Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: I am starting off August with the following oath: 1 Journeyman Warcaster, 1 Necrotech, 7 Scrap Thralls, a Long Gunner Lieutenant and Standard Bearer, 5 Skinwalkers, and 1 Skinwalker Alpha. :siren:
These are Privateer Press models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I, Fix, oath to complete three Elrond's Star Children (probably not the real name) wreck markers from Worldsmith Industries!

I went back and re-primed to get past that little black wash issue earlier. I hope this is sufficient!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Does weathering just mean rust and mud, or could I include scorch marks? I am thinking about stripping and completely repainting a drop pod. Not really keen on the idea of a rust/dirty pod, but there being scorch marks from the jets and such sounds pretty cool to me.

Scorch marks are a perfectly cromulent type of weathering. They are, after all, caused by the extreme weather involved in slamming through the atmosphere at a hojillion Imperial Furlongs per Space Second.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Egyptian-style Floating Lich! It's another Reaper Bones mini from the kickstarter, 28mm. I've trimmed his base a bit to correct an upright-angle issue, but it's currently otherwise unprimed.

Are you familiar with our very own Reaper Bones thread? In that thread you can find out about how to boil your Bones to get them to return to their fully upright and locked position.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Aww crappbummer. I didn't realize I had to do all the Jurnals to be eligible for the quarterly prize. poo poo I can't believe I missed one. :bang:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Got my oath model ordered, going to add to my trollblood hordes force... and may throw together some new objective markers for epic, seeing as my current objective markers are looking a bit worse for wear :) Weee... come on model, hurry up and arrive :argh:

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I, Serotonin, oath to paint this Cygnar Ironclad Heavy Warjack for Warmachine by Privateer Press.

Bit gutted coz I wanted to oath more but the unit of Mage Hunter Strike Force I need to get painted ASAP, I already airbrushed the cloaks. I'm taking part in an escalation league and playing Scyrah so cant get distracted painting too much else, hence only one Cygnar Warjack this month.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: GOON PRIZE ALERT! :siren:

Kind goon Vondizimo has donated THIS:

Do you want to win it? This is a limited edition Games Day 2012 Blood Angels Captain that can only be found on auction sites now, but Vondizimo has offered this prize for anyone who oaths and completes a Games Workshop Warhammer 40,000 model during the month of August.

All you have to do is oath a 40K model as normal, and complete it before the end of the month. At the beginning of September, everyone who is eligible to win (that is, if you've completed a 40K model) will be able to vote on the best completed model! That's it!

Of course, this opens up the floodgates for anyone to donate their own model for other game systems! Infinity is an obvious one (but we already have many prizes from Corvus Belli), Warmachine is another one, and of course there are other games I don't want to leave out but can't mention for lack of space. They don't have to be limited editions or expensive, but we would like to offer hard-to-find models if possible. We don't want to be picky, but if you have a sprue of Imperial Guard or Marines, that would be a better choice for the Grab Bag prizes. But if you have something out-of-print and therefore somewhat valuable, drop me an email! krushgroove169 (at) gmail (just because it's easier to keep track of conversations in gmail rather than in PMs)

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
*crosses fingers for some kind soul to donate a Nightmare Teddy or Nightmare Chompy for a Malifaux prize*

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

anyone who oaths and completes a Games Workshop Warhammer 40,000 model during the month of August

Ah, OK so now I guess in addition to tracking manufacturer I also need to track game systems, oh god

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Well we gotta keep you busy! :v:

I'll look at the emails we sent but it should be easy to see who's painted some 40K stuff.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Ok I guess I am in for this month again

:siren: I, Ashcans, oath 1 Privateer Press Merc. Renegade Light Jack for August :siren:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:toot: August is off to a good start!

It sucks that Speed Painting is a one-time bonus, but at least this frees up some time for the FCM 2C.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
I, Direwolf, oath that I will paint one Games Workshop Krell Lord of Undeath (will be used as 40k Chaos Lord), one Games Workshop Skulltaker (with Juggernaut for conversion, also for 40k), and one Infinity Kamau w/ Combi Rifle and Grenade Launcher for August.

Aww, it's a baby!

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

It's a Speed Challenge. It is midnight and I forgot to air my room so it's a sauna.

So I, Neonchameleon oath to paint these six minis before I go to sleep.

(Mostly to show how fast the Reaper Greens get painted and how effective it is).

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

2 hrs 15 minutes. Rule 1: It always takes longer than you think even when you take into account rule 1. And sorry about the image quality.

Worst thing about painting Reaper Greens: You can't find the detail. Because everything's translucent it all sort of merges together - to the point that in the creepy three summoned women I only noticed two until I was quite far along.

Best thing about painting them: The first wash with green ink makes a vast difference even if you can't consciously see it.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I oath 12 Fire Warriors (from games workshop) for August

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Question about this month's Detectuv Jurnal: does the weathering have to be on the model, or could it be applied to the base it's on? I ask this because I have some powered armored dudes that are following the same paint scheme I did for last month (crisp, clean bone white on rusty space ship bases).

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, do oath 10 Ork Shoota Boys for the month of August

Models c/o Games Workshop

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
August Oath

Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis and 1 unit of Clockwork Angels. All Privateer Press models.

nathonicus
May 2, 2013
I, Nathonicus, oath these 10 models comprising an Ariadna Army for Infinity.

4 of the models are Infinity models, one is a conversion from a Reaper Chronoscope figure, and the remaining 5 are the Union Troops figures from the Tannhauser board game.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 1 Nob Biker and 6 vehicle damage markers/objective markers All are GW.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I, Iris of Ether, oath (12) kobold raiders and (1) iron golem. All are 28mm Reaper.

I may convert some of the little guys, but no guarantees yet.

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I, CowOnCrack, oath this Forgeworld Imperial Guard Manticore Rocket Launcher!

Aww, it's a baby!

CowOnCrack fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 5, 2013

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I, Bucnasty First of his Name, oath this Reaper Pathfinder Dragon, and these IMEF Marines (Themes Group).

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
I, Rikthor, oath these (20) Warlord Games - Early Imperial Roman Legionaries.

nathonicus
May 2, 2013

neonchameleon posted:

2 hrs 15 minutes. Rule 1: It always takes longer than you think even when you take into account rule 1. And sorry about the image quality.

Worst thing about painting Reaper Greens: You can't find the detail. Because everything's translucent it all sort of merges together - to the point that in the creepy three summoned women I only noticed two until I was quite far along.

Best thing about painting them: The first wash with green ink makes a vast difference even if you can't consciously see it.

Nice! I'd like to see some better pics of these, as I will be painting up some translucents eventually. Did you wash with soap and water or otherwise prep the minis before painting?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Iris of Ether posted:

I, Iris of Ether, oath (12) kobold raiders and (1) iron golem. All are 28mm Reaper.

I may convert some of the little guys, but no guarantees yet.

So. Kobolds. Fun to convert, or the most fun to convert? :3:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Quick question: so about two weeks after I finished my first oath, a Line Kazak, I lost it and wouldn't find it for another month. It had somehow dropped into my backpack and spent a month having heavy objects being dropped onto it. By the time I found it the paint had been rubbed off in a few areas and the model had snapped in half at the ankles. :negative:

I've since stripped the model and fixed it, though I had forgotten to take picture of it while damaged. My question is, can I re-oath it for August, pictures and everything? I've got nothing else to paint (at least, nothing that really interests me or would contribute to my Infinity army) for about two weeks and by then I'll be back at school. I wasn't sure if that was kosher so I wanted to ask first.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Considering no one would have been the wiser if you just reprimed it and oathed it as another Line Kazak I assume they don't care if you oath it again, as long as it follows all the normal oath rules.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

If I want to strip, repaint and probably do some minor conversions on a model do I have to wait until all the paint is gone before I can oath it?

It will be redone in a different paint scheme.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fix posted:

I, Fix, oath to complete three Elrond's Star Children (probably not the real name) wreck markers from Worldsmith Industries!

I went back and re-primed to get past that little black wash issue earlier. I hope this is sufficient!

I would like to make an Oath Addition!

3 Worm Egg Markers
3 Giant Worm Maws
1 Giant Worm

Models by this guy.
(Giant Worm by Nathonicus)

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Oath Complete

Da Detektuv's Jurnal

I decided to try and add some rust to the back boiler using Modelmates liquid rust
http://www.modelmates.co.uk/1_en-UK/Opaque_Rust_Effect/Opaque_Rust_Effect.html

Came out reasonably OK. I think I might need to practice a bit more with it to pull it off well.

One time bonus- Parts List

Parts list:
Undercoat with some cheapy spray on car paint.
Blue- Airbrushed P3 Exile Blue over black undercoat, then zenithal highlighting with P3 Cygnar Blue Base, Cygnar Blue Highlight and Cygnar Blue Highlight/Vallejo Air Color White (wish I had been a tad braver and gone for a lighter final highlight). Pinwash with Citadel Azurmen Blue and Azurmen Blue+Coat D'arms Black Superwash in darker areas.
Steel bits- Foundry Metal, highlighted with Foundry Spear Point. Washed with Coat D'Arms Black Superwash.
Shoulder pads- Coat D'arms Black highlighted with Foundry Charcoal Black, Foundry Chainmail for metal nodules.
Brassy Bits- Foundry Spearshaft Shade basecoat then Vallejo Game Color Brassy Brass. Washed with Agrax Earthshade then highlighted with Vallejo Game Color Glorious Gold.
Eyes- Vallejo Model Color Flat Red
Rust on boiler- Modelmates Rust Effect
Base- sand and PVA, basecoated with Tamiya Flat Earth, drybrushed with Vallejo Model Color Iraqi Sand, then Iraqi Sand/ Foundry Canvas Light.

One time bonus- Box art

Im trying this on a tad as I havent painted the Cygnar swan on the top plate coz I suck at freehanding. I throw myself on the mercy of the judges as to whether I qualify for this one.

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 4, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Agh crap. And after all that chiding about getting on with it and rushing into August, I find out on the 2nd that I've been approved for a new place and will be spending the next fornight packing and moving.

So in the interests of not pressuring myself. I'm going to Oath after i've finished moving. Hopefully i'll have a full two weeks at the end of August to get painting. If not, I wont have risked failing an oath.

Thats a bit poo poo tho, I just got some new minis assembled and basecoated.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Awwww, it's a baby!

I, ijyt, oath two (2) Games Workshop Tau XV25 Stealth Suits.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
August and I've more free time so time to do my first oath.

I, gilljoy, oath 10 dire avengers + a wave serpant, a night goblin fanatic and a savage orc all by GW

Anyone have any idea how to weather eldar stuff?

Edit typical, my airbrush hose has broken just as I'm about to start undercoating the avengers :(

gilljoy fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 4, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

gilljoy posted:

Anyone have any idea how to weather eldar stuff?

Amazingly seems like a good start. Check out this gallery, there are at least three Eldar ships that will make you cry. It looks like he's sponged dark brown -> brick red, with a light brushed application of light grey near the edges, and it's super-effective.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I thiswayliesmadness, doth Oath ye olde Aegis Defense Line with Quad Gun and Dreadnought with far too many magnetized arms

Bit more than I usually oath, but I'm pushing my GK to get them done sooner than later.

And the arms are:
-2 TLAC
-DCCW w/storm bolter
-Plasma cannon
-Assault cannon

I have the meltagun arm primed as well but not oathing it. Maybe get it done unofficially.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following: 10 Dark Vengeance Space Marines, 1 Librarian, and 2 pieces of the Battle of Macragge crashed thunderhawk terrain (GW); 3 Cryx Bonejacks, 1 Slayer Helljack, and 1 Deneghra (Privateer Press)!

The crashed Thunderhawk main piece measures to about 7"x6", and the smaller piece is about 2"x4".

I will be aiming for this month's Detectuv's Jurnal (Weathering), as well as the Strike a Pose and Double the Fun! bonuses. I'll also shoot for the Get Based Out bonus on the DV Librarian.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

neonchameleon posted:

It's a Speed Challenge. It is midnight and I forgot to air my room so it's a sauna.

So I, Neonchameleon oath to paint these six minis before I go to sleep.

(Mostly to show how fast the Reaper Greens get painted and how effective it is).

neonchameleon posted:

Hi neonchameleon. I'm afraid you are not following all the rules here. It's OK! But here's the beef:

• When you add something to your existing monthly Oath, you need to declare how you are adding it: either as an Alternate Universe oath, or as a "gotta do this bonus style" oath. See: "Oathing Additional Models" in the first post.

• When you oath something, I need the names and number of models. Please don't just post "I'm oathing this stuff" or "these six dudes". I need a text description to paste into a cell in the spreadsheet. If I paste "these dudes" then whoever is looking has to follow the link to find out what you oathed. Like, at the end of the month, when I'm checking oath complete photos, it's way easier if I can see that someone finished seven pirates and I can see in the text of his oath that he oathed seven pirates and not seven ghosts or five rats or twelve princesses.

• For the speed painting challenge, I need your World Time Server clock in both the "start" and "finish" pictures. In this case, it's in your start photo, but not your finished one. You should also put a bold title on both posts, something like "speed challenge complete" or whatever, to make it easier to see. You also need to include these painted figures in your Oath Complete photo, whenever you post that (hopefully before the end of the month) since I have counted them as oath additions.

CowOnCrack posted:

I, CowOnCrack, oath this Forgeworld Imperial Guard Manticore Rocket Launcher!

Aww, it's a baby!

Welcome to the thread, CowOnCrack! Please resize your enormous image! It is breaking the tables badly. You can use the timg tags instead of img tags to do this.

bhsman posted:

Quick question: so about two weeks after I finished my first oath, a Line Kazak, I lost it and wouldn't find it for another month. It had somehow dropped into my backpack and spent a month having heavy objects being dropped onto it. By the time I found it the paint had been rubbed off in a few areas and the model had snapped in half at the ankles. :negative:

I've since stripped the model and fixed it, though I had forgotten to take picture of it while damaged. My question is, can I re-oath it for August, pictures and everything? I've got nothing else to paint (at least, nothing that really interests me or would contribute to my Infinity army) for about two weeks and by then I'll be back at school. I wasn't sure if that was kosher so I wanted to ask first.

cat with hands posted:

If I want to strip, repaint and probably do some minor conversions on a model do I have to wait until all the paint is gone before I can oath it?

It will be redone in a different paint scheme.

Models must be bare, or have no more than one color of paint showing (a prime or undercoat), per the OP. We do not care if you are painting stripped models or whatever, and it's fine to re-do models you already oathed once. However, you must strip them or coat them or something so we can clearly see you're starting from scratch.

If you have any doubts, take a photo and ask Sole.Sushi, as he is the judge and has final say on this matter.

Speaking of the devil, where is that guy! It's the 4th and we need some oaths confirmed.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
I, Deanut Pancer, oath this GW Ork Battlewagon:

• Locked thread