Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure launchers got nerfed recently, but I don't know exactly when. You can't JA off a lot of PAs now. Why????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Sounds like you're just timing it wrong dude.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The apocalypse is upon us! Forget Dark Falz, forget stunlock abusing enemies, Lillipans will destroy us all! :supaburn:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

InfinityComplex posted:

Sounds like you're just timing it wrong dude.

I'm pretty sure the JA flash doesn't even appear anymore for those PAs, even if you only press the JA button and go to standby. Might be a bug on my end, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MR. J posted:

The apocalypse is upon us! Forget Dark Falz, forget stunlock abusing enemies, Lillipans will destroy us all! :supaburn:

I don't like the field at all (I'd have much rathered seeing Seabed) but 'Roid Raging Lillipan makes it pretty great for me.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Seabed might be cool but a part of me knows it will never be as good as PSO with its dissonant nightmare soundtrack and also the big invisible robots that freeze you so that the li'l baby robot heads can OHKO with their buzzsaws.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't like the field at all (I'd have much rathered seeing Seabed) but 'Roid Raging Lillipan makes it pretty great for me.

Honestly I'm surprised the new field wasn't inside of one of the temples you see in the background of Coast. There were two "temple" fields in PSU so I thought it was the obvious choice. :shrug:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Umberger posted:

Honestly I'm surprised the new field wasn't inside of one of the temples you see in the background of Coast. There were two "temple" fields in PSU so I thought it was the obvious choice. :shrug:

Lilipa's always been up next on the rotation for another area.

Next up would either be a fourth Naberius area or a second Vopal area. (Probably the latter.)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dinky Duck Race posted:

Seabed might be cool but a part of me knows it will never be as good as PSO with its dissonant nightmare soundtrack and also the big invisible robots that freeze you so that the li'l baby robot heads can OHKO with their buzzsaws.

Delbiters :negative:

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

nerdz posted:

I'm pretty sure the JA flash doesn't even appear anymore for those PAs, even if you only press the JA button and go to standby. Might be a bug on my end, though.

I actually have the same thing happen to me after gunnerdodging sometimes. Not sure if it's a related bug, but the JA is usually still possible. It's just... real hard without the visual cue :froggonk:

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
They just posted this system message:

quote:

プレイ中の皆様にお知らせいたします。  現在、不正アクセスと思われる被害報告が非常に多く寄せられております。  また、大手他社サービスにおいて、IDや一部の登録情報が流出したなどの情報も報じられております。  皆様の大切なデータを守るための対策として、オフィシャルサイトに、  【重要】パスワード変更のお願いとアカウント情報の管理に関するご注意  のお知らせを掲載いたしました。  必ずご確認いただきますようお願いいたします。

Google Translate spits out:

quote:

We are pleased to announce to everyone during play. Currently, damage report seems to be unauthorized access has been received very much. In addition, information in the leading third-party service, registration information and some ID, such as that the leaked also has been reported. As a measure to protect the important data of everyone, the official site, we have posted a notice of attention on the management of account information and ask [important] password change. I ask to have you confirm it by all means.

So I guess change your password.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Basically there was a third-party breach which may have compromised some player information.

Change your password. Better yet, turn on two-factor authentication and you won't get your account stolen.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Kessel posted:

Change your password. Better yet, turn on two-factor authentication and you won't get your account stolen.

They have that? Is it available through an iOS app or what method do they use?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Umberger posted:

They have that? Is it available through an iOS app or what method do they use?

http://bumped.org/psublog/otp-one-time-password-registration-guide-for-pso2/

The app is entirely in English, all the way from registration to use. It detects your system language.

Just remember that to trigger the lockout takes six consecutive mistypes of the OTP. The OTP itself is a standard six-digit code, entered in normal English instead of the weird Japanese full-width numbers. If you get locked out you WILL have to contact Sega support, in Japanese, to get it fixed. Apply at your own risk!

My advice is that if you are comfortable with the language, turn 2FA on right away. If you're not you may want to consider carefully.

Kessel fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 3, 2013

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Well, I guess Nabarta is better than, uh, rod bonking things?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQOora8fzTE
If Freeze was actually a worthwhile status effect it could almost be a good crowd-control spell, except it breaks the freeze before it even has a chance to provide a benefit. :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, if you got accepted into the Android beta, you should have gotten an email right as the stream ended yesterday.

The times it's active are August 29, 16:00 to 21:00 and August 31, 11:00 to 22:00, JST. Times are subject to change. If you raise a character to level 20 of any class you get a hat, a 50% tribooster and a 500 FUN ticket.

I'm guessing as the day comes closer you'll get a link to the APK via email, and also from the wording that it won't be using your normal characters, at least for the beta.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh that's really cool- I thought the Android version wasn't coming out. I'll get it once I upgrade my phone.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Granted it just looks like some sort of screen-slashing minigame, which is about what I expected when it was first announced. Though if you could team chat and mag feed from it that'd be kinda neat too.

Torquil
Apr 4, 2007
Now with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with Hinder-90)
So every time I think I have this game figured out I end up learning something fun and new. I was dinking around on my FO in Vhard beach and got invited to a party of max leveled Japanese players who taught me how to properly farm the level. Nothing is more fun than twelve people huddled together blasting waves of space fish during a cross burst. This game is amazing.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh, if you got accepted into the Android beta, you should have gotten an email right as the stream ended yesterday.

The times it's active are August 29, 16:00 to 21:00 and August 31, 11:00 to 22:00, JST. Times are subject to change. If you raise a character to level 20 of any class you get a hat, a 50% tribooster and a 500 FUN ticket.

I'm guessing as the day comes closer you'll get a link to the APK via email, and also from the wording that it won't be using your normal characters, at least for the beta.

The minisite says they copied your basic character info as it stood from July 17, but that you'd start from level 1. I'm assuming it basically just copies your appearance and everything else is just completely new systems.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kessel posted:

The minisite says they copied your basic character info as it stood from July 17, but that you'd start from level 1. I'm assuming it basically just copies your appearance and everything else is just completely new systems.

Ahh, I see. That makes sense.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Kessel posted:

Damnit, that means I'm going to have to play as my other stupid character :(

Oh well, hooray Sato hat!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I finally found a 11* weapon from falz but I'm not sure which it is.

I'll have to read up on it :v:

Xeroma
Nov 16, 2007
Robot Fan
That's the Prophecies of Motav, which is the current best Talis in the game. Congratulations!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
That thing has a fun little potential of overpowering photon flare.

(About like 350 t-atk boost at rank 3 when active)

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

Tengames posted:

Awesome luck there, dude. I would kill for a Fal Claw or Niren Kamui (giant robot arms and ninja swords with an awesome latent).

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Xeroma posted:

That's the Prophecies of Motav, which is the current best Talis in the game. Congratulations!

:thejoke:

I found something neat from a parallel World just before Falz tonight, but I am waiting on the video to export to youtube for the whole parallel world before posting anything else here

here we go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfCnRaF6kw

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 4, 2013

Torquil
Apr 4, 2007
Now with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with Hinder-90)

Tengames posted:

I'm so jealous. I've been hoping to get that drop all weekend. Congrats on that find.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
Speaking of drops: I checked the quest records on Utterly Profound yesterday and (on Ship 2) there have been 2 Psycho Wand drops in the past week. That thing's drop rate has to be like 1/50,000.

e: To give a point of reference, all the 11*s had between 60~80 drops and Elder Rod (and most of the other 10*s) had over 13,000. Granted, there have been no Ely Sion drops but I've seen a lot more Forces than Hunters. :v:

Umberger fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 4, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Nobody is entirely sure on how the "better drop rates for items you can equip" works, much less for all-class or multi-class items, largely due to the difficulty of collecting individual data and then cross referencing it. Ideally, you'd want at least two parties so you could cover all classes doing the same number of runs against a boss with a large drop table, getting the same mission rank and breaking the same number of parts every time to get a consistent drop pool. Coordinating this and making sure that your variables are the same every time would be such a huge pain in the rear end that no one has attempted it yet, to my knowledge anyway.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Umberger posted:

Speaking of drops: I checked the quest records on Utterly Profound yesterday and (on Ship 2) there have been 2 Psycho Wand drops in the past week. That thing's drop rate has to be like 1/50,000.

e: To give a point of reference, all the 11*s had between 60~80 drops and Elder Rod (and most of the other 10*s) had over 13,000. Granted, there have been no Ely Sion drops but I've seen a lot more Forces than Hunters. :v:

It's no Ely Sion, but I did pick up Elysion.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

I mentioned in my last post that no one knows how class drops are supposed to work, but that wasn't entirely accurate. What we do know is that it supposedly gives you an extra roll on "any item appropriate for your main class", and that it only happens for boss mobs, so no effect on trash mob drops. Based on that, you probably want to be sure to run Falz on your preferred class if you want the minor increase in the probability of getting particular weapons. Of course, this means you Techters are going to have an increased chance of getting Adaman Canes off of Elder.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I got three Adamans from Dark Falz Elder yesterday. As a Braver :shepface:

Odd request: does anyone have lyrics for the Dark Falz Elder battle theme?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cheap Trick posted:

Odd request: does anyone have lyrics for the Dark Falz Elder battle theme?

Lyrics? You mean what Elder is saying? It's like.. "Show me you can withstand this ruinous power", "Pay close attention for I am Dark Falz Elder!" etc. Standard stuff.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Lyrics? You mean what Elder is saying? It's like.. "Show me you can withstand this ruinous power", "Pay close attention for I am Dark Falz Elder!" etc. Standard stuff.

I was referring to the chanting in the battle theme music, not Falzy himself.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cheap Trick posted:

Just sounded like generic synth chanting to me, I didn't hear any words at all.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Cheap Trick posted:

I just make up my own words. "You can break his arms; you won't get his drops, etc etc" It's fun to sing on Skype and a great coping mechanism for terrible runs.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

It sounded like Latin chant. Maybe it's just me!

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Grinded like hell for the last two weeks, nothing to show of it. The drop rates in this game are flat out offensive and it feels like the moment you hit Very Hard you just slam into a brick wall where any meaningful sense of progression is totaled. Not only am I totally burned out on PSO2, that poo poo burnt me out on video games in general.

Segaaa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Never grind for loot (it won't drop), never expect a 10* weapon, and never EVER conscientiously search for a specific item. The rares don't drop until you've completely forgotten they existed.

Case in point: Slicing apart a few vardhas for my braver's SP CO and the last one dropped a Block Bellow. I forgot those even existed at the time.

• Locked thread