassed and easily defeated by the Suns. Apparently the CC are working on a version that actually works, if they succeed their jokes can be told at 150% normal speed and cause twice as much hilarity!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
No discussion of the history of comedy in the Inner Sphere is complete if we don't include Alexander Kerensky's epic tour where he reportedly told "The Aristocrats" in every comedy club from the Periphery to Terra.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'd mention Clan jokes, but by this point they've been thoroughly overdone. Twice. In half the time.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

AJ_Impy posted:

I'd mention Clan jokes, but by this point they've been thoroughly overdone. Twice. In half the time.

You know what's funny? People should be getting really steamed about the whole Clan jokes thing, but for some reason you can keep telling them and they seem to make people less heated than you'd expect.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TildeATH posted:

No discussion of the history of comedy in the Inner Sphere is complete if we don't include Alexander Kerensky's epic tour where he reportedly told "The Aristocrats" in every comedy club from the Periphery to Terra.

Don't forget his son's attempt at a follow-up tour. It was 30 minutes of a man with brain damage yelling about honor that concluded with him making GBS threads himself.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Don't forget his son's attempt at a follow-up tour. It was 30 minutes of a man with brain damage yelling about honor that concluded with him making GBS threads himself.

No, it concluded with him making GBS threads on the entire audience, then rolling around in it, then making THEM roll around in it. Then they all went off and kept running through the same routine for a thousand years.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TildeATH posted:

You know what's funny? People should be getting really steamed about the whole Clan jokes thing, but for some reason you can keep telling them and they seem to make people less heated than you'd expect.

:golfclap: Had to appreciate this one.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Secret Canopian Cyborg Commandos (they actually exist.)

Also a valid compromise. In general any scenario which allows the players to be cyborg commandos is awesome and should be chosen.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
We haven't had a single scenario with the Duchy of New Syrtis yet, I want to see how their war with the Capellans is going now that House Liao has backed off of invading House Marik.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MJ12 posted:

Also a valid compromise. In general any scenario which allows the players to be cyborg commandos is awesome and should be chosen.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

We haven't had a single scenario with the Duchy of New Syrtis yet, I want to see how their war with the Capellans is going now that House Liao has backed off of invading House Marik.

The Ebon Magistrate is always cool, but I think Amaris replaced the Canopians this time around. Still leaves us with Capellan commandos (maybe even with the myomer implants the Capellans helped pioneer :science:) stomping on New Syrtis.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

We also haven't had a single scenario with the best faction of them all; Clan Ghost Bear :colbert: :sweden:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

We also haven't had a single scenario with the best faction of them all; Clan Ghost Bear :colbert: :sweden:

You misspelled Goliath Scorpion. The spice venom must flow!

Besides, the faction that focuses on targeting computers and clan energy weapons is clearly capable of capturing the Inner Sphere on it's own.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

fool_of_sound posted:

You misspelled Goliath Scorpion. The spice venom must flow!

Besides, the faction that focuses on targeting computers and clan energy weapons is clearly capable of capturing the Inner Sphere on it's own.

Clan Large Pulse Laser & Targeting Computer sounds like my new favorite clan. Their totem can just be an anthropomorphic LPL wearing glasses named Larry.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Moving everything into a new thread is probably a mountain of work for ol' Poptarts and I don't envy his position right now.

Once things kick back into gear, though, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the oft-ignored options getting some play in the near future. We've ignored the Highlanders for forever. And Syrtis. And Taurians. And Pirates. I'm pretty sure there's others we've ignored so hard that I've already forgotten them.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If he was creating a second thread, he wouldn't move everything to it I don't think. He'd just link back to the old one and pick up from there. Moving everything that is in this thread to a new one would just have the same problems he's currently facing.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Moving everything into a new thread is probably a mountain of work for ol' Poptarts and I don't envy his position right now.

Once things kick back into gear, though, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the oft-ignored options getting some play in the near future. We've ignored the Highlanders for forever. And Syrtis. And Taurians. And Pirates. I'm pretty sure there's others we've ignored so hard that I've already forgotten them.

Do the Northwind Highlanders even exist as a unified, coherent force at the moment? The last I remember of them in this narrative, they were scattered to the four winds by the Capellans (following their role as scapegoats in Justin/Romano's Plan to kill ol' Mad Max).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He just needs a sweet rear end recap video.

"Last time, on non-canon Battletech!"

• Locked thread