Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
That video was pretty much exactly what I was expecting from forcing someone to actually try and beat Cry of Fear. I was not disappointed with the resluts :gibs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Frosty Beverage
Sep 26, 2007

Full of vitamin chill
You should do a video of you guys uninstalling Cry of Fear as the last episode and end it with some mild revelry and drinking.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A Frosty Beverage posted:

You should do a video of you guys uninstalling Cry of Fear as the last episode and end it with some mild revelry and drinking.

Move it to a disc and blow it up with the strongest explosives you can find.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Move it to a disc and blow it up with the strongest explosives you can find.

So a repeat of the fingat thread? Except this time it features Lowtax and Shmorky?

Edit: I suck at basic english.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Fibby Boy posted:

So a repeat of the fingat thread? Except this time it features Lowtax and Shmorky?

Edit: I suck at basic english.

No because no one has pooped on any electronics and posted a picture yet. I also seem to remember a goat being killed in that thread. Truly one of our finest hours.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

popewiles posted:

No because no one has pooped on any electronics and posted a picture yet. I also seem to remember a goat being killed in that thread. Truly one of our finest hours.

Sounds like the next logical step for Lowtax's scarecam's.

Meowy Babyleg
Sep 10, 2011
I bet you'd get more views if you added lowtax_sobbing.png to your thumbnail

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Every time I think I've seen the worst that Cry of Fear has to offer, it manages to top itself. Not sure if that can be considered an achievement or not.

So, part 15 you guys are just going to enable noclip and skip that maze right?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I laughed when they enabled low gravity to skip the bullshit jumping puzzle. It brought me back to the countless bad HL mods I played back in high school where I would inevitably get bored and do the very same :shobon:

But yeah, wow, as bad as Cry of Fear has been up to this point, the teleporting instant-kill worm-men maze is a new low (high?) in terrible game design.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

NeuroticLich posted:

Every time I think I've seen the worst that Cry of Fear has to offer, it manages to top itself. Not sure if that can be considered an achievement or not.

So, part 15 you guys are just going to enable noclip and skip that maze right?

You can't noclip; the game just refuses to activate the cheat no matter what :v:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Alabaster White posted:

You can't noclip; the game just refuses to activate the cheat no matter what :v:

This game is so awful that it disables the best thing about playing games on the PC.

That's just incredible.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I'm sure there's a god mode cheat that he can type in to get past that maze, right?

Right?

Robohobobro
Apr 26, 2013

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I'm sure there's a god mode cheat that he can type in to get past that maze, right?

Right?

Yeah and you only need one button to activate it.

The power off -button.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

CharlestonJew posted:

That's actually how Cry of Fear ends. Congratulations you beat it, now you never have to play it again.
They haven't even gotten to the part where the game decides all the previous bullshit wasn't enough and just piles on even more! Well more so than 'every new room' does that is, there's a extra bullshitty place coming up.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.

Alabaster White posted:

So what you're saying is that the game won't budge? :v:

I'm sorry...

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The Wizard of Oz posted:

Well with the other games once they've had their fun they just turn it off or it handily crashes for them. With this game they actually have to complete the absolute bullshit sections. There's no escape from the terror!

drat you Valve and your well-coded game engines!

I think we all know that if Cry of Fear weren't running in the Half-Life engine it'd crash every 15 minutes or so, at least giving people the excuse to not continue playing it.

dimwit
Jan 30, 2011

There seems to be a misunderstanding

Lowtax posted:

1) the game

OK.
Now play through the rest of the loving game.
We demand it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Lowtax posted:

shmorky and I are just really upset now over here, and while I don't directly blame anybody, I kind of blame you all.
Hey, you two listened to their requests. Clearly, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I really the last video. Seeing people play through such an awful game is really fun for some reason.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

dimwit posted:

OK.
We demand it.

Hey, don't lump me in with the rest of you jerks. My bout of Cry of Fear schadenfreude is over and done with. :colbert:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kelsing posted:

Hey, don't lump me in with the rest of you jerks. My bout of Cry of Fear schadenfreude is over and done with. :colbert:

I won't be satisfied till they get to whatever stupid loving ending this game has and Shmorky dissolves into a series of incoherent shrieks.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Kelsing posted:

You're worthless and weak! More blood for the blood god!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I would like to see more Good Elderly, Miami Traffic, and Sonic for Begginers type videos. I think every single one of them has been hilarious.

Cry of Fear does not interest me because it's too long and competent.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

1stGear posted:

I won't be satisfied till they get to whatever stupid loving ending this game has and Shmorky dissolves into a series of incoherent shrieks.

Especially if they get the supposed "joke" ending that apparently isn't even close to funny. That should be extra aggravating.

Mr. Cool Ice posted:

I would like to see more Good Elderly, Miami Traffic, and Sonic for Begginers type videos. I think every single one of them has been hilarious.

True, those videos are funnier. A part of me just wants to see them finish Cry of Fear because a small part of me wants to see the end of the game and I sure as hell don't want to play it myself.

Mr. Noseybonk fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 4, 2013

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dimwit posted:

OK.
We demand it.
It's boring garbage, I'd rather get mauled to death by swedish BDSM hangworms than exist in a world where people play games like FearCry. I stopped reading the last thread for a month when the novelty of googliata & buds wore off and only came back to witness the genuinely scary horror that is Dontrel.

If you're gonna play a game that's structured to feel like staying conscious during a jaunt, even Nintendo Nightmare 69 or whatever is a better option.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I did enjoy me some Exploration Nation.

~*~God Bless This Mess~*~

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Mr. Cool Ice posted:

ahahahahahahaahahahahahaaa competent ahaahahhhhahaaaa

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I too want to play games on the internet so I can afford a GT-R.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

spankmeister posted:

I too want to play games on the internet so I can afford a GT-R.
I've had the GTR for 2 years before I started doing this, so what you need to do is run a comedy website for 12 years if you want one.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Lowtax posted:

ahahahahahahaahahahahahaaa competent ahaahahhhhahaaaa

Well to be honest, since it's a HL mod, everything does seem to work like it's supposed to. More so than most of the other games you play.

Mr. Noseybonk fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 4, 2013

bof_man
Mar 23, 2006
Value Pack
All you need now is to scarecam CoF and the circle will be complete.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

bof_man posted:

All you need now is to scarecam CoF and the circle will be complete.
Okay, I'll just record video of myself sleeping.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I enjoy Cry of Fear videos because the game is so boring that it is not worth commentary, and instead the LPer(s) are forced to bounce off each other with the game as reference material, thus providing a glimpse into the human psyche, much the same as if they were locked in a room full of found art. That's why I watched the Worms Armageddon board game video all the way through. Twice.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

Well to be honest, since it's a HL mod, everything does seem to work like it's supposed to. More so than most of the other games you play.

Yeah Cry of Fear is clearly A Bad Game, but some of the other games you've played seem like they were made by people who simply had the concept of a video game described to them and decided to make their own while covered in bees.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
How do you find these godawful games?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

popewiles posted:

Yeah Cry of Fear is clearly A Bad Game, but some of the other games you've played seem like they were made by people who simply had the concept of a video game described to them and decided to make their own while covered in bees.
I won't argue that CoF is more polished and playable than all the other crud we feature, but I still refuse to believe it's "competent." There are far too many unnecessarily annoying, failed attempts at coherent gameplay. I guess it all boils down to semantics.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Waiting on both of you to give it up and Mike Nelson being forced to continue this poo poo game, only to quit to a flying wheelchair or something.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alabaster White posted:

Apparently noclip kinda works; it just disables almost instantly after enabling it, which means you can inch your way through walls if you spam it. If you bind noclip to mousewheel and spin that motherfucker, I bet you could climb up a wall and then use your superior ups to jump your way to freedom.
bind mwheeldown noclip

You can also try this command:
cl_leveloverview 1

It's a HL2 command that gives you a pacman view, so there's a chance it will work on the HL1 engine. I just refuse to download this game to try it out.

That said, if you're not having fun with this bullshit game, you should just stop playing it. The other games you've been playing have been really funny, whereas this one is seeming to loose it's charm as it piles on more and more bullshit.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
After watching that last video all I could think of was TRELYATE!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

As much as I delight in the suffering of others, Cry of Fear is really boring and no one should have to play it to completion, not even the guy that made this website.

• Locked thread