Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

So I made a Sorcerer healer mainly for dicking around in warzones and I've never realized how difficult it is to manage this. As far as I can tell, the only way to actually jump between targets in your operations group is to either click on their frame on the UI or click on their actual character. This seems ridiculously inefficient to me because having to move over and click on individual names makes me feel like one of those no good dirty ability clickers. Is there something I'm missing here? Surely there's an easier way to do this.

I know in a party, you can use the F-keys to target specific party members. Not sure if it carries over to Operation frames or not. Check the keybinding section of Preferences.

This game is sorely lacking mouseover healing. Part of the reason I enjoyed healing it WoW so much is that Clique made it practically effortless. I could spend time worrying about who needed to be healed instead of worrying about how I was going to heal them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MannStooka
Sep 18, 2003
Been playing the free version to get a feel for the game; I haven't played since beta and then shortly after release. I went ahead and subbed and bought the expansion, but the other races are still showing up as being locked and require Cartel coins to unlock? Is this correct or have things just not updated on my account yet? I thought all the races would unlock now that I have the expansion and I have subscribed. Sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't see anything about this in the last few pages of the thread.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
You have to level the race up to level 50 or purchase the unlock with in game credits off the auction house or you can buy them from the cartel market.

EDIT:

Unlocking them means you can make any class with that race. Initially there are the old original racial restrictions in place for classes.

MannStooka
Sep 18, 2003

Givin posted:

You have to level the race up to level 50 or purchase the unlock with in game credits off the auction house or you can buy them from the cartel market.

EDIT:

Unlocking them means you can make any class with that race. Initially there are the old original racial restrictions in place for classes.
Understood, thanks for the quick reply.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Subscribing unlocks some race choices. Many races are still class restricted and still require a legacy unlock. The unlock can be paid for with money or time, either credits, cartel coins, or getting a character of that race to 50. The only exception is Cathar which can only be unlocked via Cartel.

E: I took too long composing this.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
Ok so if I want to try this game again and my security thingy was set up in a phone I haven't had since the game was released how do I log in? I would try their support but the only way to contact them is buy phone and I don't want to pay international fees for a support conversation that may take a very long time.

MannStooka
Sep 18, 2003

Nyagato posted:

Ok so if I want to try this game again and my security thingy was set up in a phone I haven't had since the game was released how do I log in? I would try their support but the only way to contact them is buy phone and I don't want to pay international fees for a support conversation that may take a very long time.
I was looking at my account earlier and I saw an option in there to remove the key from your account. I don't know if this requires some kind of step, like entering a key from the security device, but it's worth checking out. I'm sure they run into this problem all the time.

Hysterix
Dec 4, 2011
To do this, go to the main login screen of SWTOR website and enter your username and password and leave the security key field blank. Then on the next screen, choose “Lost Security Key?”. This will send a one time password to your email to verify that you want to remove the security key, then you’re basically set!

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

Seditious Jerk posted:

I was looking at my account earlier and I saw an option in there to remove the key from your account. I don't know if this requires some kind of step, like entering a key from the security device, but it's worth checking out. I'm sure they run into this problem all the time.

I could do this if I could log in but I can't. :(

Hysterix posted:

To do this, go to the main login screen of SWTOR website and enter your username and password and leave the security key field blank. Then on the next screen, choose “Lost Security Key?”. This will send a one time password to your email to verify that you want to remove the security key, then you’re basically set!

I only get login failed when I try. I guess this means I'm not getting back into SWTOR today.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Nyagato posted:

I could do this if I could log in but I can't. :(

I only get login failed when I try. I guess this means I'm not getting back into SWTOR today.

Did you log in with your email address or the "station name" for the account? They recently changed so that only the station name is a valid user name.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

dorkanoid posted:

Did you log in with your email address or the "station name" for the account? They recently changed so that only the station name is a valid user name.

I used display name, yes. If you try to use email there is a huge popup that says you are a dummy for trying to use email.

Hysterix
Dec 4, 2011
Apologies- they apparently changed this. Now you must call to remove a security key. Before you could do it via website.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
The call and service are really quick and great though. I had to change my key to a new phone and it took all of about 10 minutes.

Caparzo
Jul 28, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3VvjKelJgE

Decided to make a 20 minutes pvp video with my sniper. Had a ton of fun doing it. I plan on making another video in the next bracket. Also it was my first time using sony vegas, so sorry if it seems cheesy.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Nyagato posted:

I used display name, yes. If you try to use email there is a huge popup that says you are a dummy for trying to use email.

If you call at off-peak US hours, it's pretty quick. However, they will just tell you to use the automated system (unless you're like me an also forgot your password, :p). Try to login and when it pops up asking for your security key (leave it blank), there should be a link/option to remove the key. It should all be automated. That's what customer service told me anyway, like I said, I had to do it through them since I didn't know my password either.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

Anyone on JC want to trade PVP kills for the Ilum achievements later tonight? I'll be on, probably screwing around with other achievements or whatnot, so yell at me in guild chat.

I'm not in the Goon guilds and it's two days later but I'd totally be up for this. I feel sorta sheepish asking about it in my own guild. I've got 1 Imp (F'Hawke) and 2 Pubs (F'Shep/Lin-Beifong) that can be used for this.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

kmzh posted:

I'm not in the Goon guilds and it's two days later but I'd totally be up for this. I feel sorta sheepish asking about it in my own guild. I've got 1 Imp (F'Hawke) and 2 Pubs (F'Shep/Lin-Beifong) that can be used for this.

No poo poo, F'shep is a goon?

Wish I would have known that earlier.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Heh, I mostly just lurk on a bunch of different SWTOR boards/threads because I get bored at work and I'm stupidly obsessed with this stupid game.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

kmzh posted:

Too late, unfortunately. Tonight is raid night, and that's going to take up my whole evening.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Honestly I really really want the the Hand's robe as an adaptive armor. I've also been trying to track down the adaptive armor that looks like the Imperial Guard's armor but I can never recall the set name. I found a few pieces on the GTN but it doesn't seem super common. Any pointers?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

wtftastic posted:

Honestly I really really want the the Hand's robe as an adaptive armor. I've also been trying to track down the adaptive armor that looks like the Imperial Guard's armor but I can never recall the set name. I found a few pieces on the GTN but it doesn't seem super common. Any pointers?

I'm not sure about the cartel armor but the Venerable Ardent Blade set is a crafted level 42 medium armor and looks Imperial Guard-ish - the base version comes in red. You can also get the legacy armor in black at level 20 with the same look.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So I quit back in December right after I got my hk and my entire guild quit the game. Is it still just as boring at max level as it was back then? Mechwarrior is spiralling into the shitter more and more every patch and tempted to reinstall TOR.

Anyone still play on Pot5

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Patch notes are up!

quote:

New Feature: Tauntaun Creature Mounts! Head to Hoth, where players will find the Tauntaun Trainer and Tauntaun Handlers in Aurek and Dorn Bases.

Get hyped!

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Queue endless chat in general about inside/outside smells.

SWTOR posted:

Includes all-new role-neutral Story Mode at Level 55, where Group Finder will match the first four players of any role for fast queue times!

While it's a nice idea I can't help but wonder if that will mean even less people leveling as tank or heals.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

Queue endless chat in general about inside/outside smells.

While it's a nice idea I can't help but wonder if that will mean even less people leveling as tank or heals.

Sounds like you still need a standard group to do the hard mode versions, so I'm guessing there wont be much of a change.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Wow, so as punishment for Wallbanging, Sab Gunslingers instead get an ability that they already have lower in the tree. Ouch,

quote:

Hot Pursuit has been redesigned to improve how it interacts with Hightail It. The skill now has a 50/100% chance to gain 4 charges of Hot Pursuit upon exiting cover, which reduces the energy cost of Quick Shot by 100%. Each use of Quick Shot consumes 1 charge, and consumption of the first charge triggers a 20 second rate-limit on this skill. This effect lasts 15 seconds but is also removed by consuming all charges or reentering cover.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What did it do before?

MannStooka
Sep 18, 2003

Caparzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3VvjKelJgE

Decided to make a 20 minutes pvp video with my sniper. Had a ton of fun doing it. I plan on making another video in the next bracket. Also it was my first time using sony vegas, so sorry if it seems cheesy.
Well done, I enjoyed that. What's the artist/song?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hmm, improved textures in the wilderness areas? Kind of looking forward to seeing that. There's always like an N64-era texture in each zone and it's always been off putting (the Makeb "flower" texture ughhhhh).

2100 cartel coins for a companion seems kind of steep.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Aphrodite posted:

What did it do before?

Dropped 5 bombs that did ~2-4k damage across the length of the roll, but its possible to bug the roll so its all in one place. With Sabotage the ability you could hit a light or medium armor wearer for like 20k in 2 GCD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's free with maxed legacy, I think.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
1 Million credits + Legacy 40, or 2100 CC.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Nope, 1 million creds with legacy level 40. http://www.swtor.com/blog/treek-guide-gaining-new-companion

e:f,b

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!
Oedd helped me add my 55 Jugg Dael to TNG tonight, so that's another tank option open if it's ever needed for HM FP's or to help new 55's work on getting entry level raid gear.

If you don't see Dael on and need a tank just hit me up if I am on Draede my 55 Operative. I'm always happy to help when I can. I don't mind tanking at all :)

[EDIT]

Scratch that, after making me rename the Jugg for the transfer and accepting the name Dael, suddenly it was inappropriate and I had to rename him again tonight. So now he's named Daenar.

DJDace fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 6, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I meant real money free. $1 million is nothing.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Ajax posted:

Wow, so as punishment for Wallbanging, Sab Gunslingers instead get an ability that they already have lower in the tree. Ouch,

Hahaha, get hosed, wallbangers.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Ajax posted:

You're looking at the wrong things. The redesign was to fix a bug where Hightail It was consuming Hot Pursuit before it could be used. No change is being made (yet) to Scatter Bombs so you can wallbang away, you just now get the intended free Quick Shots afterwards.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That's No Goon had a productive night of raiding tonight, downing HM Styrak for the first time, HM Xeno for the first time at 55, and following that up with our first kill of HM Golden Fury. That got me a title to match my mood, as seen below. (Also, I killed a shitton of Gree stuff.)

Unfortunately, we had to bench a couple of people again because we wound up with 10 or 11 people ready to raid. Too many to do 8 man, but too few to do 16 man without rolling the dice on PUGs. If you'd like to run with us, the most important things are to get to 55 and to let us know. We can set up runs through flashpoints and operations to gear people up and teach them the mechanics, but people need to be available.

I really hate having to turn people away, but until we get a few more regulars, we're in an awkward in-between state where we kind of have to.

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!

Nipponophile posted:

That's No Goon had a productive night of raiding tonight, downing HM Styrak for the first time, HM Xeno for the first time at 55, and following that up with our first kill of HM Golden Fury. That got me a title to match my mood, as seen below. (Also, I killed a shitton of Gree stuff.)

Unfortunately, we had to bench a couple of people again because we wound up with 10 or 11 people ready to raid. Too many to do 8 man, but too few to do 16 man without rolling the dice on PUGs. If you'd like to run with us, the most important things are to get to 55 and to let us know. We can set up runs through flashpoints and operations to gear people up and teach them the mechanics, but people need to be available.

I really hate having to turn people away, but until we get a few more regulars, we're in an awkward in-between state where we kind of have to.

Once I get the purp lvl 54 implant recipe unlocked she wants, Faye and I will be in complete rating 156 gear and ready to go.

I'll work on getting my Jugg to the same standard this week so I can fill either a healer or a tank slot as required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Question: do companions generally ignore your species? For example, does Akaavi acknowledge if you're a Zabrak?

• Locked thread